Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 04:05   #196
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankey! View Post
then i guess you'll never learn
Or maybe you just don't make sense, since it was already explained that natural selection cannot be applied to the human environment, since one of Darwin's three postulates which make natural selection happen is missing. Ehh, do you even know what those 3 postulates are?
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:09   #197
OBMiT
Registered User
 
OBMiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hellview Hospital
Posts: 6,370
OBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to OBMiT Send a message via Yahoo to OBMiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
I don't care when the study was done. Where does it say Natural selection is still shaping our genome?

Ohh right, it doesn't.

A word to the wise - next time make sure you read the articles you post. Kreig's point stands.
http://biology.plosjournals.org/perl...o.0040072&ct=1

There. Happy?
__________________
Winners don't cheat.
Cheaters don't win.
Ninjas don't die.

I ***9829; My Honey Bunny!

Truth about 9/11
OBMiT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14   #198
Spankey!
Rancid Dog
 
Spankey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Upper Uranus
Posts: 743
Spankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
Or maybe you just don't make sense, since it was already explained that natural selection cannot be applied to the human environment, since one of Darwin's three postulates which make natural selection happen is missing. Ehh, do you even know what those 3 postulates are?
do i even care?

humans are ANIMALS and such are subject to the very same laws.

of course they wouldn't say that natural selection is still going on after those 5kk years, it's too frigging obvious to put into the paper. its like stating in an advert that a vehicle will need fuel, or that clothes are best worn with the price-tags removed. are you one of those people who need to read the instructions on a can of soda that tell you to open the container befre drinking the contents?
__________________
~There are no stupid questions, only stupid people~ Mr. Garrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
Besides, my dog likes to hump me.
Spankey! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14   #199
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMiT View Post
Quote:
In the last 100,000 years, behaviorally modern humans have spread from Africa to colonize most of the globe. In that time, humans have been forced to adapt to a wide range of new habitats and climates. Following the end of the last ice age, 14,000 years ago, there was a major warming event that raised global temperatures to roughly their current levels. Further dramatic changes occurred with the transition from hunter-gatherer to agricultural societies, starting about 10,000***8211;12,000 years ago in the Fertile Crescent, and a little later elsewhere. This was also a period marked by rapid increases in human population densities. Increased population density promoted the spread of infectious diseases, as did the new proximity of farmers to animal pathogens [1,2].
What part of the word "present" do you not understand?

(Try googling "natural selection today" - might get better results).
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:16   #200
OBMiT
Registered User
 
OBMiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hellview Hospital
Posts: 6,370
OBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to OBMiT Send a message via Yahoo to OBMiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
What part of the word "present" do you not understand?

(Try googling "natural selection today" - might get better results).
You just read an article by looking for ancient dates in it? ....

This is from the Public Library of Science.. It's peer reviewed.. How much more do you need?
__________________
Winners don't cheat.
Cheaters don't win.
Ninjas don't die.

I ***9829; My Honey Bunny!

Truth about 9/11
OBMiT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:18   #201
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankey! View Post
do i even care?

humans are ANIMALS and such are subject to the very same laws.

of course they wouldn't say that natural selection is still going on after those 5kk years, it's too frigging obvious to put into the paper. its like stating in an advert that a vehicle will need fuel, or that clothes are best worn with the price-tags removed. are you one of those people who need to read the instructions on a can of soda that tell you to open the container befre drinking the contents?
What other animals use contraceptives? or keep their weak? house their old?
For that matter, what other animal can modify the environment, instead of adapting to it?

None. Humans have risen above natural selection. But heck, you don't even know what Darwin's 3 postulates are. How would you be expected to understand natural selection?

I forgive you.
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:20   #202
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMiT View Post
You just read an article by looking for ancient dates in it? ....

This is from the Public Library of Science.. It's peer reviewed.. How much more do you need?
Did you read it? or were you simply impressed by the big shiny "peer reviewed" letter on its cover?

I read it. It states that a few major environmental changes have caused a strong selection in favour of a certain allele frequncy. It said nothing about natural selection at work now(which is what I asked you to prove).
So, give it another try.
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24   #203
Spankey!
Rancid Dog
 
Spankey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Upper Uranus
Posts: 743
Spankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
What other animals use contraceptives? or keep their weak? house their old?
For that matter, what other animal can modify the environment, instead of adapting to it?

None. Humans have risen above natural selection. But heck, you don't even know what Darwin's 3 postulates are. How would you be expected to understand natural selection?

I forgive you.
sigh. modern humans are classified as Homo sapiens sapiens. or in your case, homo homo sapiens sapiens.
That means that human beings are classed according to the same rules as animals.
just because we know a few tricks does not change the fact that we have genes and are subject to passing this genetic code off to our offspring where genetic traits will be carried forward. ever heard of hereditary conditions?
Obviously, you have nothing to worry about because you won't be passing anything down to your offspring.
__________________
~There are no stupid questions, only stupid people~ Mr. Garrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
Besides, my dog likes to hump me.
Spankey! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:28   #204
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankey! View Post
That means that human beings are classed according to the same rules as animals.
No, it doesn't. Unless you can show me another animal who uses contraceptives and does all the other "unnatural" things that humans do, humans are most defiantly not subject to the "same rules". Well, maybe you are. I like to use toilet paper and take a shower every once in a while. You can keep playing using the "same rules" as animals use
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:28   #205
OBMiT
Registered User
 
OBMiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hellview Hospital
Posts: 6,370
OBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to OBMiT Send a message via Yahoo to OBMiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
Did you read it? or were you simply impressed by the big shiny "peer reviewed" letter on its cover?

I read it. It states that a few major environmental changes have caused a strong selection in favour of a certain allele frequncy. It said nothing about natural selection at work now(which is what I asked you to prove).
So, give it another try.
Apparently YOU are the one not reading.
__________________
Winners don't cheat.
Cheaters don't win.
Ninjas don't die.

I ***9829; My Honey Bunny!

Truth about 9/11
OBMiT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29   #206
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMiT View Post
Apparently YOU are the one not reading.
Still nothing?
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33   #207
Spankey!
Rancid Dog
 
Spankey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Upper Uranus
Posts: 743
Spankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond reputeSpankey! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
No, it doesn't. Unless you can show me another animal who uses contraceptives and does all the other "unnatural" things that humans do, humans are most defiantly not subject to the "same rules". Well, maybe you are. I like to use toilet paper and take a shower every once in a while. You can keep playing using the "same rules" as animals use
i'm talking genetics, not behaviour.

besides, have you never seen a dog hump furnature? looks pretty unnatural to me.
__________________
~There are no stupid questions, only stupid people~ Mr. Garrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
Besides, my dog likes to hump me.
Spankey! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33   #208
OBMiT
Registered User
 
OBMiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hellview Hospital
Posts: 6,370
OBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to OBMiT Send a message via Yahoo to OBMiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko View Post
Still nothing?
Read the damn thing.. I gave you plenty of evidence, yet you seem to want to pick out just a few quick lines that you can use for your argument when taken out of context, but if you would actually understand what's going on in that article you wouldn't ask me for anything...
__________________
Winners don't cheat.
Cheaters don't win.
Ninjas don't die.

I ***9829; My Honey Bunny!

Truth about 9/11
OBMiT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:36   #209
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMiT View Post
Read the damn thing.. I gave you plenty of evidence, yet you seem to want to pick out just a few quick lines that you can use for your argument when taken out of context, but if you would actually understand what's going on in that article you wouldn't ask me for anything...
Just admit it. You googled an article hoping that it supports your point. Without reading it, you brought it here. Sadly, it does not support your point(which you would have known, have you bothered reading it).

So instead of telling me to read it, why don't you show me where it says that natural selection is affecting our genome now?
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007, 04:37   #210
Toko
Banned
 
Toko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,185
Toko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant futureToko has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankey! View Post
i'm talking genetics, not behaviour.

besides, have you never seen a dog hump furnature? looks pretty unnatural to me.
Dogs are domesticated animals produces by artificial selection, and furniture is not exactly the most "natural" thing either.

Besides, my dog likes to hump me.
Toko is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26.