View Poll Results: Do you find this dictionary useful?
Yes 50 64.10%
No 28 35.90%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 00:31   #1
E_Nuff
Is Enuff!!

E_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond repute
~Official Egyptian Dictionary Thread~

Well as we have all realized, Egyptian players have pretty much took over every server on CO.

There's numerous hate threads towards them and more than a handful of suggestions to get rid of them or separate them from the Anti-Egyptian players.

Over the course of a decade, the Egyptian population has significantly increased, and it's only getting larger as more Anti-Egyptian players quit the game. And the Egyptians won't be going anywhere, anytime soon....so the point is, we might as well learn to cohabit with them.

So to get to the purpose of this thread, i figured it would make Egyptians more tolerable if we actually understood what they were saying half the time. And being that i can't find an online translator that can even understand what they're saying, this thread should be very useful.

Therefore, i introduce to you, "The Official Egyptian Dictionary Thread!"

Ofcourse I don't know every Egyptian(also known as Arabic) word in their language yet....Which is where YOU come in

I will be counting on all of you to help me fill this dictionary with as much Arabic words along with their respective English meaning.

So Instead of wasting time and energy making hate threads toward Egyptians, do something constructive by coming here today to make a more enjoyable conquer for tomorrow! <<< cheesy? hehe

So any Egyptians terms you may know, please do post it here and i'll add it to this main post A.S.A.P.

I Will try my best to keep this Organized, Alphabetized, and easy to understand for everyone!

I suppose it would be a lot more convenient to alphabetize this from english. So English on the left, Egyptian on the Right. (i.e. English = Egptian)

Also, if you have a request for an english word you would like to know in arabic....post it, and ill try to find the meaning.

If i misspelled or have an incorrect definition for any of the Egyptian Terms, please correct me and ill change it.

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THIS MAIN POST! IT JUST GIVES EVERYONE ALOT MORE SCROLLING TO DO!

So lets get started!

English........................................... .................Egyptian

Arabic............................................ .............................3araby
Bad............................................... .............................We7esh
Beautiful......................................... .........................Gameel(male) Gameela(female)
Bye............................................... ..............................Salam
Can i................................................. ...........................momken
Chicken........................................... .............................Fera5
Easy.............................................. ..............................Sa7l
Egypt............................................. .............................Masr
Egyptian.......................................... ............................Masry
Father............................................ .............................2ab
Fine(Good/Ok)............................................... ................Tamam(reply for how are you)
Fish.............................................. ...............................Samak
From.............................................. ..............................Men
From Where............................................. ......................Menen
Going............................................. ...............................rayee7
Good.............................................. ..............................Kewayees
Hahaha(Laughing).................................. .........................Hhhhhhhhhhh
Happy............................................. .............................far7an
Hard.............................................. ...............................Sa3b
Hate.............................................. ..............................Bakrhak
Have.............................................. ..............................Ma3aya
Hello............................................. ...............................Marhaban
Hey(plural)....................................... .............................Reglaa
How are you............................................... ..................3aml ayh
How old are you............................................... ..............3andk kam sana
I/I'm............................................... ..............................Ana
I'm going out............................................... ...................Ana rayee7 bara
In................................................ ................................Fe
Kill.............................................. ..................................Maoueet
King/Big Man/Police............................................ ............Bashah
Love.............................................. .............................7ob
Mad............................................... .............................Magnon
Money............................................. ............................Masari
Mother............................................ ............................Omak
Need.............................................. .............................3zyeez
Nice gears............................................. .......................stuff gameed
Not Much.............................................. .......................Ya3ni
No................................................ ..............................No
Please............................................ .............................Argok
Question.......................................... ............................So2al
Sleep............................................. .............................Noum
Sleepy............................................ .............................Nayeem
Soft.............................................. ..............................Ra2e2
Sorry............................................. .............................Ma3lesh
Speak............................................. ............................Kalam
Sweet............................................. ............................7elw(male) 7elwah(female)
Team.............................................. ............................Team
Thank You/Thanks............................................ ............Shokran
The............................................... .............................El
Ugly.............................................. ..............................Zebala
Very..........................Awy(put at end of sentence[i.e. 3araby sa3b awy = arabic is very hard])
Want.............................................. ............................3awez
Welcome........................................... ......................Mar7aban/Ahlan(welcome a visitor)
What is your name.............................................. ...........Esmk eh
What time is it................................................ ..............El sa3a kam
Where are you............................................... ...............Enta Feen
Where is (name)............................................ ...............(name) Feen
Yes............................................... .............................Ok/Yas
You............................................... .............................Enta/Anta
Your Welcome........................................... ....................3afwan(reply for thank you)

Last edited by Deveno; 03-29-2010 at 04:26.
Old 03-08-2010, 00:37   #2
~Pepsi~
Click here

~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute~Pepsi~ has a reputation beyond repute
English............................../..............................Egyptian
Team......................................../..............................tem
Please......................................./.............................plis
Yes or no?................................./............................ok or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Brady :P View Post
I most certainly will not lend you one of my hands. I need them to grab boobies.
125-127 mobs VOTE!
New players. Read. Nao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.D
"fixed some bugs, and added others" - TQ Motto.

Last edited by Deveno; 03-29-2010 at 05:00.
Old 03-08-2010, 00:43   #3
E_Nuff
Is Enuff!!

E_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond reputeE_Nuff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pepsi~ View Post
English............................../..............................Egyptian
Team......................................../..............................tem
Please......................................./.............................plis
Yes or no?................................./............................ok or no?
Lol, funny. But that isn't real egyptian, that's just an egyptian trying to speak english lol

Edit: after asking my egyptian friends.....they also say team and please in egyptian, so ill add it....thanks for contributing pepsi

Last edited by E_Nuff; 03-08-2010 at 00:45.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15   #4
Dr.Islamooo
~HellsinG~

Dr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Islamooo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Islamooo
great idea...do ur best and i will do my best to help u soon

~Thanks My love Lori ~

Avatar by the best designer : Sharpie

16 vids till now 7 jailed
still hunting CheaTers

~SerialKiller~
PuRe BlooD Ninja lvl 135....still working
My New Project

Last edited by Deveno; 03-29-2010 at 04:21.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18   #5
E_Nuff
Is Enuff!!

Shokran islamoooo

GUYS PLEASE DONT QUOTE MAIN POST

Old 03-08-2010, 01:54   #6
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
There should also be a dictionary for the symbols (that replace the actual Arabic writing if you don't have Arabic characters installed on Windows).
But anyway when an egyptian shouts 5555555555555, they're really angry. And if they add BoaB (written in symbols), that means they are really mad.
(although they seem to get mad at me for no reason since i was just sitting in TC doing nothing).
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by Deveno; 03-29-2010 at 04:24.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57   #7
E_Nuff
Is Enuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
There should also be a dictionary for the symbols (that replace the actual Arabic writing if you don't have Arabic characters installed on Windows).
But anyway when an egyptian shouts 5555555555555, they're really angry. And if they add BoaB (written in symbols), that means they are really mad (means kos omak).
(although they seem to get mad at me for no reason since i was just sitting in TC doing nothing).

Lol yea my egy friend told me he has a special arabic keyboard that lets him type like that..........i didnt know it was an installation

do you have it installed?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:59   #8
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Nuff View Post

Lol yea my egy friend told me he has a special arabic keyboard that lets him type like that..........i didnt know it was an installation

do you have it installed?
No, because i see symbols such as , , etc instead of actual Arabic writing. But it would be 10x as confusing if i did see the actual writing. At least by symbols it's easier to understand.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 03-08-2010, 01:59   #9
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
enta feen = where are you

Ahmed feen = where is Ahmed

Old 03-08-2010, 02:42   #10
Bob the Builder
(◕‿◕✿)

Bob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond repute
E Nuff, do you even know Arabic?
And sorry = asif (male)/asfa (female), ma3lish means "it's ok". >_>
As for "have", I have = ma3aya, you have = ma3ak.
You should probably confirm meanings with several people who know the language before you post it, as to post it properly, rather than constantly edit.
Also, Egyptian is not a language.

Last edited by Deveno; 03-29-2010 at 04:23.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13   #11
E_Nuff
Is Enuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
E Nuff, do you even know Arabic?
And sorry = asif (male)/asfa (female), ma3lish means "it's ok". >_>
As for "have", I have = ma3aya, you have = ma3ak.
You should probably confirm meanings with several people who know the language before you post it, as to post it properly, rather than constantly edit.
Also, Egyptian is not a language.

Well I've confirmed these with 2 of my egyptian friends and thats how they say it....i also had a conversation with a random egy and he says i speak very good arabic. Where's your proof that what you say above is correct?

And to be honest, i cant be bothered to ask a bunch of egyptians to assure a word is correct, cause when you speak to them in arabic they start speaking in that arabic with all the symbols, which i dont understand.

And technically, egyptian is a term to refer to someones language as well as their culture....its like saying someone from england speaks english and you can also refer to their culture as english.

Last edited by Deveno; 03-29-2010 at 04:23.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:39   #12
Bob the Builder
(◕‿◕✿)

Bob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Well I've confirmed these with 2 of my egyptian friends and thats how they say it....i also had a conversation with a random egy and he says i speak very good arabic. Where's your proof that what you say above is correct?

And to be honest, i cant be bothered to ask a bunch of egyptians to assure a word is correct, cause when you speak to them in arabic they start speaking in that arabic with all the symbols, which i dont understand.

And technically, egyptian is a term to refer to someones language as well as their culture....its like saying someone from england speaks english and you can also refer to their culture as english.
My proof? I speak Arabic, sure, it's not the best, but I know basic words like that, and let me tell you, even if my dialect is a bit different than that of an Egyptian's, I'm fairly certain the same things mean the same things, more or less.

If you can't be bothered to confirm meanings, in your so-called dictionary, then you shouldn't bother making this thread.

Yeah, but English is an actual language. Calling Arabic "Egyptian" is like calling English "American".
Oh gee, if I'm reading that right, I didn't know you were translating a culture, because Egyptian sure as hell isn't a language.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:47   #13
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
My proof? I speak Arabic, sure, it's not the best, but I know basic words like that, and let me tell you, even if my dialect is a bit different than that of an Egyptian's, I'm fairly certain the same things mean the same things, more or less.

If you can't be bothered to confirm meanings, in your so-called dictionary, then you shouldn't bother making this thread.

Yeah, but English is an actual language. Calling Arabic "Egyptian" is like calling English "American".
Oh gee, if I'm reading that right, I didn't know you were translating a culture, because Egyptian sure as hell isn't a language.
Even today i still wonder what the ancient Egyptians used to speak and how. I mean we all know they used hieroglyphs for writing but... what did their language sound like?
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49   #14
E_Nuff
Is Enuff!!

Quote:

This thread is for the most commonly used words, as my friend stated, some words may have more than 1 meaning, while some meanings have more than 1 word. so what you say could be right and it could be wrong....really depends on the slang of how they speak.

Now, If your a tourist, and you go to visit Egypt without the knowledge of the language they speak....you will call it egyptian. Sure egyptian isn't the exact language they are speaking but people that are foreign to their country may refer to it as egyptian.

That's like going to Jamaica and saying a Jamaican speaks english, which is true but its english with a jamaican accent....so in shorter words....a Jamaican speaks Jamaican.

Last edited by E_Nuff; 03-08-2010 at 04:54.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:58   #15
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
This thread is for the most commonly used words, as my friend stated, some words may have more than 1 meaning, while some meanings have more than 1 word. so what you say could be right and it could be wrong....really depends on the slang of how they speak.

Now, If your a tourist, and you go to visit Egypt without the knowledge of the language they speak....you will call it egyptian. Sure egyptian isn't the exact language they are speaking but people that are foreign to their country may refer to it as egyptian.

That's like going to Jamaica and saying a Jamaican speaks english, which is true but its english with a jamaican accent....so in shorter words....a Jamaican speaks Jamaican.
This just made me want to go download Asterix and Obelix the Cleopatra movie O.O time to search.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: