Old 08-06-2014, 12:33   #16
IamCesiang
Ceecee

IamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
as i said the guy who did it last year appeared with full +12

you tell me

Shiko1337
damn its gonna be a repeat business then if tq gve him the demand he wanted. if he did it last time, and he is responsible for ddos attack now, i wondered whats his demand after having full +12, maybe he wanted to be a king
whatever it is, like all other players, i hope tq will solve this problem permanently not just temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
Who cares I look fabulous.

Classic: Prosperity-Liberty; Volcano; Thunder; Venus; Phoenix; Eternity ; BABYICEY
IamCesiang is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 12:51   #17
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCesiang View Post
ddos attack as what they called it, professional hackers hacked the game for certain reasons maybe. so, my question is, if you are one of the boss of tq, would you compromise the hackers-like giving their demands?.
rofl. "Professional" hacker. Scriptkiddies ddos.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 13:12   #18
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCesiang View Post
damn its gonna be a repeat business then if tq gve him the demand he wanted. if he did it last time, and he is responsible for ddos attack now, i wondered whats his demand after having full +12, maybe he wanted to be a king
whatever it is, like all other players, i hope tq will solve this problem permanently not just temporary.
You're slightly behind the times... he is a king now.

Last edited by Promethean; 08-06-2014 at 13:35. Reason: **** it, I'm tired.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 13:27   #19
IamCesiang
Ceecee

IamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond reputeIamCesiang has a reputation beyond repute
oh damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Your slightly behind the times... he is a king now.
i feel so outdated lol!.. i jus heard his name but didnt care to check him.. hmm maybe he is asking for full score in jhiang and chi.. oh damn! we cant do nothing about it but just to complain n hope that one day it will be better.. in fairness to tq, im sure they are doing their best, but their best is not be enough to stop the attackers. all i want is an official information from them on whats the real situation, how serious it is, and until when they gonna solve it. atm, a lot of us losing patience, and uninterested to log in games.

Quote:
Who cares I look fabulous.

Classic: Prosperity-Liberty; Volcano; Thunder; Venus; Phoenix; Eternity ; BABYICEY
IamCesiang is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 16:58   #20
squidgemelent

squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
as i said the guy who did it last year appeared with full +12

you tell me

Shiko1337
actually thinking that this happens in 2014.

have a wild stab at how tq would fix the situation
- do nothing and hope the ddoser gets bored
- pay $50 to have a programmer fix the problem
- give away potential thousands for a non guaranteed fix/word of a single person

yes im aware the last option is so tempting for anyone, but think a little harder.

botting is a lot more profitable than how it looked in game. more profitable than a single +12 king account. most botters were filos or egyptians who would sell their earnings for real life money instead of hoarding it all. shiko could have botted himself full +12 in a couple of months if he tried
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 21:41   #21
Centora

Centora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure most here know what a ddos is, but for the noobs...

Basically, what happens is the attacker records a login packet request to the login server. The server must now process that request by checking the database if first the username exists and than the password. The username nor the password has to be correct, but the server will still check the database for the information sent. However, this attacker isn't sending 1 request at a time, but millions of requests from multiple sources. So instead of the server processing "real" login requests, it processes real and fake requests. When 99% of the requests are fake, legit players never login, thus causing the delay (otherwise known as lag). In this particular example, it would only shutdown the login server, but same process for the actual game server... it could be as simple as checking nobility... simple enough, but 10 million requests a second is a problem.

As for TQ paying someone $50 to fix the issue... impossible. Firstly, this isn't a "script" issue. You can have the most complex and sophisticated script ever created, but if the packets are not secure... all one would need is a packet program to record that packet and send it a million times. To actually fix this issue, TQ would need two or more identical servers in RAID mode running back to back. So lets say server "twofold" is server 1. Server 2 and server 3 are identical to server 1, and update continually without interruption. Server 1 gets ddos'ed, no problem, server 1 restarts, and server 2 is now the active server. Once server 1 is rebooted, it clones the information from 2 and 3, but server 2 still remains the active server, because in order to switch the active server, all players are dc'ed.

I could go into much more detail, but in lame-mans terms... TQ is not going to go out and buy a bunch of servers to prevent a ddos. Why do you think sites like G0ogle, eB@y, etc are never down? They have so many backup servers that I think it would take half of the pc's in the US to effectively cripple them. They pay billions of dollars on hardware and have staff monitoring traffic. TQ is a multi-million dollar company, but they are not going to spend 3 years of revenue to correctly address this issue. They would rather just pay 1 million virtual cps that cost them nothing, than pay $50 in real cash. Just saying

Classic ~ Liberty || Kratos~

Vote: Change item composition to steed composition.
Centora is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 23:20   #22
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centora View Post

Basically, what happens is the attacker records a login packet request to the login server. The server must now process that request by checking the database if first the username exists and than the password. The username nor the password has to be correct, but the server will still check the database for the information sent. However, this attacker isn't sending 1 request at a time, but millions of requests from multiple sources. So instead of the server processing "real" login requests, it processes real and fake requests. When 99% of the requests are fake, legit players never login, thus causing the delay (otherwise known as lag). In this particular example, it would only shutdown the login server, but same process for the actual game server... it could be as simple as checking nobility... simple enough, but 10 million requests a second is a problem.

As for TQ paying someone $50 to fix the issue... impossible. Firstly, this isn't a "script" issue. You can have the most complex and sophisticated script ever created, but if the packets are not secure... all one would need is a packet program to record that packet and send it a million times. To actually fix this issue, TQ would need two or more identical servers in RAID mode running back to back. So lets say server "twofold" is server 1. Server 2 and server 3 are identical to server 1, and update continually without interruption. Server 1 gets ddos'ed, no problem, server 1 restarts, and server 2 is now the active server. Once server 1 is rebooted, it clones the information from 2 and 3, but server 2 still remains the active server, because in order to switch the active server, all players are dc'ed.

I could go into much more detail, but in lame-mans terms... TQ is not going to go out and buy a bunch of servers to prevent a ddos. Why do you think sites like G0ogle, eB@y, etc are never down? They have so many backup servers that I think it would take half of the pc's in the US to effectively cripple them. They pay billions of dollars on hardware and have staff monitoring traffic. TQ is a multi-million dollar company, but they are not going to spend 3 years of revenue to correctly address this issue. They would rather just pay 1 million virtual cps that cost them nothing, than pay $50 in real cash. Just saying
$5 says DC manages to find a fault in your description above and then tries to make you feel like a retard because he is a superior Jew-hating computer scientist Nazi.

Last edited by Promethean; 08-06-2014 at 23:51.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 23:24   #23
I.punch.bishes
Bishes :D

I.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
$5 says DC manages to find a fault in your description above and then tries to make you feel like a retarded because he is a superior Jew-hating computer scientist Nazi.
Don't even bother lol ... don't even

AHorriblePlayer

Aim not to miss
I.punch.bishes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 23:25   #24
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I think if it was such a primitive ddos, it wouldn't be causing a problem.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 23:45   #25
Centora

Centora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think if it was such a primitive ddos, it wouldn't be causing a problem.
There isn't anything primitive about it. All a ddos is the server getting overloaded with requests. There is no sure-fire way to prevent it from happening. When you login, you send a packet to the server to allow you access to the server to play the game. This attackers bot is also sending the same innocent packet to the game server, just 1 million of them. So you say, block their IP address?? They could come up with a way to detect a ddos attack and block the IP, but if the attacker is "pro" than their IP changes every couple of minutes.

Even if they thought of the idea to limit the login server to 100 requests per second to assure the server isn't flooded with fake requests... 2 out of that 100 is real players requests. So the attacker would still win in this case. A ddos doesn't necessarily mean the server gets flooded with a million requests. Like in this example, it simply denies players access to the services, which in this case is access to the game server.

Old 08-06-2014, 23:55   #26
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
There isn't anything primitive about it. All a ddos is the server getting overloaded with requests. There is no sure-fire way to prevent it from happening. When you login, you send a packet to the server to allow you access to the server to play the game. This attackers bot is also sending the same innocent packet to the game server, just 1 million of them. So you say, block their IP address?? They could come up with a way to detect a ddos attack and block the IP, but if the attacker is "pro" than their IP changes every couple of minutes.

Even if they thought of the idea to limit the login server to 100 requests per second to assure the server isn't flooded with fake requests... 2 out of that 100 is real players requests. So the attacker would still win in this case. A ddos doesn't necessarily mean the server gets flooded with a million requests. Like in this example, it simply denies players access to the services, which in this case is access to the game server.
That is extremely primitive. May as well just spam them with pings if you're going to do that.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 23:56   #27
Promethean

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.punch.bishes View Post
Don't even bother lol ... don't even
I'm always torn about DC. Part of me thinks he's an evil computer scientist eugenicist who lives in a volcano. The other part of me thinks he's a jumped-up IT graduate and if I pick up my phone at work and dial x3400 I might get a slightly sinister but thoroughly depressed DC tell me how to fix tables in Word (inb4 use Excel).
Old 08-07-2014, 00:02   #28
pashtun
FinalBoss

pashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This does sound familiar. I think during the previous attacks, it would take like 10 full minutes before u could login, but once u were logged there was no problem. Still, servers were half empty cuz of the hassle of loggin in....
pashtun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014, 00:03   #29
Centora

Quote:
That is extremely primitive. May as well just spam them with pings if you're going to do that.
Go for it Just hope they didn't disable echo ^^

Old 08-07-2014, 00:12   #30
Centora

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashtun View Post
This does sound familiar. I think during the previous attacks, it would take like 10 full minutes before u could login, but once u were logged there was no problem. Still, servers were half empty cuz of the hassle of loggin in....
Mind you, this is simply illustrative example of how a ddos would work towards the login server. Actual everyday game play on the server to become ddos would be a database extensive command (such as continual requests to open market stall 104... or some other request that isn't stored in your memory that isn't always variable.).

It's just the same concept of new servers. Everyone is trying to login the few couple of weeks to the point the server is over-populated. The players themselves "ddos" the server with the continual login requests. Even when you try to login and it throws back "the server is busy, etc"... it might not have actually performed a database request, but the server itself still had to respond saying the server is busy.

The way packets work is just like the US mail. *Every letter MUST be handled. If the letter has no sending address, it gets sent to a lost pile. If there is no stamp it gets sent to..... yada yada yada. Same example

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: