Old 08-22-2008, 14:34   #1
Ice Cream

Ice Cream is on a distinguished road
Question Blade Vs Sword

It's all in the title, what do YOU think is better? I will lay out some of the features of both weapons. Personally i think blade is better, but it does have its bad sides.

Blade

-Significantly higher attack then sword (meaning fb > ss)
-Can be made into a poison blade (rare item, and can also allow you to poison the target with either a melee hit or a zap)
-Easier to level proficiency (has no weapon skill)

My thoughts - Is superior to sword if you are going to use it for FB, but is not a good choice for melee unless you have high agility.

Sword

-More then twice as much accuracy then a blade
-Phoenix (does much damage if you can manage to fix it)

My thoughts - Sword is an all-around good weapon, perfect for melee attacking with both phoenix and the high accuracy. However, sword only does about 2/3 damage of what a blade does.

DISCUSS

Water-War-(Soon to be Trojan)

My favorite Gears

RDG RDG Elite Blade +4 (poisan) (soon to be pimped out with 2 SDG and made super )

SDG SDG Super Wand +5 (soon to be sold for 12 DB!! PM me if you want to buy!!)

Last edited by Ice Cream; 08-22-2008 at 15:12.
Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 15:07   #2
GloriousAnthem
Banned

GloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond reputeGloriousAnthem has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to GloriousAnthem
Blade, becuz I own at FB
GloriousAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 15:58   #3
TehLuzr
Uber Nubr

TehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond repute
On Blades:

1.) A Blade has, on average, a 13-15% weapon damage advantage over a Sword of the same quality, level, and stats. That's really not that significant on its own. However when coupled with multiple Dragon Gems, it becomes significant - its essentially like having an extra SDG.

2.) Poison Blades can only be obtained through rebirth to any melee class. You can't just make any blade into a Poison Blade. Since Poison Blades are Unique lvl 40 non-socketed blades in the beginning, it can be very expensive to produce a quality weapon from them.

My Thoughts (From a Trojan's prospective):

Levels 40-120:

Blades are a great all-around off hand weapon from levels 40-120. The low dexterity isn't as much of an issue for non-reborn. Blades are perfect companions for clubs, because their lack of a weapon skill means that only Rage can activate. The activation rate of Rage is moderate, which makes up in part for the overall low agility that this combination provides. The club also increases the potency of FastBlade attacks by increasing your maximum damage output.

Levels 120+: Continue to use Club/Blade Combo for leveling. Use Dual Blades for PvP, provided you have at least full 1 socket SDG gear. At these levels the extra attack power of a Club usually isn't needed. Also, you'll gain the option to be able to use Hercules in a melee situation.

On Swords:

1.) Has a weapon skill that, when fixed, provides a 25% increase in weapon damage. This easily compensates for the 15% weapon damage loss when choosing a sword over a blade.

2.) Swords have double the dexterity bonus of a blade, making them perfect for direct melee combat.

3.) Phoenix, when fixed, will activate 78% of the time. This means that in a direct melee situation, you are going to do maximum damage more often.

4.) Phoenix will activate extremely often. This means that when leveling, if you are using a Club/Sword combo, Rage will activate ALOT less. This will negatively impact the speed at which you gain experience. It also makes it extremely difficult to level weapon proficiency.

5.) Using ranged attacks (ScentSword) usually requires the attacker to have better gear than a blade user, due to a sword's reduced damage.

6.) Phoenix is extremely difficult to fix without alot of patience.

My Thoughts (From a Trojan's prospective):

Levels 40-120: Stick to Blades unless you haven't learned the Phoenix Skill.

Levels 120+: Stick to Club/Blade combo until level 123. After that level most mobs give crap experience with the exception of L122 DevilKings. At that point you can swap the blade out for a sword if you wish, because most of the time you'll only have at most, 4 monsters in a group - spawns are small in Wine Cave.

For PvP you have several options: Club/Sword for maximum raw damage output, Dual Sword for the ability to herc, or Blade/Sword for the best of both worlds - Awesome direct melee power with higher ranged attack power (FastBlade).
Guild: EpicFail - Guild Leader
Class: Water-Warrior-Trojan
Level: 132 & 20 pct
Currently Training: Phoenix
Current Skill Level: Seven
Playing Since Dragon Was Named Server 1
Signature Stolen From: SlyrZ

Last edited by TehLuzr; 08-22-2008 at 16:05.
TehLuzr is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 17:29   #4
sobtage

sobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond reputesobtage has a reputation beyond repute
really , it is personaly preference ,

some people think fb is easier to do then ss , i personal think so ,
while there are some that does better at ss , just because they do

personally am a nix and fb person , i like blade sword combo , while because of the 78 percent activation rate on a fixed nix , personally i think it's worth it to fix , not to say it does alot of damage right on impact and it does lag the person who gets hit

really , i think every tro should own at least one sword and one blade ( maybe an extra blade or duel clubs for hurcing )
though ppl call hurcing '" noob " some times it's good to step back , kill some taos by hurcing

unless ur good at ss / fb or meleeing i would stick with duel blades till i guess ur so good that u can hit a jumping , zapping , tao 25 percent of the time

personally again , am not a HUGE fan of trojans , i like fires now :P used to play warrior , what it really comes down is , what ur gear is , what kind of range skill u like ( fb / ss ) and what u often do ( melee or always fb/ss and sit )
Old 08-22-2008, 18:55   #5
raythebird
AZNBOY

raythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, i used to like swords, but knowing how hard it was to lvl nix i started using Blades

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=515752
please vote for Chinese New Year as a new quest.
Finally in Recommended
raythebird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 19:04   #6
Tide.
Banned k?

Tide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Tide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream View Post
It's all in the title, what do YOU think is better? I will lay out some of the features of both weapons. Personally i think blade is better, but it does have its bad sides.

Blade

-Can be made into a poison blade (rare item, and can also allow you to poison the target with either a melee hit or a zap)

My thoughts - Is superior to sword if you are going to use it for FB, but is not a good choice for melee unless you have high agility.

Sword

My thoughts - Sword is an all-around good weapon, perfect for melee attacking with both phoenix and the high accuracy. However, sword only does about 2/3 damage of what a blade does.

DISCUSS
If you can get your hands on a nice poison blade, I'd go with blades. Regular blades are useless unless you are going dual blades (pb and regular blade). You should also consider getting both a poison blade and a sword. Very good combo, especially with fixed nix. As posted above, personal preference. I use a sword because I like ss, nix, and the extra agility.

Price guide for Turquoise V2.0

Great 2nd Rb Guide by KevinT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detergent View Post
Well, Tide is the Fastest working cleaning solution I have ever come across. It Assaults dirt and scum like nobody's business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncnotorious View Post
sword has more agility so its faster ss, blades are stronger than swords....but fb is slower.....

im pro at both, i know.....
kekekeke rinbow munky
Tide. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 19:55   #7
Ncnotorious
!ReNegAdE!

Ncnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond repute
sword has more agility so its faster ss, blades are stronger than swords....but fb is slower.....

im pro at both, i know.....

btw fraps is ****......it lags u and reduces ur fps from 39 to abt 20....wth's with that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ncnotorious is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 20:14   #8
DrakeArconis
Ex-Player

DrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrakeArconis Send a message via MSN to DrakeArconis Send a message via Yahoo to DrakeArconis Send a message via Skype™ to DrakeArconis
Quote:

Blade

Sword

DISCUSS
how you figure you can turn a blade into a posion blade, you can get a psn blade as a rb item during your next promotions but it doesn't change it into one. sword's having nix more than makes up for the difference in the 1/3 less atk power and the accuracy is always helpful

i've used both and unless your a tro really into fb'n i like sword better for all around use.
generally i find people who actually have lives don't get very worked up when some internet random makes humourous remarks about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooblyGoobly View Post
Good job, you just gave us the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I" as a defense. Simply astounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:JaK:. View Post
Most of the idiotic posts in this thread are becuase some people just don't have the attention span to read. I however, read the whole thread.
Life is Meaningless
T.Bear
DrakeArconis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 20:25   #9
TrU3
poutine

TrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond repute
nowadays, i use what eva gives me more pot
TrU3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 20:38   #10
firetridagger
Warriors!

firetridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond reputefiretridagger has a reputation beyond repute
i prefer blade.. since i have posion blade.. i can zap and posion or stun my enemy..

but sword .. i jsut dont have the time or patiences to level pheonix
ANakedStripper War>Water>Tro110 [Retired]
mightymagician Fire>Fire120 [Hacked]
tridaggerx Archer>Archer60 [Retired]
firetridagger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 20:57   #11
AlmightyDuck

AlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
blade xD
Old 08-22-2008, 21:27   #12
Lement
Not a Tao

Lement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond repute
Sword is better overall.
Although the fixed phoenix doesn't entirely make up for the damage of the blade, it hits more often. Also has a bit weak distance skill.

Blade is likely better when PKing, due stronger distance skill. There is also poison.
Lement is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 22:17   #13
reaperangel
Guitarist

reaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond repute
personally i use club/blade and club/sword or blade/blade

i like both ss and fb although fb seems to be stronger
on the otherhand the ss seems to be faster then the fb (dunno if thats just me or is it that way?)

conclusion : both are rlly good depends on what u like and what ur playstyle is

Chucky : Archer lvl 122 RETIRED
BucketHead : Trojan lvl 126 RETIRED

Now playing on LastCo under the name BucketHead
reaperangel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 23:05   #14
Ice Cream

Ice Cream is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide. View Post
If you can get your hands on a nice poison blade, I'd go with blades. Regular blades are useless unless you are going dual blades (pb and regular blade). You should also consider getting both a poison blade and a sword. Very good combo, especially with fixed nix. As posted above, personal preference. I use a sword because I like ss, nix, and the extra agility.
Im going with the poison blade and the club, if you saw my sig,(its a little off, allready pimped with 2 sdgs) you would know i already got one. Have yet to get a good club though, still havent 2nd reborned. As soon as i do, i will sell my wand and get a good club. Then i will be in business (after the extensive leveling)

Water-War-(Soon to be Trojan)

My favorite Gears

RDG RDG Elite Blade +4 (poisan) (soon to be pimped out with 2 SDG and made super )

SDG SDG Super Wand +5 (soon to be sold for 12 DB!! PM me if you want to buy!!)
Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2008, 23:11   #15
reaperangel
Guitarist

reaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond reputereaperangel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Im going with the poison blade and the club, if you saw my sig,(its a little off, allready pimped with 2 sdgs) you would know i already got one. Have yet to get a good club though, still havent 2nd reborned. As soon as i do, i will sell my wand and get a good club. Then i will be in business (after the extensive leveling)
its still easy to go 110 in 2nd rb its 110-112 that gets rough ^^

Chucky : Archer lvl 122 RETIRED
BucketHead : Trojan lvl 126 RETIRED

Now playing on LastCo under the name BucketHead
reaperangel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: