View Poll Results: So ?
Yes, I agree 9 50.00%
No, I don't agree (I love having lag spikes) 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2009, 11:56   #1
isti37
Tigger

isti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond repute
Flooding algorithm in Conquer Online

The game as it is it's laggy because almost everything you do is sent to the server, checked and you receive a response.
If the programmers are smart enough they can invent a flooding algorithm for conquer online which would send the cordinates of each player through other clients. So each player would become a movement/location/skill check server too.
And the server would check only the items, monsters, trades, login and those type of things. The other things which can be checked between other players could be sent encoded within clients. So if there are 2000 people playing on the server you will still have like 50 ping. Because 50-100 people will play in America near the server, they will send 20000 connections in other areas in America and the other people will make more millions of connections around the world. And if you play with a decent internet speed you will share the connection through other clients. And because the world is so big you could just share your movement through 2000 clients and each client would receive your fb or jumping without delay if they got a decent connection. Each client would check the others and conquer will be able to run smoothly without charging the server with the movement checking and other features. This could be a great innovation for MMORPG's , the unimportant data could be flooded through players and the server would just check every 10 minutes if a player has made something illegal and automatically ban him.

Same idea as with torrents, the difference is that you will send only the not so private data to the other clients. The things which can be delayed will be checked by the server.

The basic ninja :
Who needs fastblade ? I have Twofold Blades
Who needs superman ? Fatal strike is way faster.
Who needs poison blade,tornado ? I have toxic fog and poisonous shuriken !
Who needs reflect ? I can do a counter kill faster than a blink of an eye.
Who needs dodge ? It's a waste of a skill ! I like to bane the archers and make them run to their mommies.

Last edited by isti37; 07-18-2009 at 12:00.
isti37 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2009, 13:01   #2
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Clenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by isti37 View Post
The game as it is it's laggy because almost everything you do is sent to the server, checked and you receive a response.
If the programmers are smart enough they can invent a flooding algorithm for conquer online which would send the cordinates of each player through other clients. So each player would become a movement/location/skill check server too.
And the server would check only the items, monsters, trades, login and those type of things. The other things which can be checked between other players could be sent encoded within clients. So if there are 2000 people playing on the server you will still have like 50 ping. Because 50-100 people will play in America near the server, they will send 20000 connections in other areas in America and the other people will make more millions of connections around the world. And if you play with a decent internet speed you will share the connection through other clients. And because the world is so big you could just share your movement through 2000 clients and each client would receive your fb or jumping without delay if they got a decent connection. Each client would check the others and conquer will be able to run smoothly without charging the server with the movement checking and other features. This could be a great innovation for MMORPG's , the unimportant data could be flooded through players and the server would just check every 10 minutes if a player has made something illegal and automatically ban him.

Same idea as with torrents, the difference is that you will send only the not so private data to the other clients. The things which can be delayed will be checked by the server.
Sweet coordinates client sided so I can be immortal. The reason why most things are server sided is because anyone can get a hold of a ram editor and change things. What your actually suggesting is what gave us speed hack, wh bypass and a few others.

Now just because there is 2000 people playing on the server, you don't get updates for all 2000. You only get updates for the ones within 3ish screens away.
Clenk~V.7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2009, 13:54   #3
kvdk
Alien #15

Location: In your head, stealing your secrets... oooh, a good one!
kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.7 View Post
Sweet coordinates client sided so I can be immortal. The reason why most things are server sided is because anyone can get a hold of a ram editor and change things. What your actually suggesting is what gave us speed hack, wh bypass and a few others.

Now just because there is 2000 people playing on the server, you don't get updates for all 2000. You only get updates for the ones within 3ish screens away.
he is talking about making the client into a p2p network

like this:

playerA [america] jumps from 100,100 to 110,110
playerB [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerC [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerD [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerE [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerF [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
(the 5 player verify is becouse there is a 5/IP client limit)

playerA [europa] jumps from 100,100 to 150,150
playerB [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerC [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerD [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerE [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerF [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
server gets 5 verifications, denies [hack] and disconnects the user

see?
the idea behind this, is that the clients do stuff instead of the server
and by letting all nearby clients verify it, the server dous less

problem here is it requires a p2p network, and that means getting trough the firewalls

so there would have to be a double system
1) direct client2client connections inside the p2p network
2) client2server2client connections to fake the p2p network
[second connection the server only relays packages, and not verifies them]

but the server would still have to verify people with less then 5 other players in range...

but, although hard to do..
adding a system like this, would increase the server capacity
combine it with the [much needed] recoding of the connection system..
and TQ could potentially change the groups into servers
kvdk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2009, 09:48   #4
isti37
Tigger

isti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond repute
This would be great for atleast Guild Area, but I don't think TQ has got programmers good and cheap enough to do a good and very efficient algorithm.

The basic ninja :
Who needs fastblade ? I have Twofold Blades
Who needs superman ? Fatal strike is way faster.
Who needs poison blade,tornado ? I have toxic fog and poisonous shuriken !
Who needs reflect ? I can do a counter kill faster than a blink of an eye.
Who needs dodge ? It's a waste of a skill ! I like to bane the archers and make them run to their mommies.
isti37 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10   #5
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Clenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk View Post
he is talking about making the client into a p2p network

like this:

playerA [america] jumps from 100,100 to 110,110
playerB [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerC [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerD [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerE [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
playerF [america] gets event, verifies, accepts
(the 5 player verify is becouse there is a 5/IP client limit)

playerA [europa] jumps from 100,100 to 150,150
playerB [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerC [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerD [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerE [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
playerF [europa] gets event, verifies, denies [hack]
server gets 5 verifications, denies [hack] and disconnects the user

see?
the idea behind this, is that the clients do stuff instead of the server
and by letting all nearby clients verify it, the server dous less

problem here is it requires a p2p network, and that means getting trough the firewalls

so there would have to be a double system
1) direct client2client connections inside the p2p network
2) client2server2client connections to fake the p2p network
[second connection the server only relays packages, and not verifies them]

but the server would still have to verify people with less then 5 other players in range...

but, although hard to do..
adding a system like this, would increase the server capacity
combine it with the [much needed] recoding of the connection system..
and TQ could potentially change the groups into servers
It still doesn't mean it will work. I can setup 5 computers and force the packets to go to those 5 computers and I would still be invincible. There is a reason why everything goes to server for verification. Besides console games, rarely does anyone do anything like this because on pcs it is easy to manipulate things. And do you really want people knowing your IP?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10   #6
Toxicosis
Polarity

Toxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond reputeToxicosis has a reputation beyond repute
It does not work on other games I play

Ever find time to try the game S4 League, it uses a system like this! If another client has poor internet, then they become impossible to harm, and it even has small affect on those around them!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:07   #7
kvdk
Alien #15

kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It still doesn't mean it will work. I can setup 5 computers and force the packets to go to those 5 computers and I would still be invincible. There is a reason why everything goes to server for verification. Besides console games, rarely does anyone do anything like this because on pcs it is easy to manipulate things. And do you really want people knowing your IP?
no you cant, all players in range would get the package..

if the server dous not get a verification from all users in range, then it KNOWS something is wrong....

but TQ prolly sucks at coding such a system, but if it was created, the stress on the servers would be a lot lower
Old 07-21-2009, 15:17   #8
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Quote:
no you cant, all players in range would get the package..

if the server dous not get a verification from all users in range, then it KNOWS something is wrong....

but TQ prolly sucks at coding such a system, but if it was created, the stress on the servers would be a lot lower
Actually you posted what I wanted you to. So the complaint was a laggy server to begin with so you decided to flood hundreds of times the packets to the server. Isn't that counter productive? Well I guess you would be ahead of the server since the server wouldn't be able to keep up with everything. You could pull someone forward 2-3 jumps instead of pulling them back.
Old 07-21-2009, 15:50   #9
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
Actually you posted what I wanted you to. So the complaint was a laggy server to begin with so you decided to flood hundreds of times the packets to the server. Isn't that counter productive? Well I guess you would be ahead of the server since the server wouldn't be able to keep up with everything. You could pull someone forward 2-3 jumps instead of pulling them back.
lets take this...
the server having to check:
- if someone can actually move there
- if someone can actually move at their speed

or...

- userB says userA is ok
- userC says userA is ok
- userD says userA is ok
- userE says userA is ok
- userF says userA is ok

get the picture?
instead of just looking to see if enough users verify [and if not, verify it manually]
it currently has to verify everything, for everyone

especially in busy areas, this will result in hacks being impossible while removing the verifcation lag
Old 07-21-2009, 16:16   #10
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Quote:
lets take this...
the server having to check:
- if someone can actually move there
- if someone can actually move at their speed

or...

- userB says userA is ok
- userC says userA is ok
- userD says userA is ok
- userE says userA is ok
- userF says userA is ok

get the picture?
instead of just looking to see if enough users verify [and if not, verify it manually]
it currently has to verify everything, for everyone

especially in busy areas, this will result in hacks being impossible while removing the verifcation lag
Still you go from server receiving one action and putting it into effect to the server receiving that one action and several other verifications and still having to put that one action into effect.

And have you thought about this? Lets say you have 50 people in your area. Each action anyone does you will get a packet. 50 people doing things will cause 50 extra packets for your client to verify and 50 extra packets to send to server to say you verified it. That will increase lag on yourself and server. Causing your computer to work harder and possibly decrease your fps.

Do you get the picture?
Old 07-21-2009, 16:47   #11
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
Still you go from server receiving one action and putting it into effect to the server receiving that one action and several other verifications and still having to put that one action into effect.

And have you thought about this? Lets say you have 50 people in your area. Each action anyone does you will get a packet. 50 people doing things will cause 50 extra packets for your client to verify and 50 extra packets to send to server to say you verified it. That will increase lag on yourself and server. Causing your computer to work harder and possibly decrease your fps.

Do you get the picture?
this currently happens:

player1 jumps to point X > server dous verification > sends it to players2 trough 10
this is what would happen then:
player jumps to point X > players2 to 10 receive the info > send verification to server

if TQ can do it is not the point here..
but if they can, a system like this would cut back lag a lot..
immagine playing CO1 again, that kind of speeds, with todays internet and servers
Old 07-21-2009, 17:22   #12
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Quote:
this currently happens:

player1 jumps to point X > server dous verification > sends it to players2 trough 10
this is what would happen then:
player jumps to point X > players2 to 10 receive the info > send verification to server

if TQ can do it is not the point here..
but if they can, a system like this would cut back lag a lot..
immagine playing CO1 again, that kind of speeds, with todays internet and servers
To clarify it does

Player1 jumps to point X
Player1 sends packet to server
Server verifies
Server send packets to Player 2-10
Player2-10 updates accordingly

What the suggestion is.

Player1 jumps to point X
Player1 sends packet to Player 2-10
Player2-10 verifies
Player 2-10 sends packets to server
Server changes coords
Server sends packets to player 11-20(the ones on screen)
Player 11-20 updates accordingly.

It will not decrease lag, it will increase it because you are forcing the server to wait on player 2-10 instead of just player1. If one of those people are downloading something everyone will lag since the server needs that packet.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:47   #13
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
To clarify it does

Player1 jumps to point X
Player1 sends packet to server
Server verifies
Server send packets to Player 2-10
Player2-10 updates accordingly

What the suggestion is.

Player1 jumps to point X
Player1 sends packet to Player 2-10
Player2-10 verifies
Player 2-10 sends packets to server
Server changes coords
Server sends packets to player 11-20(the ones on screen)
Player 11-20 updates accordingly.

It will not decrease lag, it will increase it because you are forcing the server to wait on player 2-10 instead of just player1. If one of those people are downloading something everyone will lag since the server needs that packet.
actually, that player 11 - 20 get the packet before the server dous aswell...
you see, the server would be nothing more then a backbone that makes sure everything goes right..
while 99% of the time, the clients manage eachother

the server dous not send the packages to anyone, it just receives verification packages

the amount of trafic in total is more, but due to the clients knowinging even before the server, lag is decreased
Old 07-22-2009, 07:08   #14
Predy1673
T3h Lord

Predy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond reputePredy1673 has a reputation beyond repute
This is a great idea! It would totaly end the botting O.o atleast when sum1 is botting on screen with a non botter^^
Job:Warriormaster
Level:133,7
Equipment:
Elite +8 Helmet 2xSdg
Super +6 Necky 2xSdg -3
Super +6 Heavyring 2xSdg -3
Super +12 Spear 2xSdg -5
Super +8 Shield 2xSdg -3
Super +8 Armor 2xSdg
Super +6 Boots 2xSdg -3
Super +6 Fan 2xStg -1
Super +6 Tower 2xRgg -1
Super +5 Crop
Also a +5 Steed
Predy1673 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54   #15
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Quote:
actually, that player 11 - 20 get the packet before the server dous aswell...
you see, the server would be nothing more then a backbone that makes sure everything goes right..
while 99% of the time, the clients manage eachother

the server dous not send the packages to anyone, it just receives verification packages

the amount of trafic in total is more, but due to the clients knowinging even before the server, lag is decreased
Who will send the packet to player11-20? How would they know its a legit packet and not a fake one? They either have to do the checks to verify it or wait til after player 2-10 get ahold of it and decide its legit. Then what? They either have to communicate to eachother or the server to tell everyone its legit. So your increasing the number of packets again. Do you not understand how network cards work? They work hell of alot slower when dealing with multiple packets. They work alot faster with larger, fewer packets.

Still do you not see how that is worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predy1673 View Post
This is a great idea! It would totaly end the botting O.o atleast when sum1 is botting on screen with a non botter^^
It wouldn't make a difference. The checks would be the same that the server does. Since the server doesn't catch botting, the clients won't be able to. SV is just a clicker so noway to remove it without blocking the app really. Proxy manipulates packets directly and they would still manipulate them and everyone will know its proxy but the computer won't know the difference. Everything else is a ram edit which is undetectable for the most part.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: