Old 08-17-2012, 23:14   #1
do~the~dance

do~the~dance is on a distinguished road
Unhappy @Elliot - I miss Labyrinth

Elliot I can't believe you guys are removing so many maps! I understand the concept and logic of reducing the download size, but to remove the mainstay levelling maps is not so logical.

Lab 1 particularly has been sub lvl 110 map forever, DC map 2 is empty, there was a couple of great spawns there for starting new accounts.

Ape, where nub pkers learnt their trade now has empty 2nd maps.

Is the object of the game now to spend your time in TC and market, and simply level from events, nice lag ur creating...

If you're driven CP sales up in this manner then simply remove FG3 also to limit the Monk farmers therefore increasing the purchase of super gems through store, logical?

Someone needs to write a class based levelling guide based on the new map structure...

I came back for this

Last edited by do~the~dance; 08-17-2012 at 23:16.
do~the~dance is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012, 02:08   #2
colinx

colinx is on a distinguished road
Welcome back, this is not only decided by Elliot, but I'll forward this and ask him to reply you when he's available. I think there must be some misunderstanding, because I'm sure they didn't consider anything about sales.

Find me on twitter https://twitter.com/xucolin
colinx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012, 05:38   #3
Geosea

Geosea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinx View Post
I'm sure they didn't consider anything about sales.
Colin,

Sorry bud but you know as well as everyone else that this game is all about TQ making money. TQ just hosted an event where whoever spends the most money gets something that makes them look pretty...

Somewhere along the line the thought of making more money had to be present in every decision made, including removing maps. I mean they certainly didn't think removing these maps would make everyone happy did they? Now I don't have a problem with TQ wanting to make money as this is a business for them. But in order to keep making money they really need to pay more attention to the players and give back to us as we give to them.
Geosea is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012, 19:12   #4
colinx

colinx is on a distinguished road
Dear Geosea,

They removed those things just to size-down the client, that's why I said it's not about sales. Yea, I get quit concerned about these problem and lack of events in game, that's why I keep doing facebook events all the time, they might not be satisfied, but I'll keep on doing it.

For these suggestions and complaint, what I can do is letting the ppl who's in charge of this know, but the decision's not made by myself. And I believe everyone, including players and GMs, want this game to be better!

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosea View Post
Colin,

Sorry bud but you know as well as everyone else that this game is all about TQ making money. TQ just hosted an event where whoever spends the most money gets something that makes them look pretty...

Somewhere along the line the thought of making more money had to be present in every decision made, including removing maps. I mean they certainly didn't think removing these maps would make everyone happy did they? Now I don't have a problem with TQ wanting to make money as this is a business for them. But in order to keep making money they really need to pay more attention to the players and give back to us as we give to them.

Find me on twitter https://twitter.com/xucolin
colinx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012, 21:50   #5
Geosea

Geosea is on a distinguished road
Cool

I don't blame you at all Colin, sorry if it came across that way. And I also apologize if it seems any time I post on either here or the fb page I'm complaining. I've been playing since January and it just seems after a couple of really glitchy updates, high store prices, and high player counts in the Golden Apple server our In-Game economy and player appeal are on the decline.

Potential fix ideas:

1. Lower prices in store, it would encourage people to spend more money on the game, don't see it happening but an idea
2. Additional servers to give more room for players to grow, helps in game economy by not having as many players met or monk farming. This would take time but things would start to balance out again.
3. One freakin sweet update! Either one to remove all current glitches or one that brings in something completely new and relatively glitch free.

I'd also like to suggest a decrease in met showers...some people may disagree but with how many people we have in the server met hunting there is an over abundance of mets as it is. Just a couple of suggestion to try and keep things rolling and keep people playing
Geosea is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2012, 13:45   #6
do~the~dance

do~the~dance is on a distinguished road
Colin thx for your interest, i am interested to know how much bandwidth has been saved by removing the mentioned maps.

Is your market research telling u that app size is an issue because I am doubtful.
do~the~dance is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: