Old 01-25-2008, 16:45   #46
dnwell

dnwell is an unknown quantity at this point
no offense to anyone, but what we need is others to post there system info like i did above. idea's are not working, at this point we need systems that are not working info, unless you know what the fix is. i know some just want to help but its not helping anymore.

need more info on the sound cards of those that are not working.

Last edited by dnwell; 01-25-2008 at 17:11.
Old 01-25-2008, 18:13   #47
FudgeOwns2234V2
░☺▓☻▓☺░

FudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond reputeFudgeOwns2234V2 has a reputation beyond repute
autopatch

is there anyway to skip autopatching and just play the game??
Old 01-25-2008, 18:46   #48
Wootabulous

Wootabulous is on a distinguished road
well, still cant get to the log in screen, its been this way all day, no answers yet from tq?
Old 01-25-2008, 18:47   #49
sbrwln
Noop

sbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sbrwln Send a message via Yahoo to sbrwln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootabulous View Post
well, still cant get to the log in screen, its been this way all day, no answers yet from tq?
It will take some time to get answers. Some people have been having this problem for longer than a day.

The Guide Videos

www.WatchTheGuild.com
Old 01-25-2008, 19:02   #50
dnwell

you know i hear people complain about this problem. but know one will do whats needed, you guys are reading the info?

They need system information to help with this issue now, people please post your info. if need help doing so let me or someone know.
Old 01-25-2008, 20:27   #51
Wootabulous

ati radeon video card
windows 2k pro

listen, ive just reinstalled for the heck of it once again, from 5003 i think it is, and then the rest are patches

virus app turned off and such

when i initially open that co folder, initial install of 5003 that installs the client, window opens up for the screen to go to the auto patch server apparantly, that screen stays there forever and finally resulting in the retry manual bypass note, if i press retry it does the same thing over and over, if i try bypass the app closes out

now, when i go into my co folder and let winrar open the new patch, winrar loads the info, i get to the initial opening for co, yet with the same unable to connect to auto patch server, same as i mentioned above

as i open each patch with winrar, the same thing happens, hangs at the auto patch server thing , retry manual bypass screen

so each patch does that, winrar opens it, dl's it or whatever we wish to call it, and automatically launches co but does not get to the auto patch server or log in

once 5009 is opened using winrar, nothing happens, it opens the files so it shows , but nothing else happens, it does not automatically try to load the game at all, , so once that 5009 is installed, i go to the short cut on the desktop for the game, click it, the intitial window opens and closes within a second if that long, it just closes, no try for auto patch, no try at anything, it just opens for a sec if that long, and closes right back out

all patches up until 5009 at least try to get to the auto patch server, 5009 does not even do that much

ive been playing the game for a few yrs, all these troubles have started happening around the Chrismas event, as most here already said, and the issues have gotten worse, much much worse, there were issues mentioned back then, nothing got fixed, other changes and add ons have been implemented, yet the bugs have not gotten fixed, only worse, so maybe we need to stop implementing new things, and place some emphasis on fixing the existing troubles that most all of us have in the game for once

my system was fine, it is now not fine, all used to run np, now the app doesnt

something involved in the new patches has messed things up for a bunch of us

what else do you need about system specks from me
i run dx9c, is that ok?

maybe something got fixed for vista, using dx10, is that causing an issue for those of us not using dx10 and vista? something to take a look at maybe eh?
Old 01-25-2008, 20:45   #52
dnwell

what kind of sound card do you have?

maybe something got fixed for vista, using dx10, is that causing an issue for those of us not using dx10 and vista? something to take a look at maybe eh?

No, its not an issue with Direct X my main computer is running windows 2k.
and the game is working fine without direct X 10. this is what i do know, its not a video card problem, if you read thru the posts you will see why. its also not a system driver that we can tell. the only unknown factor that we dont know yet is sound cards. although sound card are used mainly for playing sound on your speakers, they can also cause game play issues, alot of times they are resolved by turning down the hardware accelerater.

Last edited by dnwell; 01-25-2008 at 21:04.
Old 01-25-2008, 20:57   #53
Wootabulous

turtle beach santa cruz, working now, changed pci slots , had two extra slots so moved it today, and all is well, thankfully

all other applications and games run fine, no troubles, only with co is there a problem

also i took some time today and cleaned out the pc's insides, made sure all was well and seated correctly, fan / heatsink and such cleaned

still no go with co
Old 01-25-2008, 21:20   #54
dnwell

Tell you what, It would be really nice if a GM would take the time to even post on this issue
Old 01-25-2008, 22:29   #55
dnwell

Wootabulous what model number is your ATI Radeon video card do you have?
Old 01-25-2008, 23:01   #56
Wootabulous

I started using an ati radeon 9000pro once my 9800pro's fan died off on me about a month and half ago I think it was, maybe two months ago. No fan, overheated, and dc'd me within about 10 to 15 seconds after logging into any game. Put in the old 9000pro and was just fine. New drivers for that though. All was well until I decided to reinstall CO last night to see if would fix the invisble items/char getting stuck and such. Since the new install, no go.

I just took a little time, redownloaded the program from the last link/number 8 selection location, the dl was pretty fast and left me being a bit more hopefull of maybe getting a clean download this time. It dl'd Conquer_v5009_10. Well, I installed it and still no go. Once I click on standard definition the app stops running as always

I guess I am out of things to do for now until TQ comes up with some solution, sadly.
Old 01-25-2008, 23:17   #57
dnwell

i dont know about you but it seems there could be 1 of 2 issues. its either effecting limited ATI model video cards. on my main is running the ATI Radeon 9550. and its working fine. or possible sound cards. it is possible for multiple sound cards to be effected. but this is still just guessing. we really need others to post what there running and if theres is working or not.
Old 01-25-2008, 23:31   #58
Wootabulous

I hear ya dnwell, yet I had no issues until I reinstalled the game. So it doesn't make sense to me at this time.

If tq comes back and says to us we need a certain version of drivers for our cards we won't know for sure I guess. Surely the 9000pro drivers are of an older version, yet as I said, the application/program/co ran prior to the reinstallation of the game.

Guess we are going to have to wait this one out. Hopefully we don't have to write off our time and money spent on this game and find another to throw our lives away in lol.

I've a 130 130 130 tro tro tro
130 130 fire
120 130 tro archer
many others also lol, not as good, but many others for some other type fun play in the game , unknowns lol

btw my 9000pro gave me better results running benchmarks than the 9600 series cards, so when i decided to upgrade my vid card i went with the latest greatest at the time which was the 9800pro, i ran benchmarks on all these, 9000 9500 9600 and 9800 cards, keeping in mind the 9000 pro did better than the 9500 or 9600 until i ran the 9800pro which gave 8 pipelines and faster agp timings, better ram more ram support , those sorts of things, but now it's been so so long ago, i dont even remember all the features of the 9800pro for certain anymore lol, dang fan stopped working, no more cooling, guess i should replace the fan

Last edited by Wootabulous; 01-25-2008 at 23:37.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:16   #59
sbrwln
Noop

sbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sbrwln Send a message via Yahoo to sbrwln
For comparison, here is what CO states is needed to run CO.

Basic System Requirement
O/S: Windows 95/98/2000/XP
CPU: P3-800 MHz or higher CPU
Memory: 128MB or more
Video Card: 16MB, DirectX3D,TNT2M64
Sound Card: DirectSound or 100% compatible
Hard Disk: 2.0GB or more
Connection: Modem 56K or better

Recommended System
O/S: Windows 98/2000/XP
CPU: P4-1.5Ghz or above
Memory: 256MB or more
Video Card: 64MB, GeForce2 or above
Sound Card: DirectX 9 or compatible
Hard Disk: 4.0GB or more
Connection: ADSL or Cable modem

The Guide Videos

www.WatchTheGuild.com
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03   #60
Wootabulous

Mainboard : Asus A7V8X
Chipset : VIA KT400 (VT8377)

Processor : AMD Athlon XP-M
Frequency : 2000 MHz - (current : 2505.76 MHz)
Physical Memory : 512 MB

Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 9000 Series (RV250)
General Information :
Manufacturer : ATI Technologies Inc
Model : RADEON 9000 SERIES
Bus Type : AGP
Total Memory : 128 MB
Texture Memory : 124 MB
Processor : RADEON 9000 PRO AGP (0x4966)
Converter : Internal DAC(400MHz)
Refresh Rate (min/max) : 56/100 Hz

GPU Information :
Number of GPU : 1
Codename : RV250
Bus : 128-bit
Memory Type : DDR
GPU Frequency : 274.5 MHz - [initial : 275 MHz]
Memory Frequency GPU : 274.5 MHz - [initial : 275 MHz]
DirectX Support : 8.1
Pixel Shader Version : 1.4

Hard Disk : ST340016A (40 GB)
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
DirectX : Version 9.0c

The above system ran Conquer until I deleted it and reinstalled it.

All I notice is that the video card says dx8.1 support yet I use dx9.0c.
Would that all of a sudden cause CO to get to the screen asking to choose standard or high resolution, then when pressing on the standard resolution button to just completely shutdown CO?

Keep in mind, CO ran until I reinstalled the game.

I still run all other applications I've used before and also games I've used before, only CO does not run.

I've defragged, checked windows update, all those things. Ran some reg cleaners and such also to see if anything is whacked out there since deleting and reinstalling CO. Nothing noticeable that I am aware of. Checked drivers and such. Don't figure. Uninstall the game, reinstall the game, now it does not work.

dnwell, go get PC Wizard 2008 from an online source, it is free. Run it to see the differences of your two pc's. The one that does run CO and the one that does not run CO now. Lets see what your specs are. You can copy and paste info here.

I guess I could reformat the pc maybe if I remembered how to. Been a long time since I've done a reformat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: