Old 07-08-2017, 13:59   #1
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Starting a Wiki, looking for talented photoshop/GIMP individuals.

http://conquer-online.wikia.com/

Starting off this is free volunteer work only as I'm doing the same to try and help people out since tq's own site is really not that informative.

So I'm starting a wiki while I could just solo this project myself I was wondering if anyone talented out there would be willing to lend a hand. I don't want to invest an obscene amount of time into this I will be working on it in my spare time.

Basically needing someone for possibly a background art, and then little icons that I will be making clickable sort of like how you see that CO Poker up top that no one bothers with. I'll be needing like +stones, mets, dbs, weapons etc made up like that.

If you can and want to do something like that then feel free to leave a post / message me. No deadlines etc just do it in your spare time and if you can't continue at some point that's cool too just let me know. If you have other skills you can contribute that'd be awesome too!

The Wikia. I did mindless hours of work on this, but it will no longer be updated. If anyone takes over most pages are unlocked and can be updated. For those that aren't if you see anything that needs updated send me a message and I'll do so at my convenience. Thank you! Conquer Online Wikia
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2017, 17:18   #2
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to trunks006
i can moderate, is that a thing?

[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what colour is your nipples?[21:54]
[Friend]Taggerung speaks to Taunt: wow.[21:55]
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what u got saggy ones[21:55]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
trunks006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2017, 17:22   #3
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, I don't think there's much to moderate on there :O. Since it'll be just mostly a thesaurus of information. Thanks for the offer though.

The Wikia. I did mindless hours of work on this, but it will no longer be updated. If anyone takes over most pages are unlocked and can be updated. For those that aren't if you see anything that needs updated send me a message and I'll do so at my convenience. Thank you! Conquer Online Wikia
Old 07-09-2017, 00:21   #4
rzbli12345
Australian

rzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond repute
no hes right though having a forum moderator as a moderator would keep it clean and less hassle between forum x wiki

Server : Mercury/Saturn
Guild : Graveyard (Manager)

i miss the old days of conquer...no not the days before bp nono not days before new classes just when it wasnt Poker online
rzbli12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2017, 02:21   #5
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
http://conquer-online.wikia.com/

Starting off this is free volunteer work only as I'm doing the same to try and help people out since tq's own site is really not that informative.

So I'm starting a wiki while I could just solo this project myself I was wondering if anyone talented out there would be willing to lend a hand. I don't want to invest an obscene amount of time into this I will be working on it in my spare time.

Basically needing someone for possibly a background art, and then little icons that I will be making clickable sort of like how you see that CO Poker up top that no one bothers with. I'll be needing like +stones, mets, dbs, weapons etc made up like that.

If you can and want to do something like that then feel free to leave a post / message me. No deadlines etc just do it in your spare time and if you can't continue at some point that's cool too just let me know. If you have other skills you can contribute that'd be awesome too!
I read your article about the Trojan class. Frankly I think you're approaching the Wiki the wrong way. You should focus primarily on providing objective statements and then back this up with subjective statements.

e.g. Skills

- [insert description of skill including pct damage, range, whether inheritable through rebirth/reincarnation etc. (p.s. a lot of this stuff you could outright steal from the CO website)]

Then comment on:
- advantages/disadvantages
- frequency of use - is this skill used often or sparingly?
- difficulty to use/accuracy
- is skill situational e.g. better in pvp rather than team events? or useful against one char but not against another?

Avoid using OTT personal comments like "OMG fastblade is life, only pros use fastblade, i remember when back in 2004 when it was the **** and I was the best that ever lived #DJKhaled #wethebest #nadoonmyhotkeys"
Old 07-09-2017, 02:51   #6
Kachun

Kachun is on a distinguished road
I agree that the wiki should be a corrected and complete version of the game information section of the co website.

For example lets take a weapon.
Firstly the co site doesnt list all possible variants of it, secondly there are currently 66 stats for every item (clientside) and the site only lists 3 to 5 of those and often with mistakes.
Kachun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2017, 03:12   #7
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
I read your article about the Trojan class. Frankly I think you're approaching the Wiki the wrong way. You should focus primarily on providing objective statements and then back this up with subjective statements.

e.g. Skills

- [insert description of skill including pct damage, range, whether inheritable through rebirth/reincarnation etc. (p.s. a lot of this stuff you could outright steal from the CO website)]

Then comment on:
- advantages/disadvantages
- frequency of use - is this skill used often or sparingly?
- difficulty to use/accuracy
- is skill situational e.g. better in pvp rather than team events? or useful against one char but not against another?

Avoid using OTT personal comments like "OMG fastblade is life, only pros use fastblade, i remember when back in 2004 when it was the **** and I was the best that ever lived #DJKhaled #wethebest #nadoonmyhotkeys"
I mean, It's not subjective at all it's quite factual. I decided to post the history and then I'm going to also move onto skills, suggested builds etc. Posting current updated information including the classes is pretty useful to anyone looking to play. That's how conquer was back in the day 1.0, fast blade was seen as the only way to play and anyone who used herc etc was seen as an inferior player that's just how it was then. I wasn't referring to present day in the history topic. Dragon Warrior and Wind Walker are 100% trojan clones just updated to be better and thus trojan is completely underpowered and those are the alternatives until the class gets a proper balance buff.

That said, skills will be gone through in depth, what combos are available I'll go through etc like herc+fb chaining etc.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:14   #8
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachun View Post
I agree that the wiki should be a corrected and complete version of the game information section of the co website.

For example lets take a weapon.
Firstly the co site doesnt list all possible variants of it, secondly there are currently 66 stats for every item (clientside) and the site only lists 3 to 5 of those and often with mistakes.
I'm planning to show weapons via pics and the weapon skills via gifs, for the most part, the more complex combos I'll make short videos of. List different versions of weapons such as poison blade/mana bs/hp bs. Describe how to obtain them etc.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:17   #9
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzbli12345 View Post
no hes right though having a forum moderator as a moderator would keep it clean and less hassle between forum x wiki
I mean I'm not too sure what would need to be moderated but if something comes up I'll definitely refer back. As it is now though It's mostly going to be a thesaurus of accurate and informative information from players perspectives though maybe I'll look into adding a comment box, not sure as of yet.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:23   #10
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
I mean, It's not subjective at all it's quite factual. I decided to post the history and then I'm going to also move onto skills, suggested builds etc. Posting current updated information including the classes is pretty useful to anyone looking to play. That's how conquer was back in the day 1.0, fast blade was seen as the only way to play and anyone who used herc etc was seen as an inferior player that's just how it was then. I wasn't referring to present day in the history topic. Dragon Warrior and Wind Walker are 100% trojan clones just updated to be better and thus trojan is completely underpowered and those are the alternatives until the class gets a proper balance buff.

That said, skills will be gone through in depth, what combos are available I'll go through etc like herc+fb chaining etc.
History is probably the least useful thing you could possibly read though. It has absolutely no relevance if you're looking for further information about the game. If you wanted to create a nostalgia post then you could go here http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=658650

Also you should avoid saying anything like - DW and WW > Trojans and instead focus on setting out advantages and disadvantages of each class. For example, one reason why someone might want to go Trojan now is that the class is relatively less expensive than DW/WW so if you want to try to get high BP rather quickly and be competitive in team events, this might be a good bet.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:21   #11
Kachun

Kachun is on a distinguished road
I think its good to have a best for ... section and have a seperate part describing trojan.
Who knows what kind of emergened gameplay a trojan might be suited for?
Kachun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2017, 12:06   #12
rzbli12345
Australian

rzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond reputerzbli12345 has a reputation beyond repute
i still think its a bit much for a single person to take on because the game goes far indepth

especially when it comes to chi jiang and so on
should start building a team of forumers willing to help

Server : Mercury/Saturn
Guild : Graveyard (Manager)

i miss the old days of conquer...no not the days before bp nono not days before new classes just when it wasnt Poker online
rzbli12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2017, 14:40   #13
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzbli12345 View Post
i still think its a bit much for a single person to take on because the game goes far indepth

especially when it comes to chi jiang and so on
should start building a team of forumers willing to help
Yeah It's going to take awhile for sure I'm not looking to be done anytime soon I'm hoping to have most of it written and updated by the time 3.0 hits and then ill add in gifs etc with the new updated graphics and skills.

Old 07-09-2017, 14:42   #14
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
History is probably the least useful thing you could possibly read though. It has absolutely no relevance if you're looking for further information about the game. If you wanted to create a nostalgia post then you could go here http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=658650

Also you should avoid saying anything like - DW and WW > Trojans and instead focus on setting out advantages and disadvantages of each class. For example, one reason why someone might want to go Trojan now is that the class is relatively less expensive than DW/WW so if you want to try to get high BP rather quickly and be competitive in team events, this might be a good bet.
True on that, honestly after i'm done I'll be probably adding it below the skills and builds etc just there for people who might be interested in it and I'll definitely mention it's one of the cheaper classes to play if they choose to go that route.

Old 07-09-2017, 16:49   #15
*~BeLLaDonna~*

*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Returning =)

It is a very courageous initiative cuz it will require a lot of work >.<

I don't have the graphics skills needed, but if I can help in anything else I will ^_^
Sake - Most noob
*~BeLLaDonna~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: