View Poll Results: Why do moderators not last longer than water on the sun?
They suck - Just got up and left 2 6.67%
They suck - They do their job and we dont want one 8 26.67%
They suck - They dont do their job (even though we dont know what they're supposed to do) 1 3.33%
They suck - They're not around when we need them. 2 6.67%
One of the above 4 13.33%
None of the above 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 12:35   #1
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Starshine
Why do moderators fail here?

Just wondering...

Starshine -- Level 124 Fire Tao (All spells fixed - Heading for 130 now!)
Psyche -- Level 130->129 Water->Warrior
xxGemZ0xx -- Level 110->130 Water->Archer
ScYlLa -- Level 110->117 Water->Water
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 14:34   #2
Takquer2.0
Banned

Takquer2.0 will become famous soon enough
Because all the mods we get are bunch of power abusing douchebags

All except barefoot that is

He's the best we ever had and will ever get

And tell euro to eat a d.ick for me would you?
Takquer2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 14:42   #3
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takquer2.0 View Post
Because all the mods we get are bunch of power abusing douchebags

All except barefoot that is

He's the best we ever had and will ever get

And tell euro to eat a d.ick for me would you?
All right then, by that thought, only barefoot as moderator here? You know he quit right? I see lots of other moderators have been in and out of here...

Old 11-02-2007, 14:53   #4
Takquer2.0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
All right then, by that thought, only barefoot as moderator here? You know he quit right? I see lots of other moderators have been in and out of here...
Obviously i know he quit, that's why i said he's the best we've ever HAD and ever WILL have

All the other moderators we don't like

Unless you gave us someone well known on this forum who everyone can agree on

Not some random person barging in and taking control.
Old 11-02-2007, 14:58   #5
Starshine
SleepyMod

Quote:
Obviously i know he quit, that's why i said he's the best we've ever HAD and ever WILL have

All the other moderators we don't like

Unless you gave us someone well known on this forum who everyone can agree on

Not some random person barging in and taking control.
Hmmmm... it's difficult to get 100 percent approval from any server's chit-chat... Barefoot certainly has left a good impression on you. From what you're saying it doesnt seem anyone else could ever fill his shoes. It's kinda sad...

Old 11-02-2007, 15:00   #6
Takquer2.0
Banned

BTW your poll sucks
Old 11-02-2007, 15:00   #7
Wormy
Green.

Wormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond reputeWormy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wormy Send a message via MSN to Wormy
Quote:
BTW your poll sucks
I agree.
Wormy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 15:02   #8
Takquer2.0
Banned

Quote:
Hmmmm... it's difficult to get 100 percent approval from any server's chit-chat... Barefoot certainly has left a good impression on you. From what you're saying it doesnt seem anyone else could ever fill his shoes. It's kinda sad...
Of course you're not going to get a 100% approval from all of us
But i don't want majority rule either because we may end up with someone alot of us don't like

To be honest, yeah barefoot was the best we've had here and unless its barefoot being the mod here i don't think we really want one.

Barefoot let us have our freedom in choices to talk about, but he was there to stop things if they got out of hand.

Before if anything we said went off topic of co then it became a locked thread. Thats what pernilla did or w/e her face was.

Theres a difference between a little government intervention and a monarchy.

We don't want the latter
Old 11-02-2007, 15:07   #9
Takquer2.0
Banned

Yeah contradictory statement there at the top.

Maybe you should hold a poll giving us the option to choose a new mod or just not have one at all, but still sorta control things from behind the scene.

Just a slight nudge in the right direction sorta speak. k?
Old 11-02-2007, 15:10   #10
Starshine
SleepyMod

Quote:
Of course you're not going to get a 100% approval from all of us
But i don't want majority rule either because we may end up with someone alot of us don't like

To be honest, yeah barefoot was the best we've had here and unless its barefoot being the mod here i don't think we really want one.

Barefoot let us have our freedom in choices to talk about, but he was there to stop things if they got out of hand.

Before if anything we said went off topic of co then it became a locked thread. Thats what pernilla did or w/e her face was.

Theres a difference between a little government intervention and a monarchy.

We don't want the latter
You dont "really" have a choice in moderator... but it's interesting that you would mention that... Maybe something we as moderators could do is have a poll for the players to choose from a selection of moderators... sorta like an election, but I feel that may not go so well, for either side.

So I've read the goodbye thread Barefoot has posted and it really does seem he was a very good moderator here, but with that being said hopefully you you wont "crap out" on the next moderator you get.

P.S. my poll is crap because I dont make many of them, and besides, I'm pretty sure many of you resent moderators anyway... they all suck no? Speaking of sucking....nevermind. Take care guys. Keep replying to this thread... You can pay homage to Barefoot while you're here.

Old 11-02-2007, 15:14   #11
Takquer2.0
Banned

Quote:
You dont "really" have a choice in moderator... but it's interesting that you would mention that... Maybe something we as moderators could do is have a poll for the players to choose from a selection of moderators... sorta like an election, but I feel that may not go so well, for either side.

So I've read the goodbye thread Barefoot has posted and it really does seem he was a very good moderator here, but with that being said hopefully you you wont "crap out" on the next moderator you get.

P.S. my poll is crap because I dont make many of them, and besides, I'm pretty sure many of you resent moderators anyway... they all suck no? Speaking of sucking....nevermind. Take care guys. Keep replying to this thread... You can pay homage to Barefoot while you're here.
Wait no, do that election thing. Or at least post available moderators who could take over this forum.

Royalite is a mod isnt she? Why not give us her
Old 11-02-2007, 15:17   #12
Starshine
SleepyMod

Quote:
Wait no, do that election thing. Or at least post available moderators who could take over this forum.

Royalite is a mod isnt she? Why not give us her
Hmmmm... this is just a guess, but Royalite has other duties, but I can definitely get a list of probable moderators for you... I'm not sure how much weight your vote would carry, but at least you can determine your own fate... mwahahahaha!

Old 11-02-2007, 15:28   #13
LostBunny
Sad Bunny

LostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond reputeLostBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Your poll sucks (Being a lil sarcastic since most your choices list the word =) ) I wanted to pick #1 choice, but I won't because I don't feel they sucked, they just...... left

Actually the last two moderators I liked.

Pernilla was a good mod she just didn't really know us or how we are and she went a little overboard with it all at first. She was starting to lighten up, and fit in so I wouldn't have minded her staying at all.

Barefoot well I just love that guy he was awesome. friendly, talkative, very helpful and let us be us and laughed along with us. Very sad day when he left here as our moderator. You should bribe him to return in my opinion

So I in no way think the above two moderators failed here at all since it is hoped they continue on with us and chat as friends. Their offline lifes just required them to depart as moderators for us.

Edited to add - Royalite would make an awesome mod for us, we all know and love her sadly it's against their rules for a moderator to mod the forum of the server they play on.
Name: Xena71 Class: Water 112
Name: CherryBerry Class: Fire 127 FIXED ALL MAGIC SKILLS!!
Name: Cherokee Class: Warrior 94
Y Moderator of Nothing anymore. Take care all and God Bless Hugs

YYI Y TeddybearsYY

Last edited by LostBunny; 11-02-2007 at 15:31.
LostBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 15:34   #14
Starshine
SleepyMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBunny View Post
Your poll sucks (Being a lil sarcastic since most your choices list the word =) ) I wanted to pick #1 choice, but I won't because I don't feel they sucked, they just...... left

Actually the last two moderators I liked.

Pernilla was a good mod she just didn't really know us or how we are and she went a little overboard with it all at first. She was starting to lighten up, and fit in so I wouldn't have minded her staying at all.

Barefoot well I just love that guy he was awesome. friendly, talkative, very helpful and let us be us and laughed along with us. Very sad day when he left here as our moderator. You should bribe him to return in my opinion

So I in no way think the above two moderators failed here at all since it is hoped they continue on with us and chat as friends. Their offline lifes just required them to depart as moderators for us.

Edited to add - Royalite would make an awesome mod for us, we all know and love her sadly it's against their rules for a moderator to mod the forum of the server they play on.
It's very understandable that players getting attached to a moderator they like turn cold when he/she leaves. Moving forward, the person that gets appointed into this position to replace Barefoot in this case has very big shoes to fill. Each moderator has their own way of doing things, and that could be good or bad for your server. I'd hope that the players here would at least give the newly appointed moderator a chance... who knows, it could even be me! :P

Old 11-02-2007, 15:40   #15
OriginSword

OriginSword is a name known to allOriginSword is a name known to allOriginSword is a name known to allOriginSword is a name known to allOriginSword is a name known to allOriginSword is a name known to all
Quote:
Why do moderators fail here, Just wondering...
thats not totally true, we liked barefoot, he was good, he didnt smack us down too often and was willing to help, and listen

he didnt go all power tripping nazi mod on us, didnt move/delete/edit our threads like some would and he listened... like when he offered to help us with the sitespammers and encouraged us to post there

any mod who comes here has to have patience, (cause we are trying) strength (cause we will eat them alive if they are wuss) without being powertripping (cause then we would ignore them, harass them and burn thar house down) someone with experience (pernilla was nice but i think she needed more experience before being dumped with us) and NOT Queer (eurochic has left us with a bad impression of mods RWAR)

these are the mods i have had interactions with... but i have heard about blackbolt being a bad one... i am sure others know more and can post why they wouldnt be acceptable

and as for royal.... sorry guys, but i think it would be mean to put her in that position... she knows to many of us, and the minute she deleted/warned/edited/moved a thread everyone would be yelling at her

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: