View Poll Results: Will this suggestion reduce bot problems?
Yes 5 19.23%
No 21 80.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2011, 01:01   #1
WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond repute
A suggestion to stop people from botting.

Mining and leveling bot problem is causing so much lag/problems nowadays. I understand that it is hard for TQ to stop it completely. I also know a lot of players reported to helpdesk before to ban those bots but new bots are coming back very soon. In the end they give up reporting.

I have one suggestion here. Add in one more requirement to promotion at Level 70. Every players must pay certain amount of gold before they can get the L70 promotion. For example. 5mil gold. (If it is too much for new player, may be can lower a bit). Players will be able to claim back the gold at L100 or L110 promotion.

By doing this, it will make normal players troublesome a bit because they need to pay 5mil gold first but they still will be able to claim back later. If this method is working, TQ might consider to remove the requirement to equip pickaxe / hoe at L70 and remove the questions before we enter mine. I guess some of the players do not like to answer those questions.

For those people who using bots, either leveling bot (ninja) or mining bot or hunting bot, they will need to pay a lot of gold first. 5mil x 10 bots = 50mil. It is about 4dbs in my server. Everytime we ban them will cost them a lot of gold.

With the help from other players to report them everyday, I think eventually they will stop botting. Even bulker who using bots will not wasting their time and money like that I think.

I hope someone can forward this to TQ game designer for consideration. This suggestion might have problem. So if anyone of you can think of any problem, please give your suggestion to improve it. Hopefully it can solve the botting problem or reduce it when it is implemented.
WhySoSerious is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21   #2
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Poll.

Let's see. I'm starting on a new server tomorrow and there is no easier way to get rich than to start mining but I or anyone else won't be able to do it we won't have 5 million silvers (or whatever is supposed)?

Plus, since you said we'll be able to claim it back, I'll just reuse the same gold for my 50 or so noobs that level up in a day or so. If we can't claim it back on the other hand, it'll be bull****.

Let's face it, TQ just has to do a better job at finding them. Cz botters will always find a way around it.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 02:08   #3
WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Poll.

Let's see. I'm starting on a new server tomorrow and there is no easier way to get rich than to start mining but I or anyone else won't be able to do it we won't have 5 million silvers (or whatever is supposed)?

Plus, since you said we'll be able to claim it back, I'll just reuse the same gold for my 50 or so noobs that level up in a day or so. If we can't claim it back on the other hand, it'll be bull****.

Let's face it, TQ just has to do a better job at finding them. Cz botters will always find a way around it.
1)
New server. Will need to think about it. May be temporary quest to get promotion or something else.

2)
In a day, that's why I mentioned everyone need to work together to ban them. It is easy and just take few minutes to ban them. They will not have chance to claim back the money. For mining bots, most of them stay at L70.

Why we cannot claim it back? I mentioned we can claim it back at L110 promotion. Normal players just need few miners. I don't think it is hard to create 3 Level 110 miners. I have few 1st reborn 110 accounts.

3)
TQ is not sending GMs to check everyday. It has been long time players request for that. We know the problems. That's why I am suggesting this method to stop the bots.

Your "Let's face it" and "Cz botters will always find a way around it" are statements of giving up. So I have no comments about it.

It is like Virus vs Anti-Virus software. People create new virus, anti-virus software create new patch. Never ending.

But of course this is for players who still want to play CO. For those who already give up, then I have no comments as well.

Good Luck.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:18   #4
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Bots make tons of silver. It will be way more of a strain on actual players than botters. A quest before being able to mine might not be a bad idea though. Something a bot or a person making 1000 characters would have trouble with, but that would be relatively easy for an actual person.

I don't personally see the point in the mine anyway. I'm tired of watching my noobs collect copper for that stupid house upgrade. Give me a quest for that. Take out mining altogether. Who really enjoys sitting there watching their character mine? I much prefer killing stuff.
PatternistSlave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 03:29   #5
WhySoSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatternistSlave View Post
Bots make tons of silver. It will be way more of a strain on actual players than botters. A quest before being able to mine might not be a bad idea though. Something a bot or a person making 1000 characters would have trouble with, but that would be relatively easy for an actual person.

I don't personally see the point in the mine anyway. I'm tired of watching my noobs collect copper for that stupid house upgrade. Give me a quest for that. Take out mining altogether. Who really enjoys sitting there watching their character mine? I much prefer killing stuff.
Can bots make 5mil gold before they reach L70? I dont think so. Because if they can get 5mil before reach L70, they don't need to get 1st reborn and go for L110 to get the db. few accounts of bots already worth a db already.
But if bots really can make few mil before L70 then this suggestion will not work for sure.

A quest before able to mine is good to stop mining bots but how about hunting bots and leveling bots?

Mining is good. You can get a lot of gems (for blue mouse quest), refined gem to compose refined tortoise gem, +1 stone, permanent stone, DB. Gold.

Even do blue mouse quest can get a db (although chances are very very very low). But I get 1 db few days ago. First time for me.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:37   #6
WhySoSerious

For those who voted No. Please write down the reasons.

I think I better suggest this to TQ too. Those who bots sure come here and vote "No" if they see this suggestion.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:46   #7
DenShie

DenShie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
Mining and leveling bot problem is causing so much lag/problems nowadays. I understand that it is hard for TQ to stop it completely. I also know a lot of players reported to helpdesk before to ban those bots but new bots are coming back very soon. In the end they give up reporting.

I have one suggestion here. Add in one more requirement to promotion at Level 70. Every players must pay certain amount of gold before they can get the L70 promotion. For example. 5mil gold. (If it is too much for new player, may be can lower a bit). Players will be able to claim back the gold at L100 or L110 promotion.

By doing this, it will make normal players troublesome a bit because they need to pay 5mil gold first but they still will be able to claim back later. If this method is working, TQ might consider to remove the requirement to equip pickaxe / hoe at L70 and remove the questions before we enter mine. I guess some of the players do not like to answer those questions.

For those people who using bots, either leveling bot (ninja) or mining bot or hunting bot, they will need to pay a lot of gold first. 5mil x 10 bots = 50mil. It is about 4dbs in my server. Everytime we ban them will cost them a lot of gold.

With the help from other players to report them everyday, I think eventually they will stop botting. Even bulker who using bots will not wasting their time and money like that I think.

I hope someone can forward this to TQ game designer for consideration. This suggestion might have problem. So if anyone of you can think of any problem, please give your suggestion to improve it. Hopefully it can solve the botting problem or reduce it when it is implemented.
fail.
botters pick up gold, by the time they reach 70 they will have those 5m..
for regular players they will end up collecting 5m a month..
total fail.

the same with quetions before you enter the mine cave.. bots just abuse the npc.. regular players suffer..
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55   #8
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can bots make 5mil gold before they reach L70? I dont think so. Because if they can get 5mil before reach L70, they don't need to get 1st reborn and go for L110 to get the db. few accounts of bots already worth a db already.
But if bots really can make few mil before L70 then this suggestion will not work for sure.
How do you imagine a new player can make this money before lvl 70 and yet a botter can't?

Quote:
A quest before able to mine is good to stop mining bots but how about hunting bots and leveling bots?
So make the quest a lvling thing. Your idea did nothing but encourage hunting bots so not sure where you're going with that.

Quote:
Mining is good. You can get a lot of gems (for blue mouse quest), refined gem to compose refined tortoise gem, +1 stone, permanent stone, DB. Gold.

Even do blue mouse quest can get a db (although chances are very very very low). But I get 1 db few days ago. First time for me.
So give me plus and perm stones for killing something. I've gotten a few db drops from random monsters. Didn't say you enjoyed mining. Only that you liked what it gave you. But people like mining and that's fine. It still seems like more of a thing a bot would like to do. I wonder why the game would encourage people to tie up the server with inactivity, but hey.

Oh and I've never cheated at any game and I voted no.
PatternistSlave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09   #9
WhySoSerious

1)
Quote:
How do you imagine a new player can make this money before lvl 70 and yet a botter can't?
New players, they need to leveling. Do quest. When they leveling or get plvl at BI, they will pick up gold. They need to actually play the game and get the promotion. If 5mil is too high, then can lower it a bit.

How a bot can earn 5mil before L70? Unless you can prove it, otherwise it is Cannot.

2)
HTML Code:
So make the quest a lvling thing.  Your idea did nothing but encourage hunting bots so not sure where you're going with that.
There is already hunting bots. I don't think this idea will encourage them to bot more.

3)
Quote:
So give me plus and perm stones for killing something. I've gotten a few db drops from random monsters. Didn't say you enjoyed mining. Only that you liked what it gave you. But people like mining and that's fine. It still seems like more of a thing a bot would like to do. I wonder why the game would encourage people to tie up the server with inactivity, but hey.
Give plus and perm stones won't encourage hunting bots???? Hahaha.

By the way, I enjoy mining. I only spend very short time to play CO now. Just interested to find a way to stop those bots.

Quote:
Oh and I've never cheated at any game and I voted no.
Only you know this. : )

Well, if anyone reading this thread have the intention to stop the botting problem may suggest more ideas other than saying Fail or No.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:19   #10
WhySoSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenShie View Post
fail.
botters pick up gold, by the time they reach 70 they will have those 5m..
for regular players they will end up collecting 5m a month..
total fail.

the same with quetions before you enter the mine cave.. bots just abuse the npc.. regular players suffer..

How a leveling bots can pick up 5mil by the time they reach L70? From BI? or TC Pheasant? In BI, they use ninja XP skill to kil extremely fast so that Birdmen won't kill them. Do you think bot are picking gold at that time? If they are picking gold at that time and each of the bot can earn 5mil, THEY DO NOT NEED DB from promotion. Why so difficult to buy moon box and clean water for reborn?

In our server, a DB worth 12mil. 3 bots are already more than a DB. If I was using bots, I will just keep them picking up gold without bother about the promotion DB. By the way, I don't see a lot of money drop when a bot ninja died.

Unless you can prove bots can pick up gold and get 5mil when they reach L70, I will just assume you simply say it here.

So what is your suggestion? Instead of TOTAL FAIL? : )
Old 10-14-2011, 08:34   #11
StillHeart
Heartless

StillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Most bots have a main player whom most likely is rich. Giving 5 mill and getting it returned is nothing for them.
StillHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 09:04   #12
WeeZy.F

WeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond reputeWeeZy.F has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How a leveling bots can pick up 5mil by the time they reach L70?

The same way a new player would?

In BI, they use ninja XP skill to kil extremely fast so that Birdmen won't kill them. Do you think bot are picking gold at that time?

Yes they can do.

If they are picking gold at that time and each of the bot can earn 5mil, THEY DO NOT NEED DB from promotion.

If DB is worth 5mil gold on YOUR server it does NOT mean it is worth 5mil gold on OTHER servers.

In our server, a DB worth 12mil. 3 bots are already more than a DB.

Then chances are, they will take the db from promotion -_-

By the way, I don't see a lot of money drop when a bot ninja died.

Players dont drop gold at death anymore, this applies to ninjas aswell

Unless you can prove bots can pick up gold and get 5mil when they reach L70, I will just assume you simply say it here.

Unless you can prove bots cannot pick up gold and get 5mil when they reach L70, your suggestion isnt a good one
My replies are in bold

Royalty :

<|Vendetta|>
<|Exalted|>
EightFold
Neil
WeeZy.F is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 09:05   #13
WhySoSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHeart View Post
Most bots have a main player whom most likely is rich. Giving 5 mill and getting it returned is nothing for them.
It is about banning them before they can get it back. Need everyone to report them together.

Help desk can ban all of the bots together under same IP. Those rich players will lose a lot of money. If they spending 50mil for 10 bots to get L70 promotion and we managed to ban them before they reach L110. They lose 50mil. I reported to help desk to ban over 30-50 bots these few days easily. Imagine they not yet reach L110 to claim back their money. How much they lose? 50 x 5 mil.

It's okay. I have sent my suggestions with some amendments to TQ.
TQ accepts it or not, that is their decision. At least by banning those bots everyday, my game no longer disconnected or lagging.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:11   #14
Mikeyy
Mikeyy

Mikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond repute
voted no, as bots make money for tq. without money for tq, tq will release ridiculous stupid **** in order to make money.

also @ people taking bout new server, isnt new server for ipad? are there hax for ipad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous~ View Post
You dumb ****.

Last edited by Mikeyy; 10-14-2011 at 09:13.
Mikeyy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 09:22   #15
WhySoSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeZy.F View Post
My replies are in bold

Quote:
The same way a new player would?
As I said, amount can be lowered if it is hard to get it.

Quote:
Yes they can do.
How do you know? Any web site providing those information?

Quote:
If DB is worth 5mil gold on YOUR server it does NOT mean it is worth 5mil gold on OTHER servers.
I didn't say my server db is 5mil. It is 12mil. Even it is not 12mil in other server, low level bot pick up 5mil before L70 is not possible unless they keep killing birdmen at BI.

Quote:
Unless you can prove bots cannot pick up gold and get 5mil when they reach L70, your suggestion isnt a good one
Your comments are just to reject everything I said for fun and didn't really contribute any useful suggestion.

Too bad, everyone just know how to no, fail, not good without giving any better or useful suggestion. That's all you have. That's why botting problems is getting serious.

Never mind. I have suggested this to TQ directly. They want to do it or not, that is their choice. At least my server will not have lagging problem.

Good luck botting kids.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: