Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 11:16   #106
Jaxx..
Banned

Jaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Brady :( View Post
If I think that, then what?
If you look like a homo, you're more likely to be one... It's simple logic really, maybe you dislike people who stereotype but statistics don't lie, most of the people ARE stereotypes.
If someone wears a lot of easy clothes it's probably someone who doesn't care about looks. If you don't agree on this then you probably haven't paid attention to anyone's appearance.
Quote:
And yes, looks show 99% of the time what a person is like.
That's ridiculous.

So are you telling me when you get onto a bus you able to know what every person is like based of their appearance?

How about I post some pictures of people I know of and you define their personality seeing you can do this all of appearances...
Jaxx.. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2011, 11:41   #107
Bob the Builder
(◕‿◕✿)

Bob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's not about showing respect to them because they are old, it's because they most likely did a lot of good stuff whilst living that they got so old. And yes, looks show 99% of the time what a person is like.
You can't assume they did anything good, just cause they're old and wrinkly and sweet.
For all I know that guy raped 4 women and burned down multiples people's houses. I'm not helping that **** across the street. I have no reason to respect him, I don't know him.
Quote:
If I think that, then what?
If you look like a homo, you're more likely to be one... It's simple logic really, maybe you dislike people who stereotype but statistics don't lie, most of the people ARE stereotypes.
If someone wears a lot of easy clothes it's probably someone who doesn't care about looks. If you don't agree on this then you probably haven't paid attention to anyone's appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx.. View Post
That's ridiculous.

So are you telling me when you get onto a bus you able to know what every person is like based of their appearance?

How about I post some pictures of people I know of and you define their personality seeing you can do this all of appearances...
Jaxx is 100% right on this.

Looks don't mean jack/mean very little when it comes to how the person is like.
And 99%? Wow, really? I can't believe my physical appearance influences my personality so heavily.
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2011, 12:11   #108
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's ridiculous.

It's not possible to read someone's personality but I can get a clear picture on what he would be like most of the times just by looking at his appearance.
And you're not allowed by the rules to post pictures of other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
You can't assume they did anything good, just cause they're old and wrinkly and sweet.
For all I know that guy raped 4 women and burned down multiples people's houses. I'm not helping that **** across the street. I have no reason to respect him, I don't know him.

Jaxx is 100% right on this.

Looks don't mean jack/mean very little when it comes to how the person is like.
And 99%? Wow, really? I can't believe my physical appearance influences my personality so heavily.
You got it wrong and right, looks don't mean **** about a peron's personality.

BUT...

Someone's personality affects how that specific person wants to look, therefore they ARE related. Personality also affects how someone behaves in public and based on behaviour and looks you can get a pretty clear image on what a person is like.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:40   #109
Jaxx..
Banned

Jaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's not possible to read someone's personality but I can get a clear picture on what he would be like most of the times just by looking at his appearance.
And you're not allowed by the rules to post pictures of other people.

BUT...

Someone's personality affects how that specific person wants to look, therefore they ARE related. Personality also affects how someone behaves in public and based on behaviour and looks you can get a pretty clear image on what a person is like.
I love it how you go 'You're not allowed to post RL pictures of other people', its like you're getting defensive.

But back to the point. I agree that your personality can be related to your appearance and vice versa however up to a certain point.

However I still strongly believe you cannot judge someone's personality solely on their appearance. I can't believe I'm even debating this, havent you heard the saying "dont judge a book by its cover..."

Maybe bob can explain her point then me.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:42   #110
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I love it how you go 'You're not allowed to post RL pictures of other people', its like you're getting defensive.

But back to the point. I agree that your personality can be related to your appearance and vice versa however up to a certain point.

However I still strongly believe you cannot judge someone's personality solely on their appearance. I can't believe I'm even debating this, havent you heard the saying "dont judge a book by its cover..."

Maybe bob can explain her point then me.
I never said I judge people solely on their appearance, just that it gives a bit of an image what the person might be like.

Also, you mad?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:48   #111
Bob the Builder
(◕‿◕✿)

Bob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

BUT...

Okay, well we were only talking about looks so I'm going to disregard the part about behaviour.
I do agree that personality can effect the way a person looks (style, make up, etc), but you can't judge 99% of someone based on how they look.

But here's the thing, you said those "rockers" probably don't respect the elderly. What about their appearance made you think that? Was it the beards, the long hair, or the way they dressed? Because I didn't get any of that from their appearance.
It may be possible that someone is insecure if they wear lots of make up (example), I'll give you that, but that's only one aspect of their personality, it doesn't make up 99% of it.

What exactly are you looking at when you judge someone based on their looks, may I ask?
I don't know, you might start saying everyone with green eyes is ***, because there's some weird stereotype like that.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:57   #112
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
i think what wayne is saying is that first impressions can be really accurate at times, which i can say is mostly true. though the more we get to know a person our perceptions of them tend to change
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2011, 13:04   #113
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
Okay, well we were only talking about looks so I'm going to disregard the part about behaviour.
I do agree that personality can effect the way a person looks (style, make up, etc), but you can't judge 99% of someone based on how they look.

But here's the thing, you said those "rockers" probably don't respect the elderly. What about their appearance made you think that? Was it the beards, the long hair, or the way they dressed? Because I didn't get any of that from their appearance.
It may be possible that someone is insecure if they wear lots of make up (example), I'll give you that, but that's only one aspect of their personality, it doesn't make up 99% of it.

What exactly are you looking at when you judge someone based on their looks, may I ask?
I don't know, you might start saying everyone with green eyes is ***, because there's some weird stereotype like that.
It wasn't the looks that made me say that about those rockers, it's the fact that Bo Bice got arrested for cocaine possession etc.
And in my opinion, someone's behaviour is their appearance as well, since it's visible on the outside.
Old 09-11-2011, 13:05   #114
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Because rockers like that respect others, yes, they show a lot of respect to the elderly and such.
You probably read halfway of what i wrote anyway.
I didn't mention the personality side for nothing. I said "calmness and respect for other people" as a 2nd attribute a guy has to have. But since the world is mostly full of anusholes who like to destroy other people's work or bully people or even kill or cheat... That's like a 1 in a million chance to meet someone i'd like.

If we're going on stereotypes, i have noticed that guys with short spiky hair tend to be asses and pick on people or cheat on women and then show off with their cheating performances to their buddies. They also tend to listen to suburban music such as rap. (well, in romania, it's either manele or mainstream rap). They also tend to show off with their new phones and usually have rich parents.
Let's see how many people here will deny that.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2011, 13:07   #115
Jaxx..
Banned

basically wayne you made an error just come clean.
Old 09-11-2011, 13:11   #116
ProEgy♥
Banned

ProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ok, so if a sweet person wears nice clothes and looks cute, has a style and a cool haircut, does that mean he/she has a good personality? o.o
ProEgy♥ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2011, 13:17   #117
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
You probably read halfway of what i wrote anyway.
I didn't mention the personality side for nothing. I said "calmness and respect for other people" as a 2nd attribute a guy has to have. But since the world is mostly full of anusholes who like to destroy other people's work or bully people or even kill or cheat... That's like a 1 in a million chance to meet someone i'd like.

If we're going on stereotypes, i have noticed that guys with short spiky hair tend to be asses and pick on people or cheat on women and then show off with their cheating performances to their buddies. They also tend to listen to suburban music such as rap. (well, in romania, it's either manele or mainstream rap). They also tend to show off with their new phones and usually have rich parents.
Let's see how many people here will deny that.
Your stereotype is quite a bit off, that's not how stereotypes work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProEgy***9829; View Post
Ok, so if a sweet person wears nice clothes and looks cute, has a style and a cool haircut, does that mean he/she has a good personality? o.o
No, it means she might try to impress people and she might find it important to be recognized.
Old 09-11-2011, 13:19   #118
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Your stereotype is quite a bit off, that's not how stereotypes work.

No, it means she might try to impress people and she might find it important to be recognized.
My stereotype is a bit off because not many people stereotype your common bald-headed or spiky-haired guy that's an ever presence on the street or in school or at the workplace.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2011, 13:21   #119
Bob the Builder
(◕‿◕✿)

Except... stereotypes aren't accurate nor fact, and it annoys me that you act as if they are.
Directed at Wayne, for clarification.
Old 09-11-2011, 13:22   #120
ProEgy♥
Banned

ProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond reputeProEgy♥ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Gotta say this^ is usually correct. :0 But I'm a bit confused, how is this related to her personality? I.E behaviors and habits? Unless we're talking about some ((insecure)) girl that doesn't think good of herself & that wants people's attention by any means.

@post above me, stereotypes CAN be true sometimes.

Last edited by ProEgy♥; 09-11-2011 at 13:26.
ProEgy♥ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: