Old 07-07-2007, 02:08   #16
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by AcidFury
Another great guide by HTA

HTAPAWASO for mod!! w00t.

why did you get banned in the first place, btw?
I can't be a mod, I'm only 17.

I was banned due to a misinterpretation of the rules...

You need to add me in-game btw.
Quote:
Posted by RioT-StarteR / TrustZeusHA / Serphimera
HTAPAWASO is right again!
Quote:
Posted by cruskette / SioKanla / K-J / distort / svrngr53 / happyfreaker
HTAPAWASO is always right

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
HTA's Lab Guide~Damage/Experience Guide~Superman Guide~Archer Damage Calculator
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
Red Or Green's Warrior Farming Guide
PhoenixFire's Money-Making Guide
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
HTAPAWASOv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2007, 03:34   #17
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by HTAPAWASOv2.0
83 dodge seems incredibly high for snake monsters.

I only ever tested on low lvl monsters (pheasants, turtledoves, robins, apparitions), and tbh 4/5 of my tests were on pheasants.
Also, I never tested this with an archer. Dodge confuses the equations far too much... I did all tests with a lvl 1 ring, my fists, and a tao (0 strength).

That was to find the whole "lvl bonus" equation, which I'm 98% sure is correct.

What seems likely, is that either the website lies about the dodge of those monsters (the website lies about a lot of things), or I got the dodge equation wrong.
I only tested dodge against basi/AS/serps/AA, and I did it all with a lower lvl archer, so bonus lvls don't come into the equation at all.

Another possibility is that bonus lvls affect archers differently to other classes.

Still, I would put my bets on the website being wrong or my dodge equation being wrong.

If you want to do a similar test with a non-archer I would be very grateful. I'm short of high lvl characters atm, so its difficult for me.
At least that would confirm that the problem is confined to dodge.
At the moment, my focus is on dodge. Once the damage modifier based on level are established, it will be easy to test the mechanics of dodge.

What I would like to know is the raw data you based your 0.8 figure on. I'm still in the process of testing, but the initial bonuses look to be quite different....(I used melee damage to detect level damage mod., not bow)

I will address the dodge values of the website vs yours later.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:52   #18
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Detergent
At the moment, my focus is on dodge. Once the damage modifier based on level are established, it will be easy to test the mechanics of dodge.

What I would like to know is the raw data you based your 0.8 figure on. I'm still in the process of testing, but the initial bonuses look to be quite different....(I used melee damage to detect level damage mod., not bow)

I will address the dodge values of the website vs yours later.
I recommend, for dodge, to use a character which is lower lvl or the same lvl as the mobs in question.

That way, it simplifies the equation, as you don't have to worry about lvl bonuses at all.

That's what I did to arrive at the equation provided...
I admit, that only took me about 5 minutes at AZ, so it may be wrong. I might have overlooked something.

That "natural dodge" we were talking about earlier could in fact apply to monsters as well, which would explain why that formula only works on high lvl monsters, and now slow apes (which you tested on).
I don't know.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-07-2007, 05:41   #19
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I recommend, for dodge, to use a character which is lower lvl or the same lvl as the mobs in question.

That way, it simplifies the equation, as you don't have to worry about lvl bonuses at all.

That's what I did to arrive at the equation provided...
I admit, that only took me about 5 minutes at AZ, so it may be wrong. I might have overlooked something.

That "natural dodge" we were talking about earlier could in fact apply to monsters as well, which would explain why that formula only works on high lvl monsters, and now slow apes (which you tested on).
I don't know.
If the level modifier for dodge on players also applies to monsters, I'll get a migraine. I will try your formula on AZ monsters when I get the time.

In the meanwhile, here is your formula re-worked to figure out the correct values of dodge for monsters (if the website is wrong).

Maybe someone who is passing by can help.

If it is wrong, let me know. I suck at math.

EDIT

EDIT AGAIN:

Just listen to Htapawaso

Last edited by Detergent; 07-07-2007 at 06:05.
Detergent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2007, 05:50   #20
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Detergent
If the level modifier for dodge on players also applies to monsters, I'll get a migraine. I will try your formula on AZ monsters when I get the time.

In the meanwhile, here is your formula re-worked to figure out the correct values of dodge for monsters (if the website is wrong).

Maybe someone who is passing by can help.

- [([damage / (1 + [e * 0.8]) * attack] * 100) - 100] = dodge

If it is wrong, let me know. I suck at math.
d = -100((damage / ((1 + (e * 0.8)) * a)) - 1)

I got that.

No idea if it's right... lol... yours is probably correct.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-07-2007, 05:57   #21
Detergent

Fixed it. I really need some sleep now. Laters.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:03   #22
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

We were both wrong lol.

New equation... finally decided to work it out on paper... lol.

d = 100(1- (damage / (a(1+(0.8e)))))

I think... lol.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-07-2007, 07:28   #23
Kariga

Kariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond repute
A small question about the experience.
Does it stack?
For example: An archer plvls a water tao and is married to it and plvls it in a mob that gives noob bonus using exp pot and blessing and rainbows.

Marriage bonus=100%
Water bonus=100%
Noob bonus=100%
Exp Pot bonus=100%
Heavenblessing bonus=20%
Rainbow Bonus (assume he has for example 10 Super rainbows) =250%

So if the archer kills a monster that gives 1000 team experience, the Tao would get
670% more exp resulting in 6700 team exp?
Kariga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2007, 07:36   #24
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariga
A small question about the experience.
Does it stack?
For example: An archer plvls a water tao and is married to it and plvls it in a mob that gives noob bonus using exp pot and blessing and rainbows.

Marriage bonus=100%
Water bonus=100%
Noob bonus=100%
Exp Pot bonus=100%
Heavenblessing bonus=20%
Rainbow Bonus (assume he has for example 10 Super rainbows) =250%

So if the archer kills a monster that gives 1000 team experience, the Tao would get
670% more exp resulting in 6700 team exp?
No it doesn't stack, it multiplies.

So this is what you did:
1000 * (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0.2 + 2.5) = 6700

The equation is actually:
1000 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 1.2 * 3.5 = 67,200

^^

EDIT: All the examples you gave don't stack, but that's not universally true.
Potency (when it comes out) will stack with rainbow gems. So if you have 200% potency bonus, and 250% rainbow gem bonus, the equation would be:
1000 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 1.2 * (1 + 2.5 + 2) = 105,600
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide

Last edited by HTAPAWASOv2.0; 07-07-2007 at 07:39.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:27   #25
EdgEy
Banned

EdgEy is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't actually tested this, but from seeing the amount of EXP gotten on Spanish CO, I don't think potency affects plvling (i.e, in a water factory a water doesn't get 100pct bonus to plvl with 100 potency)

This may be incorrect though...

It does definitely affect leveling (yay for 3x level speed o.o)
EdgEy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2007, 08:40   #26
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgEy
I haven't actually tested this, but from seeing the amount of EXP gotten on Spanish CO, I don't think potency affects plvling (i.e, in a water factory a water doesn't get 100pct bonus to plvl with 100 potency)

This may be incorrect though...

It does definitely affect leveling (yay for 3x level speed o.o)
Is that so?

I played Spanish CO for a bit, never got plvled though.

I just assumed it applied.

If you do play, would you be able to test it for me?
Or get someone else to? (someone reliable).

Would really appreciate it
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-07-2007, 09:22   #27
Kariga

Kariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond reputeKariga has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No it doesn't stack, it multiplies.

So this is what you did:
1000 * (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0.2 + 2.5) = 6700

The equation is actually:
1000 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 1.2 * 3.5 = 67,200

^^

EDIT: All the examples you gave don't stack, but that's not universally true.
Potency (when it comes out) will stack with rainbow gems. So if you have 200% potency bonus, and 250% rainbow gem bonus, the equation would be:
1000 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 1.2 * (1 + 2.5 + 2) = 105,600
Whoa.
I see, thanks.
It appears that the "bonuses" have much greater effect than i could ever assume.
Kariga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2007, 09:33   #28
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariga
Whoa.
I see, thanks.
It appears that the "bonuses" have much greater effect than i could ever assume.
Yep! They sure stack up.
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
Old 07-07-2007, 09:40   #29
EdgEy
Banned

EdgEy is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't play, just went on it quickly to check some things. Hard to figure out if you're actually getting a bonus at low level as well, 10% difference isn't as easy to check at low level...

I don't have the client installed anymore either, sorry about that :/
EdgEy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2007, 10:17   #30
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgEy
I don't play, just went on it quickly to check some things. Hard to figure out if you're actually getting a bonus at low level as well, 10% difference isn't as easy to check at low level...

I don't have the client installed anymore either, sorry about that :/
That's alright, thanks for the info anyway.

I'll look into it myself...
Quote:
Quote:

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies