Lion - Libra : Quitting..
SoRRoW 110-130-113 water-trojan-trojan [tg slave : 135% drag]
shive 110-125 water-fire [socketing out : 60% nix]
sparky is a firecrotch
Lion : Soon-to-be Active
-Sorrow- 40+ trojan [begging for plvl x3 - future tro-warr-tro]

Quote:
Originally posted by Me
2 weapons own. warriors suck.. who would want to substitute a weapon for a little more defense? only thing warriors
are good for are reborn trees. there a tool. they sucking ****, they ****ing suck, and I dont like them.
a7aaaaaaaaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 15:16   #32
GacktCamui
Berserk

GacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond repute
I remember looking at the exp while being plvled around lvl 25 and seeing that potency didn't affect plvling.

Also make sure to times by .72 somewhere in that equation if you're scattering. I did it using approximations of my attack since I'm not at home right now, and got a value near what I hit Basilisk for.
GacktCamui is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2007, 15:28   #33
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by GacktCamui
I remember looking at the exp while being plvled around lvl 25 and seeing that potency didn't affect plvling.

Also make sure to times by .72 somewhere in that equation if you're scattering. I did it using approximations of my attack since I'm not at home right now, and got a value near what I hit Basilisk for.
Good to hear.

I hope some more people can confirm that these equations are right, since I want to make a calculator which shows how many shots the different monsters are. But I won't bother til' I know they're right.
Quote:
Posted by RioT-StarteR / TrustZeusHA / Serphimera
HTAPAWASO is right again!
Quote:
Posted by cruskette / SioKanla / K-J / distort / svrngr53 / happyfreaker
HTAPAWASO is always right

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
HTA's Lab Guide~Damage/Experience Guide~Superman Guide~Archer Damage Calculator
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
Red Or Green's Warrior Farming Guide
PhoenixFire's Money-Making Guide
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
HTAPAWASOv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2007, 15:48   #34
Serphimera
Warific

Serphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the Experience Guide

I don't know if this will be helpful to you at all, but here goes.
I have heard of games being designed this way, and if I were making a game this is how I would do it:
The exp you get from a monster is based on the exp needed to get to the next level and how fast you are supposed to level. So you need to kill a certain number of whitename monsters to reach the next level. Therefore the exp you get from killing one is (exp required to level)/(number you have to kill).

I found the numbers for the exp to next level at http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthr...readid=120073.
If you plot the exp needed to level, you will see that it is pretty much a logarithmic increase, so I would expect the exp per kill (and therefore the number of monsters you have to kill) to follow the same pattern. I plotted those values next to the ones listed by HTAPAWASO, and there does seem to be some correlation. I think we need more data to be able to tell for sure.

My plot is shown below on a logarithmic scale with 'exp to the next level' in blue, and 'number of kills required' to level in red.

It seems to leave them partly blind
And they leave no child behind
Serphimera is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2007, 15:53   #35
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Serphimera

I have heard of games being designed this way, and if I were making a game this is how I would do it:
The exp you get from a monster is based on the exp needed to get to the next level and how fast you are supposed to level. So you need to kill a certain number of whitename monsters to reach the next level. Therefore the exp you get from killing one is (exp required to level)/(number you have to kill).

I found the numbers for the exp to next level at http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthr...readid=120073.
If you plot the exp needed to level, you will see that it is pretty much a logarithmic increase, so I would expect the exp per kill (and therefore the number of monsters you have to kill) to follow the same pattern. I plotted those values next to the ones listed by HTAPAWASO, and there does seem to be some correlation. I think we need more data to be able to tell for sure.

My plot is shown below on a logarithmic scale with 'exp to the next level' in blue, and 'number of kills required' to level in red.
You... are a legend.

I can see the correlation on that graph.
And the out-of-place ones can easily be accounted for by the fact that some of the chars I tested on were higher lvl than the mobs, and some were the same lvl.

You're right. We need more data.

Everyone who reads this, I'm interested in three things first off. Using NO RAINBOW GEMS, NO EXP POTS, NO HEAVEN BLESSING and NO SECOND RB CHARS, I want you to find for me the exp attained a team member killing a monster:
the same lvl as you
20 lvls higher than you
20 lvls lower than you
and post your lvl.
Ty.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-13-2007, 16:06   #36
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Testing on my lvl 44 archer.

Heavy ghosts (21 lvls lower) give 54.
Poltergeists, (22 lvls lower) give 27.

Obvious flaw with this plan. I hit the minimum exp for both monsters, and the reason heavy ghosts give so much more is that they're the extra-hp equivalent of polts. therefore give double exp.

Gonna restrict this test to non-bonus mobs for now >.> (IE only the brown hawkings, not those red fools, etc.)

EDIT: Also, we should try and find the min. exp for each monster. So far I can't see a pattern in how much lower the monster has to be than you to get min exp... pheasants and turtledoves seem to give the same exp to any lvl char (1 and 4 respectively), while higher lvl mobs have different lvls they start giving the same at.
Would be nice to find a link. Might help.

EDIT2:

Full List on lvl 44 char:

Poltergeist (lvl 22): 27
WingedSnakes (lvl 27): 33
Bandit (lvl 32): 40
Ratling (lvl 37): 49
FireSpirit (lvl 42): 91
Macaque (lvl 47): 109
GiantApe (lvl 52): 158
ThunderApe (lvl 57): 206
SnakeMan (lvl 62): 309
SandMonster (lvl 67): 1320 (44 x 30)
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide

Last edited by HTAPAWASOv2.0; 07-13-2007 at 16:40.
Old 07-13-2007, 16:07   #37
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Hey there pretty thang.

What program did you use to make that graph?
Old 07-13-2007, 16:10   #38
GacktCamui
Berserk

GacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like paint
Old 07-13-2007, 16:44   #39
jupiler
Noob forever

jupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's really interesting.

Following your idea, i tried to crunch the data a bit (the exp per level as there are all the points in the other thread).
I think the xp after 120 should be removed as it give a biased.

So far i tried some non linear regression, but couldn't be able to find a good correlation factor.
Blee i don't have excel here, i'll try again with it.

Last edited by jupiler; 07-13-2007 at 17:04.
jupiler is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 12:25   #40
Serphimera
Warific

Serphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond reputeSerphimera has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Detergent
Hey there pretty thang.

What program did you use to make that graph?
I used Gnumeric Spreadsheet, which is basically the Linux equivalent of Excel. I wanted to find the regression curve, but I couldn't figure out how to do it in that program. If I figure it out, I'll post here--omitting the 120+ stuff of course.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:31   #41
jupiler
Noob forever

jupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond reputejupiler has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I used Gnumeric Spreadsheet, which is basically the Linux equivalent of Excel. I wanted to find the regression curve, but I couldn't figure out how to do it in that program. If I figure it out, I'll post here--omitting the 120+ stuff of course.
Tell me if you manage to do it.
So far, re-tried power and exp, didn't give any good results.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:32   #42
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've been looking for a program that can plot data easily. Finally found one the other day. Good to know though.

Im surprised your on Linux. Using Wine for CO?
Old 07-14-2007, 20:56   #43
GacktCamui
Berserk

Use a graphing calculator for the regression equation. I would do it but I don't see where the values are I just see the graph.
Old 07-14-2007, 21:56   #44
Serphimera
Warific

Quote:
Originally posted by Detergent
I've been looking for a program that can plot data easily. Finally found one the other day. Good to know though.

Im surprised your on Linux. Using Wine for CO?
I don't use Linux at home. I just happened to be at school when I made that graph. Of course, I couldn't have done it at home anyway since my Vista machine didn't come with Excel

Old 07-14-2007, 22:15   #45
Hellz is back
Banned

Hellz is back is a glorious beacon of lightHellz is back is a glorious beacon of lightHellz is back is a glorious beacon of lightHellz is back is a glorious beacon of lightHellz is back is a glorious beacon of light
So my archer has 250 potency, and my waters will have a lot too
Hellz is back is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: