Old 12-10-2009, 02:19   #1
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
The Monk: Community Review (Classic ed.)

What I want in this thread, is the players to state their expectations, hopes, and fears about the new Monk class that will be coming out next year.
I know there hasn't been much released yet, save for some skills and such, but I'm more concerned about your thoughts about what you are expecting from this next class, what you think it should include or be for, and any fears or concerns you have about its inclusion.

So that's what I want. This is your chance to really get your voices heard, and maybe we'll be able to make this one a fine addition to the team.

Now for you guys, the only special item I want to add would be, should the new class be included or not? I can already see the purists ready to pounce on that one, but you should honestly consider it, and have opinions or reasoning to support your thoughts. So, lets have it....
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 02:20   #2
meanno
KingTubby

meanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond reputemeanno has a reputation beyond repute
No the new class should not be added.

TQ going to have too much fun with it and it will be too OP'd.

KTHX, keep classic conquer as "classic" as possible.

Peace.

Liberty
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=707165

Ariadne speaks to All :
might be cause im missing.
Ariadne speaks to All :
yeah uh
Ariadne speaks to All :
this game does not recognize that
Ariadne speaks to All :
y=mx+b
KingJJaques speaks to All :
LOOOLLLLLLL

And she beat me to 10. (Twice) <3

Looked just like you
Strange thangs my imagination might do
Take a breath, reflect on what we been through
Or am I just goin' crazy 'cause I miss you?
meanno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 02:38   #3
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE
勒茲萬

BanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond repute
We didn't wanted not even the ninja in classic co and now u wanna add a new class?

Come on Hemp, sincerly, what do u understand from the word "classic" ?

A little example : Here

Do u see any of those modified in a way or another? NO. Are simple classic.
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 02:43   #4
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
You're not contributing to the discussion by just saying "no". How about providing an actual reason?
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 03:02   #5
Noxette~10

Noxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
What I want in this thread, is the players to state their expectations, hopes, and fears about the new Monk class that will be coming out next year.
I know there hasn't been much released yet, save for some skills and such, but I'm more concerned about your thoughts about what you are expecting from this next class, what you think it should include or be for, and any fears or concerns you have about its inclusion.

So that's what I want. This is your chance to really get your voices heard, and maybe we'll be able to make this one a fine addition to the team.

Now for you guys, the only special item I want to add would be, should the new class be included or not? I can already see the purists ready to pounce on that one, but you should honestly consider it, and have opinions or reasoning to support your thoughts. So, lets have it....
No. The monk class was meant to counter the OPness of Ninja, as I understand it. So, in classic the Ninjas aren't exactly OP, given that they don't have fog. All we need is for TFB to be nerfed to 100% damage, and were good. We don't need or want monks. All it will do is mess the server up further.
Noxette~10 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 03:08   #6
Endet
You think?

Endet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond repute
Simple no. The reason is the skill sheet itself since most of the skills are OP. Especially this one:
Whirlwind Kick: Kicks and sends all nearby targets into the air and pummels them furiously. Effective against flying targets as well. Total number hits are random each time the skill is activated.

In CCO where theres no BP to save your ass, a good geared Monk will just use WhirlWind all the time and even one hit will most likely be enough to 1-hit-ko. See the problem?

The other problem, though not as major in my eyes as WW, is Limbo skill. Once you get back, the Monk will just resend you. You see the problem right there. It will need a 10min cool down IMO atleast, not less rather more than that. In GW that skill will doom everyone who doesn't play a Monk, it will basically be Limbo fighting. xD Who sends who 1st wins.

I think Monk shouldn't be added at all, unless they give them a skill like FB/SS with just different graphics and name. Otherwise theres no point, excpet ofcourse if it comes a "3rd tao" class.

Last edited by Endet; 12-10-2009 at 09:16. Reason: typoooooh!
Endet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 03:12   #7
Noxette~10

Noxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~10 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endet View Post
Simple no. The reason is the skill sheet itself since most of the skills are OP. Especially this one:
Whirlwind Kick: Kicks and sends all nearby targets into the air and pummels them furiously. Effective against flying targets as well. Total number hits are random each time the skill is activated.

In CCO where theres no BP to save your ass, a good geared Monk will just use WhirlWind all the time and even one hit will most likely be enough to 1-hit-ko. See the problem?

The other problem, though not as major in my eyes as WW, is Limbo skill. Once you get back, the Monk will just resend you. You see the problem right there. It will need a 10min cool down IMO atleast, not less rather more than that. In GW that skill will doom everyone who doesn't play a Monk, it will basically be Limbo fighting. xD Who sends who 1st wins.

I think Monk shouldn't be added at all, unless they give them a skill like FB/SS with just different graphics and name. Otherwise theres no point, excpet ofcourse if it comes a "3th tao" class.
^ What he said. Also lol @ red bit.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:27   #8
Ulquiorra*
Ambush

Ulquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond reputeUlquiorra* has a reputation beyond repute
People here are not playing Classic before it's 'classic' (we all know it's not) but we're playing it to avoid the bad updates that 2.0 has (fans etc).

Since this has been achieved somewhat, we already have the ninja, why not another class? i'm perfectly fine with it, as long as it doesn't come with any stupid OP things like toxic fog, or anything to piss the server off. I'm sure others agree with me too.

What type of class is a Monk? is it a half magic half melee class? if so, i think that would suck, it woulden't be as strong as a melee class, it wouldent be as strong as a magic class, not too good.

They really should fix up other classes, add more skills to a warrior, add better XP skills to water/fire/archers etc, before adding a new damn class.
Ulquiorra* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 03:37   #9
Noxette~10

Hey hemp, put a poll in you noob.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:26   #10
Miyavi
Tecu

Miyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond reputeMiyavi has a reputation beyond repute
From what I heard, countering the ninja skill Toxic Fog is pretty much all Monks are good for.

Since there's no toxic fog on CCO, I can't really see a reason to add this class in game.

On top of that, I'd like CCO to not to be updated at all. Just to prevent it from becoming another CO 2.0

Botting is bad, mmmkay?

LoveHateLegend speaks to Miyavi: god damn you're a good fire
Miyavi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 04:36   #11
Raiujin
Banned

Raiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason98123 View Post
Here are the new features and the skills of Monk. We need your suggestions.

Features:
Monks are dedicated martial artists who have honed their bodies and minds to become fierce hand-to-hand combatants.
Apart from their martial prowess, they are also masters of the spiritual realm, capable of relieve teammates of adverse statuses.
Not needed as we do not have toxic fog

Weapon:
Prayer Beads

Auxiliary Skills:
Serenity: Dispells all abnormal statuses affecting your person.
Tranquility: Relieves another player of all abnormal statuses.
Sanctuary: Relieves all nearby teammates of all abnormal statuses.
Note: Abnormal Status include Toxic Fog from Ninjas, Stun, Fear, Freeze, etc.

Again not needed

Tyrant Aura: Increases the Critical Hit Rate of you and nearby teammates by 5. Not Stackable. Only 1 Aura may be active at a time.
Fend Aura: Increases the Anti Critical Hit Rate of you and nearby teammates by 5. Not Stackable. Only 1 Aura may be active at a time.
Elemental Aura: Increases your defense against a specific element type. There are five types of Elemental Auras, each targeting one element (Water, Metal, Fire, Earth, Wood).
Note: Not Stackable. Only 1 Aura effect may be active at a time.

These seem interesting but! these aren't classic therefore we should not have it

Specialty Skill:
Oblivion: Banishes the target soul to Limbo. Effective only on players with lower Battle Power.Limbo is a physical map, and players must run back to their previous map.
Most effective against those pesky Water Taoists.

For the classic servers to have a classic feeling Battle Power should not be required to survive

Attack Skills:
Crippling Palm: Drags the target from a distance to yourself and stuns the target for a while. Its success rate is determined by the Battle Power gap between you and the target. Can not drag targets with 200 or more Battle Power than you.

Battle power issue again. I can also see this being an over powering skill which is not wanted

Radiant Palm: Melee attack. Deals extra damage to a stunned target.

Not sure on this one, we have no idea on the attack stats it has. My hope is that it isn't all that much to prevent it from being over powering. Could be an interesting skill though.

XP Skill:
Compassion: During XP, each monster killed will change the color of one bead. After XP ends, you'll gain massive amount of extra EXP, which is calculated through multiplying your EXP gained during XP by how many orbs have changed color.If all 32 Bears change color during XP, multiply your EXP by 100.
All new classes seem to have an XP skill for lvling. Trojans, Waters, Fires and Archers do not (Unless a certain reborn path allows it) Although we don't want them here I think that this skill should be removed in general to make the monks a little more balanced compared to the amount of skills they have.
With all my criticism monks do seem interesting but they do not belong on the classic servers.
Let the 2.0 servers enjoy them.
Raiujin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 04:36   #12
Leeeeeeeee

Leeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond reputeLeeeeeeeee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endet View Post

I think Monk shouldn't be added at all, unless they give them a skill like FB/SS with just different graphics and name. Otherwise theres no point, excpet ofcourse if it comes a "3th tao" class.

^ says it all

Binni needs to spend less time "random thing" more time huntin polar bear

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=612049
Leeeeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 04:38   #13
Shakua
Renogade

Shakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond repute
i dont see how limbo would even work considering it supposed be based on potency :S

but that be interesting finaly have a melee class who can hit archers
Uktabi~Wildcat 130 trojan

Lol im now the oldest trojan/archer in sapphire/emerald put together

few noobs in liberty
Shakua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 05:33   #14
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE
勒茲萬

BanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
You're not contributing to the discussion by just saying "no". How about providing an actual reason?
The reason is clear and i wonder why u even ask this here.

NO beacuse this is Classic. There we don't need and want nothing else in + then it is now.

Instead to think to ADD more thing to a Classic u sould consider more to make it real Classic, in the real sense of the word.

Can't u realize that if u add a single new thing is not Classic anymore?

REMOVE BP,LOTO,CPS,MENTOR,NINJA ETC. AND MAKE IT CLASSIC IN THE REAL SENSE OF THE WORD.

P.S : U got ur money from this wannabe Classic now u should consider to give us and a real co1 server.
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2009, 06:33   #15
Wootzeh

Wootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond reputeWootzeh has a reputation beyond repute
Ninjas shouldn't even be on the server, let alone some shitty ass monks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: