Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 11:36   #1396
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
Alright I edited it with a link. I can't upload the actual color scheme shot because it needs to be a tiff to retain quality, and it turns into a very large file to upload xD
Cool, is that a dragon?
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2011, 11:43   #1397
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
Cool, is that a dragon?
Yeah and the arrows are going to be the burn path in the finished painting.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2011, 12:35   #1398
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah and the arrows are going to be the burn path in the finished painting.
Post it when it's finished too. I'd like to see it X)
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-07-2011, 13:13   #1399
SwichB1ade
20% Cooler

SwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond repute
I like the way the hole burned in the skyscraper looks.
Gonna put White Christmas up my nose

I ain't no weatherman - don't know if it's gonna rain
'Cause I'm a rock 'n roll clown, do a lot of cocaine
One of these days they're gonna take me away
'Cause I'm Dr. Rockso, and I do cocaine
SwichB1ade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2011, 18:02   #1400
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Bought photoshop today and decided to play around in it some. Started sketching out some lines and it turned into a computer that reminded me of something I might find in Romania. So now it's a 1 minute sketch of deto.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	detowork.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	145066  

Old 10-07-2011, 18:08   #1401
jackoffthebox
Banned

jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Just a quick layout and overall color scheme sketch I threw together for some concept art I'm working on.

Saw this thread and decided I might contribute to it some.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...on-d4c3am6.jpg
Back leg seems out of place. The body is drawn the wrong way for the leg to be there. Besides that Good job on the concept art.

Hope it turns out well, and wanting to see the final work.
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-08-2011, 01:00   #1402
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Bought photoshop today and decided to play around in it some. Started sketching out some lines and it turned into a computer that reminded me of something I might find in Romania. So now it's a 1 minute sketch of deto.

still not showing though.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-08-2011, 07:26   #1403
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
still not showing though.
http://s3.postimage.org/3ykslm0jr/detowork.jpg

It was showing on my screen when I did the image tag to it.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:49   #1404
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
http://s3.postimage.org/3ykslm0jr/detowork.jpg

It was showing on my screen when I did the image tag to it.
Well, you drew me accurate seen from behind, however:
I have an LCD screen, there are 2 speakers right next to it and my camera is between those 2 speakers.
My desk has that sliding tray where my keyboard supposed to be but i prefer it high up the desk.
My computer is a tower so it sits under the desk.
There is no one trying to lick me from behind either. O.o
And... i don't have that fancy chair. It's just a non-wheeled chair with a wooden back and a spongy (almost destroyed from sitting on it) seat.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32   #1405
DETONATOAREA
Female

Finally finished the drawing i was working on.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-29-2011, 03:51   #1406
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
http://c7colours.deviantart.com/#/d4e9ty9

Character I designed for class. Doodled him in oekaki and got this. Forgot his whiskers though. :\
A bunny! X)
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-29-2011, 15:35   #1407
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Yeaaaaa. I doodle bunnies a lot. :< I wanted to do something else, but the teacher liked this guy. xD This guy is fun and easier for me to draw anyways.
And he looks like a troublemaker by that look on his face X)))
I'm planning on making something new on Corel, but idk, maybe i should do that scene in 3D instead. But it would probably take longer. Idk which one would be best for a scene with a park, a bench and 2 human chars sitting on the bench pondering.

If i can finish with the 3D part, i'd rather just draw on Corel some snail with multiple whiskers that i've dreamed once.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 10-30-2011, 04:23   #1408
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
I'd go for it in 2D. Break that comfort bubble. I'd try 3D, but I would need a course on the programs. We'll be doing some 3D modeling in 3rd year, I think...along with stop motion. I tried fiddling with Zbrush, Maya, Mudbox and Blender and got nowhere. x.x I'm having enough issues with Toonboom Harmony.

Yea, I have him going as a rebellious teen rapper/hip hop. So he's hopping and dancing all over the place. It's surprisingly free and fun to draw such interesting and active poses.
I skipped the courses, jumped directly into experimenting on Maya. I've been having fun with the dynamic systems in it, so many things can be done.
If i'd have to go for 2D, i'd have to first draw on paper (because a mouse is not as good as a pencil unless you have a mouse shaped like a pencil and a drawing tablet) and then take a picture with the phone and send it to the pc, then in Corel i have to make the edges visible and paint around them.
That's how i did the dragon, but finding the perfect colors for it is not as easy as finding the perfect textures for a scene or character in Maya.

EDIT: Decided to draw on paper and then color in Corel Paint. But i hope i won't have to erase over 9000 times until i can make the human chars look somewhat cartoonish but same time close to realistic.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 11-01-2011 at 12:23.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:37   #1409
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Well yea. Drawing on paper is much easier than drawing on the computer, with or without a tablet. I used to draw with a mouse. Couldn't do lines for ****, so I did "realism".
I recently discovered the pen tool in photoshop. It's nice, but I still prefer drawing my lines.

I tried Mudbox in Digital Tools class the other day and it pawned me. Once I figured how to rotate it it wasn't so bad, but I still can't figure out how people can get it so smooth.
So far i've finished the sketch and painted like 20% of it in Corel. I like shading and using a soft paint. It makes stuff appear to stick out, but it's hard to orientate it according to the light (in this case a street lamp).
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 11-05-2011, 11:30   #1410
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
xD Yes. In 2D you have to think about form differently than a 3D model. It's lovely. I take objects with a similar shape and light them on a desk or recall from the studies I've painted. Coloured light is a ***** too. A street lamp at night would create a hard shadow.
Well, this is what it ended up as. Not exactly happy about it, but there's nothing more i can do at this point.

I still think i do better on 3D.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 11-09-2011 at 03:13.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: