Old 05-30-2008, 18:11   #121
Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond reputeFandabidozi has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Red or Green,

Thanks for all you help again!

This does put me in a quandry as now that I understand the weapon prof bonus is multiplicative, I REALLY it.

As a noob the weapon prof bonus doesn't really mean that much. Nice but not amazing. If you consider the end product though, 14 soc SDGs, the effective boost of 8% multiplicative is 24.8% additive. (if only 12 socs, 2-hander, then 22.4%)

Your info on the time it takes to get the weapon prof up to max has firmed up some of my ideas. It seems that even for weapon prof Wat-War-Tro > Tro-War-Tro and Tro-War-Wat > Wat-War-Wat, because was a Wat-War-Tro you can afford to screw up your spear prof as a non-rb because you'll end up using 1-handers and as a Tro-War-Wat you can screw up your club prof since you'll end up using 2-handers.

Also I originally wanted to max out several proficiencies to keep my options open when buying an uber-weapon. I now see that this might be optimistic and I'll scale back my plans and be more focussed. It seems that for end game Tro fixing blade prof is the easiest thing to do, as it allows you to learn nix or rage earlier to help leveling.

Rather than training the weapon profs my plan was to level them while leveling. I've found that this really does slow down leveling tho. Now my plan is to get some cheap unique soc armour put an SVG in it (if I'm rich enough get other SVG socs) and go ballistic with SM as 1st reborn warrior using 2 soc violet-gem weapons. I've found SM does wonders for leveling weapon profs, since it levels wand ok even with snow. I'm hoping that without weapon skills I can max out some weapon profs before 2nd reborn.

Just a side thought atm. I didn't see the PVP damage. How does this bonus translate in PVP?
Fandabidozi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: