Old 11-16-2009, 14:31   #16
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Location: Suomi prkl!!!!!!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 113 = 11628
ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
Pfft, you stole that from the site.
That's plagiarism.

Pfft, like any of the other things in this thread were made up by the posters. I was just too lazy to type it so I took photo of it.
ananta...~v.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2009, 14:36   #17
ananta...~v.4
Banned

ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's plagiarism.

There are 100 people and 100 CLOSED doors.
Person number 1 opens all the doors
Person number 2 closes every even door
Person number 3 opens or closes every 3rd door
and so on until person 100 opens or closes the 100th door.

Which doors are left opened at the end?

Note: NOT a trick question
doors 1 and 4 are open rest of them closed? D:
Old 11-16-2009, 14:37   #18
ChaoticArcher
~|KhAoS|~

ChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananta...~v.4 View Post
Pfft, like any of the other things in this thread were made up by the posters. I was just too lazy to type it so I took photo of it.
i need more i want to do this until my head hurts lol

btw, me yowan and another guy got pretty pissed with my first one we all got money and actualy did it to see WHERE the last $ was
Started here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_h_Htr3fc
Now we here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CBUaS-qoI egys gonna egg

S>26 EndlessDance garments on snowfall or championsEU server with +2 CS and +2 IMMUNITY expires 30days.
over 2 years of uber immunity or an ace up your sleeve when you need to win that big tourny. PM for details.
ChaoticArcher is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2009, 14:37   #19
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher View Post
Rules: Find WHO has the dollar i dont want numbered answers & Find the answer to this one before posting a new one

3 guys go to a hotel
the room they want is 30 bucks so every one of them pay 10 bucks to the manager

later that night the manager realises that room was only 25$ so he goes to the 3 guys room to give them their 5$

the manager doesnt know how to split 5$ in 3 so he gives every one of the 3 guys 1$ and keeps 2$ for himself

now since every guy received one dollar off their 10$ back they each paid 9$ for their room

9 x 3 = 27
27 + 2 = 29 (the 2 is what the manager kept)

where is the last dollar?
10 + 10 + 10 - (1 + 1 + 1 + 2)
30 - (3 + 2)
30 -3 -2

You added the 2, not subtracted. Well, that's how the question goes.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2009, 14:39   #20
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's plagiarism.

There are 100 people and 100 CLOSED doors.
Person number 1 opens all the doors
Person number 2 closes every even door
Person number 3 opens or closes every 3rd door
and so on until person 100 opens or closes the 100th door.

Which doors are left opened at the end?

Note: NOT a trick question
Oh, i think I got it.

I'll PM you.

edit: ok nope.

edit: ok. think I got it again.

Last edited by CheekyPunk27; 11-16-2009 at 14:45.
Old 11-16-2009, 14:52   #21
ananta...~v.4
Banned

So, the doors are: 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49 etc etc.

The number of doors between the opened ones always increases by 2 (like between 1 and 4 there's 2 doors, 4 and 9 there's 4 doors etc etc)

Last edited by ananta...~v.4; 11-16-2009 at 14:58.
Old 11-16-2009, 15:08   #22
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:

The number of doors between the opened ones always increases by 2 (like between 1 and 4 there's 2 doors, 4 and 9 there's 4 doors etc etc)
Thats the answer, but it's not the reasonnnnn

or maybe it is. Nah, don't think so. It's just an observation. Which is interesting actually.

Reason is.

A door number will be open/closed by the person who is the same number as one of the door numbers factors.

ie. door 10 has factors 1,10 and 2, 5. So it will be opened-closed twice, leaving it closed.

so for all numbers, there are an even number of factors, and hence will be open-closed, open-closed however many times, except for a special few.

Those few are the square numbers. 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 etc. Cause it's like a 'double' factor, so it doesn't get open-closed. it just gets opened.

And there you go.
Old 11-16-2009, 15:11   #23
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Thats the answer, but it's not the reasonnnnn

or maybe it is. Nah, don't think so. It's just an observation. Which is interesting actually.

Reason is.

A door number will be open/closed by the person who is the same number as one of the door numbers factors.

ie. door 10 has factors 1,10 and 2, 5. So it will be opened-closed twice, leaving it closed.

so for all numbers, there are an even number of factors, and hence will be open-closed, open-closed however many times, except for a special few.

Those few are the square numbers. 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 etc. Cause it's like a 'double' factor, so it doesn't get open-closed. it just gets opened.

And there you go.
Yeah I was trying to make an equation like A1 + (n-1)d but I always failed.

I've been bad boy during maths
Old 11-16-2009, 15:14   #24
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
Yeah I was trying to make an equation like A1 + (n-1)d but I always failed.

I've been bad boy during maths
it's not an AP. fail.

Last edited by CheekyPunk27; 11-16-2009 at 15:17. Reason: AP = Arithmetic Progression = AS = Arithmetic Series. whatever you want to call it.
Old 11-16-2009, 15:17   #25
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Quote:
it's not an AP. fail.
What's AP? :x
Old 11-16-2009, 15:20   #26
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
What's AP? :x
See my reason for editing.

I mean, like.

2, 6, 10, 14, 18.

a + (n-1)d is the formula for the n'th term.
a = 2.
n = 5
d = difference = 4

gives the 5th term.

arithmetic series/progression.
Old 11-16-2009, 15:32   #27
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
nerds.
Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2009, 15:34   #28
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Quote:
See my reason for editing.

I mean, like.

2, 6, 10, 14, 18.

a + (n-1)d is the formula for the n'th term.
a = 2.
n = 5
d = difference = 4

gives the 5th term.

arithmetic series/progression.
Yeah, how about recursive (progression?)? Could that work? xD

I'm sort of failing with english on these math words ;__; My weak spot
Old 11-16-2009, 15:39   #29
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Lol, you and CheekyPunk got the answer correct.
What are those numbers called and why those numbers in particular.
I'll give you a clue if you want

And its much more simple than recursive progression!
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2009, 15:42   #30
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Quote:
Lol, you and CheekyPunk got the answer correct.
What are those numbers called and why those numbers in particular.
I'll give you a clue if you want

And its much more simple than recursive progression!
a^(b+1)?

xD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: