Old 11-17-2011, 07:02   #991
ArrowsUnited
forum vet

ArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond reputeArrowsUnited has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to ArrowsUnited
People Who Type Like This When It Is Not A Title To Something.

I find it incredibly counterproductive. Here's my reasoning:

My reason is based on two assumptions:

1. I assume that they are typing **** because their intention is to have others read the **** that they type. If you type like that, and it's meant to be for yourself to read, then that's fine; just don't post it up so people can read it.

2. The intended reader is fluent in English, has experience reading English. Especially properly typed out English.

From the reader's side, it better be a title to an article or video. Reading one line of every word being capitalized is fine. Reading a sentence or two is slightly irritating. Reading a whole ****ing paragraph with every word capitalized is simply not going to happen, at least for me. It's heavily inefficient for both the person who put forth extra labour on synchronizing the shift key to the first letter to each word. For the reader, it requires extra effort, time, and patience to identify which nouns are proper nouns (and the ambiguities that come with the package), where the sentences starts and ends. That means the reader has to spend extra effort scanning through the sentences to find where the punctuation marks are hidden.

Here's an example: There are two sentences where every word is capitalized. They are separated by a period. Instead of paying attention to which words are capitalized, the reader needs to find where the writer has hidden the period.

So we, the readers, basically spend extra time converting capitalized words into non-capitalized words, and before taking that step, deciding whether or not that conversion is required (e.g. proper nouns). When both the choice of conversion and no conversion are equally plausible, such as a word that could be both a proper noun or a regular noun, there's ambiguity. The reader then has to consider both possibilities, and effectively doubles the content to read by considering both possibilities of the ambiguity.

The cost just makes it inefficient. We're not talking about costs with monetary value, but implicit costs (which mean costs that don't have an explicit dollar value). An implicit cost is incurred for the writer who spends extra time pressing down that shift key, and another set of implicit costs is incurred for the reader for the above reasons.

Similar to the concept of demand from the study of economics, the price of reading silly capitalized **** increases, decreasing the quantity of reading content demanded. That means that there are people who aren't as much of an annoying picky ****er like I am, and there are those who would simply refuse to read paragraphs of every word being capitalized. This goes against the assumption that people type words for people to read as a way of self-expression.

So that means it's counter-productive and inefficient with implicit costs that can be avoided.

Last edited by ArrowsUnited; 11-17-2011 at 07:20.
ArrowsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2011, 13:29   #992
SwichB1ade
20% Cooler

SwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowsUnited View Post
People Who Type Like This When It Is Not A Title To Something.

I find it incredibly counterproductive. Here's my reasoning:

My reason is based on two assumptions:

1. I assume that they are typing **** because their intention is to have others read the **** that they type. If you type like that, and it's meant to be for yourself to read, then that's fine; just don't post it up so people can read it.

2. The intended reader is fluent in English, has experience reading English. Especially properly typed out English.

From the reader's side, it better be a title to an article or video. Reading one line of every word being capitalized is fine. Reading a sentence or two is slightly irritating. Reading a whole ****ing paragraph with every word capitalized is simply not going to happen, at least for me. It's heavily inefficient for both the person who put forth extra labour on synchronizing the shift key to the first letter to each word. For the reader, it requires extra effort, time, and patience to identify which nouns are proper nouns (and the ambiguities that come with the package), where the sentences starts and ends. That means the reader has to spend extra effort scanning through the sentences to find where the punctuation marks are hidden.

Here's an example: There are two sentences where every word is capitalized. They are separated by a period. Instead of paying attention to which words are capitalized, the reader needs to find where the writer has hidden the period.

So we, the readers, basically spend extra time converting capitalized words into non-capitalized words, and before taking that step, deciding whether or not that conversion is required (e.g. proper nouns). When both the choice of conversion and no conversion are equally plausible, such as a word that could be both a proper noun or a regular noun, there's ambiguity. The reader then has to consider both possibilities, and effectively doubles the content to read by considering both possibilities of the ambiguity.

The cost just makes it inefficient. We're not talking about costs with monetary value, but implicit costs (which mean costs that don't have an explicit dollar value). An implicit cost is incurred for the writer who spends extra time pressing down that shift key, and another set of implicit costs is incurred for the reader for the above reasons.

Similar to the concept of demand from the study of economics, the price of reading silly capitalized **** increases, decreasing the quantity of reading content demanded. That means that there are people who aren't as much of an annoying picky ****er like I am, and there are those who would simply refuse to read paragraphs of every word being capitalized. This goes against the assumption that people type words for people to read as a way of self-expression.

So that means it's counter-productive and inefficient with implicit costs that can be avoided.
Gonna put White Christmas up my nose

I ain't no weatherman - don't know if it's gonna rain
'Cause I'm a rock 'n roll clown, do a lot of cocaine
One of these days they're gonna take me away
'Cause I'm Dr. Rockso, and I do cocaine
SwichB1ade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27   #993
mwah
hell yeah

mwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond repute
I hate it when the mods delete our posts. how would they like it if we deleted theirs?
mwah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 02:51   #994
Bob the Builder
(◕‿◕✿)

Bob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond reputeBob the Builder has a reputation beyond repute
When people act like taking a piss in the shower is the grossest thing ever.
Everyone does it, and whoever denies it is a ****ing liar.
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 03:00   #995
~Ahmed~

~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute
When people act out of arrogance and insist on doing actions even though they know they're wrong. Simple little monkeys.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07   #996
Jaxx..
Banned

Jaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond repute
People who brainwash children.
Jaxx.. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 05:36   #997
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
I hate it when the mods delete our posts. how would they like it if we deleted theirs?
I hate it when people want to do the thing they claim to hate.

s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 05:47   #998
mwah
hell yeah

mwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
I hate it when people want to do the thing they claim to hate.

I HATE everything about justin bieber. I hate his brainless fans who will move on to another sensation in a years time...
canadians, i love you but you have a track record of spawning really ****ty artists: bieber, celine dion, Michael buble, avril lavigne....
Old 11-18-2011, 05:59   #999
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I HATE everything about justin bieber. I hate his brainless fans who will move on to another sensation in a years time...
canadians, i love you but you have a track record of spawning really ****ty artists: bieber, celine dion, Michael buble, avril lavigne....
Theres some good **** that has come out of Canada, but yah ones you mentioned suck. I could go on to make a Australian list of ****ty artists, but hell, someone would start calling me racist lol.
Electra_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 06:00   #1000
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
But only if it's about Aboriginals.
Besides, everyone knows S.mouse is the best musician from Australia.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 06:02   #1001
zand183zef

zand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond reputezand183zef has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
When people act like taking a piss in the shower is the grossest thing ever.
Everyone does it, and whoever denies it is a ****ing liar.
idk what this ****'s about but god i get so horny of that picture you have ......

where/what is it frommm

"In fact actually, new threads were just made for both at about the same time. /chat has -20 replies and there's 26 here."-me.

"Subjectivesubjectivesubjectivesubjective"
- also me.

"I am extremely fond of my MacBook Pro"
-The.NWO.OwnsYou
zand183zef is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 06:03   #1002
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Hows that.....those dudes rock man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadian Rock n Rollers....

Last edited by Electra_Glide; 11-18-2011 at 06:17.
Electra_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34   #1003
Paper~DeidaraZ
Banned

Paper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
at least australians got AC/DC
Paper~DeidaraZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 20:55   #1004
mwah
hell yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
But only if it's about Aboriginals.
Besides, everyone knows S.mouse is the best musician from Australia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra_Glide View Post
Hows that.....those dudes rock man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUYS. I laughed so much i almost cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper~DeidaraZ View Post
at least australians got AC/DC
true.
that being said we don't produce much international music. but at least we didn't spawn Justin Bieber..
Old 11-19-2011, 18:55   #1005
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
pro singing skillz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb_xzcCs6I

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: