Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:42   #1
Ryan_2008
( ̄ε( ̄) ∑(╯▽╰)╭ ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

Ryan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb About the new class -Shaolin Monks

If there is a new class -Shaolin Monastery, what features do you like in the game?

We have a traditional saying that all the Chinese Kungfu originates from Shaolin Temple. Many of the famous martial arts masters have some relations with Shaolin Monastery.

If the Shaolin monks and nuns are the new Class in our game, what new features would you like to play?

We would like to know your ideas and suggestions.

1. About the Titles and Images.

There are two types. Which one do you think is more attractive?
(1) Monk (Male) and Nun (Female)
Live in Temple and study Kungfu there. They don***8217;t marry and are totally the traditional type. Perhaps these guys seem to be more professional (:
(2) Disciples of Shaolin Temple
They are followers of Kungfu and Zen (The Buddhism philosophy, like Meditation etc.). They learn martial-arts from the Shaolin Abbot, the master of Shaolin Kungfu.

2. About the Equipments.

Wand, club, blade, sword, all the weapons, Shaolin Monastery are able to use. Do you want any new weapons? Such as Boxing/Fighting Gloves, Prayer Beads , Monk Rod/Staff etc.

3. About the Skills.

There are countless skills the Shaolin people may have. What effects do you like? They may have the ability to freeze the enemy, suddenly increase the HP, transform to half deity, and so on.

Leave your opinions here and let***8217;s see the ideal new class in your eyes.

Any off-topic post would be removed. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by Ryan_2008; 07-29-2009 at 07:24.
Ryan_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:11   #2
lukas
looking

lukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_2008 View Post
If there is a new class -Shaolin Monastery, what features do you like in the game?

We have a traditional saying that all the Chinese Kungfu originates from Shaolin Temple. Many of the famous martial arts masters have some relations with Shaolin Monastery.

If the Shaolin monks and nuns are the new Class in our game, what new features would you like to play?

Live in Temple and study Kungfu there. They don***8217;t marry and are totally the traditional type. Perhaps these guys seem to be more professional (:
They are followers of Kungfu and Zen (The Buddhism philosophy, like Meditation etc.). They learn martial-arts from the Shaolin Abbot, the master of Shaolin Kungfu.

2. About the Equipments.

Wand, club, blade, sword, all the weapons, Shaolin Monastery are able to use. Do you want any new weapons? Such as Boxing/Fighting Gloves, Prayer Beads , Monk Rod/Staff etc.

3. About the Skills.

There are countless skills the Shaolin people may have. What effects do you like? They may have the ability to freeze the enemy, suddenly increase the HP, transform to half deity, and so on.

Leave your opinions here and let***8217;s see the ideal new class in your eyes.
Don't you see that ppl are already mad because you unbalanced this game SO MUCH that it isn't fun to play anymore. You'd better fix countless mistakes you have done in game rather than doing more mistakes. And I am sure our opinion worth nothing. You do not listen to players anyway. Why should we waste our time thinking ideas if there is no point. First FIX damn TALISMANS, reduce Toxic Fog effect, release CO 1.0 server (btw, when will it actually be released?) and when your game is BALANCED, create new class.

Edit: look at suggestion section and you will understand what players want!

Last edited by lukas; 07-29-2009 at 07:16.
lukas is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:16   #3
~WolfPack~
noob xD

~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute~WolfPack~ has a reputation beyond repute
i think a new class would be kinda cool personally especially if it can counteract the ninja..
i do think monks should have their own unique weapon(staff maybe) and i also like the fighting glove idea because they are afterall, masters of hand to hand combat.

as for the not getting married, i dont know about this. maybe if they were given something else in return? although i cant really think of what =p

do you have any idea when this new class might be released? and if there could possibly be a talisman nerf with it? because i would love to see that more than any new class

PÝseidÝn 130-130-132 nin-war-wat

Blackwolf. 128 tro-130 Archer (Retired)
~WolfPack~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:17   #4
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Perhaps some figures of Ninja will be fixed to a certain degree in the later version.

But I don't think that Ninja leads to big imbalance of games.

Why do you say so?
Ninjas became the new trojan with better magic defence and more attack (if using a hood).
Toxic Fog has become the most essential skill in this game and unless you have 2,097,152 hp, you will ALWAYS be left with 1 hp after 60 seconds of fixed fog. With 2,097,152, you will be left with 2 hp. That is just insane. And there is currently no way to counter it. If you have been fogged, your only choice is to either log off, teleport, wait it out or die. There really is no other skill that has that effect.

Call it a rant but I as well as many others believe that TF needs to either be nerfed or a skill should be implemented to counter the effects.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18   #5
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Location: Suomi prkl!!!!!!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 113 = 11628
ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
NO new class. Thank you.
ananta...~v.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:21   #6
Ryan_2008

Ryan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas View Post
Don't you see that ppl are already mad because you unbalanced this game SO MUCH that it isn't fun to play anymore. You'd better fix countless mistakes you have done in game rather than doing more mistakes. And I am sure our opinion worth nothing. You do not listen to players anyway. Why should we waste our time thinking ideas if there is no point. First FIX damn TALISMANS, reduce Toxic Fog effect, release CO 1.0 server (btw, when will it actually be released?) and when your game is BALANCED, create new class.

Incorrect.

We value your opinions, so I post this thread to collect your suggestions

If you think that you are full of complains , you just need to send PM to me.
I will really appreciate your suggestions.

About the TALISMANS, and Toxic Fog effect. I think we shall talk about it in other places or you may add my MSN , and we can talk directly.

And now, just leave this thread to those who have BRIGHT ideas. OK?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:35   #7
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Live in Temple and study Kungfu there. They donít marry and are totally the traditional type. Perhaps these guys seem to be more professional (:

2. About the Equipments.

3. About the Skills.

Leave your opinions here and letís see the ideal new class in your eyes.

I think they should be used to hand fighting. I mean fighting with their kung-fu fist.
A new class which would involve the boxing should be good.

As for skills:
Do not give any over powered skill to them. They should be good in martial arts, have ability to cure people or themselves.

They should be able to change appearance in many other ways. Like changing into a dragon, a tiger or anything that represents Chinese worshiped animals. Or make them the masters of disguise or something.

A special skill would be that the monk could dodge any attack for a limited time with an XP skill.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38   #8
Ryan_2008

Several days ago, I heard from the CO designer that , a new skill will be implemented to counter the TF, perhaps through the new class or a new system of skill learning.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:47   #9
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Several days ago, I heard from the CO designer that , a new skill will be implemented to counter the TF, perhaps through the new class or a new system of skill learning.
We don't need a new class, what we need is for a water tao, be it pure water or not to have a stamina or mana based skill or spell to cure or counter Toxic Fog.

Its a very logical idea. Give the healing and support class a spell to heal and support its team mates.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:53   #10
WindReaper

WindReaper is on a distinguished road
I like the idea of Shaolin monks as a new class.

As far as special skills/effects, I like to see them with some sort of freezing technique (like pressure points attacks).

For basic attacks, I think fists and feet are cool. Their exp skill can be "Shadow Kick" just a 30 second fast, multiple kicks at a target.
WindReaper is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 07:55   #11
Ryan_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
We don't need a new class, what we need is for a water tao, be it pure water or not to have a stamina or mana based skill or spell to cure or counter Toxic Fog.

Its a very logical idea. Give the healing and support class a spell to heal and support its team mates.
I quite agree with your logical idea that WaterTao shall have such skill to cure the toxin.

But I am not the designer and the important thing I shall do is to collect your opinions and send the feedback to the Chief Designer.

I also hope they will fix this soon.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56   #12
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
I guess this will be "highly anticipated" as well? <_<

anyway if we really have to choose, I'd prefer monks with a short ranged boxing glove. Something like simply boxing but with spirit force, which creates a tiny bit of range. Boxing only is ****ty because you won't be able to land a hit on any jumping character. What about protective spells instead of healing ones like "Divine retribution" or things like that.

for example, as a xp skill, [insert name here]: effects; Places a small angel above a targeted players head, if the player dies he instantly revives. lasts 20 seconds or so. well I have no idea tbh.

Also, ninja's aren't overpowered on themselves, they are able to one hit practically everything but their extremely weak defense makes up for it. The skill Toxic fog is overpowered however. It also is a skill that goes with the reborns. Ever played against a nin-war-fire? allow that char to fight against a fire-fire-fire with the same gears, outcome is clear
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 08:07   #13
Lement
Not a Tao

Lement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond repute
@OP:

For ninjas, Lotak pretty much nailed it. He just forgot to note that no other class can halve the hp of anything in 3 seconds and anyone withing 30 BP of them.

As for the new class: There are already tons of melee classes using those weapons(ninja, trojan, warrior. Albeit ninjas got 1h weapons with damage greater than 2hs as well).

I'd like to see boxing profiency, the one you get when attacking barehanded, used, and also for skills. Perhaps some skills could use a staff too, but done wrong it will just be either the next ninja or warrior(aka unused class for pvp) depending on the class having non-equipment dependent skills, their powers and if staff will have ranged attack or not.

As of now the class roles:
Quote:
Ninja: PK/PVE
water: powerlevelee/support at GW/melee pk once 2nd RB/RB into archer
archer: PK , powerlevel, hunting
Warrior: first rb class for reflect/fast self-levelling for mentoring and db/Sgem
trojan: RB into archer/float around as ghost
fire: ....inferior to archer in every aspect/make trojans float around as ghosts
However I look, what aspect can monk fit into that doesn't make anything else obsolete?

I can think of offensive support class(stunning/negative status effects/incredibly low range powerful moves(not to be able to be used along with stunning, otherwise it will be "the new ninja")).

Any other thoughts?
Lement is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 11:05   #14
phini4eva
lovedbyall

phini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

(1) Monk (Male) and Nun (Female)No
Live in Temple and study Kungfu there. They donít marry and are totally the traditional type. Perhaps these guys seem to be more professional (:
(2) Disciples of Shaolin TempleYes
Why?Making it so that a 'holy' class can marry and kiss in game is very offensive, so just keep it as that
2. About the Equipments.

Wand, club, blade, sword, all the weapons, Shaolin Monastery are able to use. Do you want any new weapons? Such as Boxing/Fighting Gloves, Prayer Beads , Monk Rod/Staff etc.Most definatly new sort of Wands, Monk Wands with some magic attack, so it could be a magic/mellee class

3. About the Skills.

There are countless skills the Shaolin people may have. What effects do you like? They may have the ability to freeze the enemy, suddenly increase the HP, transform to half deity, and so on.The ability to randomly teleport someone, this is an xp skill, and has a 20% chance of working, a definate Counter to Toxic Fog.

Leave your opinions here and letís see the ideal new class in your eyes.

Server: Dreams-Dreams
Chara: fatboyslim

"Religious freedom is not based on the freedom to proselytize, but the right to retain one's religion and not be subject to proselytization" -Belief of Hinduism
Ex-Vidster-Phini, RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
We don't need to reach deeper into your wallet. You do that for us. ha
The Official and absolutely amazing fan group of the god/goddess that is Infamous~!
Liverpool FC FTW
Css Player
Suggestion for Warrior(recommended by mods)
Apparently, I have offended someone.
phini4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2009, 12:29   #15
Nokias

Nokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond reputeNokias has a reputation beyond repute
Ok let's say you guys make a monk that can counter toxic fog....then what about the other classes? What will that change? other than the fact that the new class can counter attack the toxic fog but the other classes people have worked on for a while or what not will still have to deal with the Toxic fog

secondly if monks came out what use of it can it be if it's still going to be a battle of fog fog/run/log out/pot your ass off/ then come back and try again.

Fires with decent BP that fogs, you got no chance once they fog you, so perhaps FIX the toxic fog problem then start to think of designing a new class as it's not going to change a damn thing or interest anyone, all it will do is make people curious and try it out, but then go into pk areas and get fogged and the we are back to square one.
Nokias is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: