Old 09-21-2014, 18:48   #61
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurpleKnight View Post
LOL are you fcking kidding me? YOU GUYS STARTED IT! He came in and replied to the thread with an idea. Right or Wrong, Smart or Dumb, not important, you guys then decided to start **** with him and when he asked for an explanation you further made fun of him while telling him nothing. He wasn't trying to discredit, he was trying to learn from the mistakes he was being told he was making and you guys were just being dicks.
lol not one word of that is true.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2014, 19:28   #62
ThePurpleKnight
Knight

ThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kirito View Post
Well taking into consideration that servers are not stacking on top of each-other,so to speak, more so they're just dumping data onto one server to free-up another and in turn creating these "new servers" (i know someone already mentioned this just a post above me, but my point--->). With that in mind I certainly hope they clean up/delete all of these inactive noob account's that haven't been logged in for quite sometime. It may enhance the performance on these merged servers allowing there to be less data for the server to cycle through. Lets face it these server merges become a burden on chi ranks as well (not that TQ cares) but they do. I know some non-bulkers are going to puff out their chest and shout no simply do to the fact that those noobs prevent some bulker from having a superior account in which I do agree to an extent. Chi rankings should be difficult to obtain and by having those noobs there creates an obstacle for those who do bulk on chi, or for whom ever, to over come. I get it- and for someone who is working or has worked on ranking in chi it doesn't seem as satisfying if their ranks were low 350's. However, push aside this argument and look at it from a players prospective, bulker or not, when servers merge and continue to merge, chi rankings will become higher and harder to obtain. When was the last time you got 3 oranges in one animal? the rates are to low for anyone to score high making it harder on you, the player, to get there. Sooner or later nix and dragon will be 390+ to get top 50 and 395+ for top 20 on these merged servers. ehh sorry I can get carried away, I apologies for drifting off--- back to my main point which was mainly to free up the dead weight on our already merged servers, They've done it a few years ago don't see why they can't do it now.
^ I present to you, a statement, a reply to this thread, and not a person, if you had to say this was directed at a person it would be directed at the OP, aka myself.

A statement about the problems of all these extra accounts taking up space in both the server and the chi rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
Computers don't work that way.
It's fine to disagree, maybe computers don't work that way, though to be fair he was talking about servers, it's a little different but I'm not hardware expert quite the opposite, aside from knowing the difference between hardware and software, I know nothing about hardware rly.

Quote:
Elaborate
Ofc as with any even slightly intelligent individual, you tell them they're wrong and they will want an explanation. Nobody wants to be told they are wrong but then not told the write answer.

I just made up a joke. Why did the chicken cross the road? Did you guess "to get to the other side"? If so you were wrong, my joke has a different punch line, much funnier, but I've decided I'm not going to tell you it, enjoy.

Understand? If you tell someone they are wrong, tell them how and the right answer, if you're not going to educate, don't say anything.
Quote:
Well you previously said that's not how a computer works and I never stated nor have I went on to discuss how a computer works let's just keep that on the record here all I did speak about was improving the performance and that wasn't even my main point, it was just something to tag along with my statement. This may optimize for better performance it may not you can milk this idea till its dry; still hasn't been implemented approved or even took into consideration. For all we know you're arguing over air.

But since you are coming off like you know why exactly this wont work, scientifically speaking ( and you can bring deathclaw in on this as well), I'd love to read the inner-workings as to why you both think freeing up disk space doesn't optimize performance. Should be a good read I look forward to both of your replies
Important points

- Never mentioned how computers work, you guys brought that up, he was talking about servers and effects of noob accounts.

- you two started something, finish it.
Quote:
lol not one word of that is true.
All above replies are to you.

309 BP Pure Warrior
Game Balance Enthusiast.
Remove "Low Skill - High Reward."
ThePurpleKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2014, 19:37   #63
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's fine to disagree, maybe computers don't work that way, though to be fair he was talking about servers, it's a little different but I'm not hardware expert quite the opposite, aside from knowing the difference between hardware and software, I know nothing about hardware rly.
Servers are computers. They aren't different.

Quote:
Ofc as with any even slightly intelligent individual, you tell them they're wrong and they will want an explanation. Nobody wants to be told they are wrong but then not told the write answer.

I just made up a joke. Why did the chicken cross the road? Did you guess "to get to the other side"? If so you were wrong, my joke has a different punch line, much funnier, but I've decided I'm not going to tell you it, enjoy.

Understand? If you tell someone they are wrong, tell them how and the right answer, if you're not going to educate, don't say anything.
No, i don't understand, because as soon as he asked me to elaborate, i did. Right here. I then went on to further explain when it apparently wasn't enough, here. Then deathclaw helpfully made this post, with more explanation.

Quote:
- Never mentioned how computers work
No, he suggested a way to improve performance of the servers, but anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of how computers work would know that it would never do that.
Old 09-21-2014, 19:53   #64
ThePurpleKnight
Knight

ThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Servers are computers. They aren't different.

No, i don't understand, because as soon as he asked me to elaborate, i did. Right here. I then went on to further explain when it apparently wasn't enough, here. Then deathclaw helpfully made this post, with more explanation.

No, he suggested a way to improve performance of the servers, but anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of how computers work would know that it would never do that.
Computers

Servers

Again not a hardware expert, but they do seem to be different, like one doesn't even use a monitor from all examples I've ever seen, I know sometimes computers are used as servers so I imagine they are similar if one can act as the other, but I highly doubt TQ has an office of 2003 desktop computers with a windows 2000 operating system just left on all day for others.

I am sure they have a server, and it probably looks similar to the one above and would be unable to open google and do a google search and **** like that.

I don't think your explanation was very good, as I still do not have an understanding of why clearing garbage off a server doesn't increase it's performance. I mean you say server = computer right? When I clear unused programs, junk files and tons of other crap off my computers it increases performance, why would that not work on a server? If you know, they are the same thing.

As for the specific issue of this thread though, Idt it's an actual problem with servers but rather TQ themselves, how convenient it is that during every Saturday before team pk you have people unable to login like this. We know this game is dead, we aren't unable to log on due to the amount of people, we are unable to log in because (insert conspiracy theory here)

309 BP Pure Warrior
Game Balance Enthusiast.
Remove "Low Skill - High Reward."
ThePurpleKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2014, 20:03   #65
DeathNote~
Ahmed

DeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond repute
If you can't log because there are too many players online, then the game is not dead as much as you wish it to be.
Old 09-21-2014, 20:16   #66
I.punch.bishes
Bishes :D

I.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathNote~ View Post
If you can't log because there are too many players online, then the game is not dead as much as you wish it to be.
All servers suffering simultaneously from the same problem until it disappears immediately after CTF ends?

AHorriblePlayer

Aim not to miss
I.punch.bishes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2014, 20:26   #67
DeathNote~
Ahmed

DeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond reputeDeathNote~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.punch.bishes View Post
All servers suffering simultaneously from the same problem until it disappears immediately after CTF ends?
This was a response to the above poster.
Old 09-21-2014, 20:27   #68
ghfdhhdf

Quote:
Again not a hardware expert, but they do seem to be different, like one doesn't even use a monitor from all examples I've ever seen, I know sometimes computers are used as servers so I imagine they are similar if one can act as the other, but I highly doubt TQ has an office of 2003 desktop computers with a windows 2000 operating system just left on all day for others.
Yes, clearly you are not an expert. They are the same thing. Your computer will work perfectly fine without a monitor too, and a server can use a monitor just as well.

Quote:
I am sure they have a server, and it probably looks similar to the one above and would be unable to open google and do a google search and **** like that.
Well you're wrong. They can open google just fine. Their servers can do anything your computer can do.
Quote:
I don't think your explanation was very good, as I still do not have an understanding of why clearing garbage off a server doesn't increase it's performance. I mean you say server = computer right? When I clear unused programs, junk files and tons of other crap off my computers it increases performance, why would that not work on a server? If you know, they are the same thing.
It doesn't, on either a server or your computer.
Old 09-21-2014, 21:57   #69
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL are you fcking kidding me? YOU GUYS STARTED IT! He came in and replied to the thread with an idea. Right or Wrong, Smart or Dumb, not important, you guys then decided to start **** with him and when he asked for an explanation you further made fun of him while telling him nothing. He wasn't trying to discredit, he was trying to learn from the mistakes he was being told he was making and you guys were just being dicks.
What is the point with arguing with someone that already proves with post 1 that he has the same superficial knowledge as the typical gamer kid in high school, that keeps on mentioning buzzwords which don't even make any sense. He even dares to claim to have a degree in cs yet that he basically has forgotten the correct terminology and the basics of how a computer works because it was 4 years ago.

No this piece of **** should be glad that I did not completely take him apart.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2014, 22:20   #70
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Computers

Servers

As for the specific issue of this thread though, Idt it's an actual problem with servers but rather TQ themselves, how convenient it is that during every Saturday before team pk you have people unable to login like this. We know this game is dead, we aren't unable to log on due to the amount of people, we are unable to log in because (insert conspiracy theory here)
desktops and servers are different.

more thorough/stricter validation, more features on motherboard, extensive technical support etc.

prices are exponentially higher than your ave desktops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: