Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2015, 05:32   #1
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I was hacked :(

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know me, or recognise me from around the forums or from years gone by.

This is my petty plea for sympathy and help.

Sometime late last year, around Nov/Dec I was hacked, and lost all my good gear I have no idea how this might have happened, as my account has been inactive at least a year before it happened, so I'd not been thinking about conquer, clicking links or doing anything except checking the forums every now and again.

I'm also on a Mac (so unlikely there's a virus) and am absolutely pedantic and meticulous when it comes to suspicious emails and websites.

So in short, I've got no idea how I got hacked, and this is most likely goodbye from me for good.

10+ years on the same character, countless hours spent fixing skills and proficiencies, time and thought into guides and figuring out game mechanics - all gone to some mysterious, and possibly extremely clever, hacker.

At least the contributions I've made will live on - I would say the greatest contribution to the community was proving the effects of weapon proficiency on attacks. That was fun.

Anyway, farewell friends (maybe). I may still lurk on the forums though.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 05:44   #2
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear that dude. I'm guessing you've tried the normal TQ channels and they've been unable to help. You seem like a genuinely decent guy willing to help people on these forums. Wish I could be of more help.

P
Old 03-21-2015, 05:51   #3
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Sorry to hear that dude. I'm guessing you've tried the normal TQ channels and they've been unable to help. You seem like a genuinely decent guy willing to help people on these forums. Wish I could be of more help.

P
Thanks,

Yeah, unfortunately I was hacked in December-ish last year (bound some VIP accounts in early Dec), and so it's been over 3 months and they can't really do anything about it.

I was just chatting to a guy on my server, he reckons that maybe someone noticed I had not logged on my account for a long time, and then filed a case and pretended they forgot all the info, and somehow managed to get the account.

Is this at all a possibility? Or is that too far fetched to actually happen? If so, of course, TQ would have a record of that happening... you'd hope.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:27   #4
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Thanks,

Yeah, unfortunately I was hacked in December-ish last year (bound some VIP accounts in early Dec), and so it's been over 3 months and they can't really do anything about it.

I was just chatting to a guy on my server, he reckons that maybe someone noticed I had not logged on my account for a long time, and then filed a case and pretended they forgot all the info, and somehow managed to get the account.

Is this at all a possibility? Or is that too far fetched to actually happen? If so, of course, TQ would have a record of that happening... you'd hope.
tq aint going to give info to someone who has barely no idea what's some of the info, like login acct or password.

took me almost a year to convince tq that im the real owner of an account with similar name of my main account and i have some of the info except security and email. and this with another 2yrs prior of email exchanges on my main;s email.

so i didnt change password for a year and nver put good gears until tq decided to give me email.

3 months, they should be able to trace it, except maybe if they do annual maintenance at end/beginning of year. still think they should have a backup.

keep pestering them.

also, stopped 5 yrs and my gears where intact, except i forgot login account on my alt char and i ant trace it thru my main's email.

lastly, you seemed to be pretty well known and helpful in forum. tq should help. it would be a big loss for the community.

Last edited by sundancerx; 03-21-2015 at 06:30.
sundancerx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 07:24   #5
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Try pming hemp. Perhaps he can at least help you understand what happened or perhaps who the thief was.

Sorry man, you seemed like a decent guy with great guides.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 07:26   #6
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
At least you have a good reason to quit this **** game now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 08:02   #7
Laricko

Laricko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Some of you may know me, or recognise me from around the forums or from years gone by.

This is my petty plea for sympathy and help.

Sometime late last year, around Nov/Dec I was hacked, and lost all my good gear I have no idea how this might have happened, as my account has been inactive at least a year before it happened, so I'd not been thinking about conquer, clicking links or doing anything except checking the forums every now and again.

I'm also on a Mac (so unlikely there's a virus) and am absolutely pedantic and meticulous when it comes to suspicious emails and websites.

So in short, I've got no idea how I got hacked, and this is most likely goodbye from me for good.

10+ years on the same character, countless hours spent fixing skills and proficiencies, time and thought into guides and figuring out game mechanics - all gone to some mysterious, and possibly extremely clever, hacker.

At least the contributions I've made will live on - I would say the greatest contribution to the community was proving the effects of weapon proficiency on attacks. That was fun.

Anyway, farewell friends (maybe). I may still lurk on the forums though.
I knew you. You were that dude from Sapphire who had fixed Penetration, I always asked you to cast that **** on me. Anyways, GL in the future, hopefully you get your stuff back - you should keep trying.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:02   #8
ajemnub

ajemnub is on a distinguished road
you can get your account back if u remember any of the full info even if the one that hacked you has changed it you need some of the past passwords past email or emails past security question and anwser and the id number if you remember anything of that try it, you may get it back
ajemnub is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 13:35   #9
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Wrong. The only reason why it is less likely that u get a virus by using Mac OS is simply that the hacker community does not care for an OS that is only used by a small minority of computer users.
Actually in fact Mac OS is less secure than Windows. Security relevant features have been implemented in Mac OS years after Windows. Mac OS might seem to be a shiny OS but it is really a piece of crap in the inside.

Anyways this is not even relevant. Why would a hacker give a **** for this game?
There are no chinese companies either that sell items for this game.
The only people that care for this game are the few players that still play this game and TQ's employees.

This being sad I don't feel sorry for you. You have not played CO for more than a year. You should be over this game already and the fact that your stuff is gone will be a factor why you most likely won't ever get addicted to this terrible game again. You should be glad.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 14:25   #10
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Wrong. The only reason why it is less likely that u get a virus by using Mac OS is simply that the hacker community does not care for an OS that is only used by a small minority of computer users.
Actually in fact Mac OS is less secure than Windows. Security relevant features have been implemented in Mac OS years after Windows. Mac OS might seem to be a shiny OS but it is really a piece of crap in the inside.

Anyways this is not even relevant. Why would a hacker give a **** for this game?
There are no chinese companies either that sell items for this game.
The only people that care for this game are the few players that still play this game and TQ's employees.

This being sad I don't feel sorry for you. You have not played CO for more than a year. You should be over this game already and the fact that your stuff is gone will be a factor why you most likely won't ever get addicted to this terrible game again. You should be glad.
True.

I'm just wondering how I would have been hacked I guess. Like, I haven't even logged on for ages, and if someone were able to, and did, get into my computer - firstly, how would they even get my CO details since I'm not inputting them into anything, and why would they not also take my bank or paypal or whatever else details?

To me it seems like my computer was not compromised...

But yeah - this is like the nail in the coffin. Was not likely going to play again - but still, it's nice to have the stuff there since it was 'mine' (yes I know technically it was not), but you get the idea.
Old 03-21-2015, 14:26   #11
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laricko View Post
I knew you. You were that dude from Sapphire who had fixed Penetration, I always asked you to cast that **** on me. Anyways, GL in the future, hopefully you get your stuff back - you should keep trying.
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
At least you have a good reason to quit this **** game now .
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Try pming hemp. Perhaps he can at least help you understand what happened or perhaps who the thief was.

Sorry man, you seemed like a decent guy with great guides.
Yeah, we'll see what happens with support and all that. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2015, 14:53   #12
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
True.

I'm just wondering how I would have been hacked I guess. Like, I haven't even logged on for ages, and if someone were able to, and did, get into my computer - firstly, how would they even get my CO details since I'm not inputting them into anything, and why would they not also take my bank or paypal or whatever else details?

To me it seems like my computer was not compromised...

But yeah - this is like the nail in the coffin. Was not likely going to play again - but still, it's nice to have the stuff there since it was 'mine' (yes I know technically it was not), but you get the idea.
There was an exploit a while ago that allowed people to log on any account without a password at all (you'd still need to know the account name).
I'm pretty sure that exploit was fixed more than a year ago, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 14:59   #13
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Pretty simple. CO protects your gear but not forever. Most likely someone got ahold of your login credentials back when you still played. Now a moron would use them immediatly. Someone that is slightly smarter than that would wait unless you take a break/seem to have been inactive for a while. Then this guy can unlock all your stuff and take it while the risk of you coming back in time is low enough.

And again hackers don't care for this game. It was not generic malware that stole your login credentials for CO. It was another player of CO.
Maybe you use the the acc and/or password for other products/services. Maybe you shared your acc with someone before then the account name would be known to other players. Maybe you used a cheating tool for CO that was infected.

TQ giving your login creditionals to someone that does not know anything about your account is pretty much impossible. One way or another you made a mistake in the past.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 15:17   #14
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Even in threads like these you can't stop being a lovely person, can you.

Last edited by thehempknight; 03-21-2015 at 17:27.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2015, 22:32   #15
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Even in threads like these you can't stop being a lovely person, can you.
Edited by hemp.
Now I am really curious what did you post until Hemp need to remove it himself
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: