Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 10:43   #1531
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
The link sends me to an Untitled page. O_o

What format did you export to though? Mine kept pretty much same quality as it came out from Vdub.
And how compressed is the video?
Clicking the link should pop up the save file window.. Maybe you have it blocked. The format is mp4 (H.264/MPEG-4) with target bitrate: 0,8 Mbps and maximum bitrate: 1,2 Mbps. Higher values make better quality and you can change the audio bitrate too.. I think H.264 has the best compression/quality and it works well with youtube. But idk maybe its just matter of taste.

Seems like there are too many frames in the animation i uploaded.. Some old test renders found their way in

www.3dkiwi.webs.com/images/Untitled2.gif

Last edited by Kuroooo~; 12-13-2011 at 10:53.
Kuroooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2011, 10:53   #1532
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroooo~ View Post
Clicking the link should pop up the save file window.. Maybe you have it blocked. The format is mp4 (H.264/MPEG-4) with target bitrate: 0,8 Mbps and maximum bitrate: 1,2 Mbps. Higher values make better quality and you can change the audio bitrate too.. I think H.264 has the best compression/quality and it works well with youtube. But idk maybe its just matter of taste.
Only FireFox can see it, my Chome doesn't.
Well, it looks good, that's the scene where she was holding the green ball that you've rendered earlier. How did you make the light dust effect? Particles or other stuff?

How big is the size of the video in mb/gb? I'm trying to hold a good balance between quality and size, as that solar system is only a small part of a 20 minute movie. Just figured that I'd do the simple stuff so I can learn about UVs/texturing, lighting, rendering and simple animation more.

My settings for compression in AE is H.264 at highest quality possible. Not sure why Premiere would have it any different with the same compression unless it has any higher quality settings.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 12-13-2011 at 10:58.
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02   #1533
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Only FireFox can see it, my Chome doesn't.
Well, it looks good, that's the scene where she was holding the green ball that you've rendered earlier. How did you make the light dust effect? Particles or other stuff?

How big is the size of the video in mb/gb? I'm trying to hold a good balance between quality and size, as that solar system is only a small part of a 20 minute movie. Just figured that I'd do the simple stuff so I can learn about UVs/texturing, lighting, rendering and simple animation more.
The lights are volume lights with animated noise and the video is ~657kb in file size

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15   #1534
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The lights are volume lights with animated noise and the video is ~657kb in file size
Hmm, I wonder if that can be done in Maya too...

657 kb and what resolution?
Mine's on 1024 with 10 mb size.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-13-2011, 11:20   #1535
Kuroooo~

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder if that can be done in Maya too...

657 kb and what resolution?
Mine's on 1024 with 10 mb size.
The slimeball video is 480x270 px

This video is 1920x1080 px with same settings as the slimeball and size is ~12mb duration 3:02 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNiGk...qwVFQQws7m4ZCT

Old 12-13-2011, 11:50   #1536
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
The slimeball video is 480x270 px

This video is 1920x1080 px with same settings as the slimeball and size is ~12mb duration 3:02 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNiGk...qwVFQQws7m4ZCT
Hmm, good compression / aspect. But I don't understand why they included a different version of the same compression in the other software and how it can have good aspect and small size same time. O.o
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-16-2011, 03:38   #1537
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/c7colour.../0/QkGN_RftMU0Finally some of my school work rolled up into a short reel for this semester. I couldn't fit it all. This was our digital tools assignment for the end of the semester.

We did a lot more, but the music clip was only a minute or so long. :\

Excited for break. I have never been so productive in my entire life.
What was the animation done in? The part with the chains / gears was awesome and the dolphin too, though it could use some coloring.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-16-2011, 05:03   #1538
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Thaaaank youuu. I'm really glad my gears turned out well. x.x The animation was done on paper, flipped and rolled, then compiled in Flipbook (A pencil testing program). The chains and gears were made in photoshop and compiled and made to move in after effects. The dolphins and what not aren't coloured because they were on paper. xD To clean them up and colour them would have meant hours more work. Some people did it because they were ahead though. :>
Makes me want to try and model a dolphin on Maya. But actually i have to model a shark-like creature so i might work on that one after i finish my solar system.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-17-2011, 02:04   #1539
Kuroooo~

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/c7colour.../0/QkGN_RftMU0Finally some of my school work rolled up into a short reel for this semester. I couldn't fit it all. This was our digital tools assignment for the end of the semester.

We did a lot more, but the music clip was only a minute or so long. :\

Excited for break. I have never been so productive in my entire life.

Looks awesome! Very good work! The part with gears and chains could be easily made in Flash too

Old 12-17-2011, 02:08   #1540
Kuroooo~

My new pics need some thumbs up.. Can you guys please help me? Thanks!

Here are the links:

http://album.91.com/index.php?c=pict...11593&aid=2544

http://album.91.com/index.php?c=pict...11573&aid=2544

Old 12-17-2011, 03:56   #1541
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
My new pics need some thumbs up.. Can you guys please help me? Thanks!

Here are the links:

http://album.91.com/index.php?c=pict...11593&aid=2544

http://album.91.com/index.php?c=pict...11573&aid=2544
Voted, but i don't have a facebook ID. Can only thumb up.'
The Christmas one is awesome!
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-17-2011, 07:38   #1542
Kuroooo~

Quote:
Voted, but i don't have a facebook ID. Can only thumb up.'
The Christmas one is awesome!
Thanks! I need thumb ups in the fan art album place.. There is somekind of competition.

Old 12-20-2011, 14:15   #1543
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Kuro, yea, flash would work well too, but we haven't touched it yet. We've just been working in Toon Boom, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, etc. Flash may or may not be next semester, but I think we touch on it in second year. Certain camera features aren't available in flash either... at least not to my knowledge. I haven' touched it since CS 2 or 3 though. It's only one or two clicks in after effects, so it's definitely the most efficient time-wise.

Also, I used to enter those... I remember spending hours and hours doing research and drawing it out and colouring it, only to get 20 votes. :\

Deto, Sharks are fun. They move side to side though, but the S and C curve are the same. I wanted to do an eel, but my time was limited. I might do it since I have time now for fun.
The shark-like creatures i have to do are some mix of alligators and tiger-sharks, so I won't have to worry much about their swimming since they will mostly be walking on land.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-21-2011, 11:16   #1544
Kuroooo~

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Kuro, yea, flash would work well too, but we haven't touched it yet. We've just been working in Toon Boom, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, etc. Flash may or may not be next semester, but I think we touch on it in second year. Certain camera features aren't available in flash either... at least not to my knowledge. I haven' touched it since CS 2 or 3 though. It's only one or two clicks in after effects, so it's definitely the most efficient time-wise.
Making an animation in Flash is really simple.. Then you can export the animation to image files and edit the animation in AE. Everything is fair

Old 12-21-2011, 11:24   #1545
Kuroooo~

Quote:
The shark-like creatures i have to do are some mix of alligators and tiger-sharks, so I won't have to worry much about their swimming since they will mostly be walking on land.
Sounds exciting! Do you have any concept drawings? I want to seee

Last edited by Kuroooo~; 12-21-2011 at 11:58.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: