Old 01-25-2008, 08:37   #31
Wootabulous

Wootabulous is on a distinguished road
I see no debug folder.

I am running windows 2000 professional
Was running a radeon 9800pro vid card, had to use an older 9000pro i had laying around at the house, had the same issue with the better 9800pro card as i do with the 9000pro

There were no troubles logging in prior to the reinstall other than taking awhile to log in, it just started this new issue once I've reinstalled the game the other day thinking maybe it would fix whatever the issues are or was pertaining to invisible things in the game and such. Figured maybe a fresh install of the game might fix it. Well, now I cannot get to the log in screen.

Also it seems to me that there would be clearer info on the site pertaining to what we need to install. Meaning patches, client and such. One link leads to 5003 while another leads to 5010. I tried both and with patches also. No fix yet.

Graphics drivers updated, audio updated.

Honestly, my video card blew not long ago as did my audio card. Since these last few patches. Seriously believing there is some bad data coming from TQ side, bad data packets or whatever overworking peeps pc's. At least some of us that I know of have similar issues and similar types of newfound pc troubles.

Last edited by Wootabulous; 01-25-2008 at 08:39.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:27   #32
dnwell

dnwell is an unknown quantity at this point
game not loading

ok, heres the deal. this game use to work on this computer. so i know its not this system. zero online works fine. this system
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: VT8363
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~900MHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 126MB used, 738MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 (4.09.0000.0900)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0000.0900 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON SDR
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon AGP (QD)
DAC type: Internal DAC (350Mhz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5144&SUBSYS_00081002&REV_00
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (75Hz)

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: VIA Audio (WAVE)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3058&SUBSYS_45111106&REV_50
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: viaudio.sys

At first i thought it was a problem with windows 2k, i formatted and reinstalled windows. and all the drivers. down loaded CO and installed. let the auto patch do its thing. and then still had to download the patch. still having the same problem. when it asks for Standard or High def. i select standard. and it shuts off. just for fun ive tried high def also. still nothing. ive uninstalled CO. and manually down loaded the patches and still doing the same thing, i was asked if there was a debug folder in CO, and there isnt. ive got another computer that is running the ATI 9550 AGP 256 megs and its 1.9mhz AMD ive re-installed windows on that system and its working fine there. so far the only thing i can come up with is if CO in one of there patches has a compatible problem with my video card. if so it should be an easy fix for them.
There is on more idea of the problem. it may not be a video card issue. there are others with newer cards than on my main system. and theres isnt working. its possible that it could be the sound card. the issue is some computers can play others cant. there has to be a common issue with these system that cant log in. now we just need to find it.

Who else has a VIA Audio sound card that has the same problem?

The only thing i havent done is messed with the registry files and the CO files

Last edited by dnwell; 01-25-2008 at 11:23. Reason: update possible issue
Old 01-25-2008, 10:51   #33
shrimp

shrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond repute
Same issues as the others are having for me.

Did a clean install of the game and still cannot get past the initial screen of selecting standard resolution thing. CO just closes out. No log in screen comes up at all.

Yes I also have no debug folder, I have also checked for updated video drivers, those sorts of things. CO still will not go to the log in screen.

Statue of Zeus server, which I don't think has anything really to do with it. The trouble is that once I click on the standard choice, CO closes out as it does for all the others posting here.

I also use windows 2000 pro and an ati radeon video card.
Are the issues happening only to those of us with either or both of these items?

Would someone post something pertaining to this issue to let us know what is being done, what we can expect, or something, at least something giving us some clue as to what is being done to correct this issue?

Last edited by shrimp; 01-25-2008 at 10:53.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:54   #34
shrimp

shrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond reputeshrimp has a reputation beyond repute
no login screen

Cannot reach the login screen.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:07   #35
dnwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
I also use windows 2000 pro and an ati radeon video card.
Are the issues happening only to those of us with either or both of these items?

Would someone post something pertaining to this issue to let us know what is being done, what we can expect, or something, at least something giving us some clue as to what is being done to correct this issue?
well like i said or ment to say is my main system running windows 2k service pack 4, 512 megs ram. ATI radion 9550, CO works fine on that system.

Last edited by sbrwln; 01-25-2008 at 11:26.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:24   #36
shrimp

So from what I understand you to be saying, is that it most likely isn't specifically related to 2k pro or ati radeon cards since one of your systems/your main system is working fine. Correct?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:27   #37
dnwell

Correct, im wondering if its an issue with the sound card itself. im going to check my other system and see what the sound card is on that one
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32   #38
sbrwln
Noop

sbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sbrwln Send a message via Yahoo to sbrwln
It is being looked into. That is why I requested people to post more information about the problem and their operating systems. graphic card, video card, anything that you feel may benefit the GMs in sorting out this issue.

The Guide Videos

www.WatchTheGuild.com
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32   #39
dnwell

i just checked my main system the audio card uses a C-Media ac-97 so the sound cards are not the same. im just grasping at straws, but its possible that that patch may have an issue with some sound cards, waiting for more info from others
Old 01-25-2008, 11:42   #40
shrimp

BTW, I've tried installing all with anti virus running and not running. Same as zone alarm. Both running and not running.
No matter, doesnt work.

No folders show an application with the version/patch. In other words, I do not know what version of CO I am running as far as I know.

sbrwln
Moderator ty for letting us know they are indeed looking into the issues we're having

also, can we expect to be playing conquer this weekend, yes or no? is there a fix coming today?

Last edited by shrimp; 01-25-2008 at 12:07.
Old 01-25-2008, 14:56   #41
demonish
Deuces

demonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond reputedemonish has a reputation beyond repute
It's something about the memory, but anyway whenever I had this problem, I just surfed the net for about an hour and when I started the conquer icon, it started working...
and leave my fears behind~

Gettin back on the grind...
Old 01-25-2008, 15:57   #42
dnwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonish View Post
It's something about the memory, but anyway whenever I had this problem, I just surfed the net for about an hour and when I started the conquer icon, it started working...

This isnt a memory issue
Old 01-25-2008, 16:08   #43
Aramil
Ara!

Aramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond reputeAramil has a reputation beyond repute
Just thinking of random solutions...

Have u tried switching the Color Quality from 16 bit to 32 bit or the Screen Resolution?

Thanks Ang for the ava!
Old 01-25-2008, 16:25   #44
dnwell

Tried that also
Old 01-25-2008, 16:39   #45
sbrwln
Noop

sbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sbrwln Send a message via Yahoo to sbrwln
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
sbrwln
Moderator ty for letting us know they are indeed looking into the issues we're having

also, can we expect to be playing conquer this weekend, yes or no? is there a fix coming today?
I honestly do not know. It would help if more ppl posted with this issue and provide additional information for them to work on.

I will keep pushing the issue

The Guide Videos

www.WatchTheGuild.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: