Old 07-21-2009, 08:37   #1
pcmendoza

pcmendoza is on a distinguished road
Why can't I play this game?

Im so excited on this game coz i already used to play this game before, way back 2004. however, i need to cut off internet connection so i stopped palying.

my problem now is, i tried downloading and installing the client again, including the patch 5156.exe. i created another character (coz i already forgot my level 90 archer's username and password), then when i logged in to the same server i was always playing with (Gems World, Ruby) i can only see the place and the bots like warehouseman, blacksmith, storekeeper, and all of them, except for the players and the monsters.

i tried going out of twin city, and somebody is hitting me, but i can't see them. i believe they were the birds, as i remember. (monsters outside twin city).

i even tried to go to the market. but i see no one. however there are people casting magic on me.

im really excited to play this game, but i don't know how to fix this. tomorrow will be my restday, and i want to start playing it again. can somebody help me?
pcmendoza is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53   #2
ramupl

ramupl is on a distinguished road
Hi. I am facing exactly the same problem.

I am using Windows XP SP2 with Comodo Firewall and ESET Internet Security. I dont think it is a firewall issue as I can see and interact with the shopkeepers and get killed by monsters outside the city, but cant see any monsters or players.

Also when I start Conquer the AutoPatch is unable to connect to the Patch Servers and it asks me to Retry, try the Manual Path or ByPass (which I have been choosing).

My current version of the client is 5118.

-----------------

Ah its fixed now. Just extract the files from the 5119-5156.exe (Patch) and copy them to C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0

And run AutoPatch.exe. Things should work fine after that.

Last edited by ramupl; 07-21-2009 at 10:05.
ramupl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2009, 22:33   #3
pcmendoza

don't play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenhagen17 View Post
Don't start playing again. CO has gotten 50 times as worse as 5 years ago. No just don't...

-- what do you mean it has gotten 50 times as worse as 5 years ago? can you give me an example? i will really appreciate it.

-- can u suggest a better online game?
Old 07-21-2009, 22:37   #4
pcmendoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramupl View Post

I am using Windows XP SP2 with Comodo Firewall and ESET Internet Security. I dont think it is a firewall issue as I can see and interact with the shopkeepers and get killed by monsters outside the city, but cant see any monsters or players.

Also when I start Conquer the AutoPatch is unable to connect to the Patch Servers and it asks me to Retry, try the Manual Path or ByPass (which I have been choosing).

-----------------

Ah its fixed now. Just extract the files from the 5119-5156.exe (Patch) and copy them to C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0

---- AAAhhhhh.. ok... i'll try it... however, im still waiting for tenhagen17's reply. i was just wondering what happened to this game. i loved it and got very addictive that's why i want to play it again..

---- anyway, thanks for your advice. i'll reply if it worked for me.
Old 07-21-2009, 23:10   #5
pcmendoza

IT WORKED!

thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramupl View Post

-----------------

Old 07-22-2009, 04:51   #6
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmendoza View Post
-- what do you mean it has gotten 50 times as worse as 5 years ago? can you give me an example? i will really appreciate it.

-- can u suggest a better online game?
I assume you played pre lotto. Before they made the lotto.

The game was ok or great then. All could play and be of value. Good gameplay was rewarded.

Many people buy their game now. They get stronger than anything you could imagine in 2004. And most of it is done through spending real money on the game.

They no longer have monsters drop as many good items.

They have removed almost all gems from mining (they have monsters drop normals, but there are almost zero refined gems mined).

They just removed Tombats, Bandits, Hawkings from the cave in Pheonix Castle map.

It still might be an ok game for a non db or a db buyer. But the value of gameplay is less. They have added some quests to get elite and super gear, but these free items are not enough to compete very well.

You can go to the Community Forum pages and within the first few pages there will probably be some that talk about how the game is way less.

Look at the entire Forum on CO 1 --people really want a return to the game you knew. Many old players do not like the current game, CO 2, they want to play the game you played 5 years ago --CO 1.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20   #7
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
here is a thread from an old player. It is locked but read a few, they tell some about how this game has become.

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=627646

it still can be some fun, just not the same at all.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2009, 03:33   #8
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post
here is a thread from an old player. It is locked but read a few, they tell some about how this game has become.

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=627646

it still can be some fun, just not the same at all.
Sure it still be fun, just in different ways. I don't think Conquer will be strong and fun if we kept it the same all these years. We do need new things in it.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:52   #9
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
Sure it still be fun, just in different ways. I don't think Conquer will be strong and fun if we kept it the same all these years. We do need new things in it.
yea but not major game changing elements like talismans
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: