View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?
Yes 4 36.36%
No 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 09:06   #1
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
TG, conductress and GC revamp

So many threads about reducing inflation, I decided to make one of my own.

My suggestion is to increase cost of:
TG, from 1k to 100k
conductress, from 100 silvers to 1k
GC, from 500 (I think?) to 2k

Why?

At the moment, inflation is gripping every server, and is increasing greatly. This is due mainly to the moneybags from lottery, which pump large amounts of gold into the economy without taking any out.

The only ways of removing gold currently are through guild fund, and NPCs.

This would help reduce inflation because, obviously, the NPCs would take more gold out of the economy, and also the free TG from winning GW would be more valuable, so more people would go and waste their gold there.

Now 100k for TG is obviously unfair for those who D/C regularly, so I decided to include a slight change in the way TG operates.
Once you pay your 100k, you have free access to the TG for the next 24 hours, whether you d/c or leave TG for whatever reason.
Oh, and stealing ananta's idea, free TG would also apply for guild allies.

It is my hope that this change would not only decrease gold on servers, making everything cheaper, but would also liven up GuildWar. Please vote, and tell me what you think. I'm open to criticism.
Quote:
Posted by RioT-StarteR / TrustZeusHA / Serphimera
HTAPAWASO is right again!
Quote:
Posted by cruskette / SioKanla / K-J / distort / svrngr53 / happyfreaker
HTAPAWASO is always right

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
HTA's Lab Guide~Damage/Experience Guide~Superman Guide~Archer Damage Calculator
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
Red Or Green's Warrior Farming Guide
PhoenixFire's Money-Making Guide
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
HTAPAWASOv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 12:14   #2
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Some might disagree, but I think the moneybags being poured into the economy are being cycled by people buying dbs for money.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:18   #3
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Detergent
Some might disagree, but I think the moneybags being poured into the economy are being cycled by people buying dbs for money.
They're being cycled, yes, but not drained.

They just accumulate, because there is no sufficient method of draining gold.

Of course, there never was before moneybags, and all servers experienced slow inflation just from the money picked up off the ground, but this has sped up the process greatly.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 12:26   #4
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the people generating the money are paypallers, who are making a lot more money selling dbs than they used to.

The factor I'm not sure of is whether db value and lottery return evens out over time in sycee value.

If lottery results were more valuable, we would be rightly worried. But that being said, I like your idea of 100k for 24 hours of tg. Perhaps it can be scaled for each level.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:34   #5
Fwia
Banned

Fwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Fwia
i like the idea, but isnt 100k for tg too much o.O?
Fwia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37   #6
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Detergent
Well, the people generating the money are paypallers, who are making a lot more money selling dbs than they used to.

The factor I'm not sure of is whether db value and lottery return evens out over time in sycee value.

If lottery results were more valuable, we would be rightly worried. But that being said, I like your idea of 100k for 24 hours of tg. Perhaps it can be scaled for each level.
The thought of scaling did cross my mind.

By this, do you mean... like... you pay (your lvl) * 1000 to enter?
That's what I thought.

The question of lottery evening out with DBs... yes, it will. It has to. I think it has already, for the most part.
But, lottery is quite randomized, so you won't always get an exact return on your DB. You might have to spam hundreds before it evens out.

And about paypallers making more money than they used to... yes, they are. But money is also worth less. This won't change what DBs are worth. If anything, it will make them worth more because moneybags will be more useful. However, while they are worth more in terms of items, they, and everything else, will cost less sycee.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37   #7
ananta...~v.2
Banned

ananta...~v.2 is an unknown quantity at this point
no. how can noobs TG, or use conductress's if its that expencive... sure, we higher lvl ppl can TG without problems if it cost 100k, but noobs not..

if TG was gonna be higher price, it should go according to lvl

lvl 20 to 30= 1k

lvl 30 to 40= 5k

lvl 40 to 50= 10k

lvl 50 to 60= 15k

lvl 60 to 70= 20k

lvl 70 to 80= 30k

lvl 80 to 90= 40k

lvl 90 to 100= 50k

lvl 100 to 110 = 70k

lvl 110 to 120= 80k

lvl 120 to 130= 100k
ananta...~v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 12:38   #8
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fwia
i like the idea, but isnt 100k for tg too much o.O?
Like I said, I'm open to change.

What do you think would be a good price?
100k doesn't seem like much to me, but maybe I'm just rich
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40   #9
ananta...~v.2
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HTAPAWASOv2.0
Like I said, I'm open to change.

What do you think would be a good price?
100k doesn't seem like much to me, but maybe I'm just rich
read whut i said :x
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40   #10
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ananta...~v.2
no. how can noobs TG, or use conductress's if its that expencive... sure, we higher lvl ppl can TG without problems if it cost 100k, but noobs not..

if TG was gonna be higher price, it should go according to lvl

lvl 20 to 30= 1k

lvl 30 to 40= 5k

lvl 40 to 50= 10k

lvl 50 to 60= 15k

lvl 60 to 70= 20k

lvl 70 to 80= 30k

lvl 80 to 90= 40k

lvl 90 to 100= 50k

lvl 100 to 110 = 70k

lvl 110 to 120= 80k

lvl 120 to 130= 100k
Like I put in my last post, something like that occurred to me.

I'm not sure though... 100k isn't that much, and 24 hours worth of TG... for most noobs, thats about the same as they would spend on pots anyway. Although I suppose they're not getting drops... but that's what you get for being afk.

Might change it. See what more people say.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43   #11
ananta...~v.2
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HTAPAWASOv2.0
Like I put in my last post, something like that occurred to me.

I'm not sure though... 100k isn't that much, and 24 hours worth of TG... for most noobs, thats about the same as they would spend on pots anyway. Although I suppose they're not getting drops... but that's what you get for being afk.

Might change it. See what more people say.
also it would piss me off if i had to spend 100k all the time due to DCing when you enter TG, or the lag spots at 125 poles
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44   #12
K-J
fails irl

K-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond reputeK-J has a reputation beyond repute
i like the concept, but not the idea :S

maybe if it was more guild oriented. like if you have xxx donation you get yyy benefeit, and stuff for total guild fund

K-J is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 12:46   #13
Fwia
Banned

Fwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond reputeFwia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Fwia
100k isnt much for me, but think of the lvl 20 noobs xD
Fwia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 12:48   #14
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ananta...~v.2
also it would piss me off if i had to spend 100k all the time due to DCing when you enter TG, or the lag spots at 125 poles
You didn't read my whole first post?

When you pay the 100k, you get unrestricted access for 24 hours, even if you leave TG.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-12-2007, 12:50   #15
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by K-J
i like the concept, but not the idea :S

maybe if it was more guild oriented. like if you have xxx donation you get yyy benefeit, and stuff for total guild fund
Well I tried to make it vaguely guild-oriented, by incorporating the guild allies getting free TG access.

Let's not forget, guilds already get free GCs and TG... so, if it were more expensive, this would be a much greater benefit.

Also, the winner's guild fund would go up very fast with these increased prices.

Maybe 5% of the cost of TG/conductress/GC could come out of guild fund?
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide