Old 10-31-2011, 07:31   #31
Tenchu_Z

Tenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond reputeTenchu_Z has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the big deal over mine botter.. are they really bothering any of you?
Glory- Cutiebabe123 Pure water
Tenchu_Z is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 07:32   #32
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu_Z View Post
Whats the big deal over mine botter.. are they really bothering any of you?
Tell it to the market. O.o
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36   #33
Rickk
I Hunt you

Rickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
Tell it to the market. O.o
And the lag that hurts ALL OF US:
Rickk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 07:38   #34
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickk View Post
And the lag that hurts ALL OF US:
They will deny it.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-31-2011, 09:48   #35
SaintAugustine
Banned

SaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond reputeSaintAugustine has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsu333 View Post
Ohh i see...I got respect for him as a programmer...But not because he is ruining a game.

@SaintAugustine i don't know how IronPython works but as long as that bot relogins with the accounts and passwords of their users i am pretty sure it saves them some were...And beside that,the bot kills the fairness of the game.Thing that i totally disapprove with
The user must supply the program with the password knowledge. So, it's not like the program (maliciously) hijacks your password out of the client unknowingly. Reconnection isn't possible unless the user gives the bot permission to do so, or better yet the information to do so.

The information is stored in the process (the RAM) on the users computer and is never transmitted to a remote location. As a programmer, you always want to be presented with one thing -- A challenge. So, that's kind of the out look we have on things. "Can we do it? Can we make this possible". While the by-product of our interest may be the destruction of our game (fyi, your servers market/economy is probably dependent on bots at this point), it satisfies us.
SaintAugustine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 11:03   #36
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAugustine View Post
The user must supply the program with the password knowledge. So, it's not like the program (maliciously) hijacks your password out of the client unknowingly. Reconnection isn't possible unless the user gives the bot permission to do so, or better yet the information to do so.

The information is stored in the process (the RAM) on the users computer and is never transmitted to a remote location. As a programmer, you always want to be presented with one thing -- A challenge. So, that's kind of the out look we have on things. "Can we do it? Can we make this possible". While the by-product of our interest may be the destruction of our game (fyi, your servers market/economy is probably dependent on bots at this point), it satisfies us.
What if the huge mass of bots will ruin all servers, thus rendering the whole game unplayable? Wouldn't that basically ruin the bot business in turn? Or is it just a small loss and there are other bots for other games in case this one fails?
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-31-2011, 11:40   #37
Centora

Centora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond repute
All TQ needs to do is change the encryption method on all their files or change the way they are encrypted in memory per patch. Yes alot of work but due to the nature of how much $$ they lose to bots they would save.

Than again think of all the $$ they made from innocent jailings. TQ isn't a dumb company they will make more money than all of it's players combine 10 years from now. :P

Classic ~ Liberty || Kratos~

Vote: Change item composition to steed composition.
Centora is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55   #38
Mikeyy
Mikeyy

Mikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centora View Post
All TQ needs to do is change the encryption method on all their files or change the way they are encrypted in memory per patch. Yes alot of work but due to the nature of how much $$ they lose to bots they would save.

Than again think of all the $$ they made from innocent jailings. TQ isn't a dumb company they will make more money than all of it's players combine 10 years from now. :P
tq makes money off bots, all they need to do is is botjail/ban people often but with a system that actually works not the current ****ty one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous~ View Post
You dumb ****.
Mikeyy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 12:44   #39
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What if the huge mass of bots will ruin all servers, thus rendering the whole game unplayable? Wouldn't that basically ruin the bot business in turn? Or is it just a small loss and there are other bots for other games in case this one fails?
They know that mass botting ruins the game, thats why they are asking for a ridiculous amount of money for it. Harvest as much money as you can before TQ abandons the game. Its what companies do if their product is getting close to its end.

Just as a comparision. You paid 25$/month for a wow bot and Blizzard got a whole department of gms/programmers and so, which do nothing but fighting bots, so the 25$ were resonable. However CO bot guys ask for 10-30$ because TQ does something against bots once or twice/year. They are just as greedy as TQ. The only difference is that TQ cannot be sued for it .
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 12:51   #40
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
They know that mass botting ruins the game, thats why they are asking for a ridiculous amount of money for it. Harvest as much money as you can before TQ abandons the game. Its what companies do if their product is getting close to its end.

Just as a comparision. You paid 25$/month for a wow bot and Blizzard got a whole department of gms/programmers and so, which do nothing but fighting bots, so the 25$ were resonable. However CO bot guys ask for 10-30$ because TQ does something against bots once or twice/year. They are just as greedy as TQ. The only difference is that TQ cannot be sued for it .
30 dollars? Ridiculous amount? O_o TQ asks you for hundreds of dollars to be freed in some cases if they put you in botjail or ban you because some wiseguy decided to fraud DBs and sell them to you in-game.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-31-2011, 13:36   #41
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
30 dollars? Ridiculous amount? O_o TQ asks you for hundreds of dollars to be freed in some cases if they put you in botjail or ban you because some wiseguy decided to fraud DBs and sell them to you in-game.
Your point? I already said that TQ was greedy aswell, however mass botting just forces TQ to be even more greedy. Ridiculous botjail prices anyone?

Anyways i meant of course ridiculous in reference to the effort/work that you have to put into a CO bot compared to bots for other games like WOW...
They posted somewhere that this is the reason why they have to sell it for that much, which sounds pretty much like a bad joke if you are a programmer yourself
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2011, 13:51   #42
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Your point? I already said that TQ was greedy aswell, however mass botting just forces TQ to be even more greedy. Ridiculous botjail prices anyone?

Anyways i meant of course ridiculous in reference to the effort/work that you have to put into a CO bot compared to bots for other games like WOW...
They posted somewhere that this is the reason why they have to sell it for that much, which sounds pretty much like a bad joke if you are a programmer yourself
I don't know the value of said bots and thus cannot tell if 30 dollars is too much or too little for what the bot does.
What makes me laugh is the fact that this game, which is easy as hell, has some botters that dream of being in the top of this game. It's just extremely funny, i don't know if current players see what i mean, but those who quit surely see what i mean.

I've had my fun as a normal player, didn't feel like logging in and the botters destroying the market made me all the more not willing to log in anymore. My autopatch was broken due to no longer logging and updating and that's how i left it.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-31-2011, 16:06   #43
AngelKisses

AngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond reputeAngelKisses has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't know the value of said bots and thus cannot tell if 30 dollars is too much or too little for what the bot does.
What makes me laugh is the fact that this game, which is easy as hell, has some botters that dream of being in the top of this game. It's just extremely funny, i don't know if current players see what i mean, but those who quit surely see what i mean. .
/rant of a vet.

I left this game over a year ago and today I decided to come back and check how things were. I was stunned at the things I saw. The market is now almost empty. The place that used to thrive no longer exists. There are monk noobs all over market, same dress, same level all with super bound gears and picks in hands. I went to TC mine to start and what I found amazed me. All the noobs in one area,all with away above their heads yet still mining. Picks would come down 4 times then the miner would sit for 7 seconds then it would repeat. As I traveled each mine it was all the same, except the further out you got the more intense the population of them became. Ac Mines and DC mines overflowing with bots. What has TQ allowed to happen to this game? I realize that bot miners have always been there, we would farm them way back when. The cheats have always been around, but people were far more cautious about how often and when they used them. From what I can tell, non botters are outnumbered by a 50,000 to 1 ratio. How sad. I know that 15 months ago it was getting bad, but never did I think it would be like this. How could a company allow this to become the norm of what was something we old timers really enjoyed? Shame on you TQ, just shame on you.
As a gamer I can tell you I wont ever come back again and will double my efforts in spreading the word to all I hear thinking about playing this game.
To those of you with the big mouths, flame on. We all know you are just looking for someone to blame as to why you still play this game. Do yourself a favor and quit! /end rant
Old 10-31-2011, 16:20   #44
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKisses View Post
/rant of a vet.

I left this game over a year ago and today I decided to come back and check how things were. I was stunned at the things I saw. The market is now almost empty. The place that used to thrive no longer exists. There are monk noobs all over market, same dress, same level all with super bound gears and picks in hands. I went to TC mine to start and what I found amazed me. All the noobs in one area,all with away above their heads yet still mining. Picks would come down 4 times then the miner would sit for 7 seconds then it would repeat. As I traveled each mine it was all the same, except the further out you got the more intense the population of them became. Ac Mines and DC mines overflowing with bots. What has TQ allowed to happen to this game? I realize that bot miners have always been there, we would farm them way back when. The cheats have always been around, but people were far more cautious about how often and when they used them. From what I can tell, non botters are outnumbered by a 50,000 to 1 ratio. How sad. I know that 15 months ago it was getting bad, but never did I think it would be like this. How could a company allow this to become the norm of what was something we old timers really enjoyed? Shame on you TQ, just shame on you.
As a gamer I can tell you I wont ever come back again and will double my efforts in spreading the word to all I hear thinking about playing this game.
To those of you with the big mouths, flame on. We all know you are just looking for someone to blame as to why you still play this game. Do yourself a favor and quit! /end rant
I left it mainly because i didn't feel like logging in. Second because i could no longer sell met scrolls. I didn't mind when there were 1-2 mouse botters or miners that used to bring met scrolls to market for 8-9 cps, because it was easy to buy them and sell them for higher. Now that they sell them 3 cps each and in HUGE amounts, my marketing plans are foiled, so that's a good 2nd reason not to come back.

The **** hit the fan 2 months after i left, according to my friends that still (try to) play the game and also according to community. There is lag almost everywhere. Prices crashed and market became emptier. Spawns are taken over by botzorz.

Let's see how far will TQ go. Watching from the edge seems fun.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-31-2011, 18:26   #45
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.§cofield View Post
yes,sometimes,
but why u are asking,,if u mean that tq covers bulker,or help them agains rules,then no,sorry u r wrong,
when horse race steed was newly introduced,all egy was not see the horse race fence in the very first seconds due to huge lag,i passed the fence accidently with my full +12 fire and trojan,,,someone was recording,,then my 2 full +12s were jailed
You've missed the time you were frapped and botjailed for glitch abuse at GW (Go Nasdaq. Miss you.). Just a few weeks ago I watched you abuse the glitch that allows team switching during skill pk. You're a cheater. You have no moral highground to stand on about botters or anyone else. Stick to attentionwhoring to yourself on broadcast. Leave the crying about botters to those who've never cheated. Which brings me to...

Think they were pretty good about the botters for a while there on Evolution. I'm seeing alot now though. Try hunting meteordoves. Reality is I don't even care much if botters stay to their own areas. It's when I'm forced to compete with them for mobs it can be frustrating. When they'll just bot anywhere with complete disregard for being caught and annoy any number of players they are out of control. Lucky7 isn't bad. Garden of Eden was practically unplayable as the bots were everywhere. Leveling areas for regular players included. Evolution is getting to be almost as bad. Hopefully this will be posted in the VIP section sometime and staff will actually pay attention.
PatternistSlave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: