Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 15:46   #61
Micdeath

Micdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Quite sure we were talking about 1.0 and it's transition towards 2.0 as a comparison. 2nd reborn came out with the whole 2.0 patch.
You're dead wrong.
CO 2.0 was released on Nov. 14, 2005.
Click here to see.
It actually came out in May 2006 to Dragon server ONLY, and was taken back down for a while, in which it didn't get open for all until Oct. 16, 2006
Click here to see.

Fire taos were useless, no damage and easily potted. Yea earrings were popular because they could be swapped between characters, albeit I never needed them because taos were easy enough to be owned. full super alone didn't take long as being the "average" gear. Damage on a super ring & 2 super non socket weapons was not enough to 1 hit an equal geared person, let alone higher geared.

Want to know what the common complaints was back then? Trojans are OP or Fire Taos were OP. Trojans came out on top because the OMGWTF damage numbers from SS, FB, or Herc.
Fire Taos were in 2nd place.

Also, you haz no reading skills too. I never said that just full super was enough to 1 hit, I said it was enough to be a threat on the field. 1 full 1 sock was enough to start 1-2 hit people.

I was not debating that equal geared people were a challenge to eachother, of course they were. (Albeit fb didn't do 30% more, it was just 100% back then). The thing is, "bulkers" usually had 4-5-6 +'s higher on their gear, with +9 being the maximum. They usually had super dragon gems too, to the point where bulked trojans one herced everything on the server.
You got me on the FB and SS. Going back it was =Weapon Damage, so 100% of your attack. As for the herc, you needed really good gear to one herc people. really good.

Balanced? Oh God, how much have you been dreaming? Archers were pretty good, because intensify rapid actually did quite a bit of damage. Pr 120+ boots, they actually did fair damage too, but not enough to compete. Taos have never been balanced. An equal geared fire tao doing about 500 damage? Hell, in most occasions, their guard was way more dangerous. Warriors were too weak damage wise, and their armor got owned by a few super dragon gems. Only xp shield made them a tank, but in general, not worth it.

You chose to use rapid+intensify as your example of archers being good? Really?
I'll use my old 20k archer damage as an example.
Intensify first, brought it to 70,000, rapid fire mod brings it to 210,000, and it fired in 7 shots, so each shot was 30k. Now the target has a non +'ed boots that are super. which is 70 dodge, brings down the power of each arrow to 9,000, minus the armor of say a super only warrior with helm.
Brings it down to 5,865 per arrow. Or a total of 41,055 damage. Yes, this combo was really good. WHEN YOU COULD PULL IT OFF. Standing still in pvp for 5 seconds was suicide, but when you could do it, it was awesome.
So lets bring it down to earth, and use basic attacks and scatter. same boots.
Basic damage per arrow was: 2,865 per hit, still respectable for 120 no + boots.
Scatter was 1,185. Still respectable for AOE dmg in GW. Assuming nobody had + boots and all had 120 boots.

What about the lvl 120+ boots? hmm This is where archer goes down hill.
124 boots: Super has 77
129 boots: Super has 84
Int+Rapid damage
124 boots: 3,765 per arrow or 26,355 total
129 boots: 1,665 per arrow, or 11,655 total
Normal
124 boots: 1,465 per arrow
129 boots: 65 per arrow.
Scatter
124 boots: 177 damage.
129 boots: 1 dmg.
Granted, the 129 boots didn't come out till co 2.0 was released.
A +5 120 boots was the same as 124 boots, and a +9 120 boots was the same as 129 boots., +5 124 boots were the same as 129 boots. and +9 124 boots was 91% damage reduce. which was just 1's. No matter if you used intensify-rapid or not.
So yhea, Archers could compete, but due to the 1 sec per scatter limit, everybody would just out pot the damage really easy, and single target dmg was nice, if you could stand still do attack.
They had a great role in GW. Killing waters and stunning people. A side effect was killing the lowbies who happen to jump in.

Don't let the young one school you if you plan to make yourself look like a teacher.
It is a phrase. But hey, I am teaching you something. History.

Dbs were only 1m for a short while, but it raised quickly afterwards.
This was always true for new servers. Since nobody had the high amount of gold, DB's, Mets, etc. were cheap as **** compared to older servers. To say that because DB's were 1-2 mill each at one point in the servers life cycle that they were useless is just idiotic.
So young'in, what else you got? eh eh?
Micdeath is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2012, 16:29   #62
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
It was more than a short while it was that way until lotto\mall came around. I started in 04 so a couple of years at least.

Last edited by Planes v1.0b; 11-26-2012 at 16:40.
Planes v1.0b is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2012, 17:43   #63
LetsBlaze#2
M0dified!

LetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micdeath View Post
ignore him, he is retarded....he doesn't even play the game to understand it
LetsBlaze#2 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58   #64
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Okay, my bad on the second reborn one. It's been quite long and I was still about 110 on my first warrior when 2.0 came out. I happened to have started on dragon before I switched to eagle, later to aquarius, so it could be that I mixed up dates.

The common complaint was that trojans were OP. That's it. Fires were never OP. There were always low geared BR's complaining that there was a fire hitting 1000's on them, but in general, no. They were not OP.

Warriors were considered weak because trojans had more defence (without the shield). And even with the shield, it made close to no difference because warriors needed the shield to make up for the lack of HP. Only with xp shield was a warrior able to compete in a fight with a trojan, but that was neglectable considering it's only up for a short time.

Most bulkers had good gear, so herc doing only 40% damage was still plenty for many, because damage went up faster than defence could keep up. At a certain time, a stigged fb did 3k more than the highest possible defence/hp matchup. Even xp shielders went down because they lacked hp.

Archer arrows had a soft dodge cap when going below 200 / arrow, requiring at least the fire-fire skill to bring it down to 12. The average archer damage on higher +'d boots users never went below 150ish. Dodge however, was still usefull back then. How much does it change? 300% dodge rating? So yea, archers did the capped 12.

I hope you referred your last comment to planes, because I disagreed with him there.

So yea, I don't mind chatting with an old geezer how 1.0 was, but don't think you are saying anything new. I most likely know everything you know, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBlaze#2 View Post
ignore him, he is retarded....he doesn't even play the game to understand it
Obviously I do, considering I got you and your mates butthurt. Where is your sharer buddy that challenged me and got his ass handed to him?

Sad that you act as if you ever had a chance just because I quit the game. But hey like you said before, I know GM's and am best buddies with that kanasai guy. We obviously cheated our way through everything and that 10-1 fb beating I gave your friend never happened! Oh wait, it did. And it was aimbot! Yes, aimbot! Cheating GM humping panda! Yea, that must be it!

Whatever blaze, you were never the brightest anyway.
~*panda*~ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2012, 03:57   #65
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Trojans were never OP. Not our fault that other classes were weak.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44   #66
LetsBlaze#2
M0dified!

LetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond reputeLetsBlaze#2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Okay, my bad on the second reborn one. It's been quite long and I was still about 110 on my first warrior when 2.0 came out. I happened to have started on dragon before I switched to eagle, later to aquarius, so it could be that I mixed up dates.

The common complaint was that trojans were OP. That's it. Fires were never OP. There were always low geared BR's complaining that there was a fire hitting 1000's on them, but in general, no. They were not OP.

Warriors were considered weak because trojans had more defence (without the shield). And even with the shield, it made close to no difference because warriors needed the shield to make up for the lack of HP. Only with xp shield was a warrior able to compete in a fight with a trojan, but that was neglectable considering it's only up for a short time.

Most bulkers had good gear, so herc doing only 40% damage was still plenty for many, because damage went up faster than defence could keep up. At a certain time, a stigged fb did 3k more than the highest possible defence/hp matchup. Even xp shielders went down because they lacked hp.

Archer arrows had a soft dodge cap when going below 200 / arrow, requiring at least the fire-fire skill to bring it down to 12. The average archer damage on higher +'d boots users never went below 150ish. Dodge however, was still usefull back then. How much does it change? 300% dodge rating? So yea, archers did the capped 12.

I hope you referred your last comment to planes, because I disagreed with him there.

So yea, I don't mind chatting with an old geezer how 1.0 was, but don't think you are saying anything new. I most likely know everything you know, if not more.

Obviously I do, considering I got you and your mates butthurt. Where is your sharer buddy that challenged me and got his ass handed to him?

Sad that you act as if you ever had a chance just because I quit the game. But hey like you said before, I know GM's and am best buddies with that kanasai guy. We obviously cheated our way through everything and that 10-1 fb beating I gave your friend never happened! Oh wait, it did. And it was aimbot! Yes, aimbot! Cheating GM humping panda! Yea, that must be it!

Whatever blaze, you were never the brightest anyway.
Rofl, i love wasting your time, tell it again, # life achievement
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59   #67
corey0092
The Dude

corey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
aren't half of your posts reporting every player on your server for "bad words"
Do you even play the game or just cry on the forum yourself?
I dont know if its even possible, but how about creating a forum section where people could write their suggestions, and other forum users could vote for them. And if any suggestion would be good some forum super mod could forward it to designers or someone. You could call it suggestions forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Im not saying that im a pedophile, im just saying that the age of consent should be 7
corey0092 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37   #68
LetsBlaze#2
M0dified!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey0092 View Post
Hey vidster-jedi, you mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidster-jedi
All of your reports are of players not really saying anything wrong. Unless it is an attack at religion or race across a public chat ie. world, broadcast; it won't be dealt with.
As far as talk chat goes, you blacklist the player if you do not want to hear them speak. I understand what you're doing, going on a side char attempting to get all of them banned for using foul language, but im just informing you it probably wont work.
Old 11-27-2012, 14:24   #69
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yep, wasting all my times! Dear God! But yea, "you never won anything" pretty much sums up our conversations anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey0092 View Post
Lol yea noticed that myself. Reminds me of when he actually reported someone for calling someone fat. Lulz were had, especially when you know this guy said so much worse. One, which he deleted quickly, showed him swearing at someone. He reported the answer the person gave back (which was of course, swearing back).
Old 11-27-2012, 15:23   #70
JimmySingh*new
Banned

JimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yep, wasting all my times! Dear God! But yea, "you never won anything" pretty much sums up our conversations anyway.

Lol yea noticed that myself. Reminds me of when he actually reported someone for calling someone fat. Lulz were had, especially when you know this guy said so much worse. One, which he deleted quickly, showed him swearing at someone. He reported the answer the person gave back (which was of course, swearing back).

what server r you? i think we'd love to transfer over there when it up
JimmySingh*new is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2012, 15:50   #71
Micdeath

Micdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Trojans had more effective armor, not more flat armor. Warriors won the flat armor ground. Trojans still took more damage, but not enough to offset the 15% HP bonus they got. So they had more effective armor. Because of just that.

This point I will agree on, as Defense had a hard lowball cap. Damage just went crazy high with stig and skills.

As a full archer back then, I never saw this soft cap. it was always a hard 1 to 1 damage reduction with dodge.
Arrow damage-(ArrowsDamage*Dodge)-Armor=Final Damage.
Like say I had 50 dodge, 100 armor and I did 200 Arrow Damage.
200-(200*0.5)-100=50 damage.

I am also curious where you get 12 dmg from, as full super the cap was 1, and full elite was 3.

Both of you in a sense.

Bring it on.

Youn'in.

My replies in red.
Old 11-27-2012, 17:18   #72
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmySingh*new View Post
what server r you? i think we'd love to transfer over there when it up
Oh I'm on plenty of servers. Dragon, Eagle>Aquarius and Royalty being a few of them. He was right about one thing tho, I quit. I'll be back for 3.0, so if you are interested, we'll meet there ;D

Quote:
My replies in red.
Did they now? I recall a 120 warrior armor had less armor than a 120 trojan armor, let alone the huge difference on magic resist on it. And yea that was my point too, the 15% hp bonus (+ more points in vitality) largely outweighted the defence a shield gave, and the xp shield was neglectable.

Good we agree on the herc part.

Yea the dodge cap got added later on, around '07. Maybe I'm going a bit too late when discussing the archer. I recall it came a few patches before "potency". Lowest damage went to 12 there.

Not sure what else there is left to discuss. I'm more curious right now to get info about 3.0 instead of reminiscing about "old 1.0 days".

Will, is there nothing at all that you can share with us?
Old 11-27-2012, 17:30   #73
Micdeath

Quote:
Oh I'm on plenty of servers. Dragon, Eagle>Aquarius and Royalty being a few of them. He was right about one thing tho, I quit. I'll be back for 3.0, so if you are interested, we'll meet there ;D

Did they now? I recall a 120 warrior armor had less armor than a 120 trojan armor, let alone the huge difference on magic resist on it. And yea that was my point too, the 15% hp bonus (+ more points in vitality) largely outweighted the defence a shield gave, and the xp shield was neglectable.

Good we agree on the herc part.

Yea the dodge cap got added later on, around '07. Maybe I'm going a bit too late when discussing the archer. I recall it came a few patches before "potency". Lowest damage went to 12 there.

Not sure what else there is left to discuss. I'm more curious right now to get info about 3.0 instead of reminiscing about "old 1.0 days".

Will, is there nothing at all that you can share with us?
Yhea the warrior armor had 19 more armor than trojan armor.

What made the difference between the two was the helms.
Warrior had 192 more armor over trojans coranets.
Though many used ears, so it didn't really matter.

Shield warriors are what separated the tank 1h warrior from the killer 2h warriors. At the time, warriors superman gave them 2x pvp damage. Was pure instantly at the gates. Go in, use wand, snow kills everybody attacking the gate.

2007 is way way later then. co2 was released back in 2005. :P
Old 11-27-2012, 17:48   #74
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
At the very end of 05 just barely missed 06, you didn't have to use the wayback machine to find that btw http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=146875 works fine.

Anyways, the reason it seems longer for me it turns out is because I went to job corps around that time so I missed pretty much the entirety of the first year it was out.

Actually judging from that date, I went to job corps just a bit before the cold months set in and got out a short bit after the following summer i do believe so yeah just about exactly the first year of it.

Last edited by Planes v1.0b; 11-27-2012 at 17:51.
Planes v1.0b is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48   #75
roflzinternets
kakarot

roflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond reputeroflzinternets has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to roflzinternets
Will this game be region locked ? I live in USA and want to play with EU players what will happen?
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=736259
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=733598
LOVE SONNE,Xang, FreshLeeBaked, annd SunnySkyy!
"tl;dr
Some people like to play support classes, some people like to play damage dealing classes. You're welcome.
P" - Promethean
roflzinternets is offline   Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: