Old 02-21-2013, 16:59   #1
Star_Forge
BottersSUK

Star_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond repute
pure monk with dual blades

so thinking i wana realot nd get 176 strength so i can use dual blades on my pure monk. um any tips for doing this like anything stopping me? and anything other than the 176 strength i need? also use it for shackle so my realot would be 176 strength, 36 agility, rest on hp?

thanks in advance for any advice

TwixNZ-new warrior leveling all over again, ohhh fun!
Star_Forge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 17:38   #2
storm159
xalxixinha

storm159 is on a distinguished road
First of all u shouldn't go dual blade, i'd rather Blade/Club or Blade/Sword, i like phoenix and i find it useful.

Go pure monk that way only if u have some1 else to stig you in important fights.

Go for 176 str / 36 agi only if u want to do wwk+fb/ss combo, otherwise just bug the weapons on your char and go full HP.

I think that's all :S
Old 02-21-2013, 18:04   #3
StillHeart
Heartless

StillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Couple thoughts. Never just go dual blades...you'll get raped everywhere and be useless at GWars. You need beads as a secondary to keep your versatility up, especially when you are faced with bulked up noob classes.

1. You can do the wwk+fb/ss combo. If you want to go the cheap route...you could keep level 70 beads. And save those 38 AP for your hp.

2. You can do the wwk+fb/ss combo, but also keep RP as a back up. In that case you'd need a second pair of weapons and give up 38 agility.

3. There is no real need to be pure monk. Unless you have one of the highest bps in the server. So I would suggestion going a different path. Depending on what you want. More skills? wat-nin-mon is good. Want reflect? wat-war-mon is good. Want to kill bosses? Wat-tro-mon is good. It's up to you.
StillHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 19:06   #4
KennyC

KennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond repute
As a monk that actually does this (beads, club and blade), I recommend it. It's fun. Though if your bp isn't higher than 350, you're better off as a wat war monk.
KennyC is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 19:09   #5
Star_Forge
BottersSUK

Star_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond reputeStar_Forge has a reputation beyond repute
well i love shackling people to help out in ctf and what not so keep that, il have my beads on alternate gear slots, but really just wanted the awesome look of the blades dnt really care about how much i die its all fun for me tbh. so yea was just wondering the best way to do it and what not

Old 02-21-2013, 19:14   #6
KennyC

KennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond reputeKennyC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Forge View Post
well i love shackling people to help out in ctf and what not so keep that, il have my beads on alternate gear slots, but really just wanted the awesome look of the blades dnt really care about how much i die its all fun for me tbh. so yea was just wondering the best way to do it and what not
Then yeah. 176 str, 36 agi, rest in vit. Enjoy
Old 02-21-2013, 19:21   #7
Star_Forge
BottersSUK

so why blade/club is it just for higher attk? or something else

Old 02-21-2013, 19:26   #8
KennyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Forge View Post
so why blade/club is it just for higher attk? or something else
No point going dual blade, since you get more attack with a club, you get rage, and can't herc with dual blades anyway.

Also, clubs also look nice paired with a blade.

Oh, and a blade doesn't add all that much attack over a bead if it's in the left hand. Better to put Club in right hand, and blade in left hand (I got my blade in my right hand in the photo because my club is crap, and my club proficiency is only 18 at the moment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24439311.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	148456  

Last edited by KennyC; 02-21-2013 at 19:33.
Old 02-21-2013, 19:30   #9
Star_Forge
BottersSUK

true that looks friggin awesome XD

Old 02-21-2013, 19:39   #10
KennyC

Also, because blade doesn't add much more attack than a bead when it's in the left hand, you could consider 2 beads and a blade in alt. Saves you from having to get refineries and dragonsouls for another weapon, which gets annoying, unless the payoff is worth it (which it would be if you went with club blade, not as much with dual blade).

Also, a blade with a bead looks even more awesome, imo.

Though it can get a tad confusing to know which weapon set you're in during a match, since both get the somersault jump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25597409.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	148460  

Last edited by KennyC; 02-21-2013 at 19:50.
Old 02-21-2013, 20:14   #11
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Why would you go blade-blade? Go club blade, more damage.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 21:05   #12
n00dlez
n00blez

n00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever's the cheapest, go for it.
Shackle shackle shackle
n00dlez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 22:28   #13
Raliuga
Banned

Raliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond repute
Why not sword2sword? Wwk>stun>melee
Raliuga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 22:44   #14
KennyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raliuga View Post
Why not sword2sword? Wwk>stun>melee
Because if you're gonna melee as a monk, you may as well go with a 200+ agility triple attack build.
Old 02-22-2013, 16:06   #15
Star_Forge
BottersSUK

plus didnt they remove the ability to do the wwk+triple combo? also that blade+bead combo looks awesome u can still fb right? might be an option

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: