Old 06-04-2010, 18:29   #16
~Nia~
<3 Justin

~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farau View Post
You get EMA weekly o.o up to 30 pounds right? Its all over UK I guess o.0
yeah was 40 pounds when i was at school, they changed it the year after i finished and yeah it's all over the UK.

oh yeah and in Scotland we have SAAS (student awards agency scotland) who you apply to for funding for college/university and they give you a bursary which you don't have to pay back and student loan which you don't pay back untill you are in a job where you make over a certain amount of money a year, they also pay your course fees for you and accomodation fees if you live in student accomodation. o.o
Old 06-04-2010, 20:35   #17
Morteh
Banned

Morteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post
Could you describe what the average pupils/students are like?
Preferably their motivation, interests and 'average marks'.

I'll start: In my region there are only a few people out there who really go for good grades because they have to have at least 80%+ average to study medicine, the rest of the studies don't really need a specific average grade to enter so just about everyone is like: "Meh, a 60% score is fair enough."

Most of them waste their time doing sucky jobs with which they earn about 20% of what an adult would earn in the same amount of time (read: wasting time), which sucks in my opinion.

How are finances involved in your educational systems?
In this country everyone under the age of 30 is allowed to receive a scholarship regardless of what they're studying (In my opinion, this should be changed a bit, make people who get better grades receive more scholarship etc).

Serious thread is serious, education is important, even for all the trolls among you.
People in my area = retarded. Most of them gets Cs (which is about 60% of an exam).

I'll edit this in the monring. Just come in, o yeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nia~ View Post
as i've said before, school in scotland is completely different, not only is the grading system and entry requirements for college/university completely different but students that stay at high school after they are 16 are paid to stay for the last 2 years of school, but you need to keep good attendance and good grades to get the money so it makes students want to go to school and get good grades.

for university/college they either take previous exam and overall subject grades and decide whether you would be suitable or not which you get a unconditional entry offer which means it doesn't matter how good you do in your last years exams, or they give you a conditional offer stating that you need to get certain grades in specific subjects to get a place on the course.

Oh and English at Higher(Scotland) AS level (England) is almost always a requirement set by the university's.
Scotland is for retards. Like you. Hushhhhh.
Morteh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2010, 21:50   #18
Farau
Banned

Farau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond repute
Isnt uni free in scotland? o.0
Farau is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2010, 22:52   #19
Fa1nT1
UberPrinny

Fa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond repute
My school had

The elite - People with 4.0-5.0 GPA (about 10-20 people in this catagory). AP and IB students who basically did nothing but go to school, go home, do homework for 5 hours, then repeat.

The Honors - People with A averages on basically everything. Generally good people.

The regulars - People who got some A/B/C's and grad normally.

The lowers - People who got c/d/e and either just passed or failed.

The failures - People who smoked weed in the bathrooms all day, did nothing in class but be annoying, skip, ect. Basically 90% of the 1200+ black people at my school feel into this catagory. Racist? Probably. True? Absolutely.

I feel into the honors bracket, and was in some regular, some honors, and some AP classes. For basically all of grade 10-12 I was in classes with the same other 100 people who actually wanted to be successful. A few, such as in AP chem and Biology, I was with for at least 3 years straight of classes.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:17   #20
~Nia~
<3 Justin

~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute~Nia~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farau View Post
Isnt uni free in scotland? o.0
well only if you apply to SAAS, only dumb people don't though.

and if you decide you don't like your course and drop out to start a new one you have to pay the course fees yourself for how many years of the other one you did....even if you just did the other one for like a month you have to pay the entire years course fees of the next course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteh View Post
Scotland is for retards. Like you. Hushhhhh.
hhhhh yeah...totally
Old 06-05-2010, 08:48   #21
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa1nT1 View Post
My school had

The elite - People with 4.0-5.0 GPA (about 10-20 people in this catagory). AP and IB students who basically did nothing but go to school, go home, do homework for 5 hours, then repeat.

The Honors - People with A averages on basically everything. Generally good people.

The regulars - People who got some A/B/C's and grad normally.

The lowers - People who got c/d/e and either just passed or failed.

The failures - People who smoked weed in the bathrooms all day, did nothing in class but be annoying, skip, ect. Basically 90% of the 1200+ black people at my school feel into this catagory. Racist? Probably. True? Absolutely.

I feel into the honors bracket, and was in some regular, some honors, and some AP classes. For basically all of grade 10-12 I was in classes with the same other 100 people who actually wanted to be successful. A few, such as in AP chem and Biology, I was with for at least 3 years straight of classes.
I feel that if you fell into the honors category of High School, then High School education, as a standard, has fallen.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2010, 15:09   #22
Fa1nT1
UberPrinny

Fa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond repute
i feel that if you are afraid to not type perfectly on a forum, you are a ***got.

i guess i win, yes?
Old 06-05-2010, 17:21   #23
Jadagrail
Banned

Jadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jadagrail
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
I feel that if you fell into the honors category of High School, then High School education, as a standard, has fallen.
In general, "high school" alone isn't capitalized unless it's in reference to a specific name, such as "BuddhaIncarnate High School." One could argue that you were referencing "High School Education" as a name of a specific entity since you followed up with "as a standard," but in that case the "e" in "education" should have been capitalized as well, since it's part of the entire name/title. However, if it were up to me, I would have simply said "high school education." (In either case, the initial capitalization of "high school" was incorrect and has no real excuse, besides the fallen standard of high school education.)

Either way (and I underline the next part just to give myself a bit of douchey tone due to the irony in your post, so please don't try to correct it): Your wrong.
Jadagrail is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2010, 18:18   #24
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadagrail View Post
In general, "high school" alone isn't capitalized unless it's in reference to a specific name, such as "BuddhaIncarnate High School." One could argue that you were referencing "High School Education" as a name of a specific entity since you followed up with "as a standard," but in that case the "e" in "education" should have been capitalized as well, since it's part of the entire name/title. However, if it were up to me, I would have simply said "high school education." (In either case, the initial capitalization of "high school" was incorrect and has no real excuse, besides the fallen standard of high school education.)

Either way (and I underline the next part just to give myself a bit of douchey tone due to the irony in your post, so please don't try to correct it): Your wrong.

You're not entirely right on one of your points. Also, I did a correction on the entire misuse of two seperate words. Feeling is nothing like falling. That is beyond a simple gramatical error. Also, I would have thought it was a spelling mistake, but then I noticed it occurred twice in the same context.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2010, 19:09   #25
Jadagrail
Banned

Jadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You're not entirely right on one of your points. Also, I did a correction on the entire misuse of two seperate words. Feeling is nothing like falling. That is beyond a simple gramatical error. Also, I would have thought it was a spelling mistake, but then I noticed it occurred twice in the same context.
Re-read what I said about underlining.

You completely missed the point.

Also: separate* grammatical*

This is why stupid people shouldn't be allowed to speak, let alone correct others.
Old 06-05-2010, 20:21   #26
ShootTheMoonlig
♪♫Bhall♫♪

ShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Damn son you wouldn't know if you got troll'd if it sucked you off right now.
Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2
Skate 3
Add Me : Bhallerrr
ShootTheMoonlig is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2010, 20:32   #27
Jadagrail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheMoonlig View Post
Damn son you wouldn't know if you got troll'd if it sucked you off right now.
Are you implying I'm some kind of homosexial?
Old 06-05-2010, 20:44   #28
ShootTheMoonlig
♪♫Bhall♫♪

ShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Are you implying I'm some kind of homosexial?
Vary. Your're froot tayst ahsum.
Skate 3
Old 06-05-2010, 21:09   #29
Jadagrail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheMoonlig View Post
Vary. Your're froot tayst ahsum.
I liek where this is goings.
Old 06-05-2010, 21:25   #30
ShootTheMoonlig
♪♫Bhall♫♪

Quote:
I liek where this is goings.
There was a spelling bee and the foundation for literacy was outside the school picketing or w/e I guess saying we need to make english and spelling more "Simpler" lol. Hence my post that's basically what they want, for words to spell out how they sound.

ie: Fruit = froot, through = thru etc...
Skate 3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: