View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?
Yes 4 36.36%
No 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 13:17   #16
mercenary

mercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TG, conductress and GC revamp

Quote:
Originally posted by HTAPAWASOv2.0
So many threads about reducing inflation, I decided to make one of my own.

My suggestion is to increase cost of:
TG, from 1k to 100k
conductress, from 100 silvers to 1k
GC, from 500 (I think?) to 2k

Why?

At the moment, inflation is gripping every server, and is increasing greatly. This is due mainly to the moneybags from lottery, which pump large amounts of gold into the economy without taking any out.

The only ways of removing gold currently are through guild fund, and NPCs.

This would help reduce inflation because, obviously, the NPCs would take more gold out of the economy, and also the free TG from winning GW would be more valuable, so more people would go and waste their gold there.

Now 100k for TG is obviously unfair for those who D/C regularly, so I decided to include a slight change in the way TG operates.
Once you pay your 100k, you have free access to the TG for the next 24 hours, whether you d/c or leave TG for whatever reason.
Oh, and stealing ananta's idea, free TG would also apply for guild allies.

It is my hope that this change would not only decrease gold on servers, making everything cheaper, but would also liven up GuildWar. Please vote, and tell me what you think. I'm open to criticism.
yes inflation is a problem but tq needs to fix it by making drops from hunting proportionate, the average account makes no more now than they did 4 years ago when co opened while hunting, drops should be increased so that it isn't so insane to hunt to save and buy things such as dbs, or sockets without paypaling for them....like it used to be >.>

mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 13:26   #17
K-J
fails irl

K-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well I tried to make it vaguely guild-oriented, by incorporating the guild allies getting free TG access.

Let's not forget, guilds already get free GCs and TG... so, if it were more expensive, this would be a much greater benefit.

Also, the winner's guild fund would go up very fast with these increased prices.

Maybe 5% of the cost of TG/conductress/GC could come out of guild fund?
none of those things are gonna make people donate to guild -_-

K-J is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 13:29   #18
ananta...~v.2
Banned

ananta...~v.2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You didn't read my whole first post?

When you pay the 100k, you get unrestricted access for 24 hours, even if you leave TG.
ow :x i did read that but i guess i didnt think about it
ananta...~v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 13:31   #19
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: TG, conductress and GC revamp

Quote:
Originally posted by mercenary
yes inflation is a problem but tq needs to fix it by making drops from hunting proportionate, the average account makes no more now than they did 4 years ago when co opened while hunting, drops should be increased so that it isn't so insane to hunt to save and buy things such as dbs, or sockets without paypaling for them....like it used to be >.>
More money dropping from monsters won't decrease inflation, it will increase it.

That's not a long term solution.
Quote:
Posted by RioT-StarteR / TrustZeusHA / Serphimera
HTAPAWASO is right again!
Quote:
Posted by cruskette / SioKanla / K-J / distort / svrngr53 / happyfreaker
HTAPAWASO is always right

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
HTA's Lab Guide~Damage/Experience Guide~Superman Guide~Archer Damage Calculator
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
Red Or Green's Warrior Farming Guide
PhoenixFire's Money-Making Guide
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
HTAPAWASOv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 13:32   #20
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by K-J
none of those things are gonna make people donate to guild -_-
If guild fund was taken away every time you went to TG, they would have to donate or the guild would die.

And encouraging people to go to GW helps the guild system work, and if you start losing money there, you need to donate.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 14:42   #21
mercenary

mercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond reputemercenary has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: TG, conductress and GC revamp

Quote:
More money dropping from monsters won't decrease inflation, it will increase it.

That's not a long term solution.
but it's TQ we're talking about, they don't believe in long term, only short term stretched over years and years

that is my suggestion along the lines of this thread,

IMO tq needs to bring back mystic merchant selling dbs for 15m each and super gems for betwen 45-50m

Last edited by mercenary; 07-12-2007 at 14:44.
mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 14:43   #22
distort~v2
Banned

distort~v2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say keep these prices for level 100 and below

but make it HTAPAWASO's prices for 101+
distort~v2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 15:05   #23
eeyore

eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond repute
First off, on the argument of what is causing the money in the game. The DB's are not doing anything besides moving the money about. Let's say there's a server where the top moneybag had 100 M. Do you really think anyone can afford the 30-40M per DB? no so flat out, who would pay it? The moneybags are what's causing the silvers to come into the servers (mainly)Dragon Balls are not causing the money to come in.

Next, I'd say half that amount for TG and make it 50K per 24 hours but resets at 0:00 server time. Bear in mind, I do not suggest we're booted at this time just because we have "overstayed" our money.Simply put, if you pay 50K at 10:42 server time Wednesday and your not booted till 5:42 Thursday, you don't need to pay again until the next time you go in since it's now "Thursday". However if you pay at 10:42 Wednesday and are booted at 15:12 Wednesday, you don't have to pay until 0:00 Thursday.

If you spend your day worrying about tomorrow, you'll miss the joys that could have been today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sonne*
oh Loosh, I love stroking your...keyboard. It feels so great
Join the lawsuit against TQ for illegal banning of characters!
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 15:11   #24
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyore
First off, on the argument of what is causing the money in the game. The DB's are not doing anything besides moving the money about. Let's say there's a server where the top moneybag had 100 M. Do you really think anyone can afford the 30-40M per DB? no so flat out, who would pay it? The moneybags are what's causing the silvers to come into the servers (mainly)Dragon Balls are not causing the money to come in.

Next, I'd say half that amount for TG and make it 50K per 24 hours but resets at 0:00 server time. Bear in mind, I do not suggest we're booted at this time just because we have "overstayed" our money.Simply put, if you pay 50K at 10:42 server time Wednesday and your not booted till 5:42 Thursday, you don't need to pay again until the next time you go in since it's now "Thursday". However if you pay at 10:42 Wednesday and are booted at 15:12 Wednesday, you don't have to pay until 0:00 Thursday.
DBs do add gold to the game, through lottery.
If there are more DBs, selling cheaper, more people will do lottery and get moneybags.

But yes, moneybags are the real issue. I don't think I ever said otherwise... if I gave that impression, I'm sorry.

And what you said about TG access, that's exactly what I meant. You wouldn't be booted if you overstayed your time, just unable to get back in if you left.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 15:13   #25
Shaybe

Shaybe is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you have a good idea, or at least good intentions. But I think the only thing that would ever help inflation is to remove the lottery/money bags all together, either that or if every single player buys a bulk pack.
Shaybe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 15:25   #26
eeyore

eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
DBs do add gold to the game, through lottery.
If there are more DBs, selling cheaper, more people will do lottery and get moneybags.

But yes, moneybags are the real issue. I don't think I ever said otherwise... if I gave that impression, I'm sorry.
No, it was more the guy arguing with you. I meant that simply selling them does not bring more money in
to the server, the lottery does.

And what you said about TG access, that's exactly what I meant. You wouldn't be booted if you overstayed your time, just unable to get back in if you left.
Your initial post could have been taken 2 ways and either would be acceptable. The way I took it was this. you go to boxer, pay your money and then you get a counter which counts down from 24 hours exact. This would allow you in until that counter expired.

the other way was the one I chose to detail more. you paid for access until 0:00 the following day. no matter when you paid. so in my thoughts, if you bought access at 23:58 and were booted at 0:45 you'd be paying when you logged back in.

If you spend your day worrying about tomorrow, you'll miss the joys that could have been today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sonne*
oh Loosh, I love stroking your...keyboard. It feels so great
Join the lawsuit against TQ for illegal banning of characters!
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 15:28   #27
DarkYondaime
baka baka

DarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond reputeDarkYondaime has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DarkYondaime Send a message via MSN to DarkYondaime
Quote:
Originally posted by ananta...~v.2
no. how can noobs TG, or use conductress's if its that expencive... sure, we higher lvl ppl can TG without problems if it cost 100k, but noobs not..

if TG was gonna be higher price, it should go according to lvl

lvl 20 to 30= 1k

lvl 30 to 40= 5k

lvl 40 to 50= 10k

lvl 50 to 60= 15k

lvl 60 to 70= 20k

lvl 70 to 80= 30k

lvl 80 to 90= 40k

lvl 90 to 100= 50k

lvl 100 to 110 = 70k

lvl 110 to 120= 80k

lvl 120 to 130= 100k
this would be a much better system for TG rather than just 100k for 24 hours. Not everyone has an archer or a high level char that can make money for them. These amounts are more evened out, because you should be making that kind of money regurarly in those level ranges.

as far as the other stuff, they are fine by me.
DarkYondaime is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: