The damage is too low, don't care much for looks 0 0%
The damage is fine but the looks are booring 9 42.86%
Don't change anything I love them the way they are 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 02:10   #1
Akta

Akta is an unknown quantity at this point
Bring the twohanders back into the game! Now with a poll

Hey I doubt people will recognize me after not having played for over 2 years but I'm back and rocking jail with my sweet longhammer! I'm sorry that was a lie, I've been doing 1's to just about everyone, in fact you can't rock anything with the twohanders in CO2 at the moment.

In a game where stats are what determines the outcome of battle, how is it that all that seperates a twohander at lvl 130 from a club at 130 is about 20 min dmg and 1000 max dmg? Take that and add to it the fact that you lose out on 2 sockets. And now ask yourselves if you think that's fair.

In most other rpgs there's a huge difference in onehander and twohander dmg output and or the abilities that come with the different weapon styles, while in conquer the damage is about the same and the abilities are not even worth mentioning.

If this wasn't enough *****ing for your ears here's some more; What about looks? How is it that blades, swords and clubs get different models/effects just about every lvl from 120-130 whereas the twohanders look the same from 115-130 that's a whole lot of weapon upgrades where you don't get that new fresh look that you've been dying to get!

So what is my suggestion?

1. Raise the damage of twohanders in CO, or lower that of the onehanders, to make them a viable option for players and bring em back for everyone to enjoy. Alternatively remake the skills xept snow, leave snow alone, so that they have amazing effect like stun or not being able to jump etc I could even go for a nice active skill.

2. For gods sake do something about the looks, I'm not looking forward to upgrading my longhammer from 115-130 without seeing a change in effect or model.

And why would you do this?

1. You would see an increase in twohander usage which would break this dull situation where everyone runs around with blades, clubs and swords.

2. The new models of highlvl twohanders would get everyone excited, one of the things that got me disappointed when I got back was the fact that appart from all the new stuff which I had no clue about, like ninjas wtf?!, there were no new models for weapons etc, it would be nice to marvel at something new

ps. As for the guy claiming I don't have a fan / have a bad fan: Yes it might be true my super +2 fan might not be on par with the 2 socket +12s but what you're saying has no value whatsoever since even if I got a 2 socket +12 fan the people without 2 handers also have them and thus they cancel eachother out dmg wise, and we're back to square one, too low base damage.
-------

That's all folks let me know what you think about this suggestion and if I've overlooked some other suggestion which covers this topic be sure to curse me out and let me know! Thanks for reading see you in game Akta out
Old 06-17-2009, 03:00   #2
DanMurphy's
iSpoon

Location: I come from a land down under, where beer flows and men chunder. cant u hear, cant u hear that thunder? you better run you better take cover
DanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond repute
i would like a new look for 2h weps from 115 to 130

but i unno bout the dmg suggestion.

gr0g ~ 130-115+ Fire-Fire - dead

Canada ~ 110-131 Water-Archer - dead

~Avenger~ ~ 130 Trojan -dead

used ~ 130-130 Trojan-Warrior -

Swift*N*Silent ~ 130-130-131+ Ninja-Ninja-Fire-Ninja-War-Fire semi alive

kthnxbyeco
DanMurphy's is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 03:04   #3
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
I can't really agree on the damage that is dealt, but I definitely agree that there should be a new look!

For this to be recommended 50+ and 80% of the votes would have to be for 1 of the two suggestions.
Having 80% of the votes for A, B and C does not meet the approval rate.
Having 80% of the votes for A and C or A and B DOES meet the approval rate.

Hope the reason for it is self explanatory.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13   #4
~Zesty~
Im A Girl

~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute
I dont agree on raising dmg stats for 2hs or lowering dmg stats for 1hs.

U and only u get to choose ur weapon or weapons.
Each weapon has a unique skill.... they advantage the player in differant areas from phy attack to lvling efficency.

Example:
Blade...1h...has fb skill....excellent for skilled user as a pking attack but the skill doesnt aid in lvling with mobs.

Wand...2h..has snow skill...excellent in lvling to gain good exp because u can kill all surrounding mobs at once,very good for wars lvling sm for instance to keep numbers up for continues sm......as a pking weapon/skill....not so good.
..also sheild for war cannot be equiped while wearing wand so they lose defence protection..but gain in lvling exp.

Choose ur main wepaon to match ur gameplay...if u pk a lot and want the power in a weapon for that purpose,then choose a wep and skill for that wep to match.

When ur lvling,choose an alt weapon for this area depending on the class u have ect to wat u choose.

If u dont like the stats on a 2h or their skill..then dont choose to use it.

Although the graphics and looks of all weps could be improved..but that has nothing to do with changing dmg stats.

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned
~Zesty~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 07:34   #5
Akta

Ok, so wands are good for leveling, what can the other 2handers do? Your point being that you use different weapons for different occations, so can you name a good occation for the spear skill for example? or maybe the glavie skill?

You also point out that you choose your weapons yourself, and that is correct, but don't you agree that it'd be a whole lot funnier if you could choose between weapons that are equally balanced in both damage and skill? Right now there is no active skill for twohanders at all while onehanders have 2 options, blade or swords, and I won't mention herc here since dualwield is a whole other topic.

I'm not saying all that needs fixing is the 2handers, I'd like to see something happen to hooks, hammers and daggers as well so you get some flavour in this otherwise onesided dish that we call conquer online!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:46   #6
~Zesty~
Im A Girl

~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akta View Post
Ok, so wands are good for leveling, what can the other 2handers do? Your point being that you use different weapons for different occations, so can you name a good occation for the spear skill for example? or maybe the glavie skill?

You also point out that you choose your weapons yourself, and that is correct, but don't you agree that it'd be a whole lot funnier if you could choose between weapons that are equally balanced in both damage and skill? Right now there is no active skill for twohanders at all while onehanders have 2 options, blade or swords, and I won't mention herc here since dualwield is a whole other topic.

I'm not saying all that needs fixing is the 2handers, I'd like to see something happen to hooks, hammers and daggers as well so you get some flavour in this otherwise onesided dish that we call conquer online!
Spear weapon with speed gun skill is the best choice for lvling a water in tg.

For instance,when i made my main tros weps....it was expensive.
She ( in short) uses reborn sup blade and sup club..the prices for these were well over the price for lets say a sup hammer or dagger....but now u want to make those weps equally in damage as lets say my club?.....no ty.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:01   #7
Akta

Did I say I wanted them to be equal in damage? I want them to be equally balanced, that's not saying I want them to have the same stats but I want them to be on par with eachother in a fight, don't you?

Don't you find it boring that everyone uses blades swords and clubs? If the weapons were fine and dandy like you say wouldn't we see people running around with a hammer, glaive or a hook for other purposes xept looking stupid?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:04   #8
oxigen
a Legend

oxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond repute
i would welcome if ppl used different weapon combos too

Botjail General Pardon petition... i am so pissed

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics....even if you win you're still retarded."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SioKanla View Post
When TQ thinks they **** it up :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
If you feel you have to cheat to win, why would you even play?
oxigen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 08:06   #9
~Zesty~
Im A Girl

Quote:
Did I say I wanted them to be equal in damage? I want them to be equally balanced, that's not saying I want them to have the same stats but I want them to be on par with eachother in a fight, don't you?

Don't you find it boring that everyone uses blades swords and clubs? If the weapons were fine and dandy like you say wouldn't we see people running around with a hammer, glaive or a hook for other purposes xept looking stupid?
No i dont want them to be on par with each other in a fight...because i payed a lot more for my weps then lets say some1 with a hammer or dagger.

I do see some peeps using ur listed alt weps..the ones that cant afford to have the others....nothing is ever going to be equal....theres always a scale of the best...the good...the ok....the not so ok..and the pretty crappy.

Just make sure u dont make a crappy choice for the purpose u want the wep for as a player.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:12   #10
DanMurphy's
iSpoon

Location: I come from a land down under, where beer flows and men chunder. cant u hear, cant u hear that thunder? you better run you better take cover
DanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond reputeDanMurphy's has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

i use sword, dagger, blade, club and when im bored a pole axe D=

ppl use them cause they the best choice and they sexy

ppl who choose teh lame weps r just....stupid >.<

gr0g ~ 130-115+ Fire-Fire - dead

Canada ~ 110-131 Water-Archer - dead

~Avenger~ ~ 130 Trojan -dead

used ~ 130-130 Trojan-Warrior -

Swift*N*Silent ~ 130-130-131+ Ninja-Ninja-Fire-Ninja-War-Fire semi alive

kthnxbyeco
DanMurphy's is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 08:16   #11
Akta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zesty~ View Post
No i dont want them to be on par with each other in a fight...because i payed a lot more for my weps then lets say some1 with a hammer or dagger.

I do see some peeps using ur listed alt weps..the ones that cant afford to have the others....nothing is ever going to be equal....theres always a scale of the best...the good...the ok....the not so ok..and the pretty crappy.

Just make sure u dont make a crappy choice for the purpose u want the wep for as a player.
Ok, so first of all, assumptions that people who play with 2handers and other unconventional items don't up them with dbs etc.. Back in the day 3-4 years ago you only upped your weapons with dbs there weren't any supers for us to buy so quit your whining about how you struggle to get the items you want.

And the fact that you upped your rb blade, well that was your choice? what's that got to do with this?

And secondly so basically you're saying that you want an even more monotonous game and that nothing can be balanced? That's funny I thought all other rpgs struggle to, and some succeed in, making the weapons, fighting styles etc balanced. That's what they have patches for.

So yea, lets have a game where nothing ever changes and everyone runs around with clubs blades and swords, that sounds like fun!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18   #12
Akta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMurphy's View Post
i use sword, dagger, blade, club and when im bored a pole axe D=

ppl use them cause they the best choice and they sexy

ppl who choose teh lame weps r just....stupid >.<
Yes I know they're stupid and my suggestion is about making them better but thanks for fighting the good fight and using something other than swords, clubs and dagger
Old 06-17-2009, 08:20   #13
oxigen
a Legend

oxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond reputeoxigen has a reputation beyond repute
they could at least have more fun look or more frequently activated skills (which are lame to begin with) its just so boring everyone uses the same 3

Botjail General Pardon petition... i am so pissed

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics....even if you win you're still retarded."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SioKanla View Post
When TQ thinks they **** it up :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
If you feel you have to cheat to win, why would you even play?
oxigen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 10:13   #14
mangaflames

mangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond reputemangaflames has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zesty~ View Post
Spear weapon with speed gun skill is the best choice for lvling a water in tg.

For instance,when i made my main tros weps....it was expensive.
She ( in short) uses reborn sup blade and sup club..the prices for these were well over the price for lets say a sup hammer or dagger....but now u want to make those weps equally in damage as lets say my club?.....no ty.
You do realize that other weapons such as scepters have the same att as a club... just a diff skill... ^.~
Old 06-17-2009, 19:49   #15
~Zesty~
Im A Girl

Quote:
Ok, so first of all, assumptions that people who play with 2handers and other unconventional items don't up them with dbs etc.. Back in the day 3-4 years ago you only upped your weapons with dbs there weren't any supers for us to buy so quit your whining about how you struggle to get the items you want.

And the fact that you upped your rb blade, well that was your choice? what's that got to do with this?

And secondly so basically you're saying that you want an even more monotonous game and that nothing can be balanced? That's funny I thought all other rpgs struggle to, and some succeed in, making the weapons, fighting styles etc balanced. That's what they have patches for.

So yea, lets have a game where nothing ever changes and everyone runs around with clubs blades and swords, that sounds like fun!

Ur assuming that i wasnt around over 3 yrs ago,which is wrong.

I dont see any whining from my side at all...just making a point about the cost that has been spent on weps of choice used now becuase of the attack and skill they have....all i see is that ur whining because ur choice of a hammer wep is not standing up against other peeps choice of weps and skills.

Ur not doing 1s to every1 because of ur wep...its the fact that ur char is way behind the updated gameplay.

All equips include in wat damage one player does to another..but at this point in the game the tails r the main focus on attack given to another player and damage taken...if uve been away for 2 yrs...then u prolly dont have 2 sup dbl skted tails with at least a +6 or 7 on them.....and that would be the reason that u r only doing 1s and gettin owned like ur a noob.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: