Old 08-12-2010, 23:13   #31
Manhattans Junk
sick abz

Manhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LP View Post
Wrong and wrong. OP has been around for years as original poster, since before the days of new***s. All the Chan websites use that **** in at least 80 percent of all the posts in all the threads on the sites. I would guess that at least 100k threads go around each day, from all of them combined.

Using op as overpowered is only popular now in video games, much like CO, because there are ******s out there that seem to purposely make one class of character have a distinct advantage over all the others. At least DotA's OP chars get nerfs quite often in map changes.
When you go to a god damn website not concerning video games but has a posting system, of-fucking course you're gonna come across OP being used as original poster more than overpowered CUZ DERRR. But OP used as Overpowered is much more widely used over the course of many subjects and situations. And you retard, did you actually read wtf I said? I SAID original poster HAS been around a lot longer, I never said it wasn't you tool, but now overpowered is much more popular.

"dude, that petrone is OP...."
"paladins are OP meng"
"that new shotgun is f'ing OP"
Things that are good have been described as OP. "dude this band is OP"

too many examples can be given.
Manhattans Junk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2010, 02:58   #32
Borny

Borny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronax View Post
I'm more of a gatling gun than a sniper rifle.

:f
Haha, well put!

Well If I get killed I'll blame it on friendly fire coming from Arronax!

Quote:
Wrong and wrong. OP has been around for years as original poster, since before the days of new***s. All the Chan websites use that **** in at least 80 percent of all the posts in all the threads on the sites. I would guess that at least 100k threads go around each day, from all of them combined.

Using op as overpowered is only popular now in video games, much like CO, because there are ******s out there that seem to purposely make one class of character have a distinct advantage over all the others. At least DotA's OP chars get nerfs quite often in map changes.

yeah well when you spit and slobber more than all the classic cartoon characters combined, you should be more like an automatic shotgun. XD
Thank you for the enlightenment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattans Junk View Post

Oh I've never heard it in that context...

Care to give some other, less common, examples?

In my golden days:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlineBarbie View Post
Making sure that Borny is not the last one posting is a full time job!
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian-Atticus View Post
Sure a guild can be neutral. Just takes about 20 or more Bornys. It's all in the matter of honor & honesty; and those who have it, I respect them the most. Like Borny I have great respect for his honesty.
When I post, once in a blue moon, this is usually how everyone reacts ... :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix-Ally View Post
Borny, Love of my life! I misses you. Stay longer!

Last edited by Borny; 08-13-2010 at 03:01.
Borny is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2010, 08:55   #33
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When you go to a god damn website not concerning video games but has a posting system, of-fucking course you're gonna come across OP being used as original poster more than overpowered CUZ DERRR. But OP used as Overpowered is much more widely used over the course of many subjects and situations. And you retard, did you actually read wtf I said? I SAID original poster HAS been around a lot longer, I never said it wasn't you tool, but now overpowered is much more popular.

"dude, that petrone is OP...."
"paladins are OP meng"
"that new shotgun is f'ing OP"

Show some sort of proof that it's more popular, then, instead of just making **** up.. well, either that, or give up already since you've clearly lost already.

A band being OP? Pffff, who the hell would say something like that?
Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2010, 10:09   #34
Borny

Borny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond reputeBorny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Show some sort of proof that it's more popular, then, instead of just making **** up.. well, either that, or give up already since you've clearly lost already.

A band being OP? Pffff, who the hell would say something like that?
He does!

In my golden days:
Quote:
:
Quote:
Sure a guild can be neutral. Just takes about 20 or more Bornys. It's all in the matter of honor & honesty; and those who have it, I respect them the most. Like Borny I have great respect for his honesty.
Quote:
Old 08-13-2010, 11:38   #35
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
Wow congratulations on finding the dumbest topic to argue about.
Planes v1.0b is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47   #36
Black_Onix
lol wut?D:

Black_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond reputeBlack_Onix has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Black_Onix Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Onix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planes v1.0b View Post
someone had to say that.

~Che [130-130-140 (w-w-t)]

Guild Leader of Killer_Instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswiss View Post
Btw, Emerald was awesome....totally beat the crap out of every other server. *Bows down*
Black_Onix is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2010, 12:01   #37
Borny

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_onix View Post
someone had to say that.
d:

In my golden days:
Quote:
:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-13-2010, 16:09   #38
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's what happens when stubborn people collide. ^^;

Anyways, he insisted on arguing about it, and since I like arguing, I'm not going to stop doing so until he admits defeat.

@Borny:

I've seen OP used as "overpowered" in, and ONLY in games. About characters, classes and items. Using it about bands and **** like that is just stupid - it's just Mantra making **** up for the sake of not admitting he's lost.
Old 08-13-2010, 16:13   #39
Borny

Quote:
@Borny:

I've seen OP used as "overpowered" in, and ONLY in games. About characters, classes and items. Using it about bands and **** like that is just stupid - it's just Mantra making **** up for the sake of not admitting he's lost.
Yeah me too, only in in-game context, I was surprised to see other contexts, but I'm not going to verify them on truth, bleh, cba.

Quote:
It's what happens when stubborn people collide. ^^;

Anyways, he insisted on arguing about it, and since I like arguing, I'm not going to stop doing so until he admits defeat.
And you still haven't noticed he made a poll about it as well ?

edit: oh no you voted but didn't leave a comment.

In my golden days:
Quote:
:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-13-2010, 16:30   #40
Arronax
Swarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borny View Post
Yeah me too, only in in-game context, I was surprised to see other contexts, but I'm not going to verify them on truth, bleh, cba.

And you still haven't noticed he made a poll about it as well ?

edit: oh no you voted but didn't leave a comment.
Yeah, I saw it.

The poll asks the wrong question though, so IMO it's fairly irrelevant. I never said OP doesn't also stand for "overpowered", and that's really not what we are arguing about either.

It's amusing to see it backfire on him though.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:35   #41
Manhattans Junk
sick abz

Manhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond reputeManhattans Junk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah, I saw it.

The poll asks the wrong question though, so IMO it's fairly irrelevant. I never said OP doesn't also stand for "overpowered", and that's really not what we are arguing about either.

It's amusing to see it backfire on him though.
I know you never said that you jackass. Where did I ever say that?
Manhattans Junk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2010, 08:10   #42
Arronax
Swarley

Quote:
Your thread title and your poll asks "what does OP mean?".

"Which of the two alternatives is in your opinion the most common usage of the abbreviation "OP"?"

Original Poster
Overpowered

Would be a better question to ask.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:48   #43
Borny

Quote:
Your thread title and your poll asks "what does OP mean?".

"Which of the two alternatives is in your opinion the most common usage of the abbreviation "OP"?"

Original Poster
Overpowered

Would be a better question to ask.
Thread made

In my golden days:
Quote:
:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2010, 00:42   #44
The_LP
Pure Newb

Location: Tempe, AZ where girls go into the stores in bikinis :cool:
The_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to The_LP Send a message via AIM to The_LP
Quote:
Planes just made it the biggest cousin-loving thread by joining.

Quote:
Apparently you type posts in a way that you forget what you said. Convoluting it too much for yourself, there, guy?

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +5 sdg sdg -3 boots
super +8 sdg sdg -3 sword
super +7 sdg sdg -3 armor
super +8 sdg sdg -3 club (selling)
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +5 sdg sdg -3 necky
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +8 sdg sdg -3 psn blade
super +5 sgg sgg -1 tower
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

297 BP currently (with Ben on)
The_LP is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2010, 03:31   #45
Borny

Quote:
Planes just made it the biggest cousin-loving thread by joining.

Apparently you type posts in a way that you forget what you said. Convoluting it too much for yourself, there, guy?
I do not know what convoluting means... sounds nice though!

In my golden days:
Quote:
:
Quote:
Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: