Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 04:19   #1
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Superman Guide

Not sure if we have something like this already. Don't really care.

This is just to help some people with superman... tips, hints, etc. Mainly because I get dozens of people PMing me, asking how I can lvl so fast. Well, this is it.

Weapons

A big question by many starting-out warriors is what weapon they should use.
Well, do what you want for PvP, but when it comes to lvling, here are the main contenders:
Club
Wand
Poleaxe/Longhammer (they're the same)
Glaive
Whip

They all have their own advantages and disadvantages.

One hand weapons

For one-hand weapons (useful for those of you who need a shield, if you don't have enough defense), your options are club and whip, basically.
Now most people will laugh at you if you use a whip. That's ok, let them laugh. Whips are great.
Personally, when it comes to superman, I would prefer a whip to a club.

Most people who have never tried a whip will tell you that clubs have a superior skill, and superior damage.
Well, that's true. But not completely true.
Rage (club skill) is superior to Roamer (whip skill). There's no getting around that.
But in SM, hopefully you won't be relying on the skill to activate too much.

Club has higher average damage than whip - that is true. However, it has much, much lower minimum damage.
That means, if you want to 1-shot a monster every time (which is necessary to keep up SM in some places), the lower min. damage will require you to use a lot more dragon gems. And the more dragon gems you have, the less rainbow ones you can get!

That's why I prefer whip to club. Although for those of you relying on the skill, stick with the club. All weapons have their individual uses, as I said.

Two hand weapons

When it comes to two-handed weapons, the debate heats up a bit, and gets more complicated.
Most experienced warriors use a 2h for lvling, simply because its much easier to keep up SM. The main reason you would use a 1h is because you need the extra defense.

The most popular 2h weapon for SM is wand, by a long way. This is my personal preference also.
Wand has a 360 degree skill with a good activation rate, and has a high minimum damage.

Glaive has the best average damage of the 2h weapons, although the lower activation rate and the fact that the skill is only 180 degrees bugs me.

Poleaxe/longhammer are my least favourite, because although they have massive max. damage, they have incredibly low min. damage, and skill activation. Use at your own risk.

Monsters

On the lists below, the number after the monster is the attack needed to 1-shot the monster (not factoring in weapon skills). Note that some monsters (mainly those toward the bottom of the list) you will need to 1-shot to maintain constant, while others you will not.

Monsters I, personally, have kept constant SM at (1000 KO+) from easiest to hardest:

Lab1 Slingers (3,000)
BI Hawkings (1,500)
AZ AlienApes (1,540)
Lab2 Bladelings (3,300)
BI Birdmen (1,400)
AZ SeniorSnakeMen (2,100)
AZ AlienSerpents (3,500)
AZ Basilisks (6,000)
Lab4 Minotaurs (6,000)

Monsters I can keep semi-constant SM at (60 KO+)

Lab3 BlueBirds (3,800)
DC Blademonsters (1,100)

Not many in this list because I lvl almost exclusively at the monsters in the first list.

Monsters others have told me they can keep constant SM at:

DisCity HellTrolls
DisCity Centicores
DisCity Temptress
DisCity Naga

Not sure of their HP. If you know, PM me.

Although the difference between 1000+ KO and 60+ KO seems massive, it really is not. Unless you are aiming for a KO-board, for whatever reason, it really doesn't matter. Remember, you can refresh your superman at roughly 75 kills, so as long as you get close to that, you're pretty much SMing all the time.

Tips

The Notorious KO Bug

As you experienced SMers no doubt know, the KO bug can be an absolute *****.

For those that don't know, the KO bug prematurely ends your SM/cyclone if you kill too fast, and can seriously hamper your lvling.

Here's how you can avoid it:

When you get to 80-85 KOs, if the new SM has not come up yet, STOP, and WAIT. Click the new one when it comes up.
If you go much over this limit, you will encounter The Bug.

Note: You are only likely to be affected by The Bug in lab1, hawkings, DisCity and possibly birdmen/AA. In other places, it is exceedingly difficult to kill that fast. If you've had problems with it elsewhere (note, only interested in SM here, not cyclone), do tell me and I will add it.

Fast Jumping

There are a few ways to increase the speed at which you jump from one mob to another.

The easiest way is to play on a female warrior and use a shield. Your jumping speed will be increased greatly, which helps a lot.

There are other, more subtle ways, too.

The real problem when SMing is getting bogged down by attack animations. To jump fast, you want to avoid these animations as much as possible. There are a few ways to do this.
Clicking on a monster, and jumping away before the attack actually connects, can sometimes avoid the animation.
Unfortunately, its very difficult to do this reliably, and weapon skills will often still stop you.

A more reliable way of doing it is to hotkey a pose (sit, cool, wave, whatever) on F1/2/3/4. Something easily accessible.

Now, whenever you attack, hit that key just as you do so, and jump straight away. This way, you can always avoid the animation. With a bit of practice, you can do it every time.

Note that I rarely bother doing this. It probably causes arthritis or something. But for those struggling to keep up constant SM, give this a go.

Dealing with Lag

Many people complain about lag stopping their SMs.

Well I'm sorry, but that's no excuse!

Its perfectly possible to keep constant SM at anything up to a few thousand ping.

Simply pretend the lag is not there!
You heard me.

When you attack a monster, jump away straight away, as you would normally do. DON'T sit there looking stupid while you wait for it to die. It WILL die. Hopefully.
Remember, in SM your accuracy is increased tenfold, so you will very, very rarely miss, so you can pretty much assume you hit every time.

Using Noobs

If you're really struggling to maintain SM, here's a last-resort trick, which is very annoying to use.

Create four warriors noobs, and get them to lvl 15. Learn roar.

Put them and your main in a team.

Simply use roar on all the noobs as it comes up until SM comes along, use it, and when you run out, start roaring again! You can recharge your XP bar instantly.

Good luck, super-people...

If anyone has managed a constant/semi-constant KO anywhere other than mentioned, please post (with screenshot if possible) and I will add it to the list.

For other questions about lvling warriors, look at SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Quote:
Posted by RioT-StarteR / TrustZeusHA / Serphimera
HTAPAWASO is right again!
Quote:
Posted by cruskette / SioKanla / K-J / distort / svrngr53 / happyfreaker
HTAPAWASO is always right

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
HTA's Lab Guide~Damage/Experience Guide~Superman Guide~Archer Damage Calculator
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
Red Or Green's Warrior Farming Guide
PhoenixFire's Money-Making Guide
SioKanla's Warrior Guide

Last edited by HTAPAWASOv2.0; 07-28-2007 at 09:53.
HTAPAWASOv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 04:40   #2
BladeWingRising
Banned

BladeWingRising is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BladeWingRising
i got a 1200 ko count at pheasants does that count? i dont take screenies takes up space on my hard drive and good guide btw i like it
Old 07-21-2007, 05:02   #3
SolarEvolution
Zombie

SolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was lag causing my sm to suddenly end, wow that sucks lol.

thanks for the info
SolarEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 05:22   #4
Kazirem
@g-gate

Kazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond repute
I get the SM bug at stage 2 in dis city
Kazirem is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 05:24   #5
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Kazirem
I get the SM bug at stage 2 in dis city
Never done dis.

I will add it though.

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeWingRising
i got a 1200 ko count at pheasants does that count? i dont take screenies takes up space on my hard drive and good guide btw i like it
I've done that with cyclone, but never SM.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-21-2007, 06:07   #6
Adtje
Banned

Adtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, you can add 2nd stage of DisCity to the list. Although getting up to 1k kills is rather useless, since you can get to Wraiths at around 600-700 kills. Sorry for the lack of a SS.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:27   #7
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Adtje
Yea, you can add 2nd stage of DisCity to the list. Although getting up to 1k kills is rather useless, since you can get to Wraiths at around 600-700 kills. Sorry for the lack of a SS.
What are the monsters called?
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-21-2007, 06:43   #8
LetoKynes
ok

LetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond reputeLetoKynes has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, totally didn't think of the attack animation slowing things down..

Today I've been training at birds with my war and I could rarely go past 30, and once I did it with that jumping technique of yours I got to 70+ on my first try

thanks a bunch, gonna help me alot

My Guides:
Phoenix Skill Colors
Super Weapons

Chaotic Neutral
LetoKynes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 06:50   #9
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by LetoKynes
Awesome, totally didn't think of the attack animation slowing things down..

Today I've been training at birds with my war and I could rarely go past 30, and once I did it with that jumping technique of yours I got to 70+ on my first try

thanks a bunch, gonna help me alot
Glad to hear that

I've heard a lot of ways of skipping the animation, but thats the only one I could get to work reliably.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-21-2007, 09:31   #10
RazielX
Teh Reaver

RazielX is a splendid one to beholdRazielX is a splendid one to beholdRazielX is a splendid one to beholdRazielX is a splendid one to beholdRazielX is a splendid one to beholdRazielX is a splendid one to behold
Nice guide dude.. I can only manage 2500-3000 with the botters in the crowded places.. if they weren't there and I had the patience to, I could easily clear 10k within a few hours so lag isn't the issue heh

But yeah, looks good.. Superman rocks
:: RazzaMatazz - 112>110+ Water-Archer ::
"Vae Victus - Woe to the Conquered!"
RazielX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 09:40   #11
BdB
Canadian

Location: Watcha gonna do when I come for you, Bad Boy, Bad Boy.
BdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond reputeBdB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Superman Guide

Quote:
Originally posted by HTAPAWASOv2.0
[color=red]Not sure if we have something like this already. Don't really care.
Very nice guide and well done!

-Bad
  • BbyBd
  • Csr
  • Suggs
BdB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 16:06   #12
Adtje
Banned

Adtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by HTAPAWASOv2.0
What are the monsters called?
-thinks-

HellTrolls
Centicores
Temptress
Naga

Think its those 4, or something like that. Next Tuesday ill know for sure
Old 07-21-2007, 16:27   #13
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Adtje
-thinks-

HellTrolls
Centicores
Temptress
Naga

Think its those 4, or something like that. Next Tuesday ill know for sure
Ta. I'll add it.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-21-2007, 16:54   #14
distort~v2
Banned

distort~v2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm at where u are in lab1 and i go down-right, just a bit above the big fire thing where the mass spawn is

however, i cant get infinite SMs there

the monsters dont respawn fast enough

what's wrong???

can you fraps urself doing 500-600 or so just so u can demonstrate how to sm in labby???

birds>labs at SM IMO lolz
distort~v2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2007, 16:59   #15
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by distort~v2
I'm at where u are in lab1 and i go down-right, just a bit above the big fire thing where the mass spawn is

however, i cant get infinite SMs there

the monsters dont respawn fast enough

what's wrong???

can you fraps urself doing 500-600 or so just so u can demonstrate how to sm in labby???

birds>labs at SM IMO lolz
The best spawn in lab1 is just to the left of the massive gold ghost spawn, near where the boss is.

That is so painfully easy I cannot see how anybody could fail to get constant there, tbh. Your problem is probably the KO bug. Read the section on that.

If you still can't do it for some reason, yeah I'll make you a video when my next war is lvl 100. Should be about a week (im lazy atm).
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide