Old 01-21-2008, 23:13   #31
xKitex
CO Outlaw

xKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
Understandable that your trying to find a way around the filter to use some of your words that you use in your daily speech
Text is an emotionless medium. We aren't trying to get around a filter we are trying to use some words that we use as a less severe form of a word that carries negative meaning in order to convey a different meaning to our friends.

Quote:
but *** in both instances were the same thing.
There was a definate difference in the emotions conveyed in those sentances. The first was clearly meant as an insult. The second was meant as a playful jest at a friend. For some reason you seem to think we are trying to subvert your authority, when we are simply trying to have a conversation.

MSN: camramandan@hotmail.com

<3 ppl on my frein list, sick of listing ppl

"My babies will be beautiful ninjas!"
-Louie

<3 my lovely wifeh kim, NOT LOUIE!!@!

Appealing as that may be you are fairly certain anything that bleeds candy is better left untouched.
xKitex is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2008, 23:17   #32
Daed
Banned

Daed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond reputeDaed has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Daed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
Understandable that your trying to find a way around the filter to use some of your words that you use in your daily speech but *** in both instances were the same thing.

Read my sig, then send mail to that email address. Yes I read them.
No they aren't. One is a statement, possibly hateful. The other is playful.
Daed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 00:36   #33
MaNuaL

MaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond reputeMaNuaL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCaznGiRL View Post
^^^ .. please explain to me WTF.
i been on forums way longer than you, never got a warning or whatnut.
surely as hell played this game way longer than you
[even though that makes no difference]
but as what i see & understand...
you are just abusing your power as mod.
explain how am i "by-passing?"
i wrote ****in, not ****en.
im pretty sure im old enough to use the word ****in

"All the best",
Mel.

i had a warning aswell for sayinf ****ing but...
the point is i think it aint wrong. let the bm look for ppl who insult ppl instead of warning ppl for saying that F word or sumthing else
Current level: 110
Reborn: No

Last edited by BlackMagics; 01-22-2008 at 09:00.
MaNuaL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 00:46   #34
xKitex
CO Outlaw

xKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond reputexKitex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengey
Personally, I think these language filters are absoulte crap. Especially the in-game ones. Everyone HEARS the words everywhere in every day life, so seriously what is up with all these stupid *****s? Its how people speak, and last time I looked there was this thing called freedom of speech. So what if people "by-pass" the filter, in all honesty u cannot say someone is by-passing when many many people actually spell words like that. I have seen the word ****ing more then ive seen the word ****ing, I tend to use fuggen as the spelling for it, does that mean i'm by-passing because thats how i talk? Some of these mods really need to get out and find a life, because seriously sending out warnings for stupid ****...im sure there are way better things ur time can be wasted on. Unless someone msgs a mod with a problem with a post, leave it the hell alone, seriously. Diamond community has and always will be this way. We have never appreciated mods coming in uninvited and screwing with us. If we want ur help, we'll ask for it. Until then leave the minor crap alone and go deal with some serious offenses, which being this forum doesnt have any...run along k.
Posting for vengey since she swore off the forums.

MSN: camramandan@hotmail.com

<3 ppl on my frein list, sick of listing ppl

"My babies will be beautiful ninjas!"
-Louie

<3 my lovely wifeh kim, NOT LOUIE!!@!

Appealing as that may be you are fairly certain anything that bleeds candy is better left untouched.

Last edited by BlackMagics; 01-22-2008 at 09:01.
xKitex is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 01:01   #35
NyCaznGiRL
Melissa^-^

NyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeNyCaznGiRL has a reputation beyond repute
amen to what vengy said.

haters only make you famous.
NyCaznGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 02:25   #36
lolen

lolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond repute
*** is a danish football team rofl
Level: 130-130-136
Build: Water - War - Troj

Roxas~ Speaks to Bob~: nice bot mark
lolen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 03:08   #37
Suicune
Goover

Suicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond repute
How about ****?

Tro-War-Tro

QUIT

Last edited by BlackMagics; 01-22-2008 at 09:02.
Suicune is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23   #38
~st3alth"
FMLYHM

~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute
well here is a little story about the word ****.... it was a medievil word, it was writen on a sign and when 2 couples got married it was put on the door of there house to let people know they were having sex, it stood for
Fornicating
Under
Comment of the
King

Keep your guard up
and your buddies in mind
good friends bail u out of jail
True friends are the ones sitting next to you saying "were flucked"
~Pitbull~ lvl 134-134-134 Water-War-Troj
~Stealth~ 131-131-1XX pure troj
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bankai View Post
And it's Ian we're talkin about here, he is somewhat of a god.
~st3alth" is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 03:25   #39
DrunkenMonkey
K.

DrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDrunkenMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesser View Post
If you really want to know, its pretty self explanatory, no offense intended. Writing **** isn't bypassing, and *** is, hence the term bypassing.
ur avatar owns
Old 01-22-2008, 04:32   #40
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERZELEID View Post
**** off? ,,!,
Umm no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKitex View Post
Text is an emotionless medium. We aren't trying to get around a filter we are trying to use some words that we use as a less severe form of a word that carries negative meaning in order to convey a different meaning to our friends.
A less severe word would be a new word in general. Instead of using the second ***, why not use the same one? I will figure out the same meaning.

Quote:
There is a big difference between me saying 'That guy is totally ***' and 'pfft man your *** :P'
Even other safer words to fill the void is fine.

Quote:
There is a big difference between me saying 'That guy is totally fruity' and 'pfft man your a fruit :P'
If your using a word that is similar to a filtered word then it looks a lot more like bypassing to anyone else rather than a different meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKitex View Post
There was a definate difference in the emotions conveyed in those sentances. The first was clearly meant as an insult. The second was meant as a playful jest at a friend. For some reason you seem to think we are trying to subvert your authority, when we are simply trying to have a conversation.
As I have just replied above about a recommendation for change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daed View Post
No they aren't. One is a statement, possibly hateful. The other is playful.
Yet both words can be used inter-changably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune View Post
How about FCUK?

Yes.

And to drunken mokey yes that last word you typed can be a bypass too.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:37   #41
Dynatron
AznChxFtW

Dynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond reputeDynatron has a reputation beyond repute
such a heated topic =D and seeing hows i bored ima reply
@ Durant
all i can say is, i rekon power abusing is going on..diamond is a friendly laid back server in which we are all accustomed to rough talk..( specially us auzzies, bloodyhell, f****k{}, **** are the norm down here in auzzie land ) one of the reasons in fact i think were a good server is for that exact reason..we can joke around at each other, speak how we would normaly speak in rl, always a reminder that we are real peep..all sitting at our comps with a cold beer/coke to relax after a hard days work/studn *nods*

iv been mods in afew gaming forums, all i can see thats happning is a guy somewhere can only feel good about himself, and sleep at night by going to his cp and *warning* peep that they cant have fun and joke around,with their mates...that instead on using everyday curse words we all have to use our SupeR!!...MigHty!!!..FanMaNTastic linguistics skills to *in deep mature smart guy sounding voice* to communicate directly or in-directly as mature and respected people*slighty faster*of our country and our planet and the development of our children as a whole.......

im not saying dont do your job.. but mods are here to generally keep order..make sure things dont get too out of hand..think hes jumping the gun abit... and too often

It seems to me to be the story of corperal punishment. the harsher u are to your people..the more they wont listen to you...corperal punishment doesnt work..neither does a mod abusing his power as youve clearly seen

PS... whats with fixed nix!!!! i see it everywhere now... god damn is annoying > . <

*in australian accent* Anyway take it easy mAYte

'`~'slinky~'~`'
LvL 130
Water

'`~' Dynatron '~`'
LvL 131
Fire

'`~'!Zero~'~`'
LvL 131
Trojan
Dynatron is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 05:41   #42
Suicune
Goover

Suicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond reputeSuicune has a reputation beyond repute
Why can't they be more like zain or tri... >.>
Tro-War-Tro

QUIT
Suicune is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 05:42   #43
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynatron View Post
such a heated topic =D and seeing hows i bored ima reply
@ Durant
all i can say is, i rekon power abusing is going on..diamond is a friendly laid back server in which we are all accustomed to rough talk..( specially us auzzies, bloodyhell, f****k{}, **** are the norm down here in auzzie land ) one of the reasons in fact i think were a good server is for that exact reason..we can joke around at each other, speak how we would normaly speak in rl, always a reminder that we are real peep..all sitting at our comps with a cold beer/coke to relax after a hard days work/studn *nods*

iv been mods in afew gaming forums, all i can see thats happning is a guy somewhere can only feel good about himself, and sleep at night by going to his cp and *warning* peep that they cant have fun and joke around,with their mates...that instead on using everyday curse words we all have to use our SupeR!!...MigHty!!!..FanMaNTastic linguistics skills to *in deep mature smart guy sounding voice* to communicate directly or in-directly as mature and respected people*slighty faster*of our country and our planet and the development of our children as a whole.......

im not saying dont do your job.. but mods are here to generally keep order..make sure things dont get too out of hand..think hes jumping the gun abit... and too often

It seems to me to be the story of corperal punishment. the harsher u are to your people..the more they wont listen to you...corperal punishment doesnt work..neither does a mod abusing his power as youve clearly seen

PS... whats with fixed nix!!!! i see it everywhere now... god damn is annoying > . <

*in australian accent* Anyway take it easy mAYte
The thing is we dont have a problem with the way you talk if its not bypassing the filter. I like to **** around in Suggestions. See I still said what I wanted and it could still be interpretted by the people who know me or the intended reader.

As long as you guys dont bypass which is showing intent on using swear words, then you should be fine. Use your language skills wisely and you should be able to get along good here.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:35   #44
lolen

lolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond reputelolen has a reputation beyond repute
rofl i don't get why the mods don't just leave us the **** alone =D. Our section has been doing great on it's on without "help" from mods lol.

why don't you just do like trunks did Only close a thread if there's flame directed towards a person? And ignore all the "bypasses" rofl.
Level: 130-130-136
Build: Water - War - Troj

Roxas~ Speaks to Bob~: nice bot mark

Last edited by BlackMagics; 01-22-2008 at 09:05.
lolen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54   #45
Durant
Angry X***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolen View Post
rofl i don't get why the mods don't just leave us the ** alone =D. Our section has been doing great on it's on without "help" from mods lol.

why don't you just do like trunks did Only close a thread if there's flame directed towards a person? And ignore all the "bypasses" rofl.
Umm because were not trunks?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: