Old 03-08-2019, 11:38   #16
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
stfu no one wants to grind for life playing black desert. I didn't read a single thing you said other than the tldr. I dont want this game to be grindy. if it were then I'd have to pay even more to compete with the egys who can stay online 24 hours a day while I get to go on for 30 minutes I am content paying a one day wage to supply myself for an update on co that comes around in a year

and in all honesty to OP... the games gotten much easier to make +12 equipment and set yourself in a position where you can compete high end if you do have some sort of skill. It's just hard atm because pirate is a broken class and that needs to be fixed, and it eliminates any element of skill. But if you're just starting you won't have to deal with pirates at an equal level to yours. Pick a server that has a lot of people... that'll be the only time this game is even fun as well.

..... don't listen to returning he writes essays on every post and still plays co. he just wants co all to himself and trying to scare everyone away

Lol game has gotten easier in terms of getting gear upgraded but the scale from being at a competitive level has gotten further apart. Perfection and runes pushed that further and the new system is about to push it even further. And no one plays the game in a grind because it's not worth it. Yeah, people who play more have an advantage that's how MMOs are right now it's only who spends the most, it should at minimum have a system to where you can progress in game otherwise it's not a game it's a money spending simulator with a tiny bit of progression thrown in as a bonus.

If you think he's going to be anywhere near competitive in even a year you're being naive. Also black dessert you don't have to grind but using your 200% 30 minute - an HR you get for free. You can make money hella easily afking way more than in terms of conquers auto hunting feature through fishing/crafting/horse training etc. They also introduced a training ground type system into the game. And the combat is 1000x more fun than co. And those graphics. Like come on now.

The Wikia. I did mindless hours of work on this, but it will no longer be updated. If anyone takes over most pages are unlocked and can be updated. For those that aren't if you see anything that needs updated send me a message and I'll do so at my convenience. Thank you! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 03-08-2019 at 11:45.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2019, 11:41   #17
|Shadow|

|Shadow| is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning View Post
lol game has gotten easier in terms of getting gear upgraded but the scale from being at a competitive level has gotten further apart. Perfection and runes pushed that further and the new system is about to push it even further. And no one plays the game in a grind because it's not worth it. Yeah, people who play more have an advantage that's how mmos are right now it's only who spends the most, it should at minimum have a system to where you can progress in game otherwise it's not a game it's a money spending simulator with a tiny bit of progression thrown in as a bonus.
+1
|Shadow| is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2019, 01:07   #18
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentheo View Post
TQ doesn't care about the opinions of the players for US/EU servers.

CO in China is so successful and ran much better they make so much money on that side due to the quality that our opinions do not matter.

The 2 biggest spenders in US/EU CO is probably Bangroc and ElJefe. TQ will never do anything even if these 2 pressured them together. You can get the top 5 spenders in CO.
Bangroc, ElJefe, HKTR, Shadow Dancer, HamadBiceps. TQ still won't care.
Maybe so, but in the past because of player outrage things HAVE changed, its hard and they don't often listen, but if we play and spend time on this game we may as well band together and spend some time trying to get TQ to make some changes. I mean if we can spend hours a day playing CO then surely we can spare 10 minutes a day to discuss some changes.

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2019, 10:04   #19
lipase

lipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
Lol game has gotten easier in terms of getting gear upgraded but the scale from being at a competitive level has gotten further apart. Perfection and runes pushed that further and the new system is about to push it even further. And no one plays the game in a grind because it's not worth it. Yeah, people who play more have an advantage that's how MMOs are right now it's only who spends the most, it should at minimum have a system to where you can progress in game otherwise it's not a game it's a money spending simulator with a tiny bit of progression thrown in as a bonus.

If you think he's going to be anywhere near competitive in even a year you're being naive. Also black dessert you don't have to grind but using your 200% 30 minute - an HR you get for free. You can make money hella easily afking way more than in terms of conquers auto hunting feature through fishing/crafting/horse training etc. They also introduced a training ground type system into the game. And the combat is 1000x more fun than co. And those graphics. Like come on now.
LMao I quit that ****ty game in 2016 since it went p2w. And from I've heard it's only gotten worse. But I guess the p2w in BDO is nothing if you're coming from a game like CO

You're right that the combat is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahana View Post
just wanted to say I like your name....

back to my hole...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Rxin, please
lipase is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2019, 12:08   #20
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEARMERAWR!! View Post
Maybe so, but in the past because of player outrage things HAVE changed, its hard and they don't often listen, but if we play and spend time on this game we may as well band together and spend some time trying to get TQ to make some changes. I mean if we can spend hours a day playing CO then surely we can spare 10 minutes a day to discuss some changes.
I mean they for sure have done some balance changes in the past (just look at my signature) I've given up on that side of things though someone else can take over if they want. I used to bug them weekly / post those ideas in their mail box etc get other people to message gms but I cbf anymore. That's for the skill balance mostly though, and maybe a few design changes like quality of life. Haven't had any luck on anything doing with in game progression non p2w aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipase View Post
LMao I quit that ****ty game in 2016 since it went p2w. And from I've heard it's only gotten worse. But I guess the p2w in BDO is nothing if you're coming from a game like CO

You're right that the combat is great.
Yeah I mean for sure it has it's p2w elements. Again though you can easily progress in game as well so its pretty balanced. Co is like that but without the ingame progression balance which makes it pretty much a pure p2w game if you don't pay you'll never be on the top just not going to happen idc what anyone says unless maybe you hit that lucky 3 dbs slots or a demon box. Which again is basically a p2w aspect as usually only bulkers do that/ people who control the server from... you guessed it paying to win.
Honestly since lottery came out this game has been p2w. People used to be able to make money from socket farming, moon boxes etc but they added all that in lotto and shopping mall. It used to be really good money in game I made full socket supers in 1.0 from moonboxing. Others would farm reborn waters and try and make sockets/2sockets that way. Hell, even mining was profitable. Not just super gems but normal fury gems used to go for a DB back in the day because they were the more uncommon normal gem and people needed them to make Celestial stones. Just basically there's no way to make money in this game anymore without paying to win or auto hunting which in reality is p2w since its like 1k USD to get access to picking up items/gold unless you can find someone who has fronted the bill for you and hooks you up with an acc(s) that have that. That's your only options though.

The Wikia. I did mindless hours of work on this, but it will no longer be updated. If anyone takes over most pages are unlocked and can be updated. For those that aren't if you see anything that needs updated send me a message and I'll do so at my convenience. Thank you! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 03-09-2019 at 12:17.
Old 03-09-2019, 13:15   #21
Viceroy

Viceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

first of all, idk why you are pushing for bdo on a co forum for, and you know whats even more funny then that? you have more good things to say about that game then the people who actually plays it IN THEIR OWN GAME.
BDO is a **** game the desparity between the end game players and the casual game cant even be compared, not even by co standards, so stop it.
1 end game player with 260-270+ ap makes more in 1-2 hrs then a regular barely soft cap player make in a week by farming hystria and doing sieges, if you arent even at soft cap in bdo idk why u are over here convincing others to play it. 1 day in hystria can easily net u 200-400m easy. oh you are soft cap? have fun making 50m IF YOURE LUCKY in cresc/manshaums, bandits etc, and life skills?? dont make me ****ing laugh. you waste 1-2 hrs gathering sheep meat ( considered the fastest for dumping energy for money) MORE time if you gather wood/other **** then u spend 2-4 hrs cooking afk or alch afk etc so u spend all those hrs not playing the game to make what 1b at max? if you are efficient and know what you are doing, which im sure u dont bc i know for sure u arent a soft capped player. now lets see last i remember u were a DK on bdo so lul good luck joining a decent guild at ur gs for nodes or sieges.
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2019, 13:23   #22
Viceroy

Viceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

also to continue with the rant, your progress is gated by either HUGE RNG or way too much income to make relevant progress efficiently, soft cap isnt even considered soft cap anymore in bdo , you have such little information in the game that you are pushing for its actually insulting. lets not forget the fact that co was pay to win since forever BDO has been known to lie to its playerbase, ie: valks cry/ selling 35 costumes/ increase in cash shop income / you can literally swipe to buy pens now and smash every kid in the game if you feel like it. bdo has its visuals but even that is gated by a high end pc to play well where as co u can run it on a **** ****ing laptop. but you know tho? you do have 1 glaring similarity between the other bdo players that praise bdo in the bdo forum, and thats the fact that you guys arent near soft cap or just barely scratched the surface of it, not knowing that you are still the same as a +6 archer in co but instead u spent 500hrs to get ful tet armor and weps and tri access only to realize, your class is **** so no one will want me, or your pc cant handle the graphics in sieges or you just do not have the skills to be in a mid tier pvp guild. you praise the game bc you are honey mooning the game and nothing more. bdo is just a pretty barbie some aestethic combs and hair blower to make it seem better then it really is. while co has been here for 12 years + we all know its p2w but the combat is fast pace and we all know the gms are retarded since day one. but we buy into it because we know what to expect from it. we wont be told hey we wont be p2w only to have everyone spend thousands of dollars to only be spat in the face with p2w mechanics when the game ends up dying like bdo
Old 03-09-2019, 13:56   #23
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
also to continue with the rant, your progress is gated by either HUGE RNG or way too much income to make relevant progress efficiently, soft cap isnt even considered soft cap anymore in bdo , you have such little information in the game that you are pushing for its actually insulting. lets not forget the fact that co was pay to win since forever BDO has been known to lie to its playerbase, ie: valks cry/ selling 35 costumes/ increase in cash shop income / you can literally swipe to buy pens now and smash every kid in the game if you feel like it. bdo has its visuals but even that is gated by a high end pc to play well where as co u can run it on a **** ****ing laptop. but you know tho? you do have 1 glaring similarity between the other bdo players that praise bdo in the bdo forum, and thats the fact that you guys arent near soft cap or just barely scratched the surface of it, not knowing that you are still the same as a +6 archer in co but instead u spent 500hrs to get ful tet armor and weps and tri access only to realize, your class is **** so no one will want me, or your pc cant handle the graphics in sieges or you just do not have the skills to be in a mid tier pvp guild. you praise the game bc you are honey mooning the game and nothing more. bdo is just a pretty barbie some aestethic combs and hair blower to make it seem better then it really is. while co has been here for 12 years + we all know its p2w but the combat is fast pace and we all know the gms are retarded since day one. but we buy into it because we know what to expect from it. we wont be told hey we wont be p2w only to have everyone spend thousands of dollars to only be spat in the face with p2w mechanics when the game ends up dying like bdo
Bold #1 you can't do in co? LOL
Bold #2 That's been my argument, you're telling this guy the game isn't p2w when it is so why are you trying to bait him into playing it. Yeah, end game is hard to get in BDO and yes there is luck involved and you can get RNG carried but that's not the only thing you can do. Also, rifts are easy af you get plenty a week and can just zerg them and get about 10-150mil each one with 5-30 minutes of play depending how good you are at learning the boss moves/your overall gear score.

Game is a lot easier to progress in overall, I'm not saying its easy mode but the ****ing point is YOU CAN progress by playing that game doing whatever you want and have fun with be it crafting/pvp/fishing/hunting/ whatever. In CO you are limited to Deity and thats it after the luck points are done log the **** off because your gains are so abysmal after that its not worth the time.

Also, you can at least world pvp there and people are relatively for the most part similar in gear depending on the grinding area you go to / server. When starting out in a month or less you can at least open world pvp against a few other players. Co good ****ing luck even thinking of that just starting out you have level, reborn, reborn again, open chi gates, start jiang. BDO you get to +15 you can at least have fun in the game.

And yeah, mid end pc is needed (not high end really anymore unless you consider 10 year old i7's high end) you can at least play on mid~low settings unless you're playing on a pentium 4 then yeah its gated no different than any other good game out there really.

To end, the whole point of this discussion was for someone asking if they should come back to the game or not. If they're looking not to pay anything, then no they won't be competitive don't ****ing lie to them about it hur dur game easier to progress. They'll never be in the top brackets and it'll be at least a couple years until they can get into the top 8 without sucking someones **** and piloting their accs. Due to BP, Runes, Chi, Jiang, Gear +, Gear bless, Perfection, and the new systems coming out. If you disagree then fine, but you're wrong. The game isn't worth playing coming back, its no fun doing co's PVE, it takes forever to build gear to where you can efficiently do your luck points in deity, and it takes years to get your chi to a decent level, to finally get your character up to somewhat par with everyone only for tq to drop another new money hole system or two for you to be behind the bulkers even more.

Last edited by Returning; 03-09-2019 at 14:02.
Old 03-09-2019, 14:27   #24
Viceroy

Quote:
Bold #1 you can't do in co? LOL
Bold #2 That's been my argument, you're telling this guy the game isn't p2w when it is so why are you trying to bait him into playing it. Yeah, end game is hard to get in BDO and yes there is luck involved and you can get RNG carried but that's not the only thing you can do. Also, rifts are easy af you get plenty a week and can just zerg them and get about 10-150mil each one with 5-30 minutes of play depending how good you are at learning the boss moves/your overall gear score.

Game is a lot easier to progress in overall, I'm not saying its easy mode but the ****ing point is YOU CAN progress by playing that game doing whatever you want and have fun with be it crafting/pvp/fishing/hunting/ whatever. In CO you are limited to Deity and thats it after the luck points are done log the **** off because your gains are so abysmal after that its not worth the time.

Also, you can at least world pvp there and people are relatively for the most part similar in gear depending on the grinding area you go to / server. When starting out in a month or less you can at least open world pvp against a few other players. Co good ****ing luck even thinking of that just starting out you have level, reborn, reborn again, open chi gates, start jiang. BDO you get to +15 you can at least have fun in the game.

And yeah, mid end pc is needed (not high end really anymore unless you consider 10 year old i7's high end) you can at least play on mid~low settings unless you're playing on a pentium 4 then yeah its gated no different than any other good game out there really.

To end, the whole point of this discussion was for someone asking if they should come back to the game or not. If they're looking not to pay anything, then no they won't be competitive don't ****ing lie to them about it hur dur game easier to progress. They'll never be in the top brackets and it'll be at least a couple years until they can get into the top 8 without sucking someones **** and piloting their accs. Due to BP, Runes, Chi, Jiang, Gear +, Gear bless, Perfection, and the new systems coming out. If you disagree then fine, but you're wrong. The game isn't worth playing coming back, its no fun doing co's PVE, it takes forever to build gear to where you can efficiently do your luck points in deity, and it takes years to get your chi to a decent level, to finally get your character up to somewhat par with everyone only for tq to drop another new money hole system or two for you to be behind the bulkers even more.
So... pretty much.... you suck in both co and bdo then? damn
Old 03-09-2019, 14:57   #25
Akbar

Akbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond reputeAkbar has a reputation beyond repute
You know what game isnít p2w? Solitaire. Get your non AirPod wearing poverty ass the **** out of here.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2019, 16:18   #26
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I mean they for sure have done some balance changes in the past (just look at my signature) I've given up on that side of things though someone else can take over if they want. I used to bug them weekly / post those ideas in their mail box etc get other people to message gms but I cbf anymore. That's for the skill balance mostly though, and maybe a few design changes like quality of life. Haven't had any luck on anything doing with in game progression non p2w aspects.
I'd love to take up the banner, I think we just need to campaign more people on the actual servers to come voice their opinions on here. There are good ideas out there that a lot of players would enjoy/support, we just have to convince them to voice it on this platform. It worth a shot at least, if you want to collab let me know.

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2019, 16:19   #27
kenflame

kenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond reputekenflame has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentheo View Post
TQ doesn't care about the opinions of the players for US/EU servers.

CO in China is so successful and ran much better they make so much money on that side due to the quality that our opinions do not matter.

The 2 biggest spenders in US/EU CO is probably Bangroc and ElJefe. TQ will never do anything even if these 2 pressured them together. You can get the top 5 spenders in CO.
Bangroc, ElJefe, HKTR, Shadow Dancer, HamadBiceps. TQ still won't care.
yea they don't, i dropped 25k cad back in 2012 when assassins came, i went to military came back a year later and found out my accounts were sold and all i ever got was sorry your case is invalid since a year passed. I don't share nor even got a pilot, not one person log on it, never even added anyone on facebook from co. I even showed receipts i bought bulks on my own email back when they still send u codes to claim cps. yet i still play this game and still bulks, i must be crazy and a retard haha. bulking doesn't really make u a king over the gms
kenflame is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2019, 12:30   #28
-Kirito

-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar View Post
You know what game isnít p2w? Solitaire. Get your non AirPod wearing poverty ass the **** out of here.
Solitaire is where the real competition is at!
-Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2019, 17:41   #29
Ladyash

Ladyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbody View Post
So, I started playing this game around 2004, I for the most part stopped playing in 2010 although logged in maybe once a month for the next year or 2 before not accessing this game for quite a period of time.

My main accounts are on Aquarius, and I recently started on nostalgia as I thought a new server might make for a fun comeback.

There's been a lot of changes through the years, leveling seems easier, it seems possible to be really strong without pouring money in to the game.

I'm trying to figure out if things are the way it seems. Back when I used to play we used to say, "Free to play, pay to win", I see Conquer has an updated slogan on their main page of, "Free to play, skill to win". Skill to win, combined with the possibility of getting strong gears without money, training jiang, chi, and inner power... is that really the case? Or is this game still a money pit to win?

Furthermore, I like the idea of being on a new server, but I want to be on a server that has active english speaking people.

All in all I'm looking for answers to a few questions;
- Recommended server and why
- Is "skill to win" a realistic slogan now?
- What is "better" or "worse" than 3-5 years ago?
- As well as anything else you think I may want to know.
What was your other accounts on Aqua? I remember you from the forums but not the server, but I had quit when aqua and leo merged so I wasn't playing for over 6 months during that time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: