Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.31 average. Display Modes
Old 09-07-2003, 05:03   #1
Logothesis

Logothesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Answers to Beginner questions

[list=1][*]How can i jump ?

Hold down CTRL and press the left mouse button on where you want to jump to.
[*]Whats is the "best weapon" for my Warrior or Trojan ?

There is no "best weapon". Best is what you like and want to use on your hero.

However a general rule applies to weapons in Conquer : the more Damage a weapon does, the less accurate it hits.

When you are a Trojan and can use two weapons at once you want to archive a good damager per timer by using either two medium Dmg medium Accuracy weapons (i.e. Blades) or by combining a high Dmg low Accuracy weapon (i.e. Hammer) with a low Dmg high Accuracy one (i.e. Dagger).
[*]I am a Trojan. How do I equip two weapons at once ?

You need to be level 40 to equip 2 weapons at once. If you are level 40 you can go to the job cente to change your profession and after that you can equip 2 weapons.
[*]I wa standing in twon and clicked on a player and suddenly i am dead and all my stuff dropped to the ground. What happened ?

When your PK-mode is not set to "Peace" and you click on a player you are attacking him. Attacking players inside town or near any Guards is forbidden and so the guards attacked and killed you. Top set the PK-mode to peace click on PK at the bottom and set to "Peace".
[*]How do i equip my weapon/clothes ?

Open you Inventore (click on "Inventory" at the bottom) and right-click on the weapon/armor you want to equip.
[*]How do i un-equip a weapon/armor ?

Open you status (click on "status" at the bottom), now at the left side of the status window are 4 little balls. Click on the 2 ball (from top) to view you charackter and everything he has equipped. Double-click on a pieve of gear to un-equip it.
[*]How do i get from the starter City to a place where i can play/fight monsters ?

speak to the NPC names "knowitall", he will teleport you to the first City which is named Twin City.
[*]When i ask somone where something is, they often reply with a pair of numbers (i.e. 246, 369). What does that mean ?

Those par of numbers are the coordinated of a location. When you look on the top left of your screen, you will also see those numbers. They indicate your present location and of course they will change when you move
[*]I have no potions left and no money to buy new ones, but my health is low, what can i do ?

Sit down to slowly regenerate health. To sit down click on the "Actions" button at the bottom of the screen and select "Sit".
[*]Where can i buy a weapon ?

The NPC named "Blacksmith" sells weapons. In twin city he is located at (452, 330).

More info on weapon-selling NPC's and their location : http://www.conqueronline.com/guide/Wqd.htm
[*]Where can i buy Armor ?

The NPC named "Armorer" sells Armor. In Twin City he is located at (412, 366).

More info on armor-selling NPC's and their location : http://www.conqueronline.com/guide/zbd.htm
[*]Where can i buy potions to heal me or refill mana ?

The NPC named "Pharmacist " sells potions. In Twin City she is located at (466, 327).
[*]How do i change my portrait ?

Talk to the NPC named "Beautician" in Twin City at (457, 332). Each change costs 500 Silver.
[*]How do i change my hair style ?

Talk to the NPC "Barber" in Twin City at (412, 376). Each change costs 500 Silver, bald head costs 1000 silver.
[*]How do i change the color of my hair ?

The NPC named "Storekeeper" in Twin City at (415, 351) sells coloring agent (at the bottom of her for sale window)
[*]My weapon proficiency shows 0.000% and it does not increase even when i fight with the right weapon.

You charakter needs to be a certain level before he can increase his weapon proficiency again. When you hit the next "full" level (i.e. 10, 20, 30 and so on), it will increase again.
[*]My Thunder shows 0.000% and does not increase, even when use it.

You charakter needs to be a certain level before he can increase his thunder level again. When you hit the next "full" level (i.e. 10, 20, 30 and so on), it will increase again.
[*]I saw another player fighting with a monster and i wanted to help him, then suddenly he gets very angry at me. Why ?

In the game Conquer some classes get extra EXP if they kill a monster. Moreover the one who kills it gets the monster drops. So when a player fights a monster a long time to kill it and you kill it without asking him first he might think you wanted to steal his extra EXP or the loot. Always ask before helping other players and unless they ask for help do not attack "their" monster.
[*]I found a shiny ball named "meteor". What is it good for ?

Meteors are used for two things in the game :

1. You can change the color of your Armor with them, if you do not like the color of a Armor you found or bought form the shop.

2. A more important use is the "upgrade" the level of an item. When you look at the shops you will find i.e. different swords, for level 5, level 10, 15, 20, 25 and so on. Same goes for Armor or other weapons. You can use a meteor to upgrade the level of an item, i.e. the lvl 22 armor becomes the level 32 Armor. Items upgraded with meteors keep their quality level, i.e. a refined lvl 20 sword upgraded with a meteor becomes a refined lvl 25 sword. They do not upgrade the quality of an item, i.e. a "normal" Blade does not become a "refined" Blade. Only Dragonballs can upgrade the quality.

Meteors are quite rare and many players want them, so do not trade them away for cheap ! A Meteor is worth at least 20k-25k Silver.
[*]I am using the XP skill Cyclone (Trojan) or Superman (Warrior). What does the KO # mean ?

It indicates how many enemys you've killed while using that skill.

If you us the skill you see that colored line at the bottom of the screen getting shorter over time. As soon as the line reaches the right edge of the screen the skill is over.

Now every time you slay a monster and the KO count increases by 1 you get a little bit of that line back (approx. 1 second skill time).[/list=1]

[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : this stupid ork
[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : just runs towards me
[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : when it has no hp
[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : i am like.. thanks

Last edited by Logothesis; 09-13-2003 at 03:44.
Logothesis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2003, 17:56   #2
h@ck

h@ck is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Great job there Logothesis! Im sure it will help the new players with their doubts
h@ck is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2003, 01:38   #3
Logothesis

Logothesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by h@ck
Great job there Logothesis! Im sure it will help the new players with their doubts
Thanks

Btw i try tp upgrade it with new questions as soon as i can think of any, so if you ot anyone else hears some new questions not answered here please feel free to post them here or PM me so i can upgrade the guide.

Thank you in advance !

[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : this stupid ork
[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : just runs towards me
[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : when it has no hp
[Friend]KaiNi speaks to : i am like.. thanks
Logothesis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2003, 04:29   #4
Dina

Thx, Logothesis. Well done. The newbies will benefit a lot from your post.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2003, 07:09   #5
MGFighter87
Savior

MGFighter87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i cant consider myself an expert, but some qns here are asked by noobs n even players of high lvls

<<Alchemist Quest>>

>Euxenite Ores -- Dun think that they are useless... Gather 5 of them n go to phoneix castle talk to alchemist to gain 3k
>Gold Ores
<!!>DUN SELL Rate 3 and Rate 10 Gold Ores
---Gather 3 rate 3 gold ores to xchange for a lvl67 refined
amberigis bag and 3 rate 10 gold ores to xchange for a
Kylin gem

<<Rat Fang Quest>>

The rat fang is used for a quest in maple forest (find it out yourself, its at where minner sister is :P) to xchange for
either a refined, unique or elite bag or ring, depending on ur luck, nobody gotten a superior item YET, thats wat i heard?

BTW all this can be gotten from the official webbie
MGFighter87 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2003, 09:33   #6
DonXavier
Elder Member

DonXavier is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully new players think to come to the forums. Most often then not they just jump right into the game and ask ingame. I direct them to the website and even give them the link ingame so all their questions can be answered...most just get frustrated though and run off. *sigh*
The site + this forum has so much useful information that the community really should take advantage of.
DonXavier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2003, 01:55   #7
Dina

Thx for all your kind help and support
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2003, 12:14   #8
WindSlicer

WindSlicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice job.

I was just wondering about one thing: the whole mining aspect of the game. How can I do it? What do I need to do it? etc. etc. Any information you can provide me will be much appreciated

Thanks!
WindSlicer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2003, 15:54   #9
muffinbug

muffinbug is an unknown quantity at this point
This helped alot but I have one question......where are all the monsters?! I havent killed a single thing. And I am in Twin City.
muffinbug is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2003, 16:58   #10
SoGoN
Legendary Game Tester

SoGoN is an unknown quantity at this point
muffinbug: The server is currently having some problems... You have to wait til it reboots...

[b]WindSlicer:/B] You need to talk to the Alchemist in Phoenix Castle to get your Hoe to mine... Anyway the mining concept is bugged... So you might just concentrate on lvling up...
Finalhit - lvl 40 Trojan
LoGoN - lvl 1 InternTaoist

I wish I have more luck to find my 2nd DB and a super 2 socket bs...

SoGoN - lvl 99 Draco Monk and Warrior
Finalhit - lvl 99 Priest
SoGoN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2003, 22:52   #11
Peaches
Cute Moderator =)

Peaches is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Peaches
I just wanted to add to #19 that due to inflation meteors are now worth like 80-120k.
And to #20, there is now a KO bored that you can rank on with the superman skill.

And mining is now working.

Peaches - Level 61 Fire Taoist & Member of Digital Devil
LilPeaches - Level 37 Trojan & Member of Digital Devil
Peachy - Level 37 Warrior & Member of Digital Devil
LilPeachy - Level 61 EagleArcher & Member of Digital Devil

Moderator of the Off Topic forum.
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-2003, 21:48   #12
SoGoN
Legendary Game Tester

SoGoN is an unknown quantity at this point
Just weird why there is only one KO board for warrior's XP skill superman??? Shouldnt there be one KO skill for every class/path? *off topic*
Finalhit - lvl 40 Trojan
LoGoN - lvl 1 InternTaoist

I wish I have more luck to find my 2nd DB and a super 2 socket bs...

SoGoN - lvl 99 Draco Monk and Warrior
Finalhit - lvl 99 Priest
SoGoN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2003, 09:08   #13
Selenia

Selenia is an unknown quantity at this point
on behalf of the new players .. thanks ^^

granted im still in the auto patch phase, so i dont know if its actually helped ...yet xD

Selenia

Level 12 Archeress and Slayer of the Evil Nasty Things ^_^;
Which are, for the moment those eevvill RainbowBirds .. they have caused me alot of pain

Witout Purpose We would Not exisit, whats your purpose?
Selenia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2003, 16:58   #14
gakidou

gakidou is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a meteor... but it says:
Amount: 199

on the description... what does that mean?? does it mean i have 199 meteors?! or does it mean something else?

gakidou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2003, 19:23   #15
xClaRiSsAx
>=(

xClaRiSsAx is an unknown quantity at this point
no it doesn't mean u hav 199 mets.. (i WISH!!)
-Kikyo- ~ Lv5x Water>Water [retired]

:: Blizzard ::
-Urumi- ~ Lv8x Water>Fire [retired]
DoggiE^SonyeO ~ Lv8x Archer [retired]

<3 Nerva aka nervy <3 TieuLyPhiDao aka loompy <3 ghostgrey aka xiaogui <3 shaokun aka kor <3 Amber aka da ge <3 Shin!gamiZ aka oppa <3 Half_ID aka halfy <3 Krissy aka da jie <3 PangTong aka kor <3 xXdifferentXx aka weiwei <3 Pochme aka kor <3 oniclan <3 xDestinyx aka snoopy <3 MidoBan aka yangyang <3 Terrier aka rp boi

<3 VenusLove aka emma <3 Munchies aka joe <3 ChaosCloudx aka fat chaos <3 chaospawn aka tudi <3 Jenn <3

I QUIT CO FOR GOOD.
xClaRiSsAx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: