Old 11-01-2007, 21:47   #1
Hedonist
Banned

Hedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond repute
Veppie as the boy who cried wolf

I don't know about you but I've come to regard Carlos as the boy who cried wolf. Every time I see his posts I've simply taken to regarding them as bizarre jokes no longer even considering the possibility that they could be serious. But now I'm wondering what if Carlos for some strange reason decides he wants a serious post, that he wants to be taken serious (highly unlikely I know) but when / if it happens, how will we respond... oh well random food for thought.

Oh yeah real reason I wanted to make this the Fur thread got closed before I could reply, when I looked at the videos I gained the impression that Carlos was faking sincerity for whatever reason... now that I think about it was he? or was he actually serious? Oh well whatever. Anyways as a former vegan ( 3 years of animal rights propaganda experience as I like to think of it) I can honestly say, I feel no shame or sympathy towards animals used for fur, they aren't special, we can't attach human consciousness or emotion to them just to create some moral high ground for activists and you know I no longer see a justified reason to attach sympathy to them. Go figure the former vegan is the pro-fur guy anyways blah... reply with whatever comes to mind after reading my wall o' text
Hedonist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2007, 21:57   #2
Vepaot
Vladishun

Vepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Vepaot Send a message via MSN to Vepaot Send a message via Yahoo to Vepaot
Yes I was serious. But my ideas differ from that of fur lovers and animal rights zealots. Animals can be used for fur, I don't care about that because Native Americans and most other cultures at one point or another skinned animals for clothing. While that's not the case anymore, we've "evolved" and can produce synthetic materials for clothing. Being such "evolved" beings, there is no point in grabbing an animal by it's tail and throwing it to the ground, then stomping on it's head. If you're going to kill it, do it fast, and do it semi painlessly.

As for your spew about crying wolf, I never said I was serious. You all did. I see myself as a jokester, you're all just part of the prank.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44   #3
Stealth
STORM

Stealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Stealth
We act as if we're the most intelligent lifeform in the universe, that things we do to lesser beings doesn't count. This might sound a bit f'ing stupid, but imagine if there was a more intelligent, more advanced race. One that found a use in skinning us. To them, we're just products, as animals are to us. Think about that dude, I seriously doubt you'd happily be skinned alive but yea..that's just food for thought. It's too easy to say yeah who cares if it's someone else, or something else. Just think for a minute if it was you though.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:05   #4
scotty g
Troll?

scotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond reputescotty g has a reputation beyond repute
/serious!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:06   #5
roxanne
glimmerous

roxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to roxanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty g View Post
/serious!
/spam?
You came and you took this heart
And set it free.
roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 06:12   #6
Trotter
Meh

Trotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond reputeTrotter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Trotter Send a message via MSN to Trotter Send a message via Yahoo to Trotter
//
Old 11-02-2007, 15:29   #7
Vepaot
Vladishun

Vepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond reputeVepaot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Vepaot Send a message via MSN to Vepaot Send a message via Yahoo to Vepaot
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanne View Post
/spam?
Way to 15 year old the hell out of a topic.
Old 11-02-2007, 15:50   #8
Stealth
STORM

Stealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond reputeStealth has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
Way to 15 year old the hell out of a topic.
Cheap, cheap.
Old 11-02-2007, 15:54   #9
Vepaot
Vladishun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Cheap, cheap.
I knew I'd get you to respond before she'd chime in.

You're so easy to manipulate. Your woman is your weak spot.
Old 11-02-2007, 18:04   #10
Stealth
STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
I knew I'd get you to respond before she'd chime in.

You're so easy to manipulate. Your woman is your weak spot.
It has been for years dude, no new news there

Oh but in my defence I'm 16...so how come I'm not geting trash talked :O
Old 11-02-2007, 18:08   #11
Keebler

Keebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond reputeKeebler has a reputation beyond repute
They should make vaccination for people like you guys...

'Boredom and artificial power does weird things to people.'
Temple Artemis (on vacation)
Keebler-, 130-130-131 tro-war-tro (main)
OmiGoSh!, 122-123-126 tro-war-fire (Access[retired])
Oreo, 125-130-126, pure blood tro (retired/given too Omi)
Crunchflop, 112-112 wat-wat (stigger/rev'r)

Centaur
Keebler, 80+ tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitSNACK View Post
who cares if you kill someone because of there race? its not like brs are people any way.
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 21:42   #12
Hedonist
Banned

Hedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond reputeHedonist has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
We act as if we're the most intelligent lifeform in the universe, that things we do to lesser beings doesn't count. This might sound a bit f'ing stupid, but imagine if there was a more intelligent, more advanced race. One that found a use in skinning us. To them, we're just products, as animals are to us. Think about that dude, I seriously doubt you'd happily be skinned alive but yea..that's just food for thought. It's too easy to say yeah who cares if it's someone else, or something else. Just think for a minute if it was you though.
Trust me I spent 3 years justifying a diet of fruit, vegetables, and grains (to put that in perspective thats no chocolate (the beans are vegan, most processed chocolates aren't), no descent baked goods, no normal pizza, tacos etc. for over a 1,000 days). So I've heard every argument, every appeal to emotion, or rationality you can think of but I can honestly say I'm not guilty anymore. I'll admit the what if it were you argument is probably among the more compelling of them but the truth of the matter is, those animals being skinned just aren't human. They aren't conscious in the same way, aware in the same way and to treat them as if they were just to gain some moral ground just doesn't seem justified. We can put ourselves into the point of view of the animal but the truth is they aren't the same.

Just to make an additional point, I don't know how aware people are about how hypocritical the argument against fur is coming from a non-vegan. To claim that its immoral or wrong to smash one animal against the floor (chickens), to hang one animal upside down by 1 foot, 3 feet off the ground and bleed them while there still alive (cows) or to electrocute and prod them (pigs) is wrong while its ok for other animals (like the animals in brackets) is just really hypocritical. And to justify it on the grounds that there for food so its ok, is as weak as claiming that its not ok to use fur because there are ethical alternatives, because there are ethical alternatives to meat. So standing on the middle ground and preaching against 1 form of injustice while blatantly committing another similar injustice is just not for lack of a better word realistic.

So if you want to stop fur, you want to stop animal cruelty, start looking at what you yourself are doing and what you can control. As Mahatma Gandhi once said "you must be the change you wish to see in the world" and well not much changes when you argue against injustice but blatantly commit it. As a wise man once said its one thing to be aware of your problems, its another to actively do something to fix them.

Well theres my wall O' text reply

Ps. I'm listening to part of some German song and I don't know its name but I love it, anyone know any songs that go... Yo Shannabolt, On etta Anna Anna Hetta Hown, Oh Cabanna ... and it just goes on like that?

Last edited by Hedonist; 11-02-2007 at 21:45.
Hedonist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 22:27   #13
Fitzy
Oldschool

Fitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond reputeFitzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Fitzy
The song is Boten Anna by Basshunter, and its swedish actually

For Video Clip With English Subtitles

Temple Artemis
Bones~ - Quit and sold

'For Of All Sad Words Of Tongue And Pen
The Saddest Are These: It Might Have Been'

Last edited by Fitzy; 11-02-2007 at 22:44.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 22:38   #14
roxanne
glimmerous

roxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond reputeroxanne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to roxanne
Vep loves me =D
You came and you took this heart
And set it free.
roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2007, 03:09   #15
Vepaot
Vladishun

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanne View Post
Vep loves me =D
No? I blocked your MSN because you disproved my theory that you're not a total twip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: