Old 04-18-2012, 02:49   #1
Kingofbears
||||||||||

Kingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond repute
Post ~Simple way to deal with Botters~

Hello everyone,

Here is where I present my proposal of dealing with botters in the most simplest way possible if implemented correctly.

As we already know, the current promotion levels are 15, 40, 70, 100, 110.

Once a character has levelled to either level 15, 40, 70, 100, 110, they will be required to be promoted to its specified new class status before they are allowed to gain additional experience to level further and higher.

To make things more complex, each promotion will require a rarer breed of item. E.g Instead of Meteor, it could be Meteor Tear
And to further increase the complexity, the required promotion item could be of a randomized item from a list of items which TQ will decide which will be impossible to be pre-determined by botters, thus not allowing them to gain further levels. (The item required could be in description form of where it could be found instead of specifically defining its name)

A further note: For DragonBalls to be dropped from a monster kill, Character must be of a certain level to be awarded with such an item of rarity.

If you are only certain that this idea will help the TQ community rid or lessen botters, lag spikes and over populated servers, support this
Old 04-18-2012, 04:27   #2
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
i feel that this wouldnt stop the botters, they would just horde the lower level monsters instead, bots make money because the auto loot gold, the only gems they even pick up are thunder/glory. a DB is just a nice boost to what they already make in a day.

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2012, 14:23   #3
xSherufanir

xSherufanir is on a distinguished road
I don't think this would be a good idea at all. I honestly believe for someone just entering the world of Conquer Online the game is already confusing enough, let alone being required to obtain advanced items in order to be promoted. No, the botting problem needs to be fixed server sided, and apparently it's quite the easy upgrade, in fact. But I doubt TQ would listen to the man who could solve all of their problems (not me).
xSherufanir is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2012, 18:52   #4
heavenwargod

heavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond reputeheavenwargod has a reputation beyond repute
1. Remove mine caves.
2. Remove bonus damage on Fatal Strike or remove the skill completely.
Alastor - Trojan (101) (101 since the beginning of time)
heavenwargod is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2012, 23:06   #5
SaintWulfie

SaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenwargod View Post
1. Remove mine caves.
Not sure about 2, but 1 is actually in progress.
The announcement state that Ore be useless soon for making house.
Cannot wait them to remove mine
Old 05-03-2012, 23:45   #6
Stranglehold

Stranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintWulfie View Post
Not sure about 2, but 1 is actually in progress.
The announcement state that Ore be useless soon for making house.
Cannot wait them to remove mine
That's ok with no more mines all those botters who were exploiting mines with botters will now switch to auto hunting so anyone wanting to legit lvl won't really be able to.

This game is already on it's way out 2 years left if people are lucky, shouldn't take long for the newer influx of botters to make anyone else who is still on leave the game

Mindfreak: tro-war-fire 130-130-86- 290bp
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2012, 02:57   #7
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Dont remember when i saw last bot miner. TQ have succesfully dealed with them. Gratz TQ.
(also gratz on destroying legit mining too)

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2012, 14:57   #8
*Sonne*
cultivator

*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute
Again:

a solution to this problem needs to come directly and proactively from TQ in the form of greater penalties and prevention of bots invading in the first place.

No player suggestion is going to fix the botting problem.
*Sonne* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2012, 18:33   #9
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
in my opinion they should make mining much more rewarding, but filled, packed even with monsters, it should be team effort and you cant mine unless your not being attacked by a monster. the higher *tier* your in, say 1 mine, with monsters all the way up to level 140, and being 14 floors for mining. each level has slightly increased chances to mine dragonsouls and quality gems.

like 1 person mines while 2-3 people keep monsters from swarming the miner, and the miner averages a random super gem every 25mins at level 14 of the mine. where you would mine a super gem every 4hours at the 7th level.

and of course you cant mine at a lower level then yourself.

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
Old 05-04-2012, 19:43   #10
*PriKito*
OldSchool

*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute*PriKito* has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to *PriKito*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofbears View Post
Hello everyone,

Here is where I present my proposal of dealing with botters in the most simplest way possible if implemented correctly.

As we already know, the current promotion levels are 15, 40, 70, 100, 110.

Once a character has levelled to either level 15, 40, 70, 100, 110, they will be required to be promoted to its specified new class status before they are allowed to gain additional experience to level further and higher.

To make things more complex, each promotion will require a rarer breed of item. E.g Instead of Meteor, it could be Meteor Tear
And to further increase the complexity, the required promotion item could be of a randomized item from a list of items which TQ will decide which will be impossible to be pre-determined by botters, thus not allowing them to gain further levels. (The item required could be in description form of where it could be found instead of specifically defining its name)

A further note: For DragonBalls to be dropped from a monster kill, Character must be of a certain level to be awarded with such an item of rarity.

If you are only certain that this idea will help the TQ community rid or lessen botters, lag spikes and over populated servers, support this
(...) about a random item instead the currently promotion items (Meteor, EuxeniteOres and Esmerald), wont work, since botters auto buy normal gears and quests. Removing promotion requeriments wont make then go away, removing sub-maps didnt, they're scattered all around the main cities, the removal of old quests used to give legit players some profit didnt solve the problem too. It doesnt seem TQ cares about, as they remove quests and add sucks ones and remove elements from the game, from another hand they think on some idea of shop and new gears to earn some dollars, since the bot developers are taking it away

"Human muscles are quite eloquent. They speak-out clearly what the person's next movement will be. They even tell me which way a gun will be pointed before the trigger is pulled."
Vamp, MGS II
*PriKito* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12   #11
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
About the original suggestion: this would be easier for the botters than for honest players. It would take botters less than a minute to get their promotion done and be back where they were; regular players would take a lot longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1234512 View Post
in my opinion they should make mining much more rewarding, but filled, packed even with monsters, it should be team effort and you cant mine unless your not being attacked by a monster. the higher *tier* your in, say 1 mine, with monsters all the way up to level 140, and being 14 floors for mining. each level has slightly increased chances to mine dragonsouls and quality gems.

like 1 person mines while 2-3 people keep monsters from swarming the miner, and the miner averages a random super gem every 25mins at level 14 of the mine. where you would mine a super gem every 4hours at the 7th level.

and of course you cant mine at a lower level then yourself.
It would be much easier for a bot to do this than a regular player - bots level up fast and would just get autolevelled to higher levels. I'm sure the bot programs would soon get changed to include the monster-killing aspect.

This suggestion would also make it much more profitable for bot miners and harder for regular players to catch the bots (so many levels to search and it's harder for players who don't bot to level up junk bot-catching noobs to fulfill the level requirements).

This is supposed to be a thread about dealing with the problem of botters, not about making botting even more profitable.

I agree with *Sonne*. TQ needs to become pro-active. It's time they stopped removing/changing parts of the game that botters use (it's always the honest players who really lose out) and work on better ways to catch the botters without "catching" the honest players.

They also need to stop giving so many extra chances to known botters who have repeatedly been caught and convicted. I recently noticed that the records of some well-known repeat offenders were removed from our "Video proof & jailed" thread and those accounts have started being active in the game again. It's like TQ holding up 2 fingers at those of us who don't bot.

The necessary changes will probably only happen if TQ realise how much they're losing due to the vast number of dbs being sold outside the game by botters, at a fraction of the price TQ charges. TQ would also need to realise, though, that botters do buy dbs from them so the botters can appear legit.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35   #12
kyle1234512

my system would only be broken if bots were able to 1 shot the monsters with fatal strike, assuming the mobs dont have 100k+ health on the 14th floor.

if theyre on the 7th floor chances are lots of people see the bots and report them.

the fact that its level restricted prevents massive amounts of bots in the first place, and lets just say that you dont get exp from killing these monsters, or say theyre like target dummies. the dont do much damage but lets face it, youll need at least 2 or 3 people to keep the monsters away, like tanks.

Old 05-06-2012, 15:36   #13
warlord2080
Boycotter

Location: past mars go 1,000 light years away take a left on xeon planet once landed put you hand to your chest move it around while sing El Mundo Chaccaron Maccaron
warlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond reputewarlord2080 has a reputation beyond repute
They have already started removing the floors for the silver mine and the bots can't hide and can only stay on one floor. suffice it to say killing the bots is pointless now.

Quote:
why remove the fatal strike make it so that if the skills is used 0.5 seconds in before the player is sent to bot jail. a normal player has to keep clicking right click around 1.5 seconds and it is used. the bots use the skill faster than any regular player that being said why not jail the ones who are using the skill faster than normal?

also thread maker your poll is not up why is that?

guide for in-guild events including how to be a better guild leader http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=697106

Last edited by warlord2080; 05-06-2012 at 15:45.
warlord2080 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2012, 11:20   #14
rewargo
Warrior

rewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond repute
I actually like the suggestion. I think this will foster new players to, you know, make friends, ask guild-mates, and everything else to help them with these items.

Voted yes.
rewargo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2012, 21:19   #15
Žogue
Cool

Žogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond reputeŽogue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord2080 View Post

why remove the fatal strike make it so that if the skills is used 0.5 seconds in before the player is sent to bot jail. a normal player has to keep clicking right click around 1.5 seconds and it is used. the bots use the skill faster than any regular player that being said why not jail the ones who are using the skill faster than normal?

also thread maker your poll is not up why is that?
That depends on your ping.. If you've got a great ping then you'll get jailed for it?

My suggestion? Do NOT change the game to fight botters, simply improve your anti-bot system -.-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: