View Poll Results: Remove zap for Non-Taos?
Yes, I want a chance against high BP players. 42 76.36%
No, I love getting poison zapped, Its so skillful. 13 23.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2010, 13:16   #1
Darshy
Bipity Boo

Darshy is on a distinguished road
Remove Non-Tao Zap. - Biased Poll

Now before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'am not an upset tao, Iam currently a Pure ninja and i have always played as a Tro/Nin for the last 6/7 years, I also have a poison blade so i understand that people will miss poison zaps BUT, we are not taoists, we are supposed to use our weapons and get skilled at using them, we should not rely on a poison zap to get a kill, my point being:

A skilled FB/SS player with low BP has the chance to kill a high BP player with less FB/SS skill, however if the high BP player poison zaps the low BP player it removes any chance whatsoever, getting rid of the poison zap will mean that FB/SS skill actually means something again.
130>130>132 Pure Ninja

You make me wanna be sick all over my face.
I think spiders were drinking from my eyes and being sick in my mouth.

Because the masses need to hear what brian badonde has to say
Darshy is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2010, 10:04   #2
bloodwyne

bloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond reputebloodwyne has a reputation beyond repute
It would be similar to a war-tro no longer being able to equip shields, but TQ would have to adjust the RB skills slightly.
Old 05-17-2010, 15:27   #3
Darshy
Bipity Boo

The 1 person who voted no, told me the reason for this is because if they remove Non-Tao zap then they should remove fires because they require no skill aswell, i disagree, im not a big fan of taos i find them boring BUT altho they are kind of OP atm they dont 1 hit zap people with less BP than themselves unless there is a major difference, however a trojan with +10 bp on me, i ss him for 2k and he fb's me for 15k and i can outskill him however he realises im better at SS and wins with a zap, this should not be allowed.
130>130>132 Pure Ninja

Old 05-22-2010, 06:16   #4
Darshy
Bipity Boo

New min DMG is a step in the right direction but we need rid of Non-Tao Zap to stop the bulkers from raping us with no skill whatsoever, make them HAVE to use fb/ss/melee/etc like theyre sposed to.
130>130>132 Pure Ninja

Old 05-22-2010, 07:25   #5
crazyj6101987

crazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond reputecrazyj6101987 has a reputation beyond repute
Signed

However the poll is a bit biased,i say yes to removing it its been a bug for a long time and needs to be fixed melee classes are just that melee classes not zap/melee classes.
crazyj6101987 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2010, 16:42   #6
DonaldJr

DonaldJr is on a distinguished road
so what u really want is for tq to take away a style of play so every other person has to play as u do even if psn zap is nooby they shouldnt be forced to create a new char or learn a new style becoz ur too cheap or not willing to do anything to improve urself to be able to pvp on a lvl where u can actually do enough to get a kill
DonaldJr is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2010, 20:52   #7
-gemini-
nublet? ♥

-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute
The real problem isn't non-taos zapping isn't it? It's the fact they (non taos or taos without a backsword) do absurd amounts of damage even though their build isn't meant to do magic damage.

There are some advantages to zapping such as stunning and allowing tros/nins/wars to attack flying archers.

Moreover, I can easily see that if zapping is no longer allowed, many non-skilled nin/war/tros with a lot of BP (aka good/bulked gear, the ones who do absurd amounts of magic damage) will turn to aimbot to kill others. Sure, dying to a zapping trojan sucks, but is dying to an aimbotting trojan better?

I've voted yes, but I don't think this suggestion will go far.

To DonaldJr: It seems to me that the thread posted had said losing poison zap is an unfortunate side effect, but his real problem with zapping non-taos is that non-tao characters are not meant to be zapping. If your playing style favors zapping, then become a taoist. If after going through the process of training up to second reborn you haven't figured by then you dislike melee and enjoy zapping, I don't think you put enough effort in the game/character to justify it being a massive hassle to make a new character.

----
As a clarification, Darshy, are you suggesting getting rid of poison zap or getting rid of zapping for non-tao characters?
-gemini- is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2010, 22:21   #8
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -gemini- View Post
The real problem isn't non-taos zapping isn't it? It's the fact they (non taos or taos without a backsword) do absurd amounts of damage even though their build isn't meant to do magic damage.

There are some advantages to zapping such as stunning and allowing tros/nins/wars to attack flying archers.

Moreover, I can easily see that if zapping is no longer allowed, many non-skilled nin/war/tros with a lot of BP (aka good/bulked gear, the ones who do absurd amounts of magic damage) will turn to aimbot to kill others. Sure, dying to a zapping trojan sucks, but is dying to an aimbotting trojan better?

To DonaldJr: It seems to me that the thread posted had said losing poison zap is an unfortunate side effect, but his real problem with zapping non-taos is that non-tao characters are not meant to be zapping. If your playing style favors zapping, then become a taoist. If after going through the process of training up to second reborn you haven't figured by then you dislike melee and enjoy zapping, I don't think you put enough effort in the game/character to justify it being a massive hassle to make a new character.

----
As a clarification, Darshy, are you suggesting getting rid of poison zap or getting rid of zapping for non-tao characters?
this is not the problem. removeing p-zap is a much better answer.
zap has many uses even if it only hits 1 on someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMind View Post
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
IluminatI is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2010, 13:24   #9
DonaldJr

DonaldJr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by -gemini- View Post

----
Taos arent suppose to have more hp than trojans and they arent suppose to be able to use melee weps its a feature just like thunder on non tao chars And getting hit by high damage from non fire/water chars comes from a low quality tower nothing more since that is the case if u dont like it go to classic ull get hit 1s all day. 2nd rb 137 ninja i get called aber daily but i also have psn zap to get rid of the **** noobs who arent worthy of being ssed by me and u dont kill 366 bp ninjas with 20k hp with psn zap alone (killing stamina + doing damage = sexyness) http://i45.tinypic.com/v83brs.jpg

Last edited by DonaldJr; 05-23-2010 at 13:27.
DonaldJr is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2010, 14:00   #10
Snyder
AfroSamrai

Snyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond repute
Definatly supported. Only noobs will vote no on this.

Vote for historically correct skin tone options: PRESS HERE

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Isaac Newton

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Sun-tzu

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" Dante 's The Inferno

"Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity" Mud and blood 2

Characters:
Snyder|187| lvl 132 2nd reborn trojan
FalleN lvl 132 2nd reborn archer
Peligroso|187|lvl 131 2nd reborn trojan
Snyder is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2010, 14:21   #11
Neko.chan
Assassin

Neko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond repute
To the thread creator.

If you have played as long as you claim, you would know TQ's already official stance on the poison zap issue.

It was acknowledged as a bug in 2003/2004.

They were unable to fix it.

In 2005 or 2006, it was labeled as a feature.

/end
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstar View Post
lolol if i ever meet u in the street ima just be like add man ok or no, and pull out a notebook so i can write your name in it.
Neko.chan is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2010, 05:38   #12
vallier187
Quit

vallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond repute
im sorry but as a trojan, how can i attack flying archers without zap? :/
vallier187 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2010, 14:55   #13
Snyder
AfroSamrai

Snyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallier187 View Post
im sorry but as a trojan, how can i attack flying archers without zap? :/
Your kidding right? A trojan not knowing how to fight an archer? Uhm take your distance or if youcan pot the damage wait till he loses flight. The rest should be easy to figure out.

This zap on all characters thing has gotten out of hand so much so that archers should be the ones whining.

Vote for historically correct skin tone options: PRESS HERE

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Isaac Newton

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Sun-tzu

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" Dante 's The Inferno

"Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity" Mud and blood 2

Characters:
Snyder|187| lvl 132 2nd reborn trojan
FalleN lvl 132 2nd reborn archer
Peligroso|187|lvl 131 2nd reborn trojan
Snyder is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2010, 05:37   #14
letalis
Marshal

letalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond reputeletalis has a reputation beyond repute
I kinda agree that zap on all chars seems bit improper.
@Neko.chan - it's not about feature or bug. it's about removing thunder from malee classes no matter their prev rb stance.
letalis is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2010, 08:14   #15
Clenk~V.12
Banned

Clenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko.chan View Post
To the thread creator.

If you have played as long as you claim, you would know TQ's already official stance on the poison zap issue.

It was acknowledged as a bug in 2003/2004.

They were unable to fix it.

In 2005 or 2006, it was labeled as a feature.

/end
Now a glitch.
Clenk~V.12 is offline   Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: