View Poll Results: Proposed changes to skills prevent or remove Fog, Poison Star, & Poison
Yes - XP Shield - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 98 70.00%
No - XP Shield - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 33 23.57%
Yes - Fatal Strike - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 51 36.43%
No - Fatal Strike - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 54 38.57%
Yes - Fly/XP Fly - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 60 42.86%
No - Fly/XP Fly - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 53 37.86%
Yes - Pray/XP Revive - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 101 72.14%
No - Pray/XP Revive - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 28 20.00%
Yes - Meditation/Spirit Heal - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 84 60.00%
No - Meditation/Spirit Heal - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 43 30.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 16:48   #31
>LINK<!!
Banned

>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute
Too many options and not to many voters.

Pray and XP shields sounds good.
>LINK<!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2009, 17:19   #32
Nokias

Nokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond repute
might aswell say take toxic fog off altogether
Nokias is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2009, 22:52   #33
Dark101010

Dark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond repute
god u people b*ch way too much. Follow the program or quit lol. There are other games out there. If u dont like the way it is, tough luck, u can quit. If u think about what messes people are u should think about battle power and talisman first, not fog LOL. FOG does not work on high battle power people///; get my drift? People cried for new "things" to be in the game and now there's this new thing; EITHER ADAPT TO IT, OR QUIT, DONT COME CRYING ON FORUMS ABOUT THIS AND THAT. Like I said b4, FOG is not the only thing that ruined the game; the game HAS BEEN RUINED A LONG TIME AGO however i adapt to it. even created my own ninja combo...and I'm sure MOST of you out there already owned a ninja
Dark101010 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2009, 02:19   #34
>LINK<!!
Banned

>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute>LINK<!! has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm Majin vegeta you're right about the med and spirit heal. It's very hard to use that when ninja's are zapping and keep chasing.

It kinda makes logic and it would balance the game again. If the accounts were able to cure the fog with sh and med. Cause TF wouldn't look like an overpowered skill then but just as a decent skill.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:21   #35
>LINK<!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokias View Post
might aswell say take toxic fog off altogether
That's what I want tbh, but since that cannot happen cause TQ was to late to figure out that it would be an overpowered skill... it's staying =\
Old 06-24-2009, 12:44   #36
alto_alin21
alto_alin

alto_alin21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark101010 View Post
god u people b*ch way too much. Follow the program or quit lol. There are other games out there. If u dont like the way it is, tough luck, u can quit. If u think about what messes people are u should think about battle power and talisman first, not fog LOL. FOG does not work on high battle power people///; get my drift? People cried for new "things" to be in the game and now there's this new thing; EITHER ADAPT TO IT, OR QUIT, DONT COME CRYING ON FORUMS ABOUT THIS AND THAT. Like I said b4, FOG is not the only thing that ruined the game; the game HAS BEEN RUINED A LONG TIME AGO however i adapt to it. even created my own ninja combo...and I'm sure MOST of you out there already owned a ninja
Let me guess ... are you working for TQ ? Or you used a lot of dragon balls to make a character with toxic fog, and now you are afraid to lose something. You're the only one who should quit.
Super +12 Ring -7 P6 Fix
Super +12 katana -7 P6 Fix
Super +12 katana -7 P6 Fix
Super +12 Armor -7 P6 Fix
Super +12 Boots -7 P6 Fix
Steed +12
Super +12 RidingCrop -1
Super +12 HeavenFan -1
Super +12 StarTower -1
Nobility rank : Queen
name : SideSwipE
alto_alin21 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2009, 19:55   #37
Dark101010

Dark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond reputeDark101010 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alto_alin21 View Post
Let me guess ... are you working for TQ ? Or you used a lot of dragon balls to make a character with toxic fog, and now you are afraid to lose something. You're the only one who should quit.
No, i havent bought even 1 db lol. But obviously u missed my point. THE GAME HAS BEEN RUINED A LONG TIME AGO, FOG IS NOTTHE ONLY THINGTHAT MESSES UP THE BALANCE; yet people continue to complain. This is not the only complaint thread i've seen. AND fyi, i bet most pro people have adapted to it and created a ninja of their own. Only the stubborn noobs don't know how to adapt.

BTW, EVER HEARD OF THE NAME DARWIN?? Well it pretty much applies to CO
Dark101010 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 03:56   #38
Kimmoooo

Kimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmoooo has a reputation beyond repute
I think fog is actually the first new feature I don't like. And it's not about me being jealous over fog users, I like to fb/ss. Using fog is like zapping, too boring. Killing somebody with fb/ss by skills alone is the best part of CO, that's the fun.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:11   #39
BerzerkBeaver
Warrior

BerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkBeaver has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to BerzerkBeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BerzerkBeaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin~Vegeta View Post
Please reference this thread:
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=628979

Clearly this thread proves the following to be true among popular consensus:

Toxic Fog:

-Does too much Damage
-Lasts too long
-Should be able to remove it (or perhaps prevent it)
-Is overall, overpowered

This demonstrates that we as a whole think toxic fog is overpowered and something needs to be done.

Also it can be noted that Poison star because of how long it lasts, the cost to apply it to a target makes it easy to constantly maintain on a target. Coupled with the fact that potions are by far the primary healing source in this game, this also is clearly overpowered.

On the other hand, so many people have invested time, money, and effort into characters, primarily because of fog/poison star.

Therefore we should not change how Toxic Fog or Poison Star operates.

In the effort of "balance" and "fairness" in order for this to be a good suggestion, each class must in its non-reborn state have an available skill at its disposal to either:

A: Prevent all effects - Toxic Fog, Poison Star, and regular Poison from hitting you while a particular skill is active

B: Remove all effects - Toxic Fog, Poison Star, and regular Poison once

I suggest the following modifications to the following skills:

Warrior - XP Shield - Can not be hit by Toxic Fog, Poison Star, Poison

Trojan - Spirit Healing - Self removes all negative effects including Toxic Fog, Poison Star, Poison

Archer - Fly/XP Fly - Can not be hit by Toxic Fog, Poison Star, Poison (except for poison arrows)

Taoists - Meditation - Self removes all negative effects including Toxic Fog, Poison Star, Poison

Water Taoist - Pray/XP Revive - Removes all negative effects including Toxic Fog, Poison Star, Poison from Target OTHER ally

Ninja - Fatal Strike - Can not be hit by Toxic Fog, Poison Star, Poison

Justifications:

XP Shield - The time cost for using XP skills balances out the 120 seconds of prevention. Perhaps Iron shirt could be included, after all it only lasts 20 seconds.

Fatal Strike - The time cost for using XP skills balances out the 30 seconds of prevention. I did not choose Shuriken Vortex because every ability/skill needs to have a counter. Toxic Fog is the obvious counter to Vortex.

XP Fly - The time cost for using XP skills balances out the 40 seconds of prevention. Ninjas were meant to have exclusive anti-archer capacities due to archer bane. A ninja can still archer bane an archer making it vulnerable.

Fly/Advanced Fly - A player generally must get out of combat in order to sucessfully generate 100 stamina in order to use this defensive skill which lasts 40/60 seconds. If a player successfully evades his enemies and is able to sit (rest), they should have the privilege of defense/prevention at their advantage. Furthermore it is almost impossible to gain stamina for this skill while in combat. After all it is the enemies fault for allowing them precious uninterrupted time to gain this precious stamina. Also, a ninja only needs to generate 50 stamina to use archer bane. Ninjas should have exclusive rights to countering archers. Toxic Fog Trojans for example, should not be able to fog a flying archer.

Spiritual Healing/Meditation - A player generally must get out of combat in order to successfully generate 100 stamina in order to use these skills. If a player manages to successfully evade his opponents and "rest," he should be able to "recover" from his ailments and self-remove them. These skills are balanced by the fact that they are almost impossible to gain stamina for while in combat.

XP Revive - The time cost for using XP skills as well as that it can only be cast on target OTHER ally balances its ability to remove all negative effects.

Pray - While there is no inherent time cost for this skill, it is equally balanced by the fact that it can only be cast on target OTHER ally and of course, costs 1,000 mana.

In this overall suggestion, EVERY class has been given either a preventative, or reactive mechanism. In this manner the argument that "this is not fair to the other classes" has already been rendered invalidated.

To gather your overall opinions, I have attached a poll to gather your opinions.

Note, I will combine Spiritual Healing and Meditation together as they mechanically operate identically (I can only post 11 items to vote for).

If you disagree with any of my justifications, I will ignore people who say "I disagree" but fail to provide a proper logical argument specifically addressing the exact reasoning I have used to justify myself. Furthermore, your logical arguments will be considered "weak" if they do not address the mathematics/mechanics that have been addressed.
I came Here for this very Subject Heres An Idea That I Have Made up maybe u Can Edit into Your Idea

i was think 3 things......

1) Toxic fog is an extremly overpowered Skill.....if u have 315 Potency it cast on everyone on the intire server no problem

2) The Duration HAS TO GO

3) The Ammount of Damge Dun HAS TO GO (its impossable to pot it off Ass the Damge increases if u pot it off

so every time Fog Hits me i Log

My Idea: Fog Keeps Mass Cast (hits multiple TARGETS aT Once) It Losses It DurationFrom 1 Min to 25 "Waves" of HP Lost to ONE Wave

Like Fixed Direct X

Take 50 Pct Of targets Damage

Current Project Becoming a good husband and trying to have kids

Zver
u better keep showing all those scruby ass trojans what a warrior is all about!

Achievements:

First 12+ Warrior Helmet,
First 12+ Warrior Armor,
First 12+ Longhammer,
First 12+ Shield,
First 12+ Heavy Ring
First Warrior To Win Extreme PkT of Bluebird
BerzerkBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40   #40
dayday

dayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond reputedayday has a reputation beyond repute
its a nice idea kinda reallistic thoug i think they should just change the toxic fog stats like when people poison eachother with a blade or the weapon skill for scepter also belance alot. they can upgrade the effect a little but then make it lost shorted and make people lost 2 pct 5 times or something poison allready stun for a moment think that should be enough.

thoug im behind your idea #10 since mine isnt that realistic
dayday is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20   #41
Majin~Vegeta
Banned

Majin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerzerkBeaver View Post
I came Here for this very Subject Heres An Idea That I Have Made up maybe u Can Edit into Your Idea

i was think 3 things......

1) Toxic fog is an extremly overpowered Skill.....if u have 315 Potency it cast on everyone on the intire server no problem

2) The Duration HAS TO GO

3) The Ammount of Damge Dun HAS TO GO (its impossable to pot it off Ass the Damge increases if u pot it off

so every time Fog Hits me i Log

My Idea: Fog Keeps Mass Cast (hits multiple TARGETS aT Once) It Losses It DurationFrom 1 Min to 25 "Waves" of HP Lost to ONE Wave

Like Fixed Direct X

Take 50 Pct Of targets Damage

I have to disagree with your "direct damage" part of the idea because the main intent for the skill was to be a "Damage-Over-Time" (DoT) type of skill.

The duration and damage need to be somewhat obnoxious in order for ninjas to actually use the skill.

For example if it was as weak as normal poison, nobody would use it, they would instead tfb.

I think the way it is is fine with the following condition:

Aside from battle power helping to increase your avoidance (chance to avoid being hit), there needs to be an alterior defensive attribute created or that already exists to:

1.) Reduce the damage

and optionally...

2.) Reduce the duration

It has been suggested before and I might make a part 2 for it, but Bless (Damage -%) and Tortoise gems should reduce toxic fog damage.

Here is an example of the damage calculation I would use:

Health = Current HP - Current HP * 50% * (100% - Bless% - Tortoise%)

Final Damage at minimum would be the same as traditional poison if damage reduction was great enough.

I think if removal/prevention skills were permitted then im not sure if reducing the duration would be fair or not.

Most people always use full sdgs or spgs so at most with full -7% bless you would be around 50% reduction which means if you had 15k hp...

Instead of 15,000->7,500->3,750->1,875->

with 50% reduction would be: 15,000->11,250->8437.5->6328.125->4746.094

Fog still does decent damage pressure but is now fair as you can see...

Last edited by Majin~Vegeta; 06-25-2009 at 10:08.
Majin~Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 11:21   #42
BerzerkPanda
Shinobi Panda

BerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond reputeBerzerkPanda has a reputation beyond repute
None of the options suit what I want to vote on.

Fog should be reflex-able.

All skills can be reflected except fog.

BerzerkHamster - "Those who say, 'it cannot be done!' are those who had failed!"

Praise the Lord! A video of ImperialSoldier led by Berzerk!

List of Gears for Sale - Click here to View

Quit Thread - Berzerks Quit CO

Live Panda Cam 1
Live Panda Cam 2

Quote:
Originally posted by soldjahboy
noob Noob n00b noober? n00bely noobin noob bonn noobs.... N00B!! noob noob nobblor, noobed noob noobin.

Im so insulted.... noob is just, the....worst...thing....to be called...ever
BerzerkPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 11:27   #43
hallarrows?
Banned

hallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond reputehallarrows? has a reputation beyond repute
Havent read cba

as we all know TF is not a "Cast & Hit" spell but in fact it has a CHANCE to hit depending on the BP difference between you and your opponent(s)

example 260 BP u have a 100pct chance for Fog to psn the target if the BP is lower than yours

if the targets BP is higher than yours then u have a chance to miss

so it is balanced out equally throughout the game

for those who have more BP Fog will always hit the target
for those who have lower BP and try to fog someone with more
Chance it will miss the target

this is the way it is and will be
hallarrows? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08   #44
Justbecareful

Justbecareful is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallarrows? View Post
Havent read cba

as we all know TF is not a "Cast & Hit" spell but in fact it has a CHANCE to hit depending on the BP difference between you and your opponent(s)

example 260 BP u have a 100pct chance for Fog to psn the target if the BP is lower than yours

if the targets BP is higher than yours then u have a chance to miss

so it is balanced out equally throughout the game

for those who have more BP Fog will always hit the target
for those who have lower BP and try to fog someone with more
Chance it will miss the target

this is the way it is and will be
Agree.
I believe those who want to change TF feature r those who already
had good high lvl char but without TF,

OR those who has low BP (for scaring of TF),

OR those r sucks at TF (Then u r really suck in CO)
Old 06-25-2009, 12:18   #45
Majin~Vegeta
Banned

Majin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerzerkPanda View Post
None of the options suit what I want to vote on.

Fog should be reflex-able.

All skills can be reflected except fog.
Make a proper thread for it, however i would disagree that reflect should work on instant damage, not DoT

Watch a poison blade trigger, even if the target reflects the instant damage, they still are poisoned.
Majin~Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: