Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:53   #1
enhawj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
enhawj is an unknown quantity at this point
AVG picked up Trojan.Chifrax.a

Ok, I was just wondering if anyone anti virus scanner pick up this virus yet on their pc. I scanner didnt pick up anything yesterday until now when it updated it's definition database. Also, the client is a brand new download installation as well. For some reason my AVG scanner detect the virus from the local CO folder. Just want to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing or not so I can inform AVG whether it's a false alarm, or there really is a trojan attach to CO installation folder. Thanks!
enhawj is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 12:17   #2
Clenk~V.4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,385
Clenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by enhawj View Post
Ok, I was just wondering if anyone anti virus scanner pick up this virus yet on their pc. I scanner didnt pick up anything yesterday until now when it updated it's definition database. Also, the client is a brand new download installation as well. For some reason my AVG scanner detect the virus from the local CO folder. Just want to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing or not so I can inform AVG whether it's a false alarm, or there really is a trojan attach to CO installation folder. Thanks!
old news but some antivirus picked up mutliclient as a virus a while back. then people scanned original conquer and some got it and some didnt. i would assume its how they are creating their sockets. its in a reckless manner.
Clenk~V.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47   #3
SylvanasWind
Sexy Bish!
 
SylvanasWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,924
SylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by enhawj View Post
Ok, I was just wondering if anyone anti virus scanner pick up this virus yet on their pc. I scanner didnt pick up anything yesterday until now when it updated it's definition database. Also, the client is a brand new download installation as well. For some reason my AVG scanner detect the virus from the local CO folder. Just want to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing or not so I can inform AVG whether it's a false alarm, or there really is a trojan attach to CO installation folder. Thanks!
wow i didnt get one O.O
__________________
IVE QUIT FOREVER =]
Dragon:
SylvanasWind(126 archer > 129 Fire) Best Hub: ~CanadianArcher
All fire spells fixed including Fire Met! Woot! Fixed on April 18, 2008. Wepon Skills next to be fixed. Speedgun, WideStrike, Scent Sword Fixed.

WildSwan:
An Upcoming War>Wat?
SylvanasWind is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 18:08   #4
enhawj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
enhawj is an unknown quantity at this point
The thing is I don't have multi client or any of those "extra" program as mentioned above running on my machine at all. I uninstall the client and did another scan without Conquer to make sure CO wasn't the culprit and the result of the scan was clean. Therefore I re-download the client and did a fresh install again thinking everything was okay. Well, I ran my virus scan again to make sure and AVG just detect it again!! At this point it's either AVG having a false alarm problem with that one particular file or the CO client really does have a virus embed in it. I looked up Trojan.Chifrax.a and it is indeed a legit trojan. At this point I don't know what the heck is going on so CO ain't gonna be on my computer, at least until I know for sure it ain't something else that's fawking with my pc.
enhawj is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 18:58   #5
Clenk~V.4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,385
Clenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by enhawj View Post
The thing is I don't have multi client or any of those "extra" program as mentioned above running on my machine at all. I uninstall the client and did another scan without Conquer to make sure CO wasn't the culprit and the result of the scan was clean. Therefore I re-download the client and did a fresh install again thinking everything was okay. Well, I ran my virus scan again to make sure and AVG just detect it again!! At this point it's either AVG having a false alarm problem with that one particular file or the CO client really does have a virus embed in it. I looked up Trojan.Chifrax.a and it is indeed a legit trojan. At this point I don't know what the heck is going on so CO ain't gonna be on my computer, at least until I know for sure it ain't something else that's fawking with my pc.
it is how they opened their sockets. they did it without checking what is connected on other side. aslong as noone hosts another server with same ip and you connect to it its safe. if by chance someone does do that, they wont get far because i dont conquer has any options to go get outside of his memory. i wouldnt worry about it. ive decompiled co atleast once a month for a year now and i havent noticed anything i would be worried about.
Clenk~V.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 19:07   #6
Tr!x!e
Oi oi oi
 
Tr!x!e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Never Never Land.....
Posts: 968
Tr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond reputeTr!x!e has a reputation beyond repute
I have AVG with a pc that was completly reformated on the second. My AVG has not found any trojans in Co...weird....o.O
Tr!x!e is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 19:09   #7
Clenk~V.4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,385
Clenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr!x!e View Post
I have AVG with a pc that was completly reformated on the second. My AVG has not found any trojans in Co...weird....o.O
its found randomly. AVG isnt a good antivirus anyway. it uses less virus definitions than nortan and yet everyone bashes on nortan.
Clenk~V.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 19:18   #8
minipackman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 65
minipackman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.4 View Post
its found randomly. AVG isnt a good antivirus anyway. it uses less virus definitions than nortan and yet everyone bashes on nortan.
AVG is an outstanding anti-virus.The free version is anyway. Seeing as it is a free program that does what it says it will do is a pretty rare thing. Norton charge 60 for the same thing but is so more annoying.
AVG picks up anything that is a threat to your pc, meaning it access' the secure files on the pc eg windows key finders but it also finds keygen programs as viruses aswell.
What avg finds may not necessary be a virus.
minipackman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 19:27   #9
enhawj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
enhawj is an unknown quantity at this point
My thanks and appreciation to all the responses. Yes, at first I thought it would be a problem, but as soon as I instruct AVG to delete that one file, I can't log on to CO anymore...in fact, it won't even start the client. So, as one member mention above, it could be part of the client so for now I'm leaving it as it is and assume it's a safe "trojan" . and hopefully it's not a malicious trojan. We'll see. Once again, thanks for all who reply.
enhawj is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 19:56   #10
Clenk~V.4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,385
Clenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipackman View Post
AVG is an outstanding anti-virus.The free version is anyway. Seeing as it is a free program that does what it says it will do is a pretty rare thing. Norton charge 60 for the same thing but is so more annoying.
AVG picks up anything that is a threat to your pc, meaning it access' the secure files on the pc eg windows key finders but it also finds keygen programs as viruses aswell.
What avg finds may not necessary be a virus.
i can spend 5 mins creating a keylogger that AVG wont find but nortan will. nortan doesnt just follow virus definitions. while nortan is running it checks keystrokes and mouse movements. if a process is saving thoe keystrokes nortan will most like catch it if it wasnt already put as an exception.
Clenk~V.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 21:10   #11
THUND3Rv3.0
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Post count: 728+390+
Posts: 1,380
THUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond reputeTHUND3Rv3.0 has a reputation beyond repute
mcafee is god.
THUND3Rv3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 21:31   #12
Clenk~V.4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,385
Clenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUND3Rv3.0 View Post
mcafee is god.
i recommend mcafee for a firewall for most people. it is good at what it do.
Clenk~V.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 21:31   #13
bboy_EcKo
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: on earth
Posts: 452
bboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant future
avast also isnt that bad as virusscanner
together with comodo firewall pro
bboy_EcKo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 21:35   #14
Clenk~V.4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,385
Clenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of lightClenk~V.4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy_EcKo View Post
avast also isnt that bad as virusscanner
together with comodo firewall pro
nortan is the best if you got a microsoft os and you already have the virus already, its firewall sucks ass though.
Clenk~V.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2008, 21:48   #15
bboy_EcKo
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: on earth
Posts: 452
bboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant futurebboy_EcKo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.4 View Post
nortan is the best if you got a microsoft os and you already have the virus already, its firewall sucks ass though.
but but...i have to pay for norton
spend all my money on chopped off balls


poor dragons
bboy_EcKo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41.