Old 08-07-2014, 00:37   #31
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centora View Post
I'm sure most here know what a ddos is, but for the noobs...

Basically, what happens is the attacker records a login packet request to the login server. The server must now process that request by checking the database if first the username exists and than the password. The username nor the password has to be correct, but the server will still check the database for the information sent. However, this attacker isn't sending 1 request at a time, but millions of requests from multiple sources. So instead of the server processing "real" login requests, it processes real and fake requests. When 99% of the requests are fake, legit players never login, thus causing the delay (otherwise known as lag). In this particular example, it would only shutdown the login server, but same process for the actual game server... it could be as simple as checking nobility... simple enough, but 10 million requests a second is a problem.
Hello noob. It is not possible to ddos a gameserver like you described. 2nd the login server ddos that you describe could be easily blocked with a decent hardware firewall.

I dont feel like replying to the remaining bs in this thread, because then i would i have to write a textwall.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 01:21   #32
Ichigo69
Moe

Ichigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzbli12345 View Post
its been 3 days with constant dc and lag spikes TQ atleast let us know why? its happenin or even use your bloody service status twitter im done with this stop keeping us in the dark and actually let us know.
there we have it folks, this man is done
Ichigo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 06:24   #33
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Hello noob. It is not possible to ddos a gameserver like you described. 2nd the login server ddos that you describe could be easily blocked with a decent hardware firewall.

I dont feel like replying to the remaining bs in this thread, because then i would i have to write a textwall.
In fact it already does this even. That's why you get a please login later message if you try to login right after failing to once.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 08:30   #34
Centora

Centora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
In fact it already does this even. That's why you get a please login later message if you try to login right after failing to once.
Assuming you use the client itself... Cloning a duplicate login request packet wouldn't even require the client to be loaded. You guys can call my logic "noob", but we're talking about a game that still uses 800x600 and 1024x768 as its main resolution. Real talk

Classic ~ Liberty || Kratos~

Vote: Change item composition to steed composition.
Centora is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 11:29   #35
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is just software. The server still handles the packet...
The sole fact that their servers are ddos-able proves that they dont have a decent firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centora View Post
Assuming you use the client itself... Cloning a duplicate login request packet wouldn't even require the client to be loaded. You guys can call my logic "noob", but we're talking about a game that still uses 800x600 and 1024x768 as its main resolution. Real talk
lol noob. Centora:"It is an ancient game I am allowed to claim bs"
Computer Scientist
Old 08-07-2014, 11:39   #36
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
You can't stop a ddos attack with a firewall.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 11:49   #37
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
You can't stop a ddos attack with a firewall.
No? Thats cute. Well if you think HOW a ddos affects a server then you might realize HOW a hardware firewall can stop a ddos.
Computer Scientist
Old 08-07-2014, 12:16   #38
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a techy so I'm just asking info, don't shoot me! Just wondering, didn't all the bigger games & companies have to deal with Ddos attacks, even blizzard pretty recently? I'd think blizzard would know how to protect themselves with a firewall, with all dat money they got.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 12:18   #39
Deathclaw
Soon™

Blizzard doesnt have to deal with script kiddies like TQ.
Computer Scientist
Old 08-08-2014, 01:51   #40
Karyn
iR Lysa

Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienGod View Post
wait what.....

Why would any professional hacker play Co o.O

Also small hint to TQ, people are using quantum booter to ddos the servers & ddos people
Not too hard, not really hacking...

Plus you can pay someone to take down a website much cheaper than you can buy full +12.

TQ typically get cease and disist letters and stuff sent out to these people.. some of the old proxy makers had FBI warnings too.. but Egypt barely has a government let along a police force that gives two ****s about TQ's needs. So yeah.. give in or go home.. or spend the time and money to protect against and return the fire.. but TQ is lazy and generating DBs which cost them nothing at all to do is a quick fix.

Also I bet by morning this post will have been deleted because thats the way everything goes in China and I can't even say anything on these forums anymore without being censored to **** by mods who wont even reply to comments about simple bugs needing to be fixed.
Server = Colombus / Faith
Crystal player for 10 years.
--------------------------
<3 Katrina, one of my bestest friends in the world =D
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

Cyber bullying needs to stop. Now.
RIP sweet Rachel <3
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2014, 01:54   #41
Karyn
iR Lysa

Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
No? Thats cute. Well if you think HOW a ddos affects a server then you might realize HOW a hardware firewall can stop a ddos.
You may correct me if I'm wrong.. but dont hardware firewalls have the same issue as any server?... soon as that firewall is overwhelmed it wont work anymore and traffic stops.
Server = Colombus / Faith
Crystal player for 10 years.
--------------------------
<3 Katrina, one of my bestest friends in the world =D
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

Cyber bullying needs to stop. Now.
RIP sweet Rachel <3
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2014, 12:17   #42
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
You may correct me if I'm wrong.. but dont hardware firewalls have the same issue as any server?... soon as that firewall is overwhelmed it wont work anymore and traffic stops.
Did i state that it would stop every DDOS? A firewall is more than enough to stop the scriptkiddies that would target TQ's servers.
Computer Scientist
Old 08-08-2014, 16:18   #43
MarketMaker
Privy User

MarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud ofMarketMaker has much to be proud of
All DDOS, scripkiddies, attacks, whatever started when TQ launched a conquer- conquista-conquete game APEX, and will miraculously stop after APEX is over.

Or am i the only one thinking TQ servers cant even handle their OWN events?

SKILLFULLY FUN. INCREDIBLY SIMPLE.
Sharp140 pir
ELVIS140 arc
C4M1NU5140 fire
1923138 monk
Yerushalayim134 wat
LongLee134 dw

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Shakespeare View Post
My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy.
Mirror mirror on the wall..
Who's the noblest of them all?
Would it be the poorest King, or the richest serf?
MarketMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2014, 22:24   #44
Centora

Centora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketMaker View Post
All DDOS, scripkiddies, attacks, whatever started when TQ launched a conquer- conquista-conquete game APEX, and will miraculously stop after APEX is over.

Or am i the only one thinking TQ servers cant even handle their OWN events?

SKILLFULLY FUN. INCREDIBLY SIMPLE.
Hehe you must not have been around during Christmas 2009. They held their usual Christmas events which offered "xmas coins" doing the quests daily for the 12 days of Christmas. Prizes were lame as usual and you needed to do all the quests every day all 12 days to be able to claim a STG.

Anyways of the prizes was a lottery ticket to play the lotto one time for 300 coins. The typical player would take 3ish days to earn that many coins. Someone found a glitch/hack that allowed you to earn endless amounts of coins per day. It took the regular player about 10 seconds to gain 3 xmas coins. Have a player use a teleport proxy on 10 characters.... 10 seconds gained 300 coins. Run that script for 4hrs.. not only dose it blog down the server, but someone is able to do like 5,000 lottos. When that player logged in, they would do lotto and drop everything but +8's and 2-socs. So imagine half the server looting 1-socs, exemption tokens, +6 stones, etc. Obviously TQ gave a majority of the servers a rollback after that one.

Anyone remember Mystic Merchant?

Classic ~ Liberty || Kratos~

Vote: Change item composition to steed composition.
Centora is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2014, 05:52   #45
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
could it be tq working on cs and ninja test server all along?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: