Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 06:51   #361
SharpKnife :].
SexyMod

SharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond repute
Ampear has a point..

not all archers are the strongest on their server, and we dont all have epic gears. until we have more opinions, and most of those opinions in approval of the skill, i dun think it should be added to the list yet..

if you want you can try polling it.. maybe in community or in your chit-chat, to see how many ppl think its overpowered vs balanced..

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

[Retired]Mod of Arts, Suggestions, Off-Topic, Lion, Honor

[Retired]Avatar/Signature Maker-

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
SharpKnife :]. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2009, 06:54   #362
kvdk
Alien #15

Location: In your head, stealing your secrets... oooh, a good one!
kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKnife :]. View Post
Ampear has a point..

not all archers are the strongest on their server, and we dont all have epic gears. until we have more opinions, and most of those opinions in approval of the skill, i dun think it should be added to the list yet..

if you want you can try polling it.. maybe in community or in your chit-chat, to see how many ppl think its overpowered vs balanced..
my point is, i AM, and if it was not for having some pretty good talismans, i'd hit 1's on everyone!

all someone needs to completely nullify my attack, is a 3 +es higher then me, and i hit 1's...

someone with only 1 plus higher, i hit for 150....

archers hit REALLY low, and without talismans, an archer fight would be more boring then a warrior fight!
kvdk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2009, 07:02   #363
SexyMod

SharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk View Post
my point is, i AM, and if it was not for having some pretty good talismans, i'd hit 1's on everyone!

all someone needs to completely nullify my attack, is a 3 +es higher then me, and i hit 1's...

someone with only 1 plus higher, i hit for 150....

archers hit REALLY low, and without talismans, an archer fight would be more boring then a warrior fight!
warrior fights arent boring ;_;

archer fights always make me kinda laugh tho lol, they jus sling arrows at eachother... its kinda like watching a fist fight..

i know you're the strongest archer on yer server, you've said so.

but again, with Ampear added we have a total of 4 opinions, for a skill that every pure archer on CO might get.. nothing bad can come from polling it individually and seeing what others think :d

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17   #364
~Zesty~
Im A Girl

~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute~Zesty~ has a reputation beyond repute
I know im vearing off onto another char class but......
I was answering a post in another thread about tf....and after i made the post,i thought hmmm,this would prolly be a good pure skill for a water.

Anyway,im just throwing this into the sharks...feed away...lol

Pure water skill....water-water-water.

Quoted from my other post on wat i said..........
Maybe a spell that can be used at anytime..but can only be cast on a effected tf player once per tf...so the effected player only loses half of the hp they have b4 tf stops....and not the full hp amount it does usually lose without this spell casted on them.

I feel that this would help in gw situations where players feel the tf has over taken gw.It would also enhance the "water tao" to be a more played and lvled higher character as its purpose in gw would have another purpose other then mainly rev....At the moment the majority of waters r lvled to 110 and for db and rbed.Gw guilds would value a well lvled/equiped water even more.

okie,now im adding...it would have lets say 5 lvls of skill that needed to be lvled.Keep the upgrade lvls high so that u dont have little noob taos running around being able to do it either.Make maxed skill over lvl 125 to encourage pure water being lvled to 125 and over.

For instance..Recieve skill at lvl 90

lvl 1 skill......Will heal 10% of the entire damage of an effected player who is tfed....but can only be cast once..once a player has the spell,u or another pure water cannot stack spells to make percentage cure larger.
Applies to all lvls below.

lvl 2......Will heal 20 %......Upgrade skill to lvl 2 after lvl 100

Lvl 3......30%.......Upgrade skill to lvl 3 after lvl 110

Lvl 4.....40%...Upgrade after skill to lvl 4 after lvl 120

Lvl 5......50 % and maxed.....Upgrade skill to lvl 5 after lvl 125

Anyway,it was just a thought.
If some1 has mentioned this idea b4..then just ignore me...lol

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned
~Zesty~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23   #365
kvdk
Alien #15

kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zesty~ View Post
I was answering a post in another thread about tf....and after i made the post,i thought hmmm,this would prolly be a good pure skill for a water.

Maybe a spell that can be used at anytime..but can only be cast on a effected tf player once per tf...so the effected player only loses half of the hp they have b4 tf stops....and not the full hp amount it does usually lose without this spell casted on them.

I feel that this would help in gw situations where players feel the tf has over taken gw.It would also enhance the "water tao" to be a more played and lvled higher character as its purpose in gw would have another purpose other then mainly rev....At the moment the majority of waters r lvled to 110 and for db and rbed.Gw guilds would value a well lvled/equiped water even more.

okie,now im adding...it would have lets say 5 lvls of skill that needed to be lvled.Keep the upgrade lvls high so that u dont have little noob taos running around being able to do it either.Make maxed skill over lvl 125 to encourage pure water being lvled to 125 and over.

lvl 1 skill......Will heal 10% of the entire damage of an effected player who is tfed....but can only be cast once..once a player has the spell,u or another pure water cannot stack spells to make percentage cure larger.

tq said their doing something to counter/reduce the effects of TF, and personally, i think a "posion weakener" is a lousy skill for going pure all the way...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:33   #366
SexyMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zesty~ View Post

lol.. we dont bite, i dont anyway :d

theres only 1 reason why i dont think this should be the one for waters.. most ppl can agree that TF needs some fixing.. if this was added TQ wouldnt wanna edit the skill any further.. because ppl can just make/become a pure water to stop or half its effects..

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58   #367
kvdk
Alien #15

i really think archers need a better atk based skill one way or the other...
becouse currently, if you got equal talismans, archers still hit weak
(waters do to, but they got buff spells, archers dont)

so how about this:

HawksEye, XP skill, can be leveled

Will hit the target for a fixed % of their max hp (meaning it can kill)
the default chance this skill hits is 80%
per BP diference, it adds or removes 2%
[meaning you need 10 more BP to have a 100% hitchance, or the target needs 40 more BP for it to always miss]

level 0: 10% of targets max hp - 3,000 uses & lvl 30 required to lvl
level 1: 30% of targets max hp - 6,000 uses & lvl 60 required to lvl
level 2: 50% of targets max hp - 9,000 uses & lvl 90 required to lvl
level 3: 70% of targets max hp - 12,000 uses & lvl 120 required to lvl
level 3: 90% of targets max hp - fixed

the hp % i'm not completely sure about, but the BP requirements are pretty fair i think personally...
as the hitchance with equal BP aint 100%, this makes the skill weaker then for example TF (that with equal BP always hits)
Old 03-18-2009, 10:18   #368
SexyMod

Quote:
i really think archers need a better atk based skill one way or the other...
becouse currently, if you got equal talismans, archers still hit weak
(waters do to, but they got buff spells, archers dont)

so how about this:

[meaning you need 10 more BP to have a 100% hitchance, or the target needs 40 more BP for it to always miss]

level 1: 30% of targets max hp - 6,000 uses & lvl 60 required to lvl
level 2: 50% of targets max hp - 9,000 uses & lvl 90 required to lvl
level 3: 70% of targets max hp - 12,000 uses & lvl 120 required to lvl
level 3: 90% of targets max hp - fixed

the hp % i'm not completely sure about, but the BP requirements are pretty fair i think personally...
as the hitchance with equal BP aint 100%, this makes the skill weaker then for example TF (that with equal BP always hits)
BP based will cause just as many, if not more complaints then toxic fog gets..

i knw its not 100% chance, but phoenix isnt even 80% and it activates just about every hit..

i think the % HP should be replaced with dmg, at a max of maybe 300% like i said earlier (x3 attack) talis apply after. as long as its single-target i dont see too many holes in this one..

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
Old 03-18-2009, 10:21   #369
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
BP based will cause just as many, if not more complaints then toxic fog gets..

i knw its not 100% chance, but phoenix isnt even 80% and it activates just about every hit..

i think the % HP should be replaced with dmg, at a max of maybe 300% like i said earlier (x3 attack) talis apply after. as long as its single-target i dont see too many holes in this one..
like i stated with before skill, archers got low dmg, for the skill to make an impact, it would have to be atleast 10x..
becouse in pvp, archer dmg is already 1/5th of what it would be if you used melee....

edit: maybe lowering the % hp lost would work better?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:27   #370
SexyMod

Quote:
like i stated with before skill, archers got low dmg, for the skill to make an impact, it would have to be atleast 10x..
becouse in pvp, archer dmg is already 1/5th of what it would be if you used melee....

edit: maybe lowering the % hp lost would work better?
maybe, it'd basically be the same as toxic fog, only instead of losing HP over time, you lose it with the hit..

90% is a bit much, maybe 75% or 50%? think that might work.

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31   #371
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
maybe, it'd basically be the same as toxic fog, only instead of losing HP over time, you lose it with the hit..

90% is a bit much, maybe 75% or 50%? think that might work.

level 1: 25% of targets max hp - 6,000 uses & lvl 60 required to lvl
level 2: 40% of targets max hp - 9,000 uses & lvl 90 required to lvl
level 3: 55% of targets max hp - 12,000 uses & lvl 120 required to lvl
level 3: 70% of targets max hp - fixed

how about like this then?

do know, that its really hard to lvl, as it cant be TGed, and it requires lvl 120 before you can start fixing it, also becouse its an XP skill, its harder to use as TF ever will be...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38   #372
SexyMod

Quote:

level 1: 25% of targets max hp - 6,000 uses & lvl 60 required to lvl
level 2: 40% of targets max hp - 9,000 uses & lvl 90 required to lvl
level 3: 55% of targets max hp - 12,000 uses & lvl 120 required to lvl
level 3: 70% of targets max hp - fixed

how about like this then?

do know, that its really hard to lvl, as it cant be TGed, and it requires lvl 120 before you can start fixing it, also becouse its an XP skill, its harder to use as TF ever will be...
those are the only #s that might need more opinions/more revision.. i do like that its XP based.. meaning it cant be used constantly. and 80% chance to knock out 70% of HP... would leave you with just a bit over a quarter left. enough to heal, fight back, run away.. ect.. so its not a 1 hit KO..

by (means it can kill) do you meann.. if a target doesnt have 70% of their HP, and they get hit by this, they'd die because they dont have the HP it takes away?

other then that it looks pretty smooth... so far :d

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
Old 03-18-2009, 12:46   #373
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
those are the only #s that might need more opinions/more revision.. i do like that its XP based.. meaning it cant be used constantly. and 80% chance to knock out 70% of HP... would leave you with just a bit over a quarter left. enough to heal, fight back, run away.. ect.. so its not a 1 hit KO..

by (means it can kill) do you meann.. if a target doesnt have 70% of their HP, and they get hit by this, they'd die because they dont have the HP it takes away?

other then that it looks pretty smooth... so far :d
yes, lets say a player has 10k max hp, and they lost 3k, then this skill would still hit for 7k...

it would be a hit of their max hp, no matter how low they are...
(thats the main reason i made it an XP skill, becouse of its potential)
as if it was not of max but of current HP, a stamina based skill would be much fairer...

edit: the BP system was something, so a strong player could resist this, while a strong archer would always hit
and it dous not change to much, just chance the chance it hits...

Last edited by kvdk; 03-18-2009 at 12:48.
Old 03-18-2009, 13:53   #374
SexyMod

Quote:
yes, lets say a player has 10k max hp, and they lost 3k, then this skill would still hit for 7k...

it would be a hit of their max hp, no matter how low they are...
(thats the main reason i made it an XP skill, becouse of its potential)
as if it was not of max but of current HP, a stamina based skill would be much fairer...

edit: the BP system was something, so a strong player could resist this, while a strong archer would always hit
and it dous not change to much, just chance the chance it hits...
i getcha. but i think its fine as an XP skill, its the only way i see it being added/considered.

id like to see a version of this skill added, maybe not the exact same numbers like i mentioned above, but most likley using this base-idea for the pure archer skill..

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

-

Quit CO/CO Forums
Old 03-18-2009, 14:17   #375
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
i getcha. but i think its fine as an XP skill, its the only way i see it being added/considered.

id like to see a version of this skill added, maybe not the exact same numbers like i mentioned above, but most likley using this base-idea for the pure archer skill..
the numbers are, as with every skill upto TQ, but in this way i see it being not only usefull, but also a strong skill

ofcourse, TQ would have to make it weaker/useless against cirtain types of objects...
otherwise, 2 archers with XP near completion, could completely destroy the gates & pole with only a single arrow each

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: