Old 12-18-2007, 11:12   #1
Petrick

Petrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Unreal Tournament 3 and Crysis See Disappointing Sales

GameShout news

Quote:
According to information released on Monday by the research firm, NPD Group, Crytek's highly anticipated first-person shooter Crysis, as well as Epic's Unreal Tournament 3 are seeing extremely poor PC sales. Crysis sold just 86,633 units in the U.S. while Unreal Tournament 3 sold only 33, 995. This is a major surprise since UT3 has such a huge and loyal following and Crysis has been one of the more hyped games of the past two E3 conventions.
Crysis:86,633 and Unreal Tournament 3: 33,995. WTF? Publishers/developers aint happy with those figures... Those are not just low numbers, those are ridiculously low numbers. Is that going to be last Unreal Tournament ever?
Petrick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2007, 11:13   #2
OBMiT

OBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to OBMiT Send a message via Yahoo to OBMiT
Call of Duty 4 is the best game ever made. There is nothing to compare.

I ***9829; My Honey Bunny!

Truth about 9/11
OBMiT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2007, 11:16   #3
Stiggy~V.18

Stiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond reputeStiggy~V.18 has a reputation beyond repute
No one wants to buy UT3 cause you can go on multiplayer with the demo I guess

And Crysis has good graphics, that's it.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41   #4
Evocation
Larva

Evocation will become famous soon enough
My dad bought them both, they're good and all but nothing I personaly would go rush out and buy tbh i get my ass served to me on highest setting of the AI though >.< the nets broken on my dads computer
Evocation is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2007, 17:03   #5
bigfry
Semper Fi

Location: We will conquer terrorism with the aid of God and a few Marines
bigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond repute
well at 50$ each the first one made about 5million dollars I am guessing that was still a profit.

Is Call of Duty that good because I told my wife thats what I wanted for Christmas probably wont get it though.

PROUD TO BE AN INFIDEL

A veteran... whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

God Bless the troops

Masada 130/130/127
CaveLord 130/130/130
bigfry is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2007, 19:00   #6
Minerpker
Jiggypuff!

Minerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond reputeMinerpker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfry View Post
well at 50$ each the first one made about 5million dollars I am guessing that was still a profit.

Is Call of Duty that good because I told my wife thats what I wanted for Christmas probably wont get it though.
Call of Duty is awesome, I think better than UT (I love ut too tho) And i haven't played much Crysis, but watch this

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/watch...sis-333902.php
Originally posted by opal
Yeah I know the spam in Off Topic but it's the Rule.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ginalina
I'm sorry, but it takes a lot more then Dragonballs to get in MY panties.

Unless it's bulk. *Melts*
I started Co Aug. 5, 2004
I Quit Co Dec. 7, 2006
http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showgroups.php
Minerpker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2007, 19:43   #7
The-Murder
Motheruker

The-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to The-Murder Send a message via MSN to The-Murder Send a message via Yahoo to The-Murder
Not everyone meets the requirements. Hell, gaming requirements doubled in less then a year, don't expect people to have PCs ready to handle that ****.

I can barely run Unreal.

About 7 months ago my AMD 64 3500, 2GB of RAM, and Geforce 7600 GTOC ran everything very well. Now its like pooooooooooooooooooop.

Is Crysis multiplayer? If not that could hurt sells, another thing is I heard that game isn't something to do jumping jacks over.

Last edited by The-Murder; 12-18-2007 at 19:45.
The-Murder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2007, 19:47   #8
The-Murder
Motheruker

The-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to beholdThe-Murder is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to The-Murder Send a message via MSN to The-Murder Send a message via Yahoo to The-Murder
Call of Duty 4 is the best one of the series. Its also probably the most popular new FPS this generation, and yes its better then Halo 3 omg, someone come kill me now.
The-Murder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007, 03:44   #9
OBMiT

OBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant futureOBMiT has a brilliant future
Yes, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, best game there is. I love that they made it modern warfare instead of always WW2.. Crysis is pretty, though, but not as much fun.. I always loved CoD, any part, anyways.. Great storyline and gameplay is the best.. Oh, btw, they're already working on part 5, but it's another one made by TreyArch, so don't expect too much of it.. CoD6 will kick ass though, and I thought Infinity Ward was also coming out with a CoD type of game next year that has the premise of the Nazi's having won WW2 and are invading the US..

Truth about 9/11
Old 12-19-2007, 08:43   #10
bone-you~v.29
Banned

bone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to beholdbone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to beholdbone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to beholdbone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to beholdbone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to beholdbone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to beholdbone-you~v.29 is a splendid one to behold
Unreal rapes my graphics card. Seriously. It idles at 57C and when playing UT3 it goes up to 99C. What the hell is up with that? I also bought 3 fans, 2 that are aiming in my gfx direction hence a drop from its usual 67C idling. Now that's what you call hardcore graphics. The game doesn't lag at all. It's very smooth minus the loading jolts and halts in game (once everything gets finished loaded it's 100% smooth). but meh.. I fear for my card when playing. 214F is not a pleasing temperature. Computer was locking up yesterday when overclocked and it hit 99C.. so now if I play UT3 it can't be overclocked. x.x good game though. Big improvement over UT2.
Attached Thumbnails
hotgfx.jpg  
bone-you~v.29 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007, 10:28   #11
bigfry
Semper Fi

bigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond reputebigfry has a reputation beyond repute
do you need a mac daddy cpu for call of duty 4

I have 2gig of ram and I think the graphics card is 256meg. Sound card is a sound blaster. Nothing is top of the line will that be enough

PROUD TO BE AN INFIDEL

A veteran... whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

God Bless the troops

Masada 130/130/127
CaveLord 130/130/130
Old 12-19-2007, 11:45   #12
xQqZx
YnotBanned

xQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond reputexQqZx has a reputation beyond repute
call of duty 4 > halo 3
Old 12-19-2007, 13:02   #13
OBMiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfry View Post
do you need a mac daddy cpu for call of duty 4

I have 2gig of ram and I think the graphics card is 256meg. Sound card is a sound blaster. Nothing is top of the line will that be enough
More than enough I think.. One of the many great things about CoD is that it always runs smoothly on even low specs.. (you might have to play at a lower resolution, but that's about it)

Truth about 9/11
Old 12-19-2007, 14:03   #14
winter remix
Banned

winter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond reputewinter remix has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrick View Post
GameShout news

Crysis:86,633 and Unreal Tournament 3: 33,995. WTF? Publishers/developers aint happy with those figures... Those are not just low numbers, those are ridiculously low numbers. Is that going to be last Unreal Tournament ever?
well crysis prolly bombed out because of its rediculously high minimum specs takes a space station to run that game
winter remix is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007, 19:05   #15
bigfry
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerpker View Post
Call of Duty is awesome, I think better than UT (I love ut too tho) And i haven't played much Crysis, but watch this

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/watch...sis-333902.php
That is awesome it sure make tq's "high def" mode look sad.

PROUD TO BE AN INFIDEL

God Bless the troops

Masada 130/130/127
CaveLord 130/130/130

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: