Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 00:45   #1561
SwichB1ade
20% Cooler

SwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09k_...layer_embedded
Finally managed to add the dust to simulate the galaxy. Now to do scene 2 and mix them, then doing scene 3.
Your solar system is becoming very sexy.
Gonna put White Christmas up my nose

I ain't no weatherman - don't know if it's gonna rain
'Cause I'm a rock 'n roll clown, do a lot of cocaine
One of these days they're gonna take me away
'Cause I'm Dr. Rockso, and I do cocaine
SwichB1ade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2012, 02:19   #1562
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
At least now it isn't that boring black behind all of it, but a bunch of stars. Oddly they take no toll on the processor. O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHoEpTPYcJ4
Mixed both scenes now.
HD mode too, though it looks flat on my 19" monitor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZgKe...ature=youtu.be
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 01-04-2012 at 08:18.
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 16:30   #1563
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute

Spam delivery. The female version of the Zriganz shark aliens. Inspired by beta fish.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-21-2012, 20:12   #1564
sin411
Super ***e

sin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Spam delivery. The female version of the Zriganz shark aliens. Inspired by beta fish.
They should have saber tooth cat teeth.

If that makes sense. <_<"
Quote:
Originally posted by ™¤VeYrOn¤™
You make as much sense as a squirrel on crack.
Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
sin411 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 03:14   #1565
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin411 View Post
They should have saber tooth cat teeth.

If that makes sense. <_<"
Well, that's not a lion mane around their neck, they are fins. So they're not meant to be felines to have saber tooth teeth (they'd have shark teeth, but I made their mouths closed).
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23   #1566
sin411
Super ***e

sin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, that's not a lion mane around their neck, they are fins. So they're not meant to be felines to have saber tooth teeth (they'd have shark teeth, but I made their mouths closed).
But, but but...i thought(didn't think at all) it would look kinda cool........
Quote:
Originally posted by ™¤VeYrOn¤™
You make as much sense as a squirrel on crack.
Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
sin411 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 03:31   #1567
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin411 View Post
But, but but...i thought(didn't think at all) it would look kinda cool........
Maybe, but got to follow the shark/beta aspect for these.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-26-2012, 04:24   #1568
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
Love the species designs. I love betta's...
Yeah, i like bettas too but i have bad memories of them... when they teamed up to kill all my zebra fish. I ended up with a lot of zebras and a xipho without eyes. X_X Oddly, the males didn't fight each other like the bettas usually do. In fact, they seemed to sit next to each other calm, but hated any other fish's presence. Their females were also around them.
Recently I bought 3 swordtails, much easier to keep with my catfish than a betta. But now I'm having trouble with one of the swordtail females

I won't use the Zrigan female design in first movie, cause only the male ones make an appearance there (reason is to make the main char think they are loan sharks).
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-26-2012, 14:03   #1569
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Oh nooo.

we had a large tank a couple years ago. We had ohh I think 5 or 6 tetra's, 5 of anoher type of fish, 3 Corydora catfish (1 was albino) and 2 male betta's in there. We thought one of them was a female...short fins. Wel he turned out to be a male. The tank was large enough that each betta (Ricky and Molly[renamed Mo after we found out she was a male]) claimed their own side. They chased the tetra's around a bit then got bored. Ricky decided to pick on one of the small corydora's and caspar wouldn't stand for it and headbutt Ricky out of there. Other than that we had no injuries until Caspar got sick. Then Ricky and Mo tried to eat him. x.x We isolated caspar, ricky, and mo into different tanks which is how Ricky became my sole fish. Oh.. I lied, the other corydora wanted to see what the filter was like, got stuck and died. :C

It was a drama filled tank. We never put the betta's back into the large tank after we isolated them. by that point they were pretty happy in their own space. Had ricky until he had a stroke or heart attack. Betta's are usually very territorial though. We were both lucky to get fairly mild mannered ones.
Bettas are either getting along with each other and team up to hunt other species or they beat each other or in rare cases are at peace with all. I've hard that in the wild they have one alpha male to keep the rest in check.

Hoplos are so similar to corys, I have my Tzuppy. He's so adorable and will eat out of my hand and follow me around the tank, but he will splash and attack strangers. Cute little kittyfish! X) (well not exactly little, he's 17 cm long)

And here are his tankmates that he protects.

Bee, Cracker and Dia.
Dia is a bit sick lately, she hasn't eaten anything. I tried flakes, bloodworms, boiled egg yolk... Nothing worked. I put her in a green bowl and she seems fine, but she still won't eat / make crap. Other 2 swordtails bullied her, especially Bee (the red albino).

And I'm also trying to make a fish-in cycle of a 6 gallon tank, doubt it will work though so got to upgrade to a 12 gallon soon.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-26-2012, 15:53   #1570
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Who is the red one?

You should try getting some Epsom salt at the drug store and mix it into the water. She could have an infection. Doing that and raising the water temp a bit can help. Don't raise it too much though.
Red one is Bee the albino swordtail. At first I thought Bee would die but oddly she turned into the most liked female fish in the tank, but she started bullying Dia. Dia used to be a female dog at first and beat Bee all the time. Tables have turned now and both Bee and Cracker attack her while she's in the tank.

I have placed Dia in a plastic bowl near the heater to keep her warm. I cannot raise temp in tank as I don't have a reliable heater. My turtle's heater is full of calcareous crap.
I don't know if I will have enough money to even get the salt, I have: dechlorinator, a plant and a new tank in mind to buy whenever I get paid (been waiting for 2-3 months now... every time something had to happen and the work couldn't get finished).
If I get paid only 50 dollars... Idk how I will split that.

I suspect my fish to have some parasites, as I saw a white fish crap in the tank but not sure who the culprit was. Dia had a normal poop several times before the hunger strike.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-27-2012, 03:24   #1571
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
apparently it's pretty cheap.. like two bucks. (edit: my recent search shows walmart has a large tub for 8 bucks. You don't need a lot though) The part to be concerned about would be dosages. I would search that up online...And don't use table salt. D: Also don't leave any uneaten food laying in the tank. When a fish is sick, the others will try to eat it. It's sad, but true. You did good removing her from the tank. When a fish refuses bloodworms, then it's something to really be concerned about. :C

Are there any white salt-looking specs on her? Anything around her mouth? Does it look like she is breathing deeply? Is she active? I would avoid putting a live plant in with her right now, but something would be good to keep her entertained. I hope she starts eating soon.
Uhh... tub?

8 bucks?

In the aquarium, my Hoplo Catfish won't let any food to waste. He eats like a pig (mom even called him one this morning).
And yeah, Bee and Cracker seemed to try to eat Dia while she was in the tank.

No ich signs so no white dots on the fish.
No velvet signs, her scales look ok so no dropsy either.
Mouth is pink just like before.
Her breathing is a bit accelerated, other 2 fish seem to be breathing relaxed.
She usually sits in one place or swims very slowly, spends most of the time at the top of the bowl (and even in tank) but her mouth doesn't touch the surface of the water. If startled, she will zip away quickly. For a short while, she used to keep her fins clamped but she stopped doing that after a day.
Still not eating, apparently no fish poop in the water, unless those round balls are hers and not just something out of the flakes, but that's not the way it should look like for Xiphos.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49   #1572
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Tub as in uh.. a..maybe a container that you could almost fit your head in. Kind of like a downy liquid container shape?

Could be parasites hen. Is she doing any better now? Make sure all uneaten food gets fished out of her tank for now. I can rot in there.
She was in a bowl and I did water change 100% every day, but nothing improved and she just sank to the bottom of it and died flipped on a side. She could barely float so maybe swim bladder disease?

Now I'm left with 3 fish: a swordtail pair and a Hoplo and still got to get a bigger tank (a 52 L cause I'm stuck with a 23L due to mom throwing away my biggest 70L or so tank...) and some day maybe I can buy a bigger stand and get a 100L tank so that all fish will be happy.
And the swordtail pair are either bickering or just flirting, it's hard to tell as they frequently dash around each other and usually the male should be doing that, but it's the female doing it in my tank towards the male. O_o
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11   #1573
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
I don't know if it's the swim bladder. My betta Ricky, stressed himself out to much he got constipated. That affected his swim bladder and he floated near the top on his side. He eventually worked it out and got better though. I'm sorry she couldn't make it.

sounds like you have some pretty dominant females. rofl.
Well she could barely float, she'd sink to the bottom of the aquarium. I separated her when I noticed that she was at the top of the water most of the time, with her tail pointing down as if she was dragged back down.
Dia was the first dominant female but Bee scared the life out of her X_X
Today Bee's not only chasing the male around, but pecking my catfish's back fin. He feels it and turns around to see who was nibbling at his fin.
What more could happen?
The female could start growing a tail and a gonopodium and go:

It happened to me before, after one gave birth about 3 times and another female just turned male when I bought her for another red male I had. X_X She (he?) then proceeded to kill the real male. X_X
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16   #1574
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Daaaaaang. If they are starting to eat your poor catfish, I would observe to see if it stops or move them. The poor guy. Random fish sex changes are a butt.
Could have been then.
She does that rarely, most of the time she and the catfish are cool and stay next to each other. In fact, the catfish sometimes defended Bee from Dia so they stick together often. But Bee sometimes mistakes Tzuppy's back fin for food (they have enough food though so... idk, she randomly pecks everything she finds: the filter, the corners of the tank, my fingers...)
I can understand why she chases the male off though, he bugs her with his "Look at my pointy tail!" dance.

The swordtail pair are like chickens of the aquarium and the catfish like a bunny lol. Swordies sleep atop the filter at night, though I wonder how they memorize their places, the male looks at the filter, not exactly on top of it and is near the surface (exact same coordinates every night) while the female sits exactly over the filter and behind the pipe of it. (internal filter).

Tzuppy just sleeps wherever he lands. LOL.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 02-02-2012, 05:47   #1575
jackoffthebox
Banned

jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
I have a betta he kills other fish
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: