Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:32   #1
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Final Drafts for new character classes

People voting Dark Taoist thought this was cool

Discussion started here

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=461126

and then branched out here:

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=464876

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehLuzr View Post
To Durant - I liked alot of your ideas so I stole them...with minor modification.

Background
It is said Taoists are the dirtiest of the purest, the meanest of the noblest, the cruelest of the kindest and the briefest of eternity, while the omnipotent God said, "They are only the creators of miracles."

Rebelling against the standard paths of Taoism, people who choose the path of a Dark Taoist live mainly for themselves. Greedy, arrogant and seclusive Dark Taos avoid fights not because of they have a peaceful belief, but because they feel your inferior to their might. With their ability to match fire taoists and reverse the effects of water Taoists, Dark Taoists know they are to be feared.

Skills

Basic Spells:
All common Taoist Spells (Thunder, Cure, Fire)

Advanced Spells:

Bane
Prerequisites: Character Level 40
Cost: MP
Effect: Decreases the target***8217;s physical defense

Elementary: Defense -30% for 20 seconds, cost 200 MP, Upgrade after level 50
Level 1: Defense -35% for 30 seconds, cost 250 MP, Upgrade after level 60
Level 2: Defense -40% for 40 seconds, cost 300 MP, Upgrade after level 70
Level 3: Defense -45% for 60 seconds, cost 350 MP, Upgrade after level 80
Level 4 (Fixed): Defense -50% for 80 seconds, cost 400 MP

Darkness
Prerequisites: Character Level 45
Effect: Decreases the target***8217;s hit rate

Elementary: Hit Rate -10% for 20 seconds, cost 200 MP, Upgrade after level 55
Level 1: Hit Rate -15% for 30 seconds, cost 250 MP, Upgrade after level 65
Level 2: Hit Rate -30% for 40 seconds, cost 300 MP, Upgrade after level 75
Level 3: Hit Rate -30% for 60 seconds, cost 350 MP, Upgrade after level 85
Level 4 (Fixed): Hit Rate -30% for 80 seconds, cost 400 MP

Slow
Prerequisites: Character level 50
Effect: Slows the target's movement speed and attack frequency

Elementary: -30% Speed for 5 Seconds, cost 200 MP, Upgrade after level 60
Level 1: -30% Speed for 10 Seconds, cost 250 MP, Upgrade after level 70
Level 2: -30% Speed for 15 Seconds, cost 300 MP, Upgrade after level 80
Level 3: -40% Speed for 15 Seconds, cost 330 MP, Upgrade after level 90
Level 4 (Fixed): -50% Speed for 15 Seconds, cost 360 MP

Fear
Prerequisites: Character Level 55
Effect: Decreases the target***8217;s physical attack

Elementary: Attack -30% for 20 seconds, cost 200 MP, Upgrade after level 65
Level 1: Attack -30% for 30 seconds, cost 250 MP, Upgrade after level 75
Level 2: Attack -30% for 40 seconds, cost 300 MP, Upgrade after level 85
Level 3: Attack -30% for 60 seconds, cost 350 MP, Upgrade after level 95
Level 4 (Fixed): Attack -30% for 80 seconds, cost 400 MP

Life Tap
Prerequisites: Character Level 55
Cost: Stamina
Effect: Converts HP into MP

Elementary: Takes 50 HP and converts it into 100 Mana. Upgrade after level 40.
Level 1: Takes 100 HP and converts it into 200 Mana. Upgrade after level 60.
Level 2: Takes 200 HP and converts it into 400 Mana. Upgrade after level 80.
Level 3: Takes 400 HP and converts it into 800 Mana. Upgrade after level 100.
Level 4 (fixed): Takes 510 HP and converts it into 1020 Mana.

Arcane Strike
Prerequisite: Character Level 65
Effect: Causes damage to multiple targets

Elementary: 130 m-damage, cost 150 MP, Upgrade after Level 65
Level 1: 189 m-damage, cost 170 MP, Upgrade after Level 75
Level 2: 275 m-damage, cost 190 MP, Upgrade after Level 85
Level 3 (Fixed): 380 m-damage, cost 210 MP

Shadow Vortex
Prerequisites: Character Level 70, Fire Level 4
Effect: Causes magical damage to a single target, regenerates health

Elementary: 189 m-damage/+20 HP, cost 36 MP, Upgrade after level 95.
Level 1: 275 m-damage/+30 HP, cost 50 MP, Upgrade after level 105.
Level 2: 380 m-damage/+40 HP, cost 64 MP, Upgrade after level 115.
Level 3: (fixed): 505 m-damage/+50 HP, cost 70 MP

Soul Spike
Prerequisites: Character Level 70
Cost: XP Skill
Effect: Causes magical damage to a single target, drains target***8217;s stamina

Level 1: 760 m-damage/-50 stamina, Upgrade after level 105
Level 2: 1040 m-damage/-70 stamina, Upgrade after level 115
Level 3 (fixed): 1250 m-damage/-100 stamina

Arcane Might
Prerequisites: Rebirth (Dark Taoist to Dark Taoist), Character Level 40
Effect: Increases M-Attack

Elementary: M-attack +5% for 20 seconds, cost 200 MP, Upgrade after level 65
Level 1: M-attack +10% for 30 seconds, cost 250 MP, Upgrade after level 75
Level 2: M-attack +15% for 40 seconds, cost 300 MP, Upgrade after level 85
Level 3: M-attack +20% for 60 seconds, cost 350 MP, Upgrade after level 95
Level 4 (Fixed): M-attack +30% for 80 seconds, cost 400 MP

Summon Corpse
Prerequisites: Rebirth (Anything into Dark Taoist), Character Level 40, Gold Ore
Cost: Stamina
Effect: Summons an undead being to Attack your enemies

Elementary: Summon Fiend (5000 HP, P-Attack 25-50, P-Def 50, M-Def 10, Dodge 50, Chance to Poison Target)
Level 1: Summon Thrall (10000 HP, P-Attack 50-99, P-Def 500, M-Def 50, Dodge 60, Chance to Poison Target)
Level 2: Summon Lich (15000 HP, P-Attack 70-125, P-Def 1000, M-Def 100, Dodge 70, Chance to Poison Target)
Level 3: Summon Death (20000 HP, P-Attack 100-175, P-Def 2000, M-Def 255, Dodge 80, Chance to Poison Target)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehLuzr View Post
A few notes:

Shadow Vortex: This is Durant's idea - although modified somewhat. I changed it so that it provided a fixed amount of health regeneration per level. I liked his idea for the animation (purple tornado-like effect). The casting speed on this though would be the same as fire - not really a rapid casting spell. I also made the casting cost slightly higher than that of Tornado, in order to balance the HP regenerating effect against the need to regenerate MP.

Arcane Strike: This is the Dark Taoist's Area of Effect attack spell. The casting cost is equal to that of Fire Circle, and the damage is what fire would do at each level. I used Fire for the damage benchmark because it's less than Fire of Hell, but still potent enough to be useful for leveling. I picture the range of the spell to be similar to Fire Circle, and the effect animation is the same as the smoke animation for Pervade, but without the Yin-Yang symbol that appears after Pervade's final cast. Casting speed would be the same as fire - fast, but not as rapid as Fire of Hell.

Soul Spike: My original intent was to devise a way to nullify fly, but instead I decided upon a different approach. This spell, by draining stamina from the target, effectively hinders the ability of any class to use a stamina skill - thereby making it extremely potent against all classes. Since it is so versitile and potent I thought it best to be an XP skill. Although it's only an XP skill, it's effect makes it extremely useful, as it may just come available at that critical moment when you're about to get reamed by a FastBlade. Also very useful against another taoist by negating his ablilty to meditate.

Life Tap: This is the Dark Tao's way of regaining MP - they can't use Meditation. I really didn't see the point of the Dark Tao getting more than 1020 MP per use...I personally thought it would be way over-balanced, and since their main offensive spell regenerated HP, having to use it more than once to fill up their MP bar isn't all that big of a deal anyhow unless they are taking damage from another source at the same time.

Summon Corpse: Other Taoists get a Bat. I think that the Dark Taoist should be further differentiated by having a different Summon. The summon I envision further illustrates the "Dark" factor of the Dark Taoist by providing the tao with an equally sinister companion. I picture the summon as being the same in apperance as Gibbon, or those monsters in the 2nd RB map that look like the Grim Reaper - forgive me but I don't recall the mob's name, but you guys that have been in the 2nd RB Map know the ones I'm referring to. The summoned minion's poison ability has about the same activation rate and effect as a poison blade.

As for an alternate Rebirth Skill -

Channel Soul
Prerequisites: Rebirth (Dark Taoist to Dark Taoist)
Cost: Stamina & Mana - See Description Below
Effect: Temporarily Increases HP

Elementary (Fixed): Restores HP to full and Adds HP equal to currently available MP to HP for 60 seconds, cost minimum 100 MP & 100 Stamina

When cast, for a brief period of time, the Dark Taoist's HP is equal to their Max HP + Current MP. When the effect is cast, the Dark Taoist's Stamina Bar is completely depleted. When the effect ends, the Dark Taoist will be at Full HP (unless killed before the effect wears off), but their MP will be completely depleted. Must have at least 100 MP available to use the skill.

Last edited by Durant; 02-05-2008 at 07:40.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:32   #2
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Final Drafts for new character classes 2

List of skills I would like to be Dark Mage/Taoist exclusive (meaning you wont get them if you reborn into something else).
  • Life Tap
  • Shadow Vortex
  • Soul Spike

Just a quick list of skills I dont wanna see a reborn Darkmage with
  • Superman
  • Flying Moon
  • Hercules (just thought I should mention it...)
  • Fly (neither XP or stamina)
  • Scatter
  • Rapid fire
  • Intensify
  • Meditation
  • Pray (XP revive from wat>fire is fine, also for wat>dark)
  • Nectar
  • Tornado
  • Bomb
  • Fire met
  • Fire ring or ball

Last edited by Durant; 02-05-2008 at 06:50.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:45   #3
Durant
Angry X***

Note changes (Instead of Knight, Samurai or Chinese Warlord, Dragon Disciple chosen).

Discussion started here:

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=461019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
Alright I brainstormed on this one. Any thoughts appreciated:

Dragon Disciples

Background
Unlike warriors, Dragon Disciples are adept with magical broadswords which are the source of their power. Due to their swords, they are allowed to use magic which has caused some to believe that they are actually evolved warriors. The disciples however, shun the belief as they would willingly throw away the use of a shield for their magic use.

Weapons
A two handed sword (takes up both slots) and while it only adds Physical Attack, the sword gives mp as well. Sword has no passive skill. (Note that the amount of mp given is increased with every level however skills should draw enough mp to ensure that skills like Blade Crash are not exploited. I had originally thought of 50 mp per level so at level 120 class carried 1200 mp. Also note that sword does have strength requirements.)

Active skill:
Blade Crash (Stamina): Skill similar to fastblade and scentsword.

Armor
I thought that Warrior armor would be recycled allowing for both classes to share armor like water Taoists and fire Taoists.

Skills

Stone Defense (mp required)
Gives character enhanced defense for 30 seconds like Magic shield.

Blade cure (mp required)
Restores hp (700 max when fixed)

Force Blade (mp required)
Skill that attacks 430 magical damage (damage amount is when fixed).

Smite (XP required)
Skill similar to flying moon and does 6100 magical damage skill is fixed.

Rebirth Skill
Heavenly brilliance (XP skill)
Level 1 Attack and Defense increase by 5% for 30 seconds (Level 40)
Level 2 Attack and Defense increase by 7% for 30 seconds (Level 60)
Level 3 Attack and Defense increase by 10% for 30 seconds (Fixed)

OR

They get this transformation:
http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthr...hreadid=336126

Last edited by Durant; 02-05-2008 at 07:12.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:45   #4
Durant
Angry X***

Just a quick list of skills I dont wanna see a reborn Disciple with
  • Superman
  • Flying Moon
  • Hercules (just thought I should mention it...)
  • Fly (neither XP or stamina)
  • Scatter
  • Rapid fire
  • Intensify
  • Meditation
  • Pray (XP revive from wat>fire is fine, also from wat>dark)
  • Nectar
  • Tornado
  • Fire met
  • Fire ring or ball
  • Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight View Post

New one is nice, I still think they should get the transformation as a regular skill and get the rebirth skill on top of that.

Last edited by Durant; 02-05-2008 at 07:10.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:36   #5
Durant
Angry X***

Taking a second stab at this class but using Medallion's as a base point and adding other suggestions and ideas along the way from the thread and my own.

Discussion started here:

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=461020

Weapons
Assassins are allowed to Dual-Wield however only for the following weapons:
Swords, daggers, whips, and possibly hooks (the starting weapon for these is above 30 dex and I can see why Medallion chose them).

No blades, clubs, axes, scepters or hammers as weapons should be lighter and more swift in attack (higher AGI). To also note, I dont think they can limit the Trojans use of weapons at this stage seeing how the game has been out for quite some time now and people already have their weapon preferences. Maybe limiting the assassin is best.

Armor:
Mask - Physical defense like archer hat but also some m-defense.
Cloak - Physical defense should be low like a robe/coat, m-defense high.

Skills

Backstab (Stamina)
Elementry Causes 3% loss in hp and loses another 1% every 2 seconds for 10 seconds (level 50 learnable)
Level 1 Causes 5% loss in hp and loses another 2% every 2 seconds for 10 seconds (level 70)
Level 2 Causes 7% loss in hp and loses another 3% every 2 seconds for 15 seconds (level 90)
Level 3 Causes 10% loss in hp and loses another 5% every 2 seconds for 20 seconds (Fixed)

Shadowsprint (Stamina)
Assassin changes into a dark figure and able to move with burst of speed like divine hare.

Summon Clone (Stamina)
Creates replica of the assassin which follows like a guard summon. Can attack as well, damage is physical.

Accurate Strike (Stamina)
Uses full stamina bar for physical damage. However since the assassin will be agility based I want to recommend the following formula (or something similar be used). Note I came up with this formula by looking at the attribute points for the classes at level 110. This skill can be disposed of or adjusted.

http://co.91.com/guide/reborn/rebornpro.shtml

Agility x25= attack value
attack value-targets defense=damage to target

Now for a assassin to wear his equips at level 110 (which I think requires at least 170 str like a tro) and still be agile, his vitality must be low, and I worked out that by level 110 he would have stats like this:

Str 170
Vit 40
Agl 127
Spr 0

Anyone looking to attempt to adjust can use this link to help.
http://emjay2.googlepages.com/attributecalculator

Stealth (XP) (Called Dark fatigue by Medallion)
Assassin type cyclone that adds invisibility which does not disappear with attack so aggressive mobs do not attack when attacking another mob. Lasts as long as you can chain kills.

Rest In Shadows (XP)
Regenerates health by 100 hp per second, skill is canceled if the character moves or attacks. Being hit cancels it.

While noted on dropping the trapping skill still wanted to attempt it one last time. Yes I did note that these traps are pvp based hence the reason I upped the learning level to 90.

Trap (Gold and stamina)
Learnable at level 90. Uses stamina and gold to create fake items to fool other players.

Fake Ginseng uses .30 stamina and costs 300 gold. Causes 1200 damage if picked up by player.

Fake Vanilla uses .30 stamina and costs 500 gold. Causes 2000 damage if picked up by player.

Fake Recovery Pill uses .30 stamina and costs 400 gold. Reduces players mp by 1000 points

Rebirth skill
Deathstrike (Stamina)
Critical attack with an 35% chance which may leave the target with 1 HP.

Last edited by Durant; 05-09-2008 at 23:22.
Old 02-02-2008, 14:09   #6
Durant
Angry X***

Alright I finally arrived here. This class is the toughest due to the type of play of CO and limitations on graphics. Here is my thoughts though...

Edit: I used mine as the former ones were noted as too Diablo-like.

Discussion started here:

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=461016

Summoner
Summon techniques summons an entity on screen as if a class doing a cool animation then the summoner glows the corresponding colour for the summon after animation disappears. Must complete summoning technique (the animation must finish) before you can use skills of a different summon.

Skills
(Can be used outside of a summon)

Dissummon (MP)
Can dissummon all summons of a non-summoner class (meaning all rebirth pets and guards)

Summons

Phoenix
Sequence: Trojans cool
Color of Summoner: Red

Phoenix Flame (MP)
Effect: Damages every enemy/foe on screen for damage.
Elementary: 500 magical damage
Level 1: 610 magical damage
Level 2: 680 magical damage
Level 3: 730 magical damage

Phoenix Revival (XP)
Effect: Revives all allies on screen (must be in guild/friend list? Trust me I know this sounds hard to pull off even for TQ)

Dragon
Sequence: Super Dragon Gems?
Color of Summoner: Yellow

Dragon Bite (Stamina 33%)
Effect: Does physical damage on a single target based on magic damage
Elementary: 15% of magical attack converted to a physical attack
Level 1: 20% of magical attack converted to a physical attack
Level 2: 33% of magical attack converted to a physical attack
Level 3: 45% of magical attack converted to a physical attack

Violent Dragon (XP)
Effect: Reduces 70% of hp from target and heals 50% of summoner

Pixiu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixiu (I know its wikipedia but meh)
Sequence: New
Color of Summoner: Green

Greed (Full bar of Stamina)
Effect: Does 100 damage for every 1000 gold your target carries + 100 (Damage capped at 5000).

Coin toss
Effect: Pay gold for direct damage on target.
Elementary: Pay 1000 gold for 650 damage.
Level 1: Pay 3000 gold for 1200 damage.
Level 2: Pay 5000 gold for 1700 damage.
Level 3: Pay 10000 gold for 2300 damage.

Mother of Lake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi_Wangmu (Yes another wiki, sue me)
Sequence : New
Color of summoner: Blue

Party of Gods (MP)
All teammates get healed for 1000 hp.

Peach perfume (XP)
All enemies on screen stunned briefly.

Rebirth
Assimilate (Passive skill)
For every summon dissummoned, you are healed 700 hp and 400 mp.

Last edited by Durant; 02-05-2008 at 07:15.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:57   #7
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
I know there was a lot of work on this idea. But we have released the Ninja class recently, and also implemented some similar skill you mentioned for Ninja, we do not have plan to create another new class in a short period. Anyway, I will keep this thread here. But do not need any more discussion recently.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:24   #8
Durant
Angry X***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
I know there was a lot of work on this idea. But we have released the Ninja class recently, and also implemented some similar skill you mentioned for Ninja, we do not have plan to create another new class in a short period. Anyway, I will keep this thread here. But do not need any more discussion recently.
Thread was already closed -_-.

However the thread should remain here just in case TQ seeks to create another new class in the future as a lot of discussion did go into these "player established" classes and they are material that TQ could look at again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: