View Poll Results: Re-vamp the Dash skill?
Yes 35 83.33%
No 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2010, 05:05   #1
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Dash Revamp

Yes Warriors currently have dash but it is the most broken skill in the game. When we click to activate the skill, the character runs for a bit to place himself next to the object; then dashes. Dash has no use in pvp because of this, unless of course you are fighting someone stationary, which is rare. Dash also has little use in pve since after a while, you are simply unable to dash because the warrior maybe on the monster's coordinates.

Proposal
I would like Dash to either get a re-vamp to the following:

Dash
Description: While behind cover of your shield, Warrior charges at enemy. (Both offensive and defensive capabilities).

Animation: Warrior slides across the screen in a manner similar to fastblade. Warrior should dash, shield first. Animation of warrior sliding could be changed to a large shield with flames at the back (a la Cap' America's "Charging Star" for you MvC fans).

Properties: Warrior moves about the same distance as fastblade or 3/4's the distance (looking for full speed here though). While dashing any damage received is reduced (numbers to be displayed at the end) since the shield is up to defend against damage. Further because he is dashing as an attempt to hit the enemy, if successful, the enemy takes damage (numbers also to be shown below).

Criteria: Dash is a shield skill so shield must be equiped and you must be in the Warrior's class. The skill is stamina based so Taoists would have the ability to take this skill away however I am unsure how to treat the stun/stamina loss effect. I dont think they should loose either while performing the dash skill but this is debatable (so dont vote no. Just dont vote and comment and I will get back to you to earn your vote ). Also note that because it follows the concept of fastblade, you must aim to hit your target. If you suck at fb, then you will suck at this and probably just use it for the defensive properties. Skill also costs 20 stamina points like fastblade.

Damage Properties: (The numbers you people are really looking for)
Dash would essentially be in 3 levels: Elementary, Level 1 and 2. Please note that if we eliminate levels, then the fixed version would be the replacement.

Elementary: 30% damage reduction of all types/ Attacks enemy for 50% of warrior's damage.

Level 1: 45% damage reduction of all types/ Attacks enemy for 75% of warrior's damage.

Level 2: 60% damage reduction of all types/ Attacks enemy for 100% of warrior's damage. (Fixed)

For you people who dont do percentages that well, if a warrior was hit for 10k during dash, he would actually receive 4k damage with fixed dash. Thats my suggestion although I have a bash skill that I also need to suggest...

Last edited by Durant; 11-12-2010 at 05:08.
Durant is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2010, 08:28   #2
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
Seems fair. I like it. I personally never played warrior but I do agree that Dash is the Warrior's only Class-based offensive skill (Aside from Flying Moon) needs a buff. Why not make another topic for boosting Flying Moon. Cause magical damage on a Melee oritentated class is well...

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2010, 11:00   #3
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosknightray View Post
Seems fair. I like it. I personally never played warrior but I do agree that Dash is the Warrior's only Class-based offensive skill (Aside from Flying Moon) needs a buff. Why not make another topic for boosting Flying Moon. Cause magical damage on a Melee oritentated class is well...
I did a long time ago. Was like one of the first threads I made. People seem meh for a stamina based flying moon. Might be better now but I have to see first how it should be changed. To be honest, the XP one should be kept while they earn a new one...
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52   #4
???TheEnigma???

???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute
simply.. no. (I VOTED YES BTW, just saying a general NO to your thoughts on how to revamp it.)

1 - dash hits double damage when you dash them against a wall.
2 - i DO like the suggestion of making it like fastblade... BUT either.. the animation needs to be INSTANT (or near it.. so like dash makes you move along a line of 3/4 spaces REALLY FAST) or there needs to be no stamina requirement.

either way.. should it push a target INTO a wall (after being hit.. they shouldent be able to move and be stuck being "pushed" until dash ends), then the damage should be double.

my experience and knowledge of dash... I used to be a dash/club non-rb warrior for a year a long while ago.. so i have a viewpoint on where dash was lacking and where it shouldent be nerfed (nerfing the damage and requiring stam is a BIG nerf and really not needed)

if your going to put stam requirement on it.. make it 5 or 10 stam points.

if your not goin to put a stam requirement on it (reccommended option by me) then put a 2 second delay on it so people cant dash EVERY second.
Barely Reading in December 2013

~~~Too Many Chars to be bothered to list~~~

Vote on a new Alliance System for CO!
???TheEnigma??? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2010, 14:35   #5
Durant
Angry X***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???TheEnigma??? View Post
simply.. no. (I VOTED YES BTW, just saying a general NO to your thoughts on how to revamp it.)

1 - dash hits double damage when you dash them against a wall.
2 - i DO like the suggestion of making it like fastblade... BUT either.. the animation needs to be INSTANT (or near it.. so like dash makes you move along a line of 3/4 spaces REALLY FAST) or there needs to be no stamina requirement.

either way.. should it push a target INTO a wall (after being hit.. they shouldent be able to move and be stuck being "pushed" until dash ends), then the damage should be double.

my experience and knowledge of dash... I used to be a dash/club non-rb warrior for a year a long while ago.. so i have a viewpoint on where dash was lacking and where it shouldent be nerfed (nerfing the damage and requiring stam is a BIG nerf and really not needed)

if your going to put stam requirement on it.. make it 5 or 10 stam points.

if your not goin to put a stam requirement on it (reccommended option by me) then put a 2 second delay on it so people cant dash EVERY second.
I actually have a problem with your opinion. I am also a dash-warrior from way back and but when I made the re-vamp did it in mind that I would have to sacrifice. As said before, the chances of you actually getting in a position to trap someone between the wall is slim with dash now. That wont change with a fastblade-like dash.

Additionally while the current one gives double damage for being against the wall, I was willing to sacrifice this damage since the chance of us actually getting it, is again depandant upon the location of your enemy. Chances are you dont use dash anymore for the same reason I dont. The misplacement glitch which stops you from dashing after a point.

No stamina requirement or any requirement at all would make a dash of this calibur a bit overpowered. Even if it did what you wanted it would be a bit overpowered. Why jump when you can just dash where you wanted to go? The current dash uses the shield durability. I prefer to keep my shield longer as it already gets enough damage from fighting thank you very much.

Stunning people with dash doesnt happen with current dash and I dont see why people should be stuck if hit with dash now.
Old 11-12-2010, 18:05   #6
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
The x2 from Smacking someone into a Wall is well not a big deal. It may work In Qualifer or PKA or maybe even Jail but mostly its situational. Like say in GW. Or PKT.

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2010, 17:12   #7
Durant
Angry X***

Boomp
Old 11-13-2010, 17:46   #8
Zealots Fury
Ultimatum

Zealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond reputeZealots Fury has a reputation beyond repute
lol ur back cuz u realized that pure wars are actually super beast now

This spec is ftw btw

Wand/Shield

bug up an Archer or Tao armor

Use ears or bug up a ninja helm

DB Bug your wand for more HP

Massive amounts of Mdef to nerf OP fire damage on you.

Still have good defense.

Crazy HP.

Wand is ownage at GW pole.

GG
Zealots Fury is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2010, 19:23   #9
???TheEnigma???

???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
I actually have a problem with your opinion. I am also a dash-warrior from way back and but when I made the re-vamp did it in mind that I would have to sacrifice. As said before, the chances of you actually getting in a position to trap someone between the wall is slim with dash now. That wont change with a fastblade-like dash.

Additionally while the current one gives double damage for being against the wall, I was willing to sacrifice this damage since the chance of us actually getting it, is again depandant upon the location of your enemy. Chances are you dont use dash anymore for the same reason I dont. The misplacement glitch which stops you from dashing after a point.
if its not possible much, then it will not matter if that fact remains.

I dont use dash because I no longer have a warrior with warrior gear :P

I made my non-rb warrior into a war-troj.. o.o and now a war-troj-troj... wondering wtf to do with it (barely play it anymore)

Quote:

No stamina requirement or any requirement at all would make a dash of this calibur a bit overpowered. Even if it did what you wanted it would be a bit overpowered. Why jump when you can just dash where you wanted to go? The current dash uses the shield durability. I prefer to keep my shield longer as it already gets enough damage from fighting thank you very much.

Stunning people with dash doesnt happen with current dash and I dont see why people should be stuck if hit with dash now.
a TIMED DELAY on usage would be the same as having a stamina requirement.. I never suggested it using dura, but then ALL skills use dura, dash used too much.

I remember spending 4 hours in GW dashing EVERYONE in sight non stop to death.. and suddenly noticing my shield was about to break..

so it can last 4 hours imho.

EDIT: oh and i never was THAT against a stam requirement, I just think that 5 or 10 is a better value.
Barely Reading in December 2013

~~~Too Many Chars to be bothered to list~~~

Vote on a new Alliance System for CO!

Last edited by ???TheEnigma???; 11-13-2010 at 19:26.
???TheEnigma??? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 20:27   #10
Durant
Angry X***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealots Fury View Post
lol ur back cuz u realized that pure wars are actually super beast now

This spec is ftw btw

Wand/Shield

bug up an Archer or Tao armor

Use ears or bug up a ninja helm

DB Bug your wand for more HP

Massive amounts of Mdef to nerf OP fire damage on you.

Still have good defense.

Crazy HP.

Wand is ownage at GW pole.

GG
One problem with that spec: Owned by trojans (due to taoist or archer armour). Owned by ninjas (regardless of what armour you wear). Another problem with your spec and I could be wrong on this but Dash never worked on the pole.

Further maybe you dont understand the dash skill. You are actually dashing (active skill) so your passive skills here wont have an effect. The point here is that the Dash skill would overtake other skills until its complete.

Last edited by Durant; 11-17-2010 at 05:25.
Durant is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2010, 05:25   #11
Durant
Angry X***

Bamp
Old 11-23-2010, 05:21   #12
Durant
Angry X***

Bemp
Old 11-27-2010, 14:26   #13
Light~Shadow
Twilight

Light~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond repute
bumper

130(Water)>130(Water)>131(Water)

[S] Cap +8 STG STG -5
[S] Bag +6 STG STG -5 P3
[S] Bracelet +6 SDG SDG -5
[S] Mana Bs +8 SPG SPG -3 p6
[S] Robe +6 STG STG -5
[S] Boots +5 STG STG -5
[S] Fan +7 STG RTG-1
[S] Tower +7 SGG SGG -1
[S] Crop +6
Steed +6
Royal Ape -1
Palm Leaf Fan -1
Miracle Gourd -1
Fancy Azure -1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
And there's going to be a bacon shortage, too. Twin City may never recover.
Light~Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20   #14
Durant
Angry X***

TQ fix my friggen dash now!
Old 12-03-2010, 18:55   #15
Lord Venom

Lord Venom is on a distinguished road
I'm all for it Durant

Actualy when pure skills first came out and I saw the Star Arrow, I thought of that for Dash skill. So turn the warrior into the "projectile" and he can recieve the minimum damage when in motion and knock back the enemy just like Star Arrow.

Make it use half stanima,and if you hit you get a .25 second movment delay (stun) befor you can move/jump again afterwards. As far as range though, I think it should go 1.5 a screen length, or equal to tornado.

First +9 warrior armor in Fury/Ryee

"Sworn to avenge.
Condemned to Hell!
Tempt not the blade,
All fear the Sentinel!"
Lord Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: