Old 09-12-2017, 11:01   #1
DonavonWD

DonavonWD is on a distinguished road
Is there a way to make the chat more readable?

Take a look at the screenshot. If you notice, it's quite hard to read because it's blending in with the background too much. I can read it, but you have to look at it for a few seconds. Is there a way to make it readable (other than changing it's color)? I looked in the client>ini folder but didn't find anything where I can make it bigger. Maybe there's a way to add shadow to the text? I don't want to use the pop out window because it's all squished together. If anyone knows a way to make it more readable, that'd be great. Thanks
DonavonWD is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2017, 12:11   #2
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to trunks006
you shouldn't try to edit the client.
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what colour is your nipples?[21:54]
[Friend]Taggerung speaks to Taunt: wow.[21:55]
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what u got saggy ones[21:55]

[Friend]xFallenAngelx speaks to Taggerung: ZAIN UR ****ING HUGE[11:25]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
trunks006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2017, 13:09   #3
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
you shouldn't try to edit the client.
They need to remove world chat, and put the message board back. The spam is ridiculous and that way people can look through and see what's for sell rather than it just being spam spam spam spam. Ofc a market/auction house would reduce this a lot as well. World chat is pretty pointless though besides spamming what you're selling even people talking **** now is just in BC not WC.

http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=761506

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 09-12-2017 at 13:13.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2017, 13:19   #4
gabriel30100

gabriel30100 is on a distinguished road
Enable chat save and read on chat log?

gabriel852

Tro -War 120

Centaur/Uglyducking/Alladin/Honor
gabriel30100 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2017, 14:35   #5
Etienne1
Bound User

Etienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonWD View Post

Take a look at the screenshot. If you notice, it's quite hard to read because it's blending in with the background too much. I can read it, but you have to look at it for a few seconds. Is there a way to make it readable (other than changing it's color)? I looked in the client>ini folder but didn't find anything where I can make it bigger. Maybe there's a way to add shadow to the text? I don't want to use the pop out window because it's all squished together. If anyone knows a way to make it more readable, that'd be great. Thanks
This thing happened when they changed the Font of the letters ingame and yeah highlighted the linked items, the only way possible for this to be readable is for them to changed it again.
Old 09-12-2017, 21:18   #6
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to trunks006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
They need to remove world chat, and put the message board back. The spam is ridiculous and that way people can look through and see what's for sell rather than it just being spam spam spam spam. Ofc a market/auction house would reduce this a lot as well. World chat is pretty pointless though besides spamming what you're selling even people talking **** now is just in BC not WC.
Sure, doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be file editing
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what colour is your nipples?[21:54]
[Friend]Taggerung speaks to Taunt: wow.[21:55]
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what u got saggy ones[21:55]

[Friend]xFallenAngelx speaks to Taggerung: ZAIN UR ****ING HUGE[11:25]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
trunks006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2017, 02:22   #7
Oddyzeus

Oddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel30100 View Post
Enable chat save and read on chat log?

It just goes there if you also have World Chatt enabled?

As far as i know everything is going into a txt data in your conquer folder than. And that **** can get big over time, especially with all the "spam".

Yasha Water-Warrior-WindWalker 130-130-140 (356 BP)
Oddyzeus Monk-Monk-Monk 130-130-140
EternalDarknezz Trojan-Warrior-Fire 130-130-133
Monk PVP Championship Europe 2nd Rank!
Conquer Online Veteran with Insane Skills!
Oddyzeus is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2017, 04:07   #8
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonWD View Post

I believe you can change the colour of chats based on category of chats, e.g. whisper one colour and talk another colour. It helps distinguish spam, but won't help if you want to scroll read world chat.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:44   #9
Locky
Boogey

Locky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond repute
Yea color change but perhaps with upcoming grahpics update it might become easier to read the chats, so just wait that out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: