Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 16:54   #1
dixalex
~GunBlade~

dixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond repute
Quest to +9 Dagger.

The Methodology
Devote all my time when playing that game on that single cause.
My goal is to make a +9 one handed weapon. Im at +4 right now, and have a +2, and two +1s in the bank. On top of that I have 60 mets(my warehouses are full). I just turned level 80 and plan on being that level for a while.

The Reason
I feel that accuracy and damage of a +9 dagger with penetration is the best onslaught in the game. Its something to do. When you devote yourself to one cause you have 0% chance to waist money. Think about it; all the supers, dbs, +1 armor, uniques, and all that stuff you purchase. If you focused all that money into one goal, you would have a greater effect, hence a +6 or +7. The last reason is that given, daggers only flaw is infact its minor damage, if it was increased it would be flawless .

The Hunt
As you know the amount of time it takes to reach this goal is all based on blessings(im Christian). Last night I found a +1 coronet and a +1 warrior helm in 15 minutes of gameplay... Thats 1.1kk without lifting a finger. I will sell those and and then buy yet another +1. I hunt macquee around ape city(they drop more mets than doves, honestly). Also while hunting theres the chance of me finding money, uniques, and such. I have another account but I dont want to mine as it takes time away from hunting.

Sell the Meteors?
No. Even though I dont plan on using them any time soon, I like having them. Knowing their there. Knowing that everyone is scrapping to buy just one, when I have 60(yes I am boasting). Im level 80 using a level 55 refined axe and an Elite +4 level 75 dagger. I like how much damage penetration takes off and the idea that if I chose to upgrade it would do so much more.

Support the Cause
Im on Diamond server. TrojanFury. Guild: Angelic.
If anyone is able to bargain with me. Like sell me +1 for 650k or 500k then please feel free.

The King of Iron Fist Tournament enter... The TEKKEN.
Quick Links of the Quest
Video Update +7, +6, +5: +8 Horizon
Marketing Secrets Exposed (Remain Competitive in a CP filled Market)
Quit CO: Passed on the Torch (Enter Kasha!)
Update Summer 2006
Fall Update 2006
Rage vs Penetration Study and Comparison:
Spring Update 2006 Making the Archer
Update February 2006 Level 120 draws near
Diamond Turns Against Me
Update January 2006 Waste of Money Analysis
Update +5 Sword
Scammed (41-43)
Update December 2005 Enter Blessed Items
+6 Dagger Acheived
LOSING THE DAGGER
Tribute to Aithe: Fellow Dagger User (20-22)
Sword & Dagger Combo
+5 Dagger Acheived (Scroll down the picture is in the link)

Last edited by dixalex; 07-05-2007 at 09:04.
dixalex is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 16:56   #2
AJ!
The Jesus Lizard

AJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond reputeAJ! has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with that.

/edit: why the hell is it in tips and hints?
AJ! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 17:10   #3
EliteDragon

EliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond reputeEliteDragon has a reputation beyond repute
on top of that you'll have to level penetration which is insanely hard to level(quite possibly the hardest skill to level in the game). so good luck with that.
EliteDragon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 17:14   #4
xenilix

xenilix is an unknown quantity at this point
10 bucks you get to +5 and quit
Old 04-21-2005, 17:18   #5
dixalex
~GunBlade~

dixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond reputedixalex has a reputation beyond repute
$10

I cant even buy a db with that... _
dixalex is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 17:54   #6
yang3617
Falon

yang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to yang3617 Send a message via AIM to yang3617 Send a message via Yahoo to yang3617 Send a message via Skype™ to yang3617
jus cuz ur a christian dont mean ur gonna find good stuff -_-

but...yeah, i bet US $11 ...you'll quit b4 u get it

hm...one +9 dagger vs 2 +5 club/blade/sword...if u intend on makin ur dagger strong...u will get pwnd by every1 else...assuming ur armor, necky, earrings, boots will b crap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha_chaos View Post
PEOPLE I WANT TO KILL COZ IM SO JEALOUS AT HOW COOL THEY ARE:
fury, dark, iceh, falon, mogsy, kittykat, hellicios, trigeki, elite dragon,Skutria, magic onion, dac vin, xioa bai, a5ka, bobbleness, abbygail, bicep, draggonik, mistresskitty, tristesse, Seiken, tallas, Usagi, Darnell0216, Falon, replica, saban, somnica, yang3617, White_Shadow, Godofdarkness, nash0r3, raptoot, Waterlin r da COOLEST
yang3617 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 18:12   #7
frillz
Dirtbag King

frillz is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, +9. Good luck. Is the cap +9, or is just insanely hard after that?
Old 04-21-2005, 18:14   #8
Roddy

Roddy is on a distinguished road
if u did get to +9

ppl will just laugh at u for making +9 dagger instead of a +9 blade/sword/club
Yes, I am the 1st warrior with full 14 dual socket in Tornado
Yes, I am still the warrior with the BEST gear in Tornado
And YES, I TG alot LOL

try give us suggestion instead of hate
try give us direction instead of hate
try give us a fair go instead of hate
maybe then we can achieve much more

stezzi was here. she looks so sexy bahaha <3 i lubb u hun xxx
anyone touch my bebe, i will HUNT you down.
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 18:14   #9
Kytana
ɐuɐʇʎʞ

Kytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond repute
Heh heh thats cool. Although I must say, it would have been better to go on a quest to make something like a Blade to +9. But you have your mind set on the goal of a +9 dagger, so have fun.
Old 04-21-2005, 18:14   #10
crackajackbob
boomshakalaka

crackajackbob is an unknown quantity at this point
lol thats ridiculous... +9.... GOOD LUCK

Xixxo:

"Graphics overhaul:

what do they mean wen they say this? make everything more smooth? more effects better textures? what! i love new graphics on games makes things more interesting"

BurnU2Pieces Level 80 Water Tao - Triumph (Selling + GOOD ITEMS)
BadBoy Level 5* Trojan - CO 2.0 Alpha
.com Active Warrior - Lightning
crackajackbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 19:06   #11
Finn
Banned

Finn is an unknown quantity at this point
if that is your goal... by all means.. go for it.

suggestion though? LEVEL UP!!!!!!!!!!

once you hit level 120 its easy as hell to 'hunt'. Hawkings give decent gold/items and once you are 120 you should be able to 1-hit them with ease.

Also about the +ing of weapons, I think that the higher the + on a weapon, the smaller the actual 'damage' of the weapon come into effect.

I'll try to explain. if you have a normal club and a normal dagger, the max damage between the two at level 115 + is probably (just guessing here) about 1K=1.5K depending on the quality of the weapon. But the '+'s give the SAME added damage. So with a +9 club and a +9 dagger, yeah the difference in max 'damage' would still be that 1K=1.5K or whatever the difference was to begin with. But the +s would be adding the SAME to both weapons.

So maybe I'm just messed up in the head, but to ME the difference between weapons lessen slightly the higher the +'s go. Of course the 'skills' may bring more of an effect, but with rage the damage is what? 140%? something like that.. who knows.. I'm probably way off..~L~ but penatration fixed is 240% that would basically eleviate the difference.

damn I'm blabbing... so I'll just stop right here and yes I know how hard penetration is to level and how often both penetration and rage 'kick in'

Decado

P.S. good luck on your quest, you are going to need more patience than any person should ask for.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 20:08   #12
matte2006

matte2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by frillz
heh, +9. Good luck. Is the cap +9, or is just insanely hard after that?
the cap's +9 but after +6 even, it gets insanly hard. highest + ive seen on american server is +7 for a 120 war helm, but theres a +8 and a +9 on the foreign servers. first person to show me a +9 gets a db from me
Life is but melting snow. yuki no michi

Zaishiki
Frost on grass: Kusa no shimo
a fleeting form toza bakari zo
that is, and is not. shiraururi

'What are clouds
But an excuse for the sky? What is death But an escape from life?'

quoted by Kasigi Yabu from Shogun by James Clavell
matte2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 20:22   #13
Roddy

Roddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by matte2006
the cap's +9 but after +6 even, it gets insanly hard. highest + ive seen on american server is +7 for a 120 war helm, but theres a +8 and a +9 on the foreign servers. first person to show me a +9 gets a db from me

+7 backsword in tiger
bs cost 2-3 times as much as war hem
i think +7 bs is better then +7 war hem

and gratz to CT the owner of the bs for being 1 water to hit 130 in tiger
Yes, I am the 1st warrior with full 14 dual socket in Tornado
Yes, I am still the warrior with the BEST gear in Tornado
And YES, I TG alot LOL

try give us suggestion instead of hate
try give us direction instead of hate
try give us a fair go instead of hate
maybe then we can achieve much more

stezzi was here. she looks so sexy bahaha <3 i lubb u hun xxx
anyone touch my bebe, i will HUNT you down.
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2005, 22:53   #14
somwone
...Shut Up

somwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond reputesomwone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to somwone
50 years later...
YES!! +9... hmm... i better go eat sumtin...

KYLIN SPAMMER (re-retired)

- From Kylin moved to Temple Artemis -

Quit Due To 4336 "Patch"

IS THIS ART???
LLAMA!!!
FORUM RULES!!!
confuzzled....
somwone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2005, 02:20   #15
Wild81
Senile Miner

Wild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond repute
Chinese are insane...good luck on your +9 try.

-Luomuteurastaja
Wild81 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: