Old 01-11-2012, 12:23   #1
crstal167
iPadTester

crstal167 is on a distinguished road
Unacceptable Progress..

A note to all GM's in charge of this server. I hope, and it is in my belief that I speak for all players on server GoldenApple, that the progress in updating the iPad CO version is unacceptable. As I was the first tester on the server I know of the progression rate, months have passed. Errors such as Market and Revive skill have been noted to your team. I understand that CO must be very busy with the new release of Pirate coming out today (which I congratulate you on), however this server should never have been released with so many fixes that have yet to be addressed and resolved. As evidence of insufficient attention from TQ Digital and CO programmers, mining has been removed and has not been resolved for a very long time. You have caused great fluxuations in game item prices, such as euxenite ore which now sells for 2-3DBS. I hope than in due time, hopefully 1 or 2 weeks, that the server will be completely operational. GW has been corrupted and the Market is in chaos because of the fixes that have yet to be resolved. Please get on this.

-Mason on behalf of server GoldenApple
crstal167 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 16:11   #2
KingOfGems

KingOfGems is on a distinguished road
I agree with you, lots of things needed to have been fixed before the official release of Ipad CO but they are worried about the pirate expansion coming out more than the Ipad CO atm. Which I think they could have held off to release the Ipad CO just untill the bugs were fixed
KingOfGems is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 18:10   #3
aussie123
Wilko

aussie123 is on a distinguished road
Totally agree

this is a great thread, what makes iPad users any less impoertant than pc users? many people have spent some amount of money on this game. We deserve at least a market, I mean c'mon. When will we see pirates and enjoy the new prizes and events pc users are enjoying?
Old 01-11-2012, 20:14   #4
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to trunks006
Quote:
Originally Posted by crstal167 View Post
A note to all GM's in charge of this server. I hope, and it is in my belief that I speak for all players on server GoldenApple, that the progress in updating the iPad CO version is unacceptable. As I was the first tester on the server I know of the progression rate, months have passed. Errors such as Market and Revive skill have been noted to your team. I understand that CO must be very busy with the new release of Pirate coming out today (which I congratulate you on), however this server should never have been released with so many fixes that have yet to be addressed and resolved. As evidence of insufficient attention from TQ Digital and CO programmers, mining has been removed and has not been resolved for a very long time. You have caused great fluxuations in game item prices, such as euxenite ore which now sells for 2-3DBS. I hope than in due time, hopefully 1 or 2 weeks, that the server will be completely operational. GW has been corrupted and the Market is in chaos because of the fixes that have yet to be resolved. Please get on this.

-Mason on behalf of server GoldenApple
actually, gw was corrupted the moment the decision was made to let you guys keep your test accounts.

[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what colour is your nipples?[21:54]
[Friend]Taggerung speaks to Taunt: wow.[21:55]
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what u got saggy ones[21:55]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
trunks006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 22:21   #5
do~the~dance

do~the~dance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
actually, gw was corrupted the moment the decision was made to let you guys keep your test accounts.
Agreed
do~the~dance is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2012, 01:11   #6
aussie123
Wilko

aussie123 is on a distinguished road
Agreed.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:00   #7
StarDestruction
iPadPlayer

StarDestruction is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was probably the third or fourth tester, and I definitely was the only one tagging along with Mason, so I agree with many of the things he is saying..

I don't want either of our statements to come off unappreciative. The decision to let us keep our accounts, in my honest opinion, helped spur an interesting and active server from the start. I could list many reasons as to why, but I don't want to tarnish my sincere thanks for your decision.

However, these issues have been plaguing the server for a long time. I can't comment on computer programming or anything like that. But if you can program an entire game for the iPad, it would seem reasonable to be able to fix a few things -- but I could be wrong.

In any case, I can list off a few things Mason may have forgotten.. I'll just make a complete list of everything.

Water skills such as revive and XP revive.
A delay before being able to jump in devine hare as well.
Guild War gates and the pole being unable to be healed.
Disconnection issues for people when there are more than 15-20 people in an area.
*** A big one here -- being unable to repair totally broken items ***
Fixed skills not appearing / working -- such as Fast Blade and Viper fang.

These fixes are important, but I in no way want to seem rude.

Thanks for listening.
StarDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2012, 15:32   #8
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDestruction View Post
The decision to let us keep our accounts, in my honest opinion, helped spur an interesting and active server from the start. I could list many reasons as to why, but I don't want to tarnish my sincere thanks for your decision.
So basically what you're saying is, testers keeping their accounts DIDN'T make guild war completely unfair. It also somehow didn't ruin the economy because you guys have all the CPs and cash saved up? When the new guys go in and got rocked by the testers, there's a problem. All of you had a huge head start over 95% of the server for absolutely no reason. You know what else would have spurred an interesting and active server from the start? Double EXP, met shower, drop rate increase, I could go on and on, but notice that all of these keep the playing field LEVELED and doesn't favour testers for doing their jobs. Your opinion is biased because you were one of the people that benefited from this decision.

Quote:
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
Old 01-12-2012, 16:28   #9
do~the~dance

do~the~dance is on a distinguished road
Tricky, yes the Beta testers who put the effort in have hugely benefited of that there is no doubt. I recently got lucky due to having Euxenite ores mined during this time.

Looking back the testers did not have much to do except level and save cash & cps. It was not true beta testing as the server has changed little since the initial build. We were all told that the server was to be wiped so those that put the time in have been rewarded, I simply made nubs of different classes looking for bugs and suggested to Elliot that those who tested received a mount or garment as recognition but the final decision seemed to have been made 3 or 4 days prior to the app being available via Apple not to wipe.

Nothing will be changed now, I noticed Star has a VIP icon on some of the screenshots maybe that was his reward from TQ, dunno.

Wall of text, it's late and I'm babbling...
do~the~dance is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38   #10
StarDestruction
iPadPlayer

StarDestruction is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So basically what you're saying is, testers keeping their accounts DIDN'T make guild war completely unfair. It also somehow didn't ruin the economy because you guys have all the CPs and cash saved up? When the new guys go in and got rocked by the testers, there's a problem. All of you had a huge head start over 95% of the server for absolutely no reason. You know what else would have spurred an interesting and active server from the start? Double EXP, met shower, drop rate increase, I could go on and on, but notice that all of these keep the playing field LEVELED and doesn't favour testers for doing their jobs. Your opinion is biased because you were one of the people that benefited from this decision.
Is my opinion biased? Absolutely.

Did I gain off of being a tester? Absolutely.

But you sir, are completely wrong.

I had zero cps saved up coming out of the testing. I had full bound gears, minus my tower.

When the server came out, I gave away everything I had. I gave away almost 100 expballs, countless +1 stones and advice and plvl.

The ONE THING I profited off of? Mets. Mets mets mets mets mets. I hunted them all AFTER being a beta tester too.

We all figured our accounts would be deleted. So we didn't save like crazy. We threw things away, spent frivolously and enjoyed ourselves.

When the server opened, we still figured our accounts would be de-leveld or reduced, so we continued to do much of the same.

Fair guild wars? How could guild wars be any more fair? Within the first 7 days of play, do you honestly think a noob army could take down guild war gates -- let alone the guild war pole??? The first two weeks were a free 6000 cps in the hands of many beginners. That number is before counting CTF even.

We spurred an economy and made money for TQ by having and hunting certain materials people needed from the start. Instead of buying everything from the shop, people were able to buy some things from us.

All of this is not to mention the advice, friends and competition gained from having a few experienced players around.

Sounds like a win-win for everybody. Me included.

Cato,

Quote:
Originally Posted by do~the~dance View Post
Tricky, yes the Beta testers who put the effort in have hugely benefited of that there is no doubt. I recently got lucky due to having Euxenite ores mined during this time.

Looking back the testers did not have much to do except level and save cash & cps. It was not true beta testing as the server has changed little since the initial build. We were all told that the server was to be wiped so those that put the time in have been rewarded, I simply made nubs of different classes looking for bugs and suggested to Elliot that those who tested received a mount or garment as recognition but the final decision seemed to have been made 3 or 4 days prior to the app being available via Apple not to wipe.

Nothing will be changed now, I noticed Star has a VIP icon on some of the screenshots maybe that was his reward from TQ, dunno.

Wall of text, it's late and I'm babbling...
You made a goooood move with those Euxenite ores bro ^^. I wish I had done that.

To comment on the VIP icon, I haven't bought many CPs.. Just two $30 ones with gift cards. That VIP icon is a glitch, as it doesn't give me anything, and periodically it isn't even there. I couldn't tell you what it is, but if it's a reward, I haven't been using it .

We all collected bugs in different ways. I did every quest I could find, to make sure they worked. Some didn't.

OK. I admit -- I didn't do the 2nd rebirth quest

Being able to keep the Char was ample reward for me. I can summarize what I gained off it. A leveling head start, and therefore I could hunt meteors and a few moon boxes. I didn't stockpile CPs, like aforementioned.

Last edited by StarDestruction; 01-13-2012 at 09:46.
StarDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2012, 23:32   #11
MysteryForumMan

MysteryForumMan is on a distinguished road
ANDDDD the "Gained most from stockpiling items" award goes to: EnRoN!
MysteryForumMan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21   #12
Elliot

Elliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond reputeElliot has a reputation beyond repute
the update on iPad is unlike PC version, so it will take more time to finish, to know what will come in next update, please check my post on Event you want thread.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:22   #13
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
the update on iPad is unlike PC version, so it will take more time to finish, to know what will come in next update, please check my post on Event you want thread.
http://bbs.co.91.com/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=19

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: